Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2010 4:55 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was rather interesting episode about the old man playing the violin. I particularly liked his flashback of his past.=> I did not particularly understand why would he caught blood at the end.....was it pills or his own health.....?
francismeunierApr 13, 2010 12:25 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 12, 2010 6:47 PM

May 2008
I found this episode dreadfully unengaging... can't admit to having felt any desire to pay attention to it.

francismeunier said:
I did not particularly I understand why would he caught blood at the end.....was it pills or his own health.....?

The point of the episode was that he was a spy as well as a musician. He failed, and killed himself at the end.
Apr 12, 2010 6:56 PM

Nov 2007
Russian this time?

HIMEKA's ED was good.
tsubasaloverApr 12, 2010 7:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 13, 2010 12:24 AM

Oct 2009
hikky said:
I found this episode dreadfully unengaging... can't admit to having felt any desire to pay attention to it.

francismeunier said:
I did not particularly I(my bad mistake) understand why would he caught blood at the end.....was it pills or his own health.....?

The point of the episode was that he was a spy as well as a musician. He failed, and killed himself at the end.
Ah ok......so he did with those pills? I heard spies end their lives with that in books....some even have in their tooth.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 13, 2010 12:37 AM

Apr 2010
Loved the second episode very much! Now we know the main characters better. And I can say that their Russian (I'm from Russia myself) is far better than Mandarin from the previous episode =)
Apr 13, 2010 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
Since I cant at all read japanese, its hard to track anime with japanese subtitles, but this episode was rather on the slower side, didnt get my attention. will wait for [rumbel] though and only then will rate it.

on a side note, yukina is beautiful :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2010 8:36 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I think it's quite hard to follow a series in a language one doesn't understand and it becomes virtually impossible when it relies on listening/reading as much, if not more, as watching.

I thought the episode was quite compelling, but it started out a bit slow and I found Fuuran to be a bit annoying and cliché as the sqeaky side character...if she's not developed beyond that I would be a bit dissappointed.
The story this time was typicall spy-stuff...it was almost like reading a 1950's novel.

So I assume they will follow the uncovering of the secret agenda of the Japanese military unit that Yukina's brother seems to have been involved in and Sakurai seems to have some personal goal involving the secret powers of the group.

I still wonder how exactly the clock and the powers are connected...the opening hints to a deeper conncetion I think
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 14, 2010 6:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
NICE ED by HIMEKA ---> Eternal Support from me.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 15, 2010 3:18 PM

Aug 2009
The subs are taking way longer than usual. :(
Apr 15, 2010 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
Sorry for spamming this thread up but... where the hell are subs? This is taking way too long!

/end rant. *leaves before someone screams at me to go sub it myself if I want subs so badly*

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 16, 2010 6:30 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
guyklc said:
Sorry for spamming this thread up but... where the hell are subs? This is taking way too long!

/end rant. *leaves before someone screams at me to go sub it myself if I want subs so badly*

You can try Chinese subs....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 17, 2010 5:13 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, at this rate we'll be week behind in the subs.I'm gonna go cry into my pillow now lulz
ZepwichApr 17, 2010 8:06 AM
Apr 18, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
None sub group care about handicaped darker than black
Apr 18, 2010 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
We are just two episodes in. Saying that it is handicaped <whatever anime> is too soon, especially since the plot here has yet to start.
Apr 18, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2008
I actually loved it, that's the only reason i posted here.
On the other hand, I prefer to say it's retared and be surprised later
Apr 18, 2010 9:50 PM

Mar 2010
So....are subs out or what? :(

Or do the sub groups want to see us b'awww for fun.
Apr 18, 2010 10:47 PM

Apr 2010
Bunny-kins said:
Or do the sub groups want to see us b'awww for fun.

Yes.

*ducks back into hiding*
Entitled2OctopusApr 18, 2010 10:54 PM
Octopus is chewy.
Apr 19, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
wakka9ca said:
guyklc said:

I'll try that. Where can I get Chinese subs? I don't know any group that does Chinese subs.

Apr 19, 2010 5:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
guyklc said:
wakka9ca said:
guyklc said:

I'll try that. Where can I get Chinese subs? I don't know any group that does Chinese subs.

Simply find [DmxF][动漫先锋字幕组][闪光的夜袭][02] on google.

DmxF does a lot of projects by the way. You can try their site (need to register): http://www.dmxf.com/

Chinese subs are truly the FASTEST. They often get out before some of the raws. So you can always consider that alternative if the English ones are slow.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 24, 2010 1:55 AM

Apr 2010
Finally, the sub is out. I like the op.

I 'm thinking that this season is turning out to be pretty damn decent if not great.
Apr 24, 2010 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
I was almost starting to lose hope as to whether or not subs would ever come out.. Luckily, I didn't lose hope just yet : >

Oh right, MUCC lol xD

Telepathy. Is convenient.
Somewhat interested in whoever it is who's connected to Aoi, who died in the past.
What's more, anime + violins are usually a horrible combination, as are they still.

Oh right, HIMEKA~ : 3

Anyway, them interesting powers are still interesting, kthnxbai
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2010 6:27 AM

May 2008
The episode was quite good however I have to check out a lot of things to fully understand the settings...still I'm a little confused, my bad.
I loved the ED song, Himeka always amaze me, it's so touching I almost cried...what's wrong with me? :P
Next time maybe we got to know a little more about Yukina's brother, I wanna see it already~
Apr 24, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2007
The russian was great. Cool episode but a little slow for my tastes.
Apr 24, 2010 8:13 AM

Aug 2009
szugioh said:

I 'm thinking that this season is turning out to be pretty damn decent if not great.

Totally.

-I'm still not getting how watch dude's power exactly works, all I know is that it looks cool. And it's interesting that they were able to cover three of the four agents' backstories in one episode (though I think we'll most likely see more). Teleportation is awesome.

-Why is anything with a violin in a non-music always involve something bad happening?
Apr 24, 2010 10:07 AM

Feb 2009
Finally, subs!

So the association that Firo Aoi belongs to recruits people with powers? Kind of interesting, hope we get an explanation also about how they get their powers. Their Russian is much better than their Mandarin. The music was also good. Curious about Yukina's brother now.

Needs more explanation but it's interesting...
4/5
Apr 24, 2010 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Urgh... everytime the episode mentioned the Kwantung Army, my insides squirm (my grandmother's family is from Northeastern China, and they suffered a lot under the Kwantung Army's rule).

Other than that, this was a pretty slow but decent episode. I'm loving the ending song.

Apr 24, 2010 12:36 PM

Oct 2009
This was good. I expected a bit more action though...
Apr 24, 2010 12:52 PM

Nov 2008
A secret code in the music.
Unbelievable.

Well, whatever, I wasn't planning to take the show seriously in the first place. I'm glad they're using that awesome song for the previews.
Apr 24, 2010 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
About damn time, subbers. =_=

Anyway, not a bad episode, but it felt kind of... um... uninteresting, for want of a better word.

Also, does anyone else see this becoming a Cowboy Bebop style of show?
Apr 24, 2010 2:03 PM

Jul 2008

This one has a greater plot it seems. The episode showed that the girl's brother is an important part of the story and that the next episode will continue on it, tough it will probably have its own mini-story as well.
Apr 24, 2010 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
Nayrael said:

This one has a greater plot it seems. The episode showed that the girl's brother is an important part of the story and that the next episode will continue on it, tough it will probably have its own mini-story as well.

I wouldn't say greater, but more focus on it than being completely episodic. (Bar the backstory about Julia and Vicious, but hey.)
Apr 24, 2010 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
Finally subs XD, loved the op, the Russian was pulled off really well.
Apr 24, 2010 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, felt bad for what happened to the musician.
Nice to see some backstories to the characters, now if they only could explain more about the powers (would not want it to end up like DtB where the subject is only touched upon and left hanging in the air....)
Apr 24, 2010 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
Huh. It was genuinely good episode. How about that.
Apr 24, 2010 3:16 PM

Dec 2007
Very enjoyable episode. I liked the small flashbacks from all the characters all the music stuff was nice too.

OP and ED animation are nothing special, but I like the musics.
Apr 24, 2010 4:39 PM
Dec 2007
hikky said:
I found this episode dreadfully unengaging...

I understand how you feel, this show seems to be quite complex and the themes, background and characters aren't properly introduced for now, which make it really confusing and difficult to watch. At the same time, I also feel there's something more to it and there will definitely be some good developments, so that's why I'm still watching it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 24, 2010 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
The violinist was actually voice-acted by a real Russian, Aleksej Rachubo, that's why it was good :-p

Aoi's Russian, on the other hand... hahahaa... at least Daisuke Namikawa did it better than Mandarin.
Apr 24, 2010 6:07 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I wonder why most of the sub groups are so late with this.

I'm really liking this series. Spies with powers + 1920 = awesome :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 24, 2010 7:42 PM

Sep 2009
Jacut said:
hikky said:
I found this episode dreadfully unengaging...

I understand how you feel, this show seems to be quite complex and the themes, background and characters aren't properly introduced for now, which make it really confusing and difficult to watch. At the same time, I also feel there's something more to it and there will definitely be some good developments, so that's why I'm still watching it.

It's not that complex. It's not 100% self-explanatory, but it's hardly alienating. As for the characters, they're being developed as it goes along, much like Darker Than Black. As of episode 3, the only major character we don't have any real info on is Natsume. I really can't see how you're so lost here.
Apr 24, 2010 10:06 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome opening, and I like the use of violins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2010 11:15 PM
Nov 2009
The super powers put me off. Probably because I wasn't expecting them to be a part of this anime. :/ Decent episode.
Apr 25, 2010 12:21 AM

Apr 2009
Woohoo, subs are out! Thanks, subbers :D

I've come to the conclusion that I love both the OP and the ED.
Anyway, I'm liking this show so far. The music in this episode was beautiful x3
szugioh said:

I know o.o
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 25, 2010 12:26 AM
Apr 2010
hey guys good news, there will be a HQ release of episodes 2 and 3 in a matter of hours, hope you like it, as much as you like the episode and this great series.
Apr 25, 2010 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
^Btw, HQ, exactly how much HQ is that? : p
As in, 480p, 720p, etc
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 25, 2010 12:51 AM
Apr 2010
Oosran said:
^Btw, HQ, exactly how much HQ is that? : p
As in, 480p, 720p, etc

1280x720 with the opening having every sign typeset in english, in a way that looks natural. with a script that has been checked 3 times, edited twicw, QCed twice, then add in all the standard stuff you want in an anime release
Apr 25, 2010 1:03 AM

Jan 2009
^Guess I'll at least take a look then : p
Apr 25, 2010 1:14 AM

Feb 2008
Daymn, how often do they change outfits? Awesome though. >:3
Apr 25, 2010 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
What the hell did I just watch? I'm really confused.

Someone care to explain?
Apr 25, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
What the hell did I just watch? I'm really confused.

Someone care to explain?

Japanese James Bonds that are the X-Men who are in tumultuous Shanghai speaking crappy Mandarin (but excellent Russian) trying to stop a Jewish violinist from giving away government secrets with the power of music.

That should have done it. :P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 5 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 3, 2010

42 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 28, 2010

54 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:26 PM

» Japan's War Propaganda and Crimes

guyklc - Apr 12, 2010

38 by Neostorm-X »»
Jul 18, 2022 4:28 PM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 17, 2010

68 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 24, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 31, 2010

26 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 22, 2022 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.