Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2019 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Kasumi really has a good deal amount of confidence.

On the other hand, I'm glad they're bringing out more of Kokoro's character. I wonder if this season will bring out the most from its main cast for each individual. Those outfits looked a bit gimmicky though imo but entertaining. Neat masks.
Jan 24, 2019 6:50 AM

Mar 2016
This was a fun episode, reminded me a bit of garupa pico. Michelle got quite the upgrade haha.

Looking forward to Pastel*Palletes next week.

Jan 24, 2019 7:12 AM

May 2016
Did Kokoro just jump out of a third story window... into a backflip?!

This episode was some more nice fanservice for the mobile game players, as I'm assuming anime-only watchers wouldn't be too aware of who HaroHapi is or its band members. While it seems that anime-only watchers may be getting the shaft here, there was still a lot of enjoyable content for everyone.

I loved every second of this episode, start to finish. I'm not a huge HaroHapi fan, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grinning along to their stupid antics. Specifically, after all the mobile game's band stories and events, I was never a huge Kokoro fan. But this?

This is a smile you've gotta protect.

While this episode pretty much was a rehash of the Phantom Thief event from the mobile game with PoPiPa included, it gave a nice bit of depth to the HaroHapi members, even if it's only for one episode. This has got me excited to see what they'll do with the other bands, with Pastel*Palettes next week (Maya hype!) and hopefully Afterglow afterwards!

Jan 24, 2019 7:17 AM

Dec 2014
This was the most glorious episode till date. xD

I knew we were in for something special with the Hello Happy episode this week but this surpassed anything that I would've expected. xD
The staff probably had a lot of fun working on this episode.

Kaoru's ponytail seems shorter than I thought, I always thought it was longer.

When Kokoro literally jumped out the window and cartwheeled all the way, I was speechless. XD
Gotta love Kokoro, while she may be a little obnoxious, ultimately all she wants is for people to smile. :)

Need some Persona tunes when Hello Happy where sending out them calling cards. Honestly if that happened, I don't know how I would've reacted. :3
Hello Happy are basically Unlimited Budget Works. xD

Iron Man Michelle was pure gold. XD

PasuPare next week. :D
I hope we get a lot of PasuPare and Afterglow.
Jan 24, 2019 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
That was amazing!
How to not love Best Girls Misaki and Kokoro.

But now we had to add Supernatural, Super Powers, Mecha and Fantasy in the genres, lul.
Jan 24, 2019 8:40 AM
May 2018
this episode is pure gold! *mostly by kokoro*
Jan 24, 2019 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
Hilarious episode! Did Kokoro just jump from the third floor and doing cartwheels after landing? And how fucking rich is she?!
Jan 24, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
Hello Happy World! may not be one of my fave bands from the series but goddamn do I love the fact that their super wackiness and fun nature shown from Pico was carried onto the main anime, ngl this episode was good and funny, literally HHW makes things fun.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jan 24, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2015
There's so much to unpack with this episode but I can't stop thinking about how Kokoro jumped out of the window from the 3rd floor unscathed and no one batted an eye. But then again, I'd expect nothing less from her.

♡ artist
サコ
Jan 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2016
Only Kokoro could jump out of a high window like that and cartwheel to everyone.

Kaoru has all the girls attention as usual lol, she actually has an incredible voice, easily the best in HHW.

How do you catch a phantom thief on a ship that damn big lol.

Wow, you talk about going all out, giant Michelle carrying them in the sky and equipping Michelle with wings and rockets like that, also a nice firewoks display.

No surprise it was a fun and enjoyable episode, this is Hello, Happy World!

Pastel*Palettes next time by the looks of it. Shuwa Shuwa Shuwarin Dreaming.
Jan 24, 2019 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
It's over. The show has officially peaked.
As expected of HaroHapi, they made this look and feel like a different anime altogether. In fact it felt like GaruPa PICO was back, this episode brought me so much fun and laughter. Definitely the kind of tone that suits BanDori the most.
Jan 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
what can i say? THIS ANIME IS F****** PERFECT! DAMN!
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 24, 2019 1:06 PM
Mar 2017
Kokoro is the most fun and crazy girl in the world, I still can not believe she jumped from the third floor as nothing, also she has her own cruise and the name "S.S Smile", proper of the adorable Kokoro.
I loved the faces of Kasumi and Tae put when Kokoro asks them for their smiles.
Kaoru is a ladykiller, all those admirers in love and the funny thing was the classic girls who faints of the emotion.
It still makes me laugh that Kokoro does not know that Misaki is really Michelle, the same with Hagumi.
The brainstorm of Hello, Happy World! showed us how funny their personalities are and how together they create very crazy things but they are able to make their fans smile.
The eccentricity of Hello, Happy World! it has no limits, I still can not believe how great the private concert for Poppin'Party was, the whole show of Hello, Happy World! had the things that the girls liked.
Rimi looked so happy in the arms of Kaoru, it seems that she is another victim of Kaoru's charm, her blushed face made it very clear.
Tae met Mortin and her happy eyes are pure gold.
So we could say that Michelle is the "iron lady" of Hello, Happy World !, that interface was a nice reference.
Personally I am super satisfied with this episode, I love the girls of Hello, Happy World !, especially Kokoro and this episode showed how bright and beautiful her heart is, besides giving us the time to get to know each one of theirs members was awesome.
The next episode will be the turn of Pastel * Palettes to have their concert.
Jan 24, 2019 1:09 PM
Apr 2016
Really enjoy the episode, but I wish to see more of their stage performances. Next time lets do it on space 😂😂😂. Just ask that black suit man and every Kokoro wish will come true.
Jan 24, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2012
Finally I got an episode with my adored Kaoru, lol. I never thought that I would write it, but the level of yur..khm, hakanai is insufficient, I demand more, lol. If no joke, then I was somewhat surprised that what was happening was so eccentric and implausible. Or is it normal for a franchise?

Jan 24, 2019 4:50 PM

Mar 2015
Meh.. i'm the only who don't like this episode?

I love HHW, i really love Kokoro-chan but.. it's all surreal and stupid for me. I like most a simple episode like Roselia's Concert or all the episode from Season 1. I hope the next episodes are more seriously than this ><

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2019 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
having rewatched season 1 which i really liked i just find this too random and weird with all the new characters that just kind of exist and do random shit like this episode.. its less about kasumi forming a band and more about random comedy fanservice crap..
Jan 24, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
That would be a banger of a concert if Popipa did that, every thing was spectacular in IMHO!

Kokoro is such a reckless one, but I kinda like that bubbly side of hers. Poor Michelle!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 24, 2019 5:46 PM

Sep 2013
Finally, Kaoru, now I just need some KaoruxChisato and I will be fully satisfied.
I found myself pressing the notes while Goka! Goukai!? Fantom Ship! (ゴーカ!ごーかい!?ファントムシーフ!) and Sekai Nobbinobi Treasure! (せかいのっびのびトレジャー!). I like HHW! music for some reason, even if I would say it is my least favorite band.

funnystuff97 said:

I was never a huge Kokoro fan. But this?

Good to see I'm not the only one that is a huge fan of Kokoro like it seems everyone else that plays the game is. I really try liking her, I don't even know why I don't like her.

Now to Pastel*Palettes :)
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jan 24, 2019 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
funnystuff97 said:
This episode was some more nice fanservice for the mobile game players, as I'm assuming anime-only watchers wouldn't be too aware of who HaroHapi is or its band members.

I haven't played it, so for me this was Garupa Pico: The Movie. General zaniness, killing band girls, everybody wants to fly....

I was expecting this season to be relatively serious and realistic... not on HHW's watch. Good. I'd much rather this over that weak season 1 drama.

Jan 24, 2019 6:55 PM
Oct 2016
Best episode to date, we get to see Arisa talking to her bonsais again hehe and damn Michelle got a huge upgrade
bread is yummy
Jan 24, 2019 7:02 PM
Jul 2013
As an anime only scrub, I think I just found my favorite band
Jan 24, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2015
10000000000+++ out of 5 pure gold!
Might be the best episode so far.. no, it will be the best episode this whole season!! Yes I'm biased. Got a problem with my taste? XD
I was expecting something crazy from my favourite band in the anime, but tbh, since seeing their concert were pretty normal in the 1st episode, I wasn't expecting as much anymore. But then BOOM! A few seconds of the anime and I already see Michelle falling from the sky.. lol XD
There's not much stage performance, but hey we can see a bit references from the game's event for the song with the addition of Poppin'Party. And all that craziness lift up to my expectation! Oh how I love this band so much....

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 24, 2019 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
HHW is my favorite band from the game (tied with roselia) and 1 week waiting for this episode really paid off....

I mean, 5 secods into the anime I thought I watch different anime (I even check the title again to make sure I'm watching bang dream season 2 not Honkai Impact 3rd(?)) and damn its Michelle flying out of nowhere...

Then... Kokoro just jump from third floor and cartwheel into Popipa just make me speechless and think "this eps gonna be crazy"

Well it did! How Karou giving the invitation like a ninja, then the Popipa picked up by the black suite... Then Goka! Gokai? Phantom Thief! kicks in... I haven't watch the Phantom Thief story in game but surely HHW did a great concert!
When the "encore" started with the Michelle ballon appear from the city and Worldwide Treasure! music starts... that was the one of the most hype moment I ever felt in my life!! And then the Misa x Koko moment so cute but intense too....

And the eps ended with Karou and Misaki passed out >_<

11/10 surely want to see flying HHW concert again

funnystuff97 said:

I was never a huge Kokoro fan. But this?

I think Kokoro just crash into my top 5 girls in Bang Dream Series >_<
removed-userJan 24, 2019 8:25 PM
Jan 25, 2019 1:12 AM
Aug 2015
SailorMaoNya said:

I love HHW, i really love Kokoro-chan but.. it's all surreal and stupid for me. I like most a simple episode like Roselia's Concert or all the episode from Season 1. I hope the next episodes are more seriously than this ><

I honestly logged on after seeing episode 4 of BanG Dream! S2 hoping there would be more people as devastated as I was at how absolutely terrible it was...but was shocked to find no one else outraged but that they actually enjoyed it. It was like they scrapped the realism of the entire series; I was already upset when Kokoro jumped out of that 3rd story window, and even a bit more angry when Kaoru's castle walls crumbled strategically after she was done using them...but when I had to sit there for 12 minutes hoping they were in the middle of a dream that Kasumi was having when the S.S. Smile bullshit came in I was just left with this unanswered question or whether or not that was really a dream or if they were actively trying to ruin the series. I guess they felt the need to make me care a little bit less about those newly introduced characters from their mobile game and ultimately the series direction...everyone else seems to be a bit lost here.
Jan 25, 2019 2:48 AM

Mar 2010
I thought they're going to kill Misaki again like they did in Garupa Pico uwu

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Jan 25, 2019 3:47 AM
Dec 2012
MrAwesome2018 said:
Hilarious episode! Did Kokoro just jump from the third floor and doing cartwheels after landing? And how fucking rich is she?!

I wonder if Tsurumaki Family richer than Bill Gates 🤔🤔
Jan 25, 2019 7:44 AM

May 2018
Okay

I want my own Iron man bear suit too

also using the konami code to unlock the flight mode was freaking hilarious
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 25, 2019 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
thought i was watching the wrong show in that opening still continued to think i was watching the wrong show and it was great

this was the most out of reality episode to date that i did not expect also Kokoro is rich af but actually uses her wealth for others
Jan 25, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2007
Well, that was certainly one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a while...
Jan 25, 2019 3:02 PM
Sep 2013
Rahzek said:
SailorMaoNya said:

I honestly logged on after seeing episode 4 of BanG Dream! S2 hoping there would be more people as devastated as I was at how absolutely terrible it was...but was shocked to find no one else outraged but that they actually enjoyed it. It was like they scrapped the realism of the entire series; I was already upset when Kokoro jumped out of that 3rd story window, and even a bit more angry when Kaoru's castle walls crumbled strategically after she was done using them...but when I had to sit there for 12 minutes hoping they were in the middle of a dream that Kasumi was having when the S.S. Smile bullshit came in I was just left with this unanswered question or whether or not that was really a dream or if they were actively trying to ruin the series. I guess they felt the need to make me care a little bit less about those newly introduced characters from their mobile game and ultimately the series direction...everyone else seems to be a bit lost here.

I was left feeling the same... Sure it is very HHW, but it also feels very out of place after the first 3 episodes..
Jan 25, 2019 3:30 PM

Aug 2015
At last, HHW's 5 living memes come to the rescue turning the quality of the show up to 11 in a single episode.
Jan 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
Platypys said:
Rahzek said:
I was left feeling the same... Sure it is very HHW, but it also feels very out of place after the first 3 episodes..
Yeah while I understand the appeal of randomness, this felt more like a special/OVA than a regular episode. I guess the series is telling the secondaries/S1-only crowd to move on. But I love Popipa, and if they hadn't made such a good first season a lot of people wouldn't be here, so it's conflicting to see the direction where this is going.
Jan 25, 2019 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
really!? Am I watching a Chuuni show? lolz
4/5.

Jan 26, 2019 12:00 AM

Mar 2009
No idea what I just watched.
Jan 26, 2019 5:26 AM

Jan 2014
Terrible episode, ended up mostly fast forwarding threw it because it was just a silly mess. This show is going down the toilet atm.
Jan 26, 2019 8:02 PM

May 2011
EratiK said:
Platypys said:
Yeah while I understand the appeal of randomness, this felt more like a special/OVA than a regular episode. I guess the series is telling the secondaries/S1-only crowd to move on. But I love Popipa, and if they hadn't made such a good first season a lot of people wouldn't be here, so it's conflicting to see the direction where this is going.

I played the game a lot but I'm one of the minorities that didn't enjoy this episode as it really kinda ruins the realism of the past episodes/series. Even though I know Hello Happy always does things to the extremity but it really got way too unrealistic. I agree with you that it would be more suitable if it's an OVA or something.
Jan 27, 2019 3:53 PM

Mar 2015
EratiK said:

I played the game a lot but I'm one of the minorities that didn't enjoy this episode as it really kinda ruins the realism of the past episodes/series. Even though I know Hello Happy always does things to the extremity but it really got way too unrealistic. I agree with you that it would be more suitable if it's an OVA or something.

I'm happy to see other person with some realism xD Thank you to exist

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 28, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2012
Some Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight vibes for a second. WGee you can do anything if you're a young, crazy billionaire. hat a fun band.
Jan 30, 2019 6:02 PM

Jul 2014
This was so random with the blonde jumping from the third floor and then doing cartwheels or the fucking iron bear suit... but I loved it lmao.

As anime only I think they did a good job with HHW in this episode, I didn't know anything about them but I already love them, they are a very crazy and fun band. My favorites are Kokoro and Misaki; Kokoro with her superhuman abilities, smile power and unlimited richness and Misaki being the normal of the group, poor girl xD.
Jan 31, 2019 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
They have a - F K I N G - Iron Man Bear Suit..
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 3, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2009
I am loving it that this season we have episodes focused on the other bands, Kokoro sure is something! She does a lot with all her money haha
Jun 12, 2019 2:11 AM

Feb 2014
What a pointless episode. And here I thought this season was turning out to be much better than the first. This felt like nothing more than a tech demo for the animators to show off their CGI animation.
Aug 17, 2019 5:48 AM

Mar 2018
I loooobe this band and its members so much haha xd never fail to make one smile

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 12, 2019 6:42 PM
May 2016
So this is a rough estimate of my thoughts during this episode:

- Oh no, Kokoro's here, this is going to be a bad time
- Kokoro's an autistic afflunza kid who says something silly and random, then the Rin knockoff says something silly and random, then Kaoru says fleeting, then Kanon looks flustered, then Misaki has clinical depression. Yeah, she pretty much summed up Hello Happy World in one sentence, although I may be paraphrasing
- Oh wait, never mind, Kaoru's dead, she clearly didn't survive that fake castle falling down
- That Hummer limousine is surprisingly long
- THAT IS A HUGE FUCKING BOAT! What does Kokoro's family actually do to get all this money?!
- Okay so that costume/song wasn't just a one-off gimmick, it seems Kaoru is an actual phantom theif with actual stand powers
- This blackout on a cruise ship with HHW chasing me around and one of my friends being kidnapped by a creep? Yeah, I wanna get off this boat please.
- Kaoru, stop saying "it all makes sense to me now", you're not a shounen protagonist!
- Wait, Michelle. Don't tell Kokoro she's not wearing a parachute, let her fall to her death. That's what I would have done
- So Michelle has Iron Man tech now, all she has to do is input the KONAMI CODE to get it to work?!
- Kokoro, you're a stupid bitch and I hate you
- Poppin' Party is OKAY WITH ALL OF THIS?! They just got chased through a nightmare cruise and almost saw two of their friends die! THEY ARE SMILING AND LAUGHING!
- "There's nobody like Kokoro", yeah thank God there's not more of them
- So is Kanon the only one who knows Misaki is Michelle. The others can't seem to put two and two together? How stupid are they?!
- Oh wait, Kaoru died again

So it seems after Season 1 all logic just got thrown out the door, did it? Makes you wonder if this is what Bushiroad was planning from the beginning.

I would appreciate the CG if the frame rate wasn't so fucking slow. You know your show has problems when the supporting characters look better than the main ones do
Nov 10, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2018
Episode 1, 2, 3 just awesome episode and this one seriously terrifying 3/10. Out of my taste.
Dec 8, 2019 3:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The flying part was good, seems like the scenaries are way better than in the first season
Jan 8, 2020 3:06 AM

Oct 2007
Hello Happy World is the craziest group so far. Kokoron, Michelle, and that girl who keeps saying shakesphere made me laugh so hard. xD
Mar 26, 2020 7:58 PM
Jul 2017
I love HaroHapi so 10/10
Apr 20, 2020 3:37 AM

Apr 2009
Achaman said:
having rewatched season 1 which i really liked i just find this too random and weird with all the new characters that just kind of exist and do random shit like this episode.. its less about kasumi forming a band and more about random comedy fanservice crap..

Exactly my thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

52 by Strahan »»
Apr 4, 1:09 PM

» Why Rosalia band members are famous

bezardo - Dec 8, 2023

7 by ichihito »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

42 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

20 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2019

114 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 1, 2023 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.