Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2007
So is the manga completely over? What's this I hear about an opera-hen chapter continuing the story?
Mar 28, 2010 9:51 AM

May 2007
No-nodame~chaaan. ;___; I hope they make the ending more dramatic in the anime than it was in the manga. With good music and animation, they can do it. <333

Mar 28, 2010 10:16 AM

Oct 2007
The ending was guaranteed epic fail because it was scripted as epic fail in the manga. Apart from that I enjoyed this season perhaps most out of the 3, for pacing, art, animation and the storyline... up until the slapdash, afterthought, epic fail of an ending.

Gotta dock a point for that, but I'll give it a 9/10 anyway. Better than Paris, could have been better than S1 but...
Mar 28, 2010 10:37 AM

Dec 2007
People are idiots.

This ending was fantastic. No, they didin't do the cliche "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" ending, but to say that Nodame and Chiaki broke up is just idiotic. He was there as she gave her Mozart Concert at the very end. He didn't need to be. But he was, and not just because he likes her piano playing, far more than that. FAR more important in this episode that was resolved was her (seemingly) inferiority complex that was stopping her progress because she didn't think she could ever top her last performance. Chiaki taking her to play Mozart for 2 pianos was so she could see how much she has progressed (because she said she could remember their last performance of it clearly), and so she could realize how she can still progress, which should always be a musician's goal.

Plus, I liked seeing the whole blushing Tanya/Kuroki thing, and seeing Mine playing with Kiyora as well as Rui playing with... o_0 Frank just shows how music can bring people together.

So, no. You guys didn't get Nodame in a wedding dress. Dear god am I happy for it. This ending was fantastic.

Series gets a 9/10.
Mar 28, 2010 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
Meddigo said:
People are idiots.

This ending was fantastic. No, they didin't do the cliche "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" ending, but to say that Nodame and Chiaki broke up is just idiotic. He was there as she gave her Mozart Concert at the very end. He didn't need to be. But he was, and not just because he likes her piano playing, far more than that. FAR more important in this episode that was resolved was her (seemingly) inferiority complex that was stopping her progress because she didn't think she could ever top her last performance. Chiaki taking her to play Mozart for 2 pianos was so she could see how much she has progressed (because she said she could remember their last performance of it clearly), and so she could realize how she can still progress, which should always be a musician's goal.

Plus, I liked seeing the whole blushing Tanya/Kuroki thing, and seeing Mine playing with Kiyora as well as Rui playing with... o_0 Frank just shows how music can bring people together.

So, no. You guys didn't get Nodame in a wedding dress. Dear god am I happy for it. This ending was fantastic.

Series gets a 9/10.

Thanks for giving examples of what I was trying to say. I was too lazy to do it myself.
Mar 28, 2010 11:07 AM

Oct 2009
I was expecting a shot of a engagement ring on her finger at the end, but her and chiaki were left pretty open.

His comment about them practically breaking up.. he wasn't saying they did right?? Ahh, i'm just going to ignore that, and remember the hug.

Ehh, lovely series, but nothing so special about the ending so i guess an 8/10.
Mar 28, 2010 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
hallioe said:

His comment about them practically breaking up.. he wasn't saying they did right??.

He was referring music-wise. Nodame didn't want to perform with Chiaki because she was afraid that she would screw up in front of him. So it was unlikely they would perform together in a public setting, for now at least.
Mar 28, 2010 11:46 AM

Oct 2007
WTF kind of ending is that. how can they set up episode 10 like that with the marriage question and not even bring it up in 11. retarded.

life is a dream
~death is reality
Mar 28, 2010 12:15 PM

Nov 2008
Once again I can't believe it's over. It went by all so soon.
For now not yet sure what I'm gonna rate it, I might even have to re-watch it for that.
The upcoming specials probably will be original material, so I hope we will see some more ShinichixNoda moments.. I liked how they gave closure to every character, but I would have loved to see a 'final' final scene between the two main characters, even though it may have strayed a bit on the 'cliché' side. That bit where he showed up for her Mozart performance.. not enough, but definitely nice. I shed a tear when the ED started playing, again. That song is just.. Now I feel there's still something missing? (Yes, a regular 13 episodes season.)

And oh, did seriously no one lol at that part of mr. Pervert in the roller coaster? Heehee.
desolatoMar 28, 2010 12:21 PM
Mar 28, 2010 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
I can see what people are mentioning about the proposal, but the real problem is that Chiaki brought it up again in episode 10, not that he didn't bring it up this episode. I think it's better that them not getting engaged yet... However there was no ending feeling, unless you count the rough summary the last 5 minutes of everyone else. And the fact it was episode 11/11.
Totally starting the manga now. Plus since the anime stays true to the manga i can start at opera-hen. ^.^
Mar 28, 2010 12:27 PM
Aug 2009
It was awesome, it's better than I excepted :D

Ening was really nice, they are going to stay together, and mabe something more will happen in OVA ^^ I will miss Nodame and Chiaki :)
Mar 28, 2010 1:35 PM
Jan 2010
It's odd. Although the ending is exactly the same, I feel much more fulfilled having it come from the anime than in the manga. Although I was initially mad at the ending I think it fits the story. There is no way we could really get any sort of closure or perfection in the Nodame x Chiaki relationship, to try and do otherwise would be an injustice to the story.
As I see it when Chiaki took Nodame to the piano instructor's house for the duet, he was bringing her back to him, and bringing her back as a pianist. Otherwise she could have been forever stuck in the "kindergarten" rut.
And if you think of it, the Mozart concert is the way for Nodame and Chiaki to strengthen their relationship, because it was where the two of them really took off as a couple initially. It is also the way for Nodame to fully enjoy and perform music as herself.
It's just another turning point in the road for them.

As a "slice of life" you could really say some of the best have the open endings, because when in real life are there complete and total closures. I do believe this is among the best, and I will probably rewatch and rerate the season higher.
Mar 28, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2008
Meddigo pretty much said what I think. People who think of this ending as an epic fail don't really get what the show has always been about: Nodame and Chiaki becoming better, whole people in a musical framework. That's been the core of the series looking at every set of character relationships. The first half of the series focused more on the music, with Nodame and Chiaki inspiring the supporting cast around them to do the things they always dreamed of doing. Once in Paris, the show became more about the two of them as a couple, confronting their issues as people more head on. The finale, while slow in the beginning, marvelously moved Chiaki to the point where he had to confront her head on with no delusion about the nature of his relationship with her, and it put Nodame in the place to play music for herself. Nodame saying that she realized how she felt about music with Chiaki was how other people in the world felt about her was exactly the sort of revelation I wanted last week.

And during Mozart's sonata for two pianos there was an absolute difference in the performance from the first time. It was an unexpected climax that I found just as poignant as them doing a concert together, because Nodame wasn't totally in her world. She looked over at Chiaki and was stunned by the sound he produced. And once again, afterwards, Chiaki embraces Nodame as eagerly as he can in his own way.

This was a very solid ending. I would have liked to have seen more from Nodame and Chiaki, but seeing everyone else really made me think, "Yeah, it's over." And I teared up from the sonata onwards. It was all so grand in it's subtlety.

9/10
It was better than the much messier Paris-Hen, but not as perfect as the first series.

And here's the first sonata.
Mar 28, 2010 2:05 PM
May 2008
I hadn't read the manga beforehand, and probably won't for awhile. So maybe my expectations were a bit lower, but I really enjoyed the ending. Especially for the anime adaption, leaving it open ended seemed to just fit. Not sure how I feel now, knowing that the manga ended the same way... that seems a bit disappointing... for the manga version that is.

Regardless, I enjoyed this season, 8/10.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 28, 2010 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
Meddigo said:
People are idiots.

Series gets a 9/10.

This.

I also give it a 9. ^^ Another solid work from JC Staff.
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
Mar 28, 2010 2:49 PM

Jun 2007
Meddigo said:
People are idiots.

Series gets a 9/10.

I don't think anyone was expecting Nodame in a wedding dress or an actual wedding happing. What most of us where expecting was a tad bit of closure between them and their relationship. This was, after all, the "finale" series. In staid they left us with an open ending and the only sign of Nodame and Chaiki still being together was when Milch says something along the lines of 'I'm happy for both of you. You went your separate ways, yet came back together'. In a sense, you could say their relationship went back to square one....or didn't change at all. The only thing that progressed between them was their music. If that was the impression we where supposed to get then fine, they did a good job portraying music being stronger then love. But I still have a bad taste in my mouth with them just leaving the relationship open like that but giving all the other characters some form of closure. Even characters from the first season lol.
Mar 28, 2010 3:11 PM

Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:
In staid they left us with an open ending and the only sign of Nodame and Chaiki still being together was when Milch says something along the lines of 'I'm happy for both of you. You went your separate ways, yet came back together'.

What the hell? Was Nodame jumping on Chiaki and then Chiaki firmly embracing her not enough?

What evidence do you have that they are not still together? So silly.
Mar 28, 2010 3:26 PM

Jan 2009
Subtleness ftw, its clearly apparent in all japanese things, unless westernised, in your face big boom effect.

I enjoyed it, was quite deep expressing the beauty/quality of music and a jab at modern industrial produced music.
Mar 28, 2010 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
I liked the ending. Yep. Pretty 'Nodamish'. I've enjoyed this series more than the Paris Chapter, and I find Nodame's development as a great example of overcoming.
9/10

Mar 28, 2010 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
I like the ending much more here than I did in the manga, probably because I had to wait months for the manga ending so it was even more anti-climatic. The only thing I sort of had grips with was
In short, this season was too short. (T___T)

BEGINNER
Mar 28, 2010 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
Wow. This show just fell apart, didn't it? There was no direction in this last season, it was just angst, more angst and then angst at the end. Maybe the manga sucked too, I don't know, but this was just bad. 6/10.

All this drama just felt forced and unnecessary. Some authors should just grow some balls and properly end their stories.
Mar 28, 2010 4:40 PM

May 2009
Solid end to a great season and beautiful series. Grand finale it wasn't, but at the same time what actually transpired seemed rather fitting. I'll definitely miss Nodame, Chiaki, the music, and the huge supporting cast. I miss them already. Can't wait for the OVA.
Mar 28, 2010 4:53 PM

Jun 2009
more more more more... we want more of Nodame^^

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Mar 28, 2010 5:03 PM
Feb 2010
Rushed.
Mar 28, 2010 5:07 PM
May 2008
One thing I forgot to mention that really griped me was the lack of supporting characters from season one. None of them had any significant screen time since season one. I understand moving one, but the characters from season two got plenty of focus over the course of the last two seasons.

Oh well...
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 28, 2010 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
Could it be Nelo, that the ones in season one didn't get much focus after season 1 because they're mostly in Japan or studying abroad somewhere else? (Though of course Kuroki is a season one character)

Whereas the season 2 characters could carry over into season 3 since Nodame lived in the same room for both seasons.

Wait... that's not it, is it?
Mar 28, 2010 8:35 PM

Sep 2008
It was ok but they kinda focused on some characters way too much and hardly on Nodame and Chiaki...the ones I actually CARE about >.>
And her dream of being in the stage with Chiaki didn't happen :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 9:13 PM
Oct 2007
I'm going to contradict myself. So I despised the manga's ending. And oddly enough, the anime's ending is pretty much the same, but I REALLY LIKE this ending.

I think it's primarily thanks to the presentation/execution. When I read the last chapter of the manga, I felt the dot-dot-dot ending. But I'm not feeling the same thing here. The anime somehow gives Nodame and the relationship between Nodame and Chiaki closure. They are obviously together, but in the manga, it felt as if they had broken up. Here, the ending made me think that okay, they're together, they inspire one another, and they will continue to move forward TOGETHER, supporting one another, understanding, loving, and forgiving one another.

Perhaps it's my fault for not fully understanding the manga's ending. Maybe it was meant to have the same impact as the anime's. I'll have to go back and read the entire thing in one sitting or something. But for now, the anime's ending rocks.

9/10 for the love of Nodame-ness. Here's to anticipating the live action movies. Hiroshi Tamaki <3!
Mar 28, 2010 10:06 PM

Aug 2009
I haven't read the manga, but I'm sure I would prefer the anime over it (which isn't typical for me) because I am able to listen to the music (which I absolutely enjoyed ^^).

I think the anime's ending was just a little too open-ended for me...
This is why I think they are and will probably stay together (-possibly getting married in the future):
The hug after they play the Mozart Sonata together for the second time... Chiaki's never embraced Nodame that way when she jumps at him like that. I mean, he does really care about her. From the past episodes, he's actually done some meaningful things for her/to her.

With Nodame's comment as she's holding Chiaki overlooking the ocean: "It's not only Nodame and Chiaki-Sempai... The world is filled with it... It's like when a person realizes there is land on the other side of the ocean... They are drawn to cross it." To me, I took this as Nodame seeing Chiaki as land and she's just drawn to it/him and that the world is filled with people realizing it like them. (IMO)

And then the part where he says: ...Nothing has changed from before? He was concerned that things would never go back to how it was before ever since the proposal Nodame had made to him. So not changing anything between them was a good thing.

I checked out the last chapter of the manga and Stresemann says: "You understand each other... and have become one."

(Sorry it's so lengthy...)
Come and join us!

Mar 28, 2010 11:13 PM

Jun 2009
We shouldn't judge an anime from the ending itself but we should consider it from start to finish.. And in my opinion, nodame cantabile from all seasons is a masterfully piece of art!

a lot of people say that nodame has a crappy ending coz it doesn't have a closure but, you should ask yourself, does everything in life go to what you originally planned? I don't think so..
That's why, the ending so fits Nodame Cantabile both in manga and anime! It is disappointing, yes, because we want a happy ending.. but remember, it is a josei and slice-of-life kind.. it must be mature and realistic.. we see them both grow as a person and meet a lot of people that interact with them.. That's what life is! It wouldn't do great justice to make Nodame a shoujo-like ending.. a great book always end with our own imagination..

(In my opinion) hehe.. I still rate it 10/10... both the manga and all the anime.. I'm a nodame fan through and through! Cheers!
Mar 28, 2010 11:48 PM

Jun 2009
Nodame really want to be a Kindergarten teacher, the 1st part was really cute (4mins) after Chiaki ask Nodame to play together (Nodame changes mood again).

While playing together "mozart" piece it was really sweet, remembering Season 1 Ep 1.
falling in love? moment and the hug was S!W!E!E!T!

Everyone has a happy ending
Frank and Rui
Kuroki and Tanya
Yun long
the S-Orchestra cast

even though Chiaki and Nodame are still together, even though I feel that it was really over, I like the very ending Nodame playing again, Chiaki was there for her

There should be Nodame Cantabile Finale Special, Chiaki and Nodame in an orchestra together
ZinvyMar 28, 2010 11:57 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 28, 2010 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Haicel said:
a lot of people say that nodame has a crappy ending coz it doesn't have a closure but, you should ask yourself,

*does everything in life go to what you originally planned? I don't think so..
That was a very nice thought!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 29, 2010 12:27 AM

Nov 2008
Wat? That was the end? Took me a couple of seconds to realize that. Not satisfied but it was a good series.
Mar 29, 2010 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
Awww ... what kind of ending was that ><? I mean it wasn't bad ... but it wasn't spectacular either ... I was looking forward to a performance that would blow us away between Chiaki and Nodame to finish off this fantastic series and yet ... nothing. Oh well ... despite that it was a great series ^_^!
Mar 29, 2010 1:54 AM

Oct 2008
Meddigo said:
People are idiots.

Since I thought this ending was terrible not because it was open ended but because there was a lack of character development and a lack of literary focus, which the original series had, I guess that means I and everyone else who felt like they were back handed with this epic failure are idiots? Examples why I feel this series failed where already mentioned by others and completely ignored by your analysis. Such as the amount of different story arcs that were started that seemed to have had plenty of information for an entire episode of it's own. What it looks like to me is that the production company said we will pay for 11 episodes, make it work. So when they got to the end they had all these different story boards for different episode possibilities and they just said hey, lets give them all five minutes in the last episode. Chiaki meets his father for some closure in the manga? That's not important. What's important is that we rush this last episode as much as possible and be done with this series. Let's break down the subjects they addressed inadequately.

This last episode was more of a montage than a coherent episode. It was a failed attempt to finish a story that was undeveloped and under produced. If your eyes are tired from reading all this, then just think how exhausted I am for punishing myself with explaining why people who didn't like this ending or they way it was executed are not "Idiots", but simply not blind sheep that will accept every bad anime ending thrown at them for the sake of calling themselves a true fan.
Mar 29, 2010 8:37 AM
Aug 2008
Waouhh I can't believe it was the last episode of this serie...
I think that this season was better than the previous since we had a quick picture of the whole crew from Japan but for some reasons I can't exactly say that I'm satisfied with this season...

Arfff... I wanted to see more of Nodame...
The whole stuff about Rui kind of annoyed me and gives me the impression we were wasting time about her to the detriment of Nodame...

Orion1, thanks for your development, I was unable to put a finger on why exactly I was so disappointed. So many things were missing, but of course what could we expect from a 11 episodes season ?
ArckilianMar 29, 2010 8:46 AM
Mar 29, 2010 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
i'm somewhat disappointed... i liked this series, especially episodes nearing the end. i can't say i didn't like it, the end, but... it's left open, even the chiaki-nodame relationship. i wanted to see something there at least.
well, it's pretty good, but could be better... and, i'll miss it :-/
"Noooo, there's no way I, a mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, could possibly have Bankai!" ;)
Mar 29, 2010 11:31 AM

Apr 2009
soulelle said:
to me Nodame finished after Season 1. It was ended if not with a full stop, but with a bold semicolon at the very least. In contrast, Paris-hen and Finale didn't left even a half-transparent comma. Neither both of them provided that deep character interaction nor the music scenes were ever that touching and emotional as they were in the first season.
So, in my opinion, this was an epic fail, both as an episode and as a season. Another failure of Kon Chiaki as a director in the first case. To know that manga ends so abruptly and to go with the anime so straight-forward building all that tension in the previous chapter... This episode alone, and I guess the whole season, could really be so much better with another director.

And I strongly disagree about H&C had a bad ending! H&C2 closed pretty much everything and in a way better manner. Despite all characters' plots were left opened, the anime as a whole had a fantastic feeling of closure. And you can't tell the same about Nodame at all.

Well, anyway, it's probably also noitaminA who is to blame. If it was a single season of 24-26 episodes, rather than two seasons of 11 episodes, things could've turned out way better. One eppy here and there and lots could be depicted way more appropriate. I also think it was a bad idea to name it "Finale", especially since the manga continues with Opera-hen.

So, 2/5 for the episode; 7/10 for this season and 6/10 for Paris-hen. And still 10/10 for the first season. Looking forward to the OVA.
That's a good point of view. If it ended with th first it would've been much better, although no going abroad would have been very bad.

As for H&C I think it's a grand ending, basically it says; you don't always get a happy ending but that's life get over it or die. That's my interpretation anyways lol
Mar 29, 2010 1:05 PM

Feb 2009
And so it finally ends. I've been dreading an end, I love this series too much and it really doesn't help that the ending was that anti-climatic. ;_;
Mar 29, 2010 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
Jacut said:
even leaving room for a sequel if need be.

GAH!! RAGE!!
This is the reason why!!!!!!! I DISLIKED (not hated) this episode.

If you're going to do something, do it right, don't be half-ass about it (this is my motto).

You know why I love Clannad? Because the ending rocked. It left no room for errors. It was like BAM this is the ending and that's all you will EVER get!

I don't need any oh but but what if.. but... what if....but, but..
Mar 29, 2010 3:17 PM

Sep 2009
What it really reminded me a lot of is the kind of ending you get when an anime that's based on an ongoing manga runs out of chapters to cover. Everything goes great up until the last one or two episodes, then it's a rush to get to some sort of conclusion, and then you're supposed to go read to see how it really ends. Except this is how the manga plays out too.

I didn't have any issue with the general way they ended it. Nodame and Chiaki seemed to be ok, she's going to keep performing, etc. and if the rest of this series had been like Paris (which I don't harbor the same resentment for as everyone else seems to) that would have been fine. But this season was shaping up to be my favorite until it just dropped whatever tension and emotion that it had been building up in the last few episodes.

Orion1 said:
This last episode was more of a montage than a coherent episode.
Mar 29, 2010 5:19 PM

Mar 2008
Orion1 said:
This last episode was more of a montage than a coherent episode. It was a failed attempt to finish a story that was undeveloped and under produced. If your eyes are tired from reading all this, then just think how exhausted I am for punishing myself with explaining why people who didn't like this ending or they way it was executed are not "Idiots", but simply not blind sheep that will accept every bad anime ending thrown at them for the sake of calling themselves a true fan.

Orion1 for the president! Seriously! I wish I could express my feelings, thoughts, and emotions at least half that good... THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU for bringing it on!
As a friend of mine said about the last two seasons of Nodame:
"go study, i do, mykyaa, i do study, competition, go study, i do, i'm doing my best, good - go for it, mukya, go study, i do study, keep on, i do, wow, gyaabo, go study, don't wanna, go study, i do, everyone should have a dream, everyone ended up good. Fin."
it might be funny to read... but that's really the impression I've been left after watching the Paris-Finale.

Xzaxs said:

As for H&C I think it's a grand ending, basically it says; you don't always get a happy ending but that's life get over it or die. That's my interpretation anyways lol

but a great interpretation indeed! I mean, despite I sensed there wouldn't be a happy ending in H&C, I still kept my hopes for that. And of course was in a sense disappointed at the end. But it was THE END. It was real, it was bitter, it was sad, it was wise, it was open, it was mature - it really WAS THE END.

And I kinda wished the same for Nodame. It's not the wedding, neither the duet concerto, nor anything similar I was looking for in the episode. I was waiting for THE END. And I didn't get one. Simply because the whole season was not set up and depicted properly for an ending.
Mar 30, 2010 12:24 AM

Mar 2007
OMG .... what happened here???

I guess I was supposed to expect this since (1) they said it was only 11 episodes which means character development and plot are going to be super compressed, aka suck (2) they said the manga didn't have a good ending - aka suck.

Still, the wonderful way they animated Episodes 9 and the cliffhanger at Episode 10* made me cast my doubts aside, at the "WHAT!!??" (Chiaki's decision) ending of episode 10 I was ready to rate this series a 10. And then came episode 11.

I don't even know what to say except instead of Nodame Cantabile Finale they should have named this series Nodame Cantabile's version of Franz Schubert's Symphony No 8, aka "The Unfinished Symphony Anime".

The way the ending played out it was like the powers that be went to the mangaka and said "Hey, we only have 20 minutes to tie everything up, so give us 1 sentence on all the minor characters, and 1 paragraph to tie up the main relationship". I don't mind ambiguous endings, but there was NO CLOSURE!

Part of what made the original Nodame Cantabile special was the relationship, the first arc ended with a hug which was ok. The second arc ended with resolution, that was ok too. Then they leave the 2 biggest threads hanging in the "supposed" Finale, namely

I swear, I'm so mad right now. Nodame has never been the kind of person to shy away from conflict and all episode 11 is about is Nodame running away from making any kind of relationship decision about Chiaki. Chiaki himself has always been honest and loyal (even when it hurt Nodame) so him suddely turning non-confrontational feels like he changed into a different person.

So, no closure, and it begs for a sequel just to make the "finale" part of the title true. This is almost as bad as splitting up Kill Bill or the last Harry Potter into 2 movies just to get more money. But hey at least those had decent endings. Except if they do just 1 ova and they STILL don't finish things I'm going to be even more mad.

This series had the potential to be great. Because of following the lousy manga ending it is now only ok. If you want to know what a truly satisfying and semi-open ended Ending is, please watch the whole Aria Series, and Aria the Origination. Because there is a way to get perfection. Sadly, Finale was not it.
Mar 30, 2010 5:15 AM
Mar 2010
awww..its hard to accept the fact that its finished :((
but i just noticed something..

the anime kinda skipped a part in the manga..
the part where chiaki had a heart to heart talk with his dad..
and i was really looking forward to that part too.. :((

if i remember correctly..that was the part where chiaki asked himself since when was nodame became an important part of his life....
Mar 31, 2010 9:58 AM

Dec 2007
>.<; Makes me wanna read more Opera-Hen. I need some more Nodame. x3

I thought the ending was cute despite it being open-ended. =p I wish there was more though, I love the characters...especially Nodame and mr. french okatu. x3
Mar 31, 2010 10:21 AM

Aug 2007
Onion Festival was hilarious. Well, to me it was pretty much clear that the two end up together. Also, remember what happened when they went to the same spot at the end of season two? No way you can't call this an ending. After all, Chiaki did say he'd accept the proposal. It could be that he'll talk with her about the proposal when she finishes the concerto. It sticked close to the manga and that's a good thing, but I did hoped they'd add a bit more. Ah well. This is what we get for now. On to Opera-Hen!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 31, 2010 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
Decent ending, nothing more nothing less. Expected so much more though. I hate that we don't get true confirmation that they got together or are just living on as friends, it's all a bit to vague for my tastes. All in all it was still a decent season and if it did anything is that it left me hungry for more. Can't wait to see Opera-Hen animated.

Gets a 9/10 from me, would have been 10 if not for the ending.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 1, 2010 12:54 PM
Oct 2009
i can't believe it's over i just started with it 5 days ago and i just completed this season today ..! no more gyapos ..! *faints* i feel like crying

:|
Apr 1, 2010 5:14 PM
Mar 2008
T_T
I WANT MORE NODAME ;O;
and WHERE WAS MY MARRIAGE!??! T____T

Oh well, I loved it nonetheless :)
Apr 1, 2010 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
It was a fitting ending. Enjoyed its balanced themes of music, romance, and comedy. 9/10

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

113 by bucciest »»
Jan 9, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 12, 2010

81 by Preachee »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.