Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 23, 2010 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
Im still not convinced, needs to improve further IMO.

Jan 23, 2010 1:17 PM

Jan 2009
SpudUK said:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 23, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
BitchMaster said:
Worth what? No offence but it's not like the manga is any better either....

I think you are being a bit harsh. I admit that the manga is not a masterpiece but compared to some of the crap I have read it's definitely above average.

AidanAK47Jan 23, 2010 4:56 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 23, 2010 6:40 PM

Nov 2007
Mina seems so downgraded in the anime as compared to the manga.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 23, 2010 11:22 PM

Apr 2008
Vizard said:

She doesn't just seem downgraded. She IS downgraded OTL
Jan 24, 2010 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Vizard said:
Still, there hasn't really been anything where she has to do anything .... Right... Second episode >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 24, 2010 5:44 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Darklight0303 said:
Vizard said:
Still, there hasn't really been anything where she has to do anything .... Right... Second episode >.>
Mina looks to be made into something bad to be evolved but from the looks of it she was never bad but always better from what people say. This is all probably for character evolve....guess it's failure here.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 24, 2010 5:47 AM

Jan 2009
Know what francis? Your statements are tempting material to counter with spoilers. (・3・ア
Jan 24, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Know what francis? Your statements are tempting material to counter with spoilers. (・3・ア
Spoiler away on my profile then but seriously logically it's what people imply that I try to deduct from.

Jan 24, 2010 7:23 AM

Sep 2009
Well... I really liked the way that the scenes are made, camera cuts and close-ups... but I agree: the history still is so confused...
Jan 24, 2010 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
WOW!
Can't believe I enjoyed it! I was planning to drop this if this episode also sucked, but I really liked it.
Jan 24, 2010 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
WOW!
Can't believe I enjoyed it! I was planning to drop this if this episode also sucked, but I really liked it.
Well this is where we're starting to get things that makes some kinda sense at least : 3
Jan 24, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
It's 'FINALLY' getting something... the first 2 episodes were totally useless. Damn SHAFT, I feel like watching Moon Phrase right now.

Disturbing OP as usual. I'm ok with loli attraction or bunch of flower snapshots, but that dancing since is way off. Though, art direction was beautiful indeed for the most of scene.

Mixing mina politics scene and Akira run away was clever, as expected from SHAFT.

Though, I need more... this is too generic.
Jan 24, 2010 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
Too bad Shizuka Itou is voicing a secondary character that won't have much appearances :/
Jan 24, 2010 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
i think its nice how they weaved the school thing into the story, i just hope the school stuff doesn't turn out to be the focus of things from here on. i haven't read but maybe a chapter of the manga so i dont know how horrible of a job they are doing in adapting it but for what i'm seeing, i can't really complain about anything. this will be a show (at least for now) that i look forward to every week.
Jan 24, 2010 9:00 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Reviewed it here.

Did anyone get the impression that Mina sent those guys to kidnap Nanami?
Jan 25, 2010 12:19 AM

Oct 2009
SirensRequiem said:
Reviewed it here.

Yeah me but it looks to be those guys just want more of them to get Mina....got note of some conspiracy going on to take the throne. Looks like it.

Jan 25, 2010 3:52 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
SirensRequiem said:
Reviewed it here.

Yeah me but it looks to be those guys just want more of them to get Mina....got note of some conspiracy going on to take the throne. Looks like it.

Pretty much, you'll see later ;]
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 25, 2010 7:48 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
If I really want to spoil stuff to people, does that make me evil? xD

Don't worry, me too ;]
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 25, 2010 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Jumperboy333 said:
Sooo.... To be honest, I didn't think I'd like this. XD I hated Bakemonogatari, the first anime I watched by SHAFT. So when I heard this was done by SHAFT, everyone was like OMG YAAAY, I was like Omg, nooo. ;___;
I generally enjoy Shaft works so I was excited when I found out the show combine both Shaft and vampires....
but I'm not really enjoying the show. Its okay, but I find everything pretty uninteresting so far. Still waiting for it to get better -_-"
Oh and btw, Bakemonogatari is the best SHAFT anime there is, and I don't care if people say "But Zetsubou Sensei ..!", because I haven't seen it : D (And it wouldn't be more epic than Bakemonogatari anyway, because there's no Senjougahara there)

Bringing it back to this topic... I was rather thrilled hearing that SHAFT were behind this one, though as soon as I heard they were going to pull an "anime original", my hopes were more or less drowned : <

P.S. in case there are angry mods around, looks I shortened it down with a spoilertag ^^;

Is the manga that good?
And it's pretty nice to have an original story, right? I mean, if they'd just animate what you've already read, then it'd be kinda boring. XD Now you're getting a whole new story! :D
Jan 25, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Jumperboy333 said:
Sooo.... To be honest, I didn't think I'd like this. XD I hated Bakemonogatari, the first anime I watched by SHAFT. So when I heard this was done by SHAFT, everyone was like OMG YAAAY, I was like Omg, nooo. ;___;
I generally enjoy Shaft works so I was excited when I found out the show combine both Shaft and vampires....
but I'm not really enjoying the show. Its okay, but I find everything pretty uninteresting so far. Still waiting for it to get better -_-"
Oh and btw, Bakemonogatari is the best SHAFT anime there is, and I don't care if people say "But Zetsubou Sensei ..!", because I haven't seen it : D (And it wouldn't be more epic than Bakemonogatari anyway, because there's no Senjougahara there)

Bringing it back to this topic... I was rather thrilled hearing that SHAFT were behind this one, though as soon as I heard they were going to pull an "anime original", my hopes were more or less drowned : <

P.S. in case there are angry mods around, looks I shortened it down with a spoilertag ^^;
Is the manga that good?
And it's pretty nice to have an original story, right? I mean, if they'd just animate what you've already read, then it'd be kinda boring. XD Now you're getting a whole new story! :D
I don't want a whole new story D: I want the manga animated xD Because yes, it's good. It's great even xD
Jan 25, 2010 2:46 PM

Dec 2008
Im kind of intimidating by Mina....or maybe jealous of her...I mean she looks like she under 10, yet she could find a guy like Akira (0_0)....eh...there's no hope for me is there? -_-....grrrr.>.<..oh well I'll always have anime right. ^__^
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 25, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
Oh francis, this was... This is just too much xD...

OrochiPL said:
This is crazy, don't u guys think?
Yes.

Anyway, manga into anime, no it's not boring, as long as the manga behind it is awesome.
Bakemonogatari is also awesome.
Other stuffs by SHAFT? Bakemonogatari, really, just that takes SHAFT to the skies ^^

Lastly, don't underestimate Mina's plans, she's not just any vampire after all~
Jan 25, 2010 5:00 PM

Nov 2007
Deleted quote chain and idiocy. Those involved will be banned the next time it happens. No further warnings.
Jan 26, 2010 12:54 AM

Nov 2008
saxophone15 said:
I think the show is starting to progress in a positive way...at least from the perspective of someone who hasn't read the manga. This show keeps me interested, and that's enough reason to watch for me.

I'm starting to see hints of a harem...

Sadly for me , I am a fan of the manga , as I rather find it to have a firm plot with less.. cliche characters.

I am simply trying to accept this as an Alternative Universe of the original Bund - I will make sure to give it another 2 episodes before I consider dropping it - But to me this is as I said Anime Only Alt Uni~ That way I can look at it not as the anime but as its own separate thing.. but *shrug* To say I have been disappointed would be accurate.
Jan 26, 2010 6:46 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:

Anyway, manga into anime, no it's not boring, as long as the manga behind it is awesome.

This is true. In fact the best anime adaptions are usually the ones that follow the manga loyally.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 26, 2010 7:45 AM

Jan 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
This is true. In fact the best anime adaptions are usually the ones that follow the manga loyally.
Like uuhh.. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, that's one heck of an anime : D And know what? It follows the manga, that's why it was made : p
Jan 26, 2010 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
Mhh after ep 3 the story so far is still unclear and all female characters in the show are scary

another question
Why is the animation quality so weird?
first I thought the raw quality was bad ,but It looks like an old VHS Video XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2010 9:13 AM

May 2008
Not quite so bad as the last episode, I suppose.
I'm still sick of his non-canon amnesia, though.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 26, 2010 1:23 PM

May 2009
Hmm. . . interesting. . . though I hope they don't do too much involving the school too much longer = o=
Jan 26, 2010 10:53 PM

Feb 2009
So far I love it, minus the first episode! I've never read the manga though, however i think i will start! I really like mina
Jan 27, 2010 2:23 PM

Feb 2008
i liked the fact i haven't read the manga. even if i had, i might have found it refreshing to see the story in a different way. maybe they will make an alternate version that follows the manga. who knows.
Jan 27, 2010 8:31 PM

Apr 2009
I really dont like Mina..

Im also sensing a Harem.
Jan 27, 2010 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
Shancakeschan said:
Im also sensing a Harem.
I lol'd
If anything,

┐(-。ー')┌
Jan 28, 2010 2:58 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Shancakeschan said:
Im also sensing a Harem.
I lol'd
If anything,

┐(-。ー')┌
I disagree. With that vampire girl with the candy +Yuki + Mina it might be include also the maids.

Jan 28, 2010 4:35 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Shancakeschan said:
Im also sensing a Harem.
I lol'd
If anything,

┐(-。ー')┌
I disagree. With that vampire girl with the candy +Yuki + Mina it might be include also the maids.

Wait, harem in DitVB? No way! But if i think about it, they already changed ~76% of manga story so they could even go with harem in anime...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 28, 2010 5:33 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Shancakeschan said:
Im also sensing a Harem.
I lol'd
If anything,

┐(-。ー')┌
Wait, harem in DitVB? No way! But if i think about it, they already changed ~76% of manga story so they could even go with harem in anime...
Oh and francis, I didn't ask for opinions, I stated the truth.
Still, as Orochi says.. Since they've changed so much from the original, it wouldn't really be surprising =.='
Oh well, manga > anime
Feb 6, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
Neeri, Neera, Nero. lmao
btw. mina is irritating
Feb 7, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
Not bad I suppose. I'll give it more time. I understand that she's much older than she appears. But I'd appreciate it if they kept the loli parts out of my face a bit more.

& was she raeped or just sucked to death? I'm going with sucked to death.
Feb 16, 2010 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
I am little confusing, so I hope they start to reveal some plot before I get more confusing. Besides this one, that was good episode and I enjoyed it so far.
Mar 30, 2010 10:22 PM

May 2009
well that really did remind me of Code Geass when everyone is after Lelouch but anyway the episode was okay, we get to see a little bit more of his memories and wierd ending o.O
Jul 12, 2010 11:05 AM
Apr 2010
WOW..What the hell is with all the skirt shots..I mean if you wanna show some panties show some frickin panties! frickin wanna be ecchi piece of #$@

And to bd for the girl at the end she got gangbanged..

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 12, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
Lol I'm starting to like this. Mina Tepes is such a beautiful person. Well I'm not a pedophile or anything but she is a vampire so she's older than anyone of us. I wonder why she likes Akira so much. Are they like lovers when they were young or something?

Okay so the president of the council got raped by unknown creatures in school, lmfao. Also, it seems to be that Yuki knows something about Akira's past. I bet Yuki's going to be like the slayer of the werewolves and vampires, lol.
Sep 11, 2010 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
belatkuro said:
how did they get those posters of Akira? so fast...i mean they're everywhere...even in hard to reach places (15:00)

Now you mention it xD
Oct 6, 2010 12:42 AM
Feb 2008
Moonfrost said:

Okay so the president of the council got raped by unknown creatures in school, lmfao. Also, it seems to be that Yuki knows something about Akira's past. I bet Yuki's going to be like the slayer of the werewolves and vampires, lol.

Yeah that rape/death scene was weird. And considering how many cliches they dropped on us (Mina going to school. The "X use THAT" phrase, the everyone go after MC plot device, It can't be helped (think they said that twice) and of course super powerful student council) I would not be surpirsed.
thatguyOct 6, 2010 12:47 AM
Oct 25, 2010 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
Mina was so cute when Akira tease her. XD
Nov 17, 2010 10:38 AM

Feb 2010
ok.. better episode than the last one.

still have no idea what to make of this....
Nov 23, 2010 1:15 PM
Jan 2010
Moonfrost said:
Lol I'm starting to like this. Mina Tepes is such a beautiful person. Well I'm not a pedophile or anything but she is a vampire so she's older than anyone of us.

That's just an excuse and you know it.

But seriously, why does akira's phone have a background of him with lolis in bed in it?
Aug 1, 2011 6:45 PM

Mar 2009
It was okay... the ending was kinda nice.
Sep 2, 2011 12:37 AM

Jul 2010
saxophone15 said:
I think the show is starting to progress in a positive way...at least from the perspective of someone who hasn't read the manga. This show keeps me interested, and that's enough reason to watch for me.

I'm starting to see hints of a harem...

you basically wrote everything i felt. couldn't have said it better myself, lol

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.