Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2010 9:54 AM

Oct 2009
Hm ... bit too borderline for me but ill carry on anyway as it doesnt seem like its going to be a long anime... maybe 12-13 eps?
Might become better later on?!? ...maybe
Jan 6, 2010 10:34 AM

Nov 2007
First episode was pretty neat and the backgrounds were really lifelike. I did enjoy it for the full 24 minutes although nothing particularly interesting happened.

Still, I'm having a major gut feeling that shit will hit the fan in couple episodes.

And I'm still gonna watch them eating damn cake for 5 seasons and hate myself for it because I'm whore of the industry.
Jan 6, 2010 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
Orangevision said:

And I'm still gonna watch them eating damn cake for 5 seasons because I'm whore of the industry.
you arent the only one :3
Jan 6, 2010 11:06 AM

Jan 2009
Though this doesn't come as any big surprise, but still, woah this is giving off K-on!-vibes ( ¯‿¯) I wonder why ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
But wasn't Kanata supposed to say that stuff about wanting to learn about music to some seargent or something in a car after getting off the train? ٩(๏_๏)۶ Ah right, that's the manga, anime and manga can't always be the same, right? ┐('~`;)┌
And what's up with the motorbike-guy going all nice and slow on the way back? ( ̄ー ̄)
Mio Rio~ ( ´・‿-)~ Well she's less timid than Mio was ʘ‿ʘ
Now .. That's one strange festival, ain't it? (‐^▽^‐)
Azu-nyan? Kureha ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Harrharrharrr
Wat
And the legend is also somewhat different from the manga version ಠ_ಠ
Also (more comparison to the first manga-chapter), Kanata's jump wasn't as impressive from that viewpoint, looked alot cooler from the side compared to from up front ┐(-。ー')┌
Though Kanata's worthless at blowing the trumpet ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃

Well anyway, there's some pretty artwork at least ( ¯‿¯)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 6, 2010 11:10 AM
Jan 2009
This has potential, but i can't make much out of the first episode................. that being said i hope this delves more into the story direction rather than just being some weird K-On alternate universe
Jan 6, 2010 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
Guess it was okay. Dunno what to expect though.
Jan 6, 2010 12:09 PM

Jan 2010
I think it was a pretty good episode, and I'll not make any predictions about the plot or the "moe moe factor". It's only the first ep.
But I liked the mixture of cultures. I mean... Spanish, French, Japanese, German.. all in one anime? That looks good.
Jan 6, 2010 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
a little different from what I was expecting....but I still enjoyed it

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/so-ra-no-wo-to-01-trumpetah/
my post on....late as always
Jan 6, 2010 2:34 PM

Feb 2009
Guitars and moe, now trumpets and moe, what's next? The next episode better have alot more to offer than this.

Jan 6, 2010 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
Well, considering I am a sucker for the character design of K-On! when it comes to moeblob designs, this looks rather interesting to the eye. If the plot actually develops past girls playing trumpets, I would be happily surprised and very inclined to giving this a high rating.

Also, due to my love for slice-of-life, if it ends up being episodic or slow paced, then I'm totally cool with that, too.
-
Jan 6, 2010 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
When i first saw Mio Rio... whatever. Anyway i enjoyed 1st ep. Well it got potential but for me it is just too k-on alike.
Will i watch it? sure another *fuwa fuwa time* anime just to enjoy

amadiloJan 6, 2010 3:27 PM
Jan 6, 2010 3:32 PM

Jun 2009
I can't even say how comparing this to K-on or saying it's a 'k-on 1.5' pisses me off.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 6, 2010 4:56 PM

Feb 2008
I like the opening song very much, and still looking forward the next episode, quite interesting what is going next.
Of course we knew this will be something in music since the character design is very similiar to K-ON

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 6, 2010 5:36 PM

May 2009
falkenn said:
liamoflegends said:
peroxid said:
dropped at 12 min... i mean this couldn't be anymore cliche that it is. just a waste of time imo

You could survive 12? I barely got past the 10 mark

Dropped dis shizzle

What's the matter, too good for you?

This episode had everything, amazing background, nice and original setting, the discovery of an other country, traditions and customs, loveable characters (except that twin-tailed brat who seems annoying as hell), a lot of mysteries, intriguing characters, a very nice ending proving that the music isn't just an excuse but is part of the story itself.

This has nothing to do with K-ON.

This episiode had everything, enjoy your bad tastes bro.

I lol'd at your comment.

like your saying that people who don't like this have bad taste? XD
Jan 6, 2010 6:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
peroxid said:
falkenn said:
liamoflegends said:
peroxid said:
dropped at 12 min... i mean this couldn't be anymore cliche that it is. just a waste of time imo

You could survive 12? I barely got past the 10 mark

Dropped dis shizzle

What's the matter, too good for you?

This episode had everything, amazing background, nice and original setting, the discovery of an other country, traditions and customs, loveable characters (except that twin-tailed brat who seems annoying as hell), a lot of mysteries, intriguing characters, a very nice ending proving that the music isn't just an excuse but is part of the story itself.

This has nothing to do with K-ON.

This episiode had everything, enjoy your bad tastes bro.

I lol'd at your comment.

like your saying that people who don't like this have bad taste? XD

No, but my usual policy is to watch at least 2-3 episodes before deciding to drop anything.

Obviously this anime is NOT for everyone. And I have to admit that it has NOTHING to do with K-ON in terms of settings and overall mood.

Satisfying first episode so far. Amazing background art, amazing soundtrack (kalafina OP, French insert song) The mood reminds me of Haibane Renmei + Aria, with a highly European tone. The overshadowing of war is also pretty visible.

The pace is like that of an anime movie. But unfortunately, this is not for everyone's taste. Drop it as you like. You watch what you like.

And if this series progresses in the right direction, it won't be even the same genre as K-ON. I just do not understand how people are saying this is K-ON 2.0? Are their eyes so blinded by the hatred of K-ON that they are watching this with tinted glasses?
wakka9caJan 6, 2010 6:04 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 6, 2010 6:07 PM
Oct 2007
11 pages, yeah, screw it, I'm not reading through all that.

Other than character design and maybe the music aspect of it, I think SoRa resembles Aria more than K-ON! and there is definitely hint of plot here. The legend will play a huge part and Kanata's past seems questionable too. The "encounter" thing is very Aria-esque. The soundtrack sounds like it will be amazing. Hence, I think SoRa has potential and shouldn't be labeled as a moe-blob only show just yet. I look forward to the 2nd episode.

Also, Rio should have been born male. =3
Jan 6, 2010 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
Yay for Brass! I've been waiting for something like this. Besides Nodame Cantabile, there aren't many symphonic or classical instruments in anime. I'm really excited to see where this goes. Although personally I'm still gonna hold out for a girl tuba player (maybe it's cuz I play the tuba and I'd like to see sum luvin for my big baby). I also like the mix of different cultural styles. It makes it seem like another world yet not too far from belief. Also love the Fire Maiden legend. That's probably one of the most original legends I've ever seen created for an anime. If this series continues well then it just might crack my top 10. I'm lovin it so far and I can't wait for the next one!
Jan 6, 2010 6:31 PM

Sep 2009
And another thing. Did anyone notice that she was a bugle player for some french guys and they praised her? They probably had to retreat a lot. OOOO! zing! nah, jkjk. Just couldn't resist bringing that up
Jan 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Nov 2007
I'm glad this is not like K-on!
Even though I like K-on!, this has a much better feel IMO
Jan 6, 2010 10:54 PM

Jan 2009
Chieki said:
I'm glad this is not like K-on!
Even though I like K-on!, this has a much better feel IMO
Well, this is technically about war (Or actually about a regiment, but they're connected to war, right?) so of course it has a much better feel : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 6, 2010 11:21 PM

Dec 2009
I actually liked this episode. When I heard heard about the show I instantly thought "K-ON ripoff", but when I saw the opening I was like "lovely <3". So I decided to watch it.
And heck, it's nice. Sweet animations, nice storytelling, nice music, interesting because of the war-setting... this could be someting if it continues the same way as the first episode was.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 6, 2010 11:34 PM
Jul 2008
I loved it. It was really good start. As people before said, it really has more of a Haibane Renmei feel to it. In other words, really dark undertone. I dont see K-ON clone as people here said. Quite opposite in fact.

Music was the best part. I loved that one with french lyrics.
Jan 6, 2010 11:46 PM
Jul 2009
Recognised the drawing the first moment i saw it. The opening, makes the show pretty boring. But somehow, thanks to the character the bought back the life of the story. Rio especially.
Kanata is very similiar to YUI...in a way.

It's worth to catch up with this anime...at least the quality was decent as well.
Jan 7, 2010 12:27 AM

Dec 2007
wow... slow pace, emphasis on the setting, and natural characters

yep this is the kind of show i like.

and for those you who hate this show because of the K-ON appearance... go hang yourself, the world could use less closed-minded biggots like you. Now if you watched the episode and still don't like it, than that's fine.
Jan 7, 2010 12:39 AM

Sep 2007
anime is srs biz
Jan 7, 2010 12:44 AM
Apr 2009
I watched the episode and still don't like it. Twenty minutes felt like an hour.
Jan 7, 2010 1:01 AM

Dec 2007
I'm just saying blaming (or praising) a show because it looks like another show is just mindbogglingly stupid.
Jan 7, 2010 1:15 AM

Feb 2008
People are comparing this to Aria? God damn it, I have to watch this now.
Jan 7, 2010 1:54 AM

Dec 2009
I decided to choose this as my first anime of 2010 seeing as I haven't watched much of any new anime and that Durarara has yet to be subbed.

I don't really know what to expect from this really although I love the music I've heard so far.

I'm not liking much of Kanata since although dedicated for retrieving the necklace, she seems to just wander around and forget what she's really supposed to do(which doesn't help that she's a soldier or trumpeteer or whatever. Maybe I'm being pretty judgmental xP).

The pacing seems to be slow(from what I may be used to perhaps) but I'll give this a few more episodes since you wouldn't usually tend to be hooked on by the first episode. (Pandora Hearts being a good example. Interesting but not hooked on until a few chapters later.)

One thing I liked was the pleasing-to-the-eyes backgrounds and history of Seize (that's the town right?). The whole Fire Maidens legend and the scene with the Winged Demon's bones makes you think and wonder a little. Also, the scene with young Kanata and the other trumpeteer is something to be curious about as well.

The episode wasn't a waste of my time but I can't really say it was a great way to spend 20 min. But I'll hold my criticism and await the next episodes to decide on my definite impressions of this.
Jan 7, 2010 2:02 AM
Jul 2009
Though it is boring at certain point, i just love the character designer. CAn;t help it...

ISn;t it the same like watching sokyuu no fafner just becos the the original character designer is for Gundam seed? blah...
Jan 7, 2010 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
Sora No Woto got crunchyrolled. So, gg dropped it.

WHY D:
Jan 7, 2010 2:18 AM

Feb 2008
Goo4 said:
Sora No Woto got crunchyrolled. So, gg dropped it.

WHY D:

Relax. I've seen that Yuurisan-Subs & m.3.3.w are still planning to sub it (m.3.3.w who has a far better track record than gg). So don't sweat it if gg feels like trolling like their usual selves. Until I see that it has been crunchyrolled for a fact, I'm not buying anything the boys at gg are saying.
Jan 7, 2010 2:34 AM
Jul 2009
Instead of watching online, just dwnload them in mp4 format. Mostly only 50mb plus...not that big right.
Jan 7, 2010 5:33 AM

Jan 2009
VEE said:
Instead of watching online, just dwnload them in mp4 format. Mostly only 50mb plus...not that big right.
mp4 sucks though D:
Oh well, guess I shouldn't say anything, since I down everything I watch anyway ^^;
Edit: Right, the quality of streamed crap ought to be even worse ^^
Jan 7, 2010 5:43 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
anime is srs biz
because it needs srs money to make more.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 7, 2010 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
Okay, watched it last night.
I can see the similarity of this with K-ON! of how the characters have been drawn but beyond that the similarities end. Like a few have stated, I'll give it a couple more episodes before I decided whether to continue or drop.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 7, 2010 8:16 AM

May 2009
Yuuichirou said:
No... I drop this shit right now.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, thanks for watching.

But seriously, one thing I don't get, at every board, literally EVERY board, first 2 - 4 pages will be filled with haters, then the likers and lovers will come up somewhere around page 2 - 6.

Aside from this, I still stand firm in my belief that some people make me do double facepalms. This is so similar to what Lucky Star endured for example, they're complaining about a rat who has a short tail when they actually only like rats with long tails. (complaining about lack of plot, but even then it's just episode 1 and they're already HINTING on a plot, whaddya think, much better than Lucky Star or K-ON! now?)

And the extreme prejudice displayed is even worse. It's just the FIRST episode. This is not Lelouch that has something happening right at the get go, this is not 11eyes that has everything going on at the same time. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun would probably be called plotless in those standards since virtually NOTHING related to plotlines happened (instead it's an introduction phase to all 4 characters)

Besides, gimme a break. So now, the animation team of K-ON! will forever be condemned as moe-makers? Baseless debate is baseless. Characters are typical I agree and they can be somewhat gruesome when you had too much but even then, have we explored an inch of anyone aside from Rio and Kanata? We can easily guess their personality I agree but... I don't know, you know, brilliant dramatic stories like Clannad or stuff like that, I think they've got that thing... uh.. what was it again? Oh yeah character development.

And really though, Is it that moe-oriented? I truly couldn't see much moe unlike K-ON! right at the first episode. Rio had never had the impression of making me say she's moe so far. Her appearances have been highly un-moe-like to me. A tougher Mio if you'd ask me, doesn't look the type to become shy like Mio does.
reb3llistJan 7, 2010 8:22 AM
Jan 7, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
It seems like SoraNoWoto is going to lay more focus on the music compare to what K-On did. That's why I love SoranoWoto more than K-On.
Jan 7, 2010 9:13 AM

Jan 2009
huznme said:
It seems like SoraNoWoto is going to lay more focus on the music compare to what K-On did. That's why I love SoranoWoto more than K-On.
Already after 1 episode? : O
>: D
Jan 7, 2010 9:19 AM

May 2009

Finally some decent post in this board... As you said, this anime is not for everyone. And in the first 12 min i realised that this anime is not for me. All i said originally was in my opinion. And btw i didn't drop it for its slow pace (and i don't really think that its slow, slow is something like angel's egg), I drop it because i didn't the moe characters and the concept of the story. I don't hate the anime, it's just not suited for me. After all when i decided to watch this first episode my expectation was pretty low already, but i decided to take a look because of the art. But well i din't like the characters, didnt find it funny at all and the story that i partially know from the summary doesn't interest me.

and if its similar to k-on, i dont know cuz i didnt watch k-on...
Jan 7, 2010 9:20 AM

Apr 2009
I wished that I could stop saying that this is K-On! in an alternative universe, but it does have similarities (ongaku).
The blondie reminds me a lot of Mugi!

I hope this show gets better. I wasn't that impressed with this ep.
However, I do like the visuals and the setting.
Jan 7, 2010 9:35 AM

May 2009
peroxid said:

Finally some decent post in this board... As you said, this anime is not for everyone. And in the first 12 min i realised that this anime is not for me. All i said originally was in my opinion. And btw i didn't drop it for its slow pace (and i don't really think that its slow, slow is something like angel's egg), I drop it because i didn't the moe characters and the concept of the story. I don't hate the anime, it's just not suited for me. After all when i decided to watch this first episode my expectation was pretty low already, but i decided to take a look because of the art. But well i din't like the characters, didnt find it funny at all and the story that i partially know from the summary doesn't interest me.

and if its similar to k-on, i dont know cuz i didnt watch k-on...

I actually never found it funny. I guess it's because I really have a pretty weird sense of humour >_> And besides, I NEVER trust story summaries that well. I've seen so many story summaries that never interested me yet the anime delved into bigger things, either satisfying me in the sense of a good plot or another.

So I'd say dropping it in 12 minutes is not that good of an idea. I've watched stuff that I wanted to drop at ep1 and end result was I got a great/good/decent/bad anime. It depends really, so I'll have to agree wakka9ca.

Oh and aside from that, I'm perfectly fine if this anime is not for you but I guess this is just me stating my beliefs because of first-hand experience, however I sense that the overall feel of the series would stay similar to the one felt at ep1 but given the settings and very ambigous (htf do you spell that) stuff, I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a plot twist (I feel weird for writing 'plot twist' in here), or rather a development of a story.

I'd say it would go the route of the intro-intro-arc1-arc1-arc1-filler-arc2-arc2-arc2-filler type of shows rather than intro-arc1-arc1-arc1-arc1-break-arc1
reb3llistJan 7, 2010 9:39 AM
Jan 7, 2010 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
It reminds me so much of K-ON that I'll probably drop it. /flame me
Jan 7, 2010 11:00 AM

Mar 2008
I just watched the first ep.
The animation is beautiful and the views of the entire city.
But for now, I do not quite understand what was going on. Some kind of war but this festival. There I saw a little Japanese accent did not quite fit into a European city ... But I saw a tank, so maybe it will be some fight.
I am waiting for the second ep I see how it develops. Forward march^^ Yeah it's good

Jan 7, 2010 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
I can't believe they call this shit anime. Moe is destroying the anime industry and if you think the same feel free to join The Moe and Loli Haters Club!
Jan 7, 2010 12:04 PM

Mar 2009
Sorrow667 said:
I can't believe they call this shit anime. Moe is destroying the anime industry and if you think the same feel free to join The Moe and Loli Haters Club!

If you really hate moe this much, then go to the goddamn Japan and buy some goddamn Needless DVD's/BD's. Lots of it.
Jan 7, 2010 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
Sorrow667 said:
nobody cares, why do moe haters feel the need to be in everyones faces about it. moe isnt ruining anime, its just your personal tastes. not everyone has the same tastes as you, get over it.
Jan 7, 2010 12:14 PM

May 2008
Lith said:
Sorrow667 said:
nobody cares, why do moe haters feel the need to be in everyones faces about it. moe isnt ruining anime, its just your personal tastes. not everyone has the same tastes as you, get over it.
They usually leave after the first episode discussion, it's the ones who post in the following episode discussions to complain about the same things who bother me. I think this show has good potential.
Jan 7, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Trolls will be trolls, nothing you can do about it except ignore them. They simply do it to annoy everyone smarter than them and to up their post count because as we all know the bigger your post count, the bigger your e-penor is.

That said I was really impressed by this anime. The backgrounds are simply stunning and combined with the moe K-ON character designs makes it truly amazing. Could've thrown a little more story into the first episode but it's fine, I'm sure they will down the line.
Jan 7, 2010 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
Needless? You call that a good anime? Moe is destroying the anime industryand sales have gone done tremendously in both Japan and the states.

Here's your proof.

http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/play/decade-anime-682165

Also, I'm not a troll and don't even know what it is. I rarely every get on the forums, and if I do they are in the clubs that I participate in. Why would I go and make illogical post just to boost how many times I've posted on the forums. Seriously now, I've been a member of MAL and only posted about 250 or so post. That's not very many I'd have to say. Now if I were a female I would totally understand why you all like these kinds of shows with moe, but when I see other guys watching this I know they are perverts.

Suzune-chanJul 25, 2013 6:29 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.