Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Guin's opponent are just cheap, they don't even stand a chance to win and so use Remus as hostage =.= but their death in the end is inevitable. István is just with Naris the entire time, but a battle should start soon. Guin should be able to meet up with him if thats the case.
Sep 13, 2009 2:03 PM

Feb 2009
It seems that Suni isn't just the cute mascot, these assassins are pathetic!

I really have a bad feeling about István's choices.

Everybody went they own way I wonder if they'll meet again.

I know how annoying he is but I wonder what happened to Astrias.

Can't wait for the next episode it seems very interesting.
Sep 23, 2009 1:18 PM

Oct 2007
Interesting conversation between Istovan and Naris, and these two dreams of both of them are going to clash in the future. Also the conversation between Remus and Guin about the king "A king is not one who picks fruit himself. He is one who has fruit offered to him." I like this one a lot and it also has a strong impact on Remus's ideal as a king.

And now we are cleared about who is the princess of light between Rinda and Amnelis.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 23, 2009 2:10 PM
Dec 2007
Great climax-building episode with loads of needed clarifications and developments. The big battle between Naris and Amnelis will be next, and as the episode title suggests, Monghaul will lose very fast. Can't wait to see that, and the aftermath of course (what will happen of Istovan? Remus and Linda? Guin?). A shame that the series will stop at the 26th episode, I wish a second season was announced.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 23, 2009 2:58 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. What this show does better than any other is move the pieces around in a logical fashion based on believable characters, which creates tension and anticipation all on its own. Even the guy possessing Remus has changed and softened, to the point that I am no longer affronted with his stark change in character, and almost reevaluated my stance altogether. They even redeemed Suni's utter uselessness. The only thing that I have a problem with is how much of an afterthought these assassins and what's his name leading them seem to be.
Sep 23, 2009 11:57 PM

Jul 2008
no opponent can really match guin, and it seems istovan is rethinking his decisions. plus, huge battle next ep?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 24, 2009 2:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Honestly, I'm not THAT impressed with this series. It's good, but really can't be compared to the epicness of the original work....The background art is awesome, but the animation is sometimes weird (Guin's mouth or the horses for instance) The music is awesome but the pacing is way too fast for the first half of the season (too many details were left out due to lack of time) I like the anime, it's good, but the novels are definitely better....But still, I fell it's unfair for me to compare it to the original work so I can't really complain too much...

And although the Kitai assassins existed in the novels, they weren't this lame and their organization/sect actually play an important role in later stories.....

But I like the pace now, it's just slightly slower....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 24, 2009 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
Is There Anyone Guin Can't Defeat?
Sep 25, 2009 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
So, why does the same phrase "I will charge at them head on" sound BADASS when it's coming from Skarl and sound YUCK-y when it's coming from Amnelis?

Out of the 3 candidates for future kings, I sympathize with Istovan the most since the guy has no royalties' connections whatsoever, unlike the shota and mr. obama..er okama, I mean. It's always interesting to see how one achieve their dream from scratch, so go Istovan!!!

And is it me or Rinda seems to "always waiting" for a lot of dudes lately? Poor Istovan... Don't tell me she's a...?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 26, 2009 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
BitchMaster said:
So, why does the same phrase "I will charge at them head on" sound BADASS when it's coming from Skarl and sound YUCK-y when it's coming from Amnelis?

You know when rich people try something stupid, they say "Wow, so interesting."
But when poor people try the same thing, they will say "No wonder, he is so poor."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 26, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
Was it just me, or was Istovan capable of cutting through solid rock? In any case, I'm liking how things are changing gears for this upcoming battle.
Oct 12, 2009 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
BitchMaster said:

That's simple. Because one of them is saying it out of confidence knowing his own power while the other is saying it out of pure persistence hate and stupidity ignoring the chances.

DeadBonesBrook said:
Was it just me, or was Istovan capable of cutting through solid rock? In any case, I'm liking how things are changing gears for this upcoming battle.

Obviously traveling with Guin makes wonders for your power level.
Feb 23, 2013 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
As usual, Amnelis is letting her personal revenge getting in the way of conquest. I would of listened to that seer tbh and went for another route. But nope, not going to retreat and fight Naris directly. I smell a rat.
May 23, 2015 3:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Suni finally did something useful! Incredible.

I understand Guin's motivation, but I really think at this point he should have stayed and ensured Remus got his kingdom and then left to find himself.

Amnelis's army is going to get demolished I reckon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2018 6:58 AM

Jul 2008
So Suni did something for once.

Amnelis is a dead woman, it's so obvious.
Aug 7, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2018
Wasn't expecting Suni to jump into combat and help Guin there, now all 5 candles are off with the last assassin remaining. Guin leaves the twins and goes solo once again

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.