Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think I'd want to sit through another season of this trash just to get unsatisfying answers to all the the questions this raised.
Mar 28, 2014 6:44 PM

May 2007
Worst ending ever

So I was working with a quick theory that Takeshi sent back to 1998 would become Kazuma, but then Kazuma showed up and NOTHING GOT ANSWERED

This show has the stupidest flaw ever

It skips episodes, all throughout. This felt like a 26 episode series in 12 episodes and they haven't done 25 and 26 yet.

I struggle to say I would watch a sequel even if one is made.

4/10 and for me to finish a show with that score is horrible. I went into the last two episodes I just marathoned on the 6/7 line

The final two episodes made me drop 3 points!!!
My anime list
Mar 28, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 2012
game8910 said:
I was only watching this show for the Mahoko episode previews. Whats the point of watching this episode now?

theres a poster of mahoko near the end, so theres that

side note, now that this is over, is the manga actually decent or is it more of the same? (IE was this bad because of AOC or because of source content being bad?)
Mar 28, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
Dafug. That was a realllllly bad ending.

Is it bad that I hated every single character. Only the flame best friend (can't remember name because not enough screen time, just "takeshi, gekko, gekko, takeshit, takeashit etc, everywhere); they give no reason -for you the viewer- to believe is flame boy is his [takashit] best freind, and his little sis were half decent, half.... as in half of what would have been decent. But no backstory at all.

I was just sitting here like yellin at the screen. Kill that geico lizard you dumb takeashiit.

Whole series inspired angst. Didn't get his sword back either... oh.... that was the best character. The sword. Pretty sad right. That fact that it provokes such feelings of hate means it reallllly had the true potential to be a great show. Just needed another 30 episodes to do it... and better acting, directing, music, etc.

It'll probly get an OVA to round it out at 13 eps. I'll watch it just because I like the sword.
Mar 28, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
This has to be the worst ending ever made.
It just took a huge shit on all of the plot.
May Mr. Director or whoever did it never work in a anime again.
Mar 28, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
This can't even be called an ending.....what in the world.........
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 28, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
ZeroMoon said:
So it ended up the way Infinite stratos 2 did? really?

Er... no, IS2 did a WAY better job than this. This abomination shoots straight up to the top of the "I'm so confused I don't even know why they made this anime" list

wishkas said:
Got an interesting idea...
What is the chance of future-isoshima be kazuma? i mean, there are animes where girlfriends/wifes call "mother" to their boyfriends/husbands' mom. And Isoshima knows curative magic isnt it?

Violet... Must be takeshi himself ._. We know that V has the power to predict the future... Takeshi has it too (Eterna has it). And V tells kazuma that he saved her life...

... Isoshima saved takashi's life during the war as we saw.

And we saw in episode 11 isoshima with kazume getting inside the mirror... o.o
@_@ confusing.

Holy Shit.... Reading this was an even bigger mind-fuck than I would have expected.

Not to say it can't happen, but if that were the case, then wouldn't the Kazuma in the house be all over Violet? Since Isoshima is soo in love with Takeshi?

Can someone just please summarize the entire story for me in regards to the LN and the entire plot thus far and PM me about it? I am so damn confused right now.
So many questions, so many.......... sigh:

1.) Why did Kazuma save Takeshi's mother?
2.) Why did Takeshi's mother want to kill Gekkou in the first freaking place?
3.) Why does Kazuma have Isoshima's picture in his pocket?
4.) Why does that loli principle seem like she's actually in cahoots with Kazuma?
5.) Why is Takeshi's sword even useable to Gekkou?

Time skips are well and good, but NOT on the last episode where you don't explain squat!

5.) Why did Gekkou get sent back a whole year before Takeshi?
6.) If the assumption that Takeshi is Kazuma is to be taken into consideration, why the don't they look nothing alike when they got sent back in time? Aren't they suppose to be the same age back then?

I won't say this anime was a complete waste of time because apparently, as some of you have said, they butchered the LN so much that it's beyond recognition, but Jesus Christ, was a semi-linear plot that fans could understand at least 50% of too much to ask for????? I feel like I understand about 10% of the story just watching this anime. I don't have the Japanese Acumen to read up the LN to boost that understanding.

Someone help me, please!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2014 8:20 PM

Apr 2012
This anime made it that I never knew what this show was about and it ends with a shitty cliffhanger. I don't even want to know the further progress. This was a waste of time. I only really liked the OP and ED theme.
Mar 28, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2012
People here really have bad taste. This anime is good and one of the best animes in this season. The story, mystery and action are all good, and much better than this overrated crap called Noragami which has generic story and meh action. Or that plotless crap with an average comedy called space dandy

The only thing bad about this show is that it is only 12 episodes. I hope they make second season to answer all the questions.
Mar 28, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2012
How did he travel back to the real world in the beginning?
Where did Ida & Mui go?
What happened to that law where using magic against another magician in the real world caused you to lose your magic?
I guess this was turn your brain off material
Mar 28, 2014 11:00 PM

Sep 2012
Alecks said:

What happened to that law where using magic against another magician in the real world caused you to lose your magic?

^ that law is gone by this episode. Guess you weren't paying enough attention LOL. Can't blame you.

---

So... is this episode an anime original?
Mar 28, 2014 11:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh boy, they completely butchered it. 5/10
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 29, 2014 12:11 AM

Mar 2014
Let me introduce the tweets of the scenario writer of the ep 12. Those has been already deleted.

A little while ago, I asked to my friend who has read the LN, but she also answered the anime is incomprehensible.
Mar 29, 2014 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
The last episode hinted a second season :DDDD </sarcasm>

PLEASE DON'T. I don't even.. Oh God.
5/10
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 29, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2014
Amitsune said:
Don't dig, don't try, just forget Mahou Sensou!

Let me introduce the views of the elite soldiers of our country (Japan). I suspect this is the most suitable. But the mystery still remains.

Takeshi travels back to 1998. And his body and Kazuma's soul died in the Magical Warfare I. Maybe Takeshi was involved in the Black Requiem and Kazuma died in reaction of the Black Requiem. And somebody (Momoka 1998?) transferred Takeshi's soul to Kazuma's body. Then Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) kept to sleep until 2014.

In 2014, Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) was awakening. He started the work towards the end of the conflict, along with Violet (Kurumi?) and Momoka. This was why Violet (Kurumi?) had been caring for Takeshi quietly.

After talking to Kurumi (2014) all that had been imprisoned, Kazuma (with Takeshi's soul) took her out. And Takeshi (2014) was skipped to 1998 by momoka.

If you add your thought of Gekko's plot to this, it would be in the form somehow.
Mar 29, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2012
What...just...what??

Actually who cares. I don't even want to know.

It's over, thank god, bleach from memory.

4/10.
Mar 29, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2012
Is this it, well that was a waste. The ending was incomplete to me.

Great series!!!
Mar 29, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
Main character and main villain meet, opening theme playing... They battle like no tomorrow... Usually those are the best part of a battle anime... And I dont give a flying fuck.

This show is just... The pacing is horrible, I don't think even the VA are into the characters they're voicing.

4/10 for bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
quoting myself from the first episode

Hate to say it but once the op kicked in i had feeling this would turn out pretty average just doesn't seem all that good right now plus the pacing was all over the place

least the ED good love me some NANO

i was almost right turns out this show was just plain shit and what the fuck was that ending

4/10
Mar 29, 2014 1:47 AM

Feb 2012
And the worst anime this season goes to...*drum roll* MAHOU SENSOU!! Total pile of sh*t!! Not only was it rushed, they just added more questions than explanations!! I had to double check how many episodes there was, if it was 12 or 13.

So many questions left, but i wont bother trying to look for the answers!!

Because of the poorly made ending, I'll drop it even more. From a 3/10 to 2/10!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Jun 2012
2/10. Only reason I rated a 2 instead of 1 is because of the awesome ending song.
Mar 29, 2014 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
Epic fight between brothers, isoshima gets fatally wounded. Blonde bitch shoots a big ass black spirit bomb (psssshhhhhhhh) tokyo is destroyed. Takeshi wakes up in the past. Takeshi sees his brother there also, Gekkou smiles with incestuous intent. (back to the present), isoshima is fine, giant ass hole in the ground, the end.
Mar 29, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2012
I am sad this ended. You know why?
Because now they will make a dozen worse new series to compensate.

Ok, maybe because Nobuhiko Okamoto was Gekkou's VA as well.

This is one of the instances that I don't want any question answered.
I am afraid though. Afraid that this will get a 2nd season, since so many trash series get one (see: Maken-ki).

This was like a disgusting copy of FFVIII

PS: Did they just try to go from Mahou Sensou to Hoshi Sensou (Takeshi's sword becoming a lightsaber n all)?

1.5/10 cause I kinda liked Twilights design.
Mar 29, 2014 3:11 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Guess im the only who can get an idea of what going on...or maybe just my imagination,,,,or I watched too many animes

anyway, everything up to ep 11 make sense...
but eps 12...TIME TRAVEL wow unexpected...

idk, this need a remake into 25 eps, they are squeezing all the plot into 12 eps.

(see: Niseko, manga and anime comparison, there too many thing anime had skip)
Mar 29, 2014 3:35 AM

Jun 2011
Too many unanswered questions

and when this episode started I was like wat.
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Mar 29, 2014 3:48 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Amitsune said:

I think when they mention get ready new worlds which mean...PARALLEL WORLD. :D

remember anime stein;gate is not about going back in time, its parallel world.
Mar 29, 2014 3:53 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
ANYONE read the novel? wanna explain...?

the anime probably cut too many part out...need more flash back...

WHAT did their mother's message?
What did Kurumi say to Mui? Do that relate to why Mui cry and tell them to stop fighting?
Mar 29, 2014 4:31 AM

Mar 2014
Well that was surprising !!

I wonder what the hell is going on !!
Mar 29, 2014 4:45 AM

Aug 2012
Confusing as hell.
Mar 29, 2014 5:05 AM

Mar 2011
This anime and Infinite Stratos 2 should have a crossover. -_-
Mar 29, 2014 5:13 AM
Jun 2013
I think I'm the only one who liked this series and is waiting for a second season.
Mar 29, 2014 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
WHAT. WHY DID IT END LIKE THAT. WHAT JUST HAPPENED.
WHY IS TAKESHI RUNNING TO HIS HOUSE, WHEN JUST AT THE END OF THE PREVIOUS EPISODE HE WAS RESCUING KURUMI AT THE TRAILER's BASE?
WHY IS GEKKOU AND TAKESHI FIGHT?
STILL PAST PROBLEMS?
WHY DID THE MOMOKA TURN THE REAL WORLD LIKE THEIRS?
KURUMI, INSTEAD OF DIEING, YOU COULDVE PULLED TAKESHI TOWARDS YOU, BUT OK.
WHAT DID THE MOTHER WANT TAKESHI TO KNOW?
WHAT DID KURUMI TELL TO MUI TO TELL TAKESHI?
WHY DID SHE CRY WHEN KURUMI TOLD HER?
WHY DID KAZUMA HAVE KURUMI's PICTURE?
WHY IS KAZUMA HEALING TAKESHIS MUM?
DID KAZUMA CALL TAKESHI's MOTHER, MUM?
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
WHY DID TAKESHI GO BACK IN TIME?
WHY IS GEKKOU FRIENDLY WITH MOMOKA, KEPPEI, KAZUMA, AND THAT PERSON WHO LOVES YOUKO, TAKESHI'S MUM.?
CAN THEY NOT SEE TAKESHI OR SOMETHING?
BUT THEY SAW GEKKOU?
IS GEKKOU NOT FROM THE PRESENT?
BUT IN TAKESHIS MEMORY HAS GEKKOU AS A LITTLE KID TOO THOUGH..
OH KURUMI SURVIVED.
MUI AND KURUMI HUGGING EACH OTHER AND SAYING "TAKESHI"
DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE HE IS.,?!
WHY DID IT JUST END LIKE THAT?

MY QUESTIONS BASICALLY THROUGHOUT WATCHING THIS EP.
OMG. Someone please explain.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Mar 29, 2014 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
--haruka said:
WHAT. WHY DID IT END LIKE THAT. WHAT JUST HAPPENED.
WHY IS TAKESHI RUNNING TO HIS HOUSE, WHEN JUST AT THE END OF THE PREVIOUS EPISODE HE WAS RESCUING KURUMI AT THE TRAILER's BASE?
WHY IS GEKKOU AND TAKESHI FIGHT?
STILL PAST PROBLEMS?
WHY DID THE MOMOKA TURN THE REAL WORLD LIKE THEIRS?
KURUMI, INSTEAD OF DIEING, YOU COULDVE PULLED TAKESHI TOWARDS YOU, BUT OK.
WHAT DID THE MOTHER WANT TAKESHI TO KNOW?
WHAT DID KURUMI TELL TO MUI TO TELL TAKESHI?
WHY DID SHE CRY WHEN KURUMI TOLD HER?
WHY DID KAZUMA HAVE KURUMI's PICTURE?
WHY IS KAZUMA HEALING TAKESHIS MUM?
DID KAZUMA CALL TAKESHI's MOTHER, MUM?
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
WHY DID TAKESHI GO BACK IN TIME?
WHY IS GEKKOU FRIENDLY WITH MOMOKA, KEPPEI, KAZUMA, AND THAT PERSON WHO LOVES YOUKO, TAKESHI'S MUM.?
CAN THEY NOT SEE TAKESHI OR SOMETHING?
BUT THEY SAW GEKKOU?
IS GEKKOU NOT FROM THE PRESENT?
BUT IN TAKESHIS MEMORY HAS GEKKOU AS A LITTLE KID TOO THOUGH..
OH KURUMI SURVIVED.
MUI AND KURUMI HUGGING EACH OTHER AND SAYING "TAKESHI"
DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE HE IS.,?!
WHY DID IT JUST END LIKE THAT?

MY QUESTIONS BASICALLY THROUGHOUT WATCHING THIS EP.
OMG. Someone please explain.

Don't bother asking coz we all don't know the answers. The best thing to do is forget ever watching this and forget this anime ever existed. lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 29, 2014 6:22 AM

Sep 2008
Gekkou: "Brother, our mother tried to kill me when I was young kid and let me believe it was you all along even though it caused me to become complete asshole, hate both you and whole world!"

Takeshi: "Nevermind that, why did you hurt our mother???!!!"

I swear, I've never seen more oblivious character than Nanase Takeshi. Your MOTHER tried to KILL your BROTHER and you ask him why he's an asshole?
Like, seriously, what would be crossing the line, killing his parrot?

I believed this show had potential for the first few episodes and now that it ended I am sure as hell not going to watch second season if it ever airs. I'll keep beliveing director used a nuke, other countries retaliated and everyone died. That is the only acceptable solution to this anime...

Oh well, at least it managed to wake emotions inside me. Hate, anger and confusion are also emotions :)

Farewell Mahou Sensou. 3/10
Mar 29, 2014 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
That was seriously disappointing. They packed in everything in one episode just to end it. All those huge plots that were supposed to have taken a bit longer got rushed through like nothing. And what's with that ending? It started out ok from episode 1-8 or so, then after that it just went downhill.
Mar 29, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2008
This episode officially earned my "most WTFs of the season" award.
Mar 29, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 2013
I'd like to express my deepest and most sincere
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK WAS THAT????
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Mar 29, 2014 8:51 AM

Jun 2007
I think I'm on the same boat as everyone who is confused about what was going on at the end of this.
I certainly feel that the series should have been longer to begin with, and if a second season does get made later on, I may watch it to see if it answers anything.

Only big question that I am asking is what happened to Kazumi Ida's sister? What made her so special that she had to be taken away by some group that isn't expanded upon. I feel like the scenes that were used to introduce her and get rid of her were wasted and could have been used to explain all of the other questions that were unanswered.
Mar 29, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2010
The worst anime I watched in quite a long time.
2/10.
what the HELL is going on? why end here? WHY NOT EXPLAIN ANY DAMN THING?
So many fucking questions!
This world has a tiny bit of potencial to become cool, but NO. This anime killed all possible ways for this to be good..
Madhouse failed.
The author himself said he isn't very proud of the novel and he wasn't eager to make an anime. bah, he even was against it!.
Mar 29, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
Mahou Sensou= My horn is a sensor.

2/10

this anime will be forgotten forever.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
Regret not dropping this now, one of the worst endings I've have ever seen, soo much confusion too many question, Even IF.. they make a season 2 to clear up, there's no way I'm gonna waste my time watching it.
♥♥♥♥♥ View my Anime list here ♥♥♥♥♥
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/macroo

♥♥♥♥♥ ≧^◡^≦ ♥♥♥♥♥
Mar 29, 2014 10:33 AM
Apr 2008
I have learn nothing from this anime and I have no fucking idea why I watched it till the end it was horrible. Worst of all its Madhouse who had done the animation you know they are famous for good animation but nowadays I think PA works had surpass them
4/10
Usernames54561Mar 29, 2014 9:15 PM
Mar 29, 2014 11:18 AM
May 2008
Had to check I few times what episode I watched and how many episodes had. Because, is that even a ending? Is there a Episode 13 or something like that?
Mar 29, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
They'd better make a season 2 and clean the plot up
Mar 29, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2007
Best show of the season, MINDBLOW!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 29, 2014 12:31 PM
Aug 2013
I really liked the set up of the series, it had so much promise. Then at some point it went downhill, but even so I could easily live with it until episode 11. Then out of the blue there is episode 12, WTF. Mega gap, confusing, rushed. It is so bad it is not even worth crying over. I wish they stopped at episode 11 or 10. Really WTF, just filled with disbelief and sorrow now....
Mar 29, 2014 12:39 PM

Mar 2009
hope this is the last time that i'll see this anime~

let all the questions left unanswered till the end of time
Mar 29, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
It was a good show for the most part, but how was that a final episode?? There needs to be a second season, or that end will make no sense. It didn't end anything. And now we'll never know if Isosshima lives or dies, or how the hell Takushi went 16 years into the past.
~ ビーせんぱい
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
Mar 29, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
beesenpai said:
It was a good show for the most part, but how was that a final episode?? There needs to be a second season, or that end will make no sense. It didn't end anything. And now we'll never know if Isosshima lives or dies, or how the hell Takushi went 16 years into the past.

Isosshima was clearly alive at the end.

Mar 29, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2012
I'm glad that i've droped this shit in episode 4 :')
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

158 by rezasaputra27 »»
Feb 17, 2021 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.