Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, that must be awkward for the little creature to show up in Kokona's bag at school..

Glad to see Papika show up at school though. (with a ponytail too!)
The fantasy world setting with the rabbit theme and bunny ears is pretty amusing. Soruto also seems like an interesting character.

Surreal episode.
Oct 13, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2012
Omg Papika cleaned up is really cute, and the pigtails are great.

The bunny as a anthro/humanoid is really awesome looking.
PhylloNakamuraOct 13, 2016 6:24 AM

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 13, 2016 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Still kinda incoherent and badly paced, but I'm enjoying it a lot. It feels just as whimsical as Ghibli's movies.

Now can the stupid robot just disappear from this beautiful show?
Oct 13, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2013
I'm really loving this anime. So cute!

I loved the way the place where they turned into bunnies looked. Really colourful.
Oct 13, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
So Cocona and Papika became bunnies of sorts...dust bunnies? And Papika learned why Cocona feared losing her, nice. Liberate Pure Illusion is the goal? Is that a good idea really? Pirates comin' in!
Oct 13, 2016 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
holyfox6894 said:
Omg Papika cleaned up is really cute, and the pigtails are great.
Totally agree with that. And that moment when Cocona read the book...

That Dracula-Hulk-like Uexkull is awesome too. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 13, 2016 7:22 AM

Dec 2015
I thought this was much better than the first episode but maybe that's just because I'm a sucker for trippy stuff.
More of this please.

And oh yeah, do you think Dr Salt drinks Dr Pepper?
Bobby2HandsOct 13, 2016 7:31 AM
Oct 13, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
This episode seems much better in terms of enjoyment levels, as I really enjoyed the sort of Bunny-esque theme. It's pretty much something I can't ignore when it comes to enjoying a show, so might be a personal bias.

I do like how this is going although the ending itself is quite questionable, yet intriguing me into wanting more from it. Because the last thing the person said was "To Liberate Illusion." Or something along those lines, I wonder what he really meant by that of course.
Oct 13, 2016 7:41 AM

Feb 2016
Guys here we learn about the consequences about LSD this will be adictive

i think i just know wich is my daily LSD anime, and i thought JoJo was already Bizarre
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 13, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
Btw does anybody here hear some of haibane Renmei Ending on Flip Flappers Ending? it sounds very similar on a certain point
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 13, 2016 7:48 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is making me crazy, I think.
It's level of absurdness is over 9000
Oct 13, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2015
So there's no explanation on why Cocona was kidnapped on the previous episode and just woke up on her bed like nothing happened? Hmmm kinda lost on that one. But nevertheless another enjoyable episode with Cocona and Papika on to another adventure.

Papika wearing twin tails = 10/10
Papika's rape face = 100/10
Papika with rabbit ears = over 9000!
Oct 13, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
This show is extremely fun and I love how its brimming with personality.

In this episode they were in rabbit land or something. It was weird, but hey, I'm a sucker for that kind of shit.
Oct 13, 2016 8:36 AM

Jul 2007
This continues to be the best show of the season and the lesbian subtext is even stronger in this one(then again crotch power up last episode was already as close to text as possible).

This continues to feel like a merger between Ikuhara and Imaishi in all the greatest ways. Still not sure what to make of the show in terms of subtext and metaphors , a lot of which seems to do with sexuality and lesbians so far, but I guess it will become clearer over time.
Oct 13, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, it's a little rushed, but damn is it fun to look at. I haven't seen an anime this visually imaginative in awhile. There seems to be a yuri triangle between Kokona, Papika, and Yayaka. And Dr. Salt is super obviously evil. Or maybe he's not? There are still a lot of questions, but they're gradually getting answered.

I can't wait for the next episode.

5/5
Oct 13, 2016 9:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Not a single mention of the kidnapping last episode. Cocona just woke up in her bed, that's interesting. Why though, many unanswered questions.

The rabbit thing is cute xD

Papika, she's really dense isn't she?
Oct 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm didn't something happen at the end of the last episode? Something is going on here.

I loved the complete randomness and creativity of this episode.

Also lots of cute moments this episode :)

Oct 13, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2010
Seems like this anime will be quite episodic but I don't really mind as long as it has an overarching story which it seems to have with the introduction of FlipFlap and we still don't know about the bad guys that showed up at the end of ep 1 yet either.

Also Uexkull is too damn cute.
Oct 13, 2016 9:52 AM
Oct 2010
Another acid trip and Cocona is now hooked.

This is definitely an ode to absurdity, not that I mind so long it's entertaining.

Bobby2Hands said:
And oh yeah, do you think Dr Salt drinks Dr Pepper?

Well, the name very likely is a play on that. But if he drinks something, I would expect it to be rainbow tea or something on that line.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 13, 2016 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
Still not much is clear, but now we at least know why they were being sent into Pure Illusion.

The "wonderland" that they entered through the "rabbit hole" reminded me a lot of that one episode from Space Dandy with an entire planet filled with sentient plants.

I am also liking the sound design of this show. All those ambient echoing noises made by the birds and animals while they were in the "forest", made the scene quite immersive.
Oct 13, 2016 10:06 AM

Nov 2012
well the visuals looked pretty but besides that i didn't care for much that was happening here again. and papika is starting to get on my nerves tbh
at least it's getting more clear now why they're being sent to pure illusion i guess..
Oct 13, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2010
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Btw does anybody here hear some of haibane Renmei Ending on Flip Flappers Ending? it sounds very similar on a certain point

Same composer, Masumi Itou.
———————

I wanna know about the kidnapping...

Also, there's no "lesbian subtext". Pure illusion.
KougeruOct 13, 2016 10:47 AM
Oct 13, 2016 10:44 AM

Sep 2016
Definitely loving the show very far. It's bright, colorful, funny characters while retaining a mystery around the overall goal for the story. There is something going on here that we do not know yet and I can see this getting a bit dark/depressing later on.

Next episode looks to be a pirate theme. I love how there is so much variety in the illusion world so that is nice and it won't get old over time as long as it retains the colorful wackiness. I'm usually not the biggest fan for episodic shows (if it is episodic) but I'm completely loving this so far and I do think there will be an overall end goal/villain later on. 5/5
Oct 13, 2016 10:49 AM
Feb 2016
I'm all for "the story unfolds itself as it progresses" but they could have at least explained why Cocona was kidnapped and what happened to her. Not that I didn't enjoy it but it falls apart if it stays that vague much longer. The visuals are still amazing.
Oct 13, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
This show is creeping me out. First the moving brain and this time the spooky picture. On first sight the crimson sky looked like blood and the lake like the maw of a monster.

There's actual danger and violence in this show, but it is downplayed through cheeriness and heroism.
"Do enough good to make the bad go away"

I'm a fan of dualism and multifaceted perspectives, so call me intrigued. This show has potential.
Oct 13, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
hmm, Not too sure about that second episode, it had some weird pacing and didn't feel quite as lighthearted as the first one.
Oct 13, 2016 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
I love the mystery and the fact that behind all this cute stuff there is some creepy shit going on. This anime is just beautiful.
Oct 13, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2010
the kill la kill and ghibli vibes really kicked in here.
uexkull is adorable ♥
the magical transformations are so unique! can't wait for more
Oct 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed this episode even more. I'm a sucker for artistic pieces like this. Interesting artstyle, pretty colors and beautiful animation. The OP is still amazing. Next episode looks great, can't wait!
Oct 13, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
cottonpie said:
the kill la kill and ghibli vibes really kicked in here.
lol thought the same thing
Oct 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
I love it so far, i guess it'll turn very dark, very quick.
Oct 13, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
So this is what an shroom trip feels like...
Oct 13, 2016 1:52 PM
Aug 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:

the ED was composed by the same person, Itou Masumi, though this time she didn't sing it, another person did for flip flappers, still her music is really distinctive.
she also did jinrui wa shimashita ED and RDG red data girl ED (composing and singing )
Oct 13, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
Really enjoying this despite odd pacing!

Cant help but feel the girl with long hair and Cocona's friend will also join in this adventure.
The OP shows two other girls I think, so will be interesting to find out.
Oct 13, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
This anime is epic. I love it
Oct 13, 2016 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
23 minutes of psychedelic chaos.
Oct 13, 2016 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Man, what kinda shit am I on? Hell, kinda drugs did it take to produce this.
Oct 13, 2016 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
Did I miss something srs?

What happened to the guys who caught them at the end of episode 1 and when did Cocona get her green pet?

Someone get me up to speed please.
Oct 13, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2008
This anime has been simply an amazing ride. Loving the visuals when they went to other world or whatever in this episode. Also bunny ears.

Nice to see both can do that power up mode too.

Also is that yuri drama I see?
Oct 13, 2016 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
Pssh who needs drugs when you have this?

Very trippy, visually interesting, but lacking of substance. 4/5
I need sleep.
Oct 13, 2016 4:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
SeijiroUshio said:
So there's no explanation on why Cocona was kidnapped on the previous episode and just woke up on her bed like nothing happened? Hmmm kinda lost on that one.
I strongly suspect her sweet dear old grandmother isn't as clueless as she looks.
Oct 13, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2015
Amusing setting, Papika looked cute.

Oct 13, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
It's a big blast of imagination like a storybook,they went down the rabbit hole I guess lol
I really like the are in this anime really unique
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 5:05 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know what to say. It's really like Alice in Wonderland the animated version with all this absurd amount of imagination going on. I'll stick to this one because I'm feeling that it would turn that it's hiding a dark theme deep inside or just a whimsical type of adventure. Also, I thought it was a mix of Trigger Studio and Studio Ghibli.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 13, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Uexkull was pretty cool xD
Goku said:
Also lots of cute moments this episode :)

Yes Uexkull is super cute and Kokona's love for him is super sweet to watch~
Some more adventuring this ep and it was cool to see how they decided to make the inside of the vacuum look with all the colors and space.

As for Dr Salt's mission and how he was presented overall, he doesn't seem all that trustworthy, and boy that ending was pretty gripping for me.

Also fairly sure that Yayaka is somehow involved with those guys who showed up at the end of ep 1, or at least she's more involved than she's letting on. Heck I'm fairly sure that she's this supposed strong character shown in the OP:
With the similar eye-color and hair. I was already pretty suspicious the moment she was waiting for Kokona outside her house and then got super involved in keeping Papika away. Well now we'll have to see whether or not she helps them in the end or has to fight them. (seems more like the latter) if I'm even remotely close to correct in my assumptions lol

D00meriksen said:
This show is creeping me out. First the moving brain and this time the spooky picture. On first sight the crimson sky looked like blood and the lake like the maw of a monster.

There's actual danger and violence in this show, but it is downplayed through cheeriness and heroism.
"Do enough good to make the bad go away"

I'm a fan of dualism and multifaceted perspectives, so call me intrigued. This show has potential.
Wow I totally agree, although I didn't catch that initial view of the painting.

Cratex said:
I strongly suspect her sweet dear old grandmother isn't as clueless as she looks.
As do I, especially with how they showed her watching Kokona as she awoke, something about that just didn't sit right with me. I'd almost think that most of Kokona's close relationships are somehow fake seeing as how suspicious I already am of her grandmother (if she really is her grandmother... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN) and Yayaka.
gust11Oct 13, 2016 5:41 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 13, 2016 5:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
gust11 said:
Also fairly sure that Yayaka is somehow involved with those guys who showed up at the end of ep 1, or at least she's more involved than she's letting on....
no doubt in my mind - to me the only question is if she is on the other side or a Third side.... :D
Oct 13, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
Cratex said:
gust11 said:
Also fairly sure that Yayaka is somehow involved with those guys who showed up at the end of ep 1, or at least she's more involved than she's letting on....
no doubt in my mind - to me the only question is if she is on the other side or a Third side.... :D
Oh yeah, the possibility of a third, hidden side didn't even occur to me, although that's totally possible. Maybe she's actually just desperate to save Kokona from some hidden side of the world or some fighting?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 13, 2016 5:53 PM
May 2011
What's going on with the animation and colour design here is too much for my un-artistic mind to comprehend. They're in a dream world, so why wouldn't there be palette swaps every other scene? I love it.
Oct 13, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2014
made some gifs 
uexkull(?) licking her nose tho >.<
Oct 13, 2016 6:54 PM
Oct 2010
BlueBalls said:
What happened to the guys who caught them at the end of episode 1 and when did Cocona get her green pet?

I'm guessing we will know later what happened at the end of episode 1.

Uexkull was there all along though, hiding in a box in Cocona's house since episode 1. What's so weird about owning a green pet/bunny-like creature?

EDIT: On a second watch... not a box but a woolen pouch? Well, of course, green pets get cold too.
AjunkyOct 13, 2016 9:00 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Berhinger »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

189 by Atsunome »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2016

188 by natraesitur »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » How much sexual content is in this show?

PokeFan2112 - Dec 27, 2022

16 by Armosaurus »»
Apr 22, 2023 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.