Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 27, 2009 9:08 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was stunned at the fighting scenes!

Amazing, i think i rewatch it like 3 times already. Seriously, this is totally at a different level, a much higher one, compared to the first season. It just gets better and better.

That last ending scene can't be the ending to this birdy series right? Someone please tell me there's going to be a third season coming along > <

ending ep: 5/5
Overall: 9/10
Mar 28, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2009
I know that 2 OVA episodes are planned to be realased :D
Mar 29, 2009 10:53 AM

Jan 2008
Really?! Yes yes yes! <3
Mar 29, 2009 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
I sure hope they do a third season. The second season kicked some major ass. XD
Apr 26, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't care for the animation of the fight scenes at all. Blob animation is the term that poped into my head as I watched. Still, The story was very good, the ending touching. Nataru jumped time and space to save the birdy child.
Apr 26, 2009 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
The story was decent, it's got a good ending, however the animation for the action scenes are bad... a bit better than episode 7 tho.

I hope there will be a third season, and that the animation will be better...
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
- Robert Sewell
Apr 26, 2009 9:50 PM

Jun 2007
WTF Nakasugi is alive?!?! Holy crap they really cant end it like that by bringing dead characters back to life :(.

Over all this series was pretty decent. I wasn't a huge fan of the fight blob scenes either but I did like the special effects in the scenes.
Apr 26, 2009 10:19 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:
WTF Nakasugi is alive?!?! Holy crap they really cant end it like that by bringing dead characters back to life :(

Sayaka was never dead... maybe you should re-watch season 1 again?
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
- Robert Sewell
Apr 27, 2009 3:05 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
The ending kinda puttered out though. Senkawa pops up out of Birdy's body and almost talks to Nataru, and suddenly Nataru decides he's not a psycho anymore?

Also, Birdy and Senkawa are still stuck together at the very least. And with how this last episode went I don't think they'll be getting any closer together as a thought would happen.
Apr 27, 2009 7:54 AM

Feb 2008
i knew she would remember him...

the ending was ok. there is still a lot going on that they didn't really get into. maybe they will make more.
Apr 27, 2009 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
Liri said:
DeathfireD said:
WTF Nakasugi is alive?!?! Holy crap they really cant end it like that by bringing dead characters back to life :(

Sayaka was never dead... maybe you should re-watch season 1 again?

I did and they never show what happened to her. Please enlighten me with what I may have missed.
Apr 27, 2009 7:11 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
DeathfireD said:
I did and they never show what happened to her. Please enlighten me with what I may have missed.

If I remember the last season right she lost her memories.

Tsutomu takes the Ryunka into his body (which he had just gotten back around ep 11 or so of the first season) -- out of Nagasuki. Birdy has to kill Tsutomu to stop the Ryunka (which is how he ends up back in her body again for the second season) and Nagasuki awakens to have lost all her memories from the time she was possessed by the Ryunka, so she doesn't remember her relationship that developed with Tsutomu. And I think it was implied that because she was possessed by the Ryunka that it really wasn't Nagasuki that fell in love with Tsutomu to begin with.

Anyway, she transfers to another school and Tsutomu is encouraged to just forget about her.
Apr 27, 2009 7:15 PM

Aug 2008
This season was better than the first. Loved the ending as well. I smell a third season.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Apr 27, 2009 9:45 PM
Jan 2009
That was a pretty good episode, much better than the first season.
The fighting scene was amazing and I kinda like the blob animation they used. xD
I liked the part when Nataru was in the past and saved Birdy.
Although some things bothered me, The lady Nataru tried to kill should've died from blood loss while she was sitting there and Tsutomu hardly got any screen time! ;_; (He barely has this season!) I hope they make a third though,at least there will be some OVA's.
Apr 28, 2009 1:18 AM

Jun 2007
this series is just...wow!! I really liked the fighting scenes al lot!! this is hundred times better than fighting scenes of other animes ,,,cough cough naruto..shiipuuden cough..

its realy nice they brought back sayaka, thank god for photo albums..

i wonder why there aren't many watching his series =( they're missing out a lot
Apr 28, 2009 2:20 AM
Apr 2009
Is this series really over, or will there be more?
Apr 28, 2009 3:18 AM

Feb 2008
nx6 said:
DeathfireD said:

If I remember the last season right she lost her memories.

Tsutomu takes the Ryunka into his body (which he had just gotten back around ep 11 or so of the first season) -- out of Nagasuki. Birdy has to kill Tsutomu to stop the Ryunka (which is how he ends up back in her body again for the second season) and Nagasuki awakens to have lost all her memories from the time she was possessed by the Ryunka, so she doesn't remember her relationship that developed with Tsutomu. And I think it was implied that because she was possessed by the Ryunka that it really wasn't Nagasuki that fell in love with Tsutomu to begin with.

Anyway, she transfers to another school and Tsutomu is encouraged to just forget about her.

it was her that he fell in love with, the Ryunka's influence wasn't very strong most of the time and was only effecting her personality in minor ways. or at least that's the impression i was getting.

Liri said:
the animation for the action scenes are bad.

i think its pretty clear from these last two episodes that they want to make one, just have to wait and see if they are allowed to. i'm also hoping that they'll start putting more effort into animating the fight scenes, and into the animation in general.
Apr 28, 2009 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode, awesome season, 10/10
Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 28, 2009 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
jacobpaige said:
it was her that he fell in love with, the Ryunka's influence wasn't very strong most of the time and was only effecting her personality in minor ways. or at least that's the impression i was getting.

That's what I think as well. This would also imply that there is the possibility of Sayaka actually liked Tsutomu even before Rynuka got into her.
- Robert Sewell
Apr 28, 2009 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
This was an ok epsisode. Overall, this season was structured the same was as last season, only with Birdy as the focus instead of Tsutomu. Nothing surprising or really great happened with the exception of an episode or two. It's a shame that this show was so heavily affected by the recession. The drop in animation, inconsistent character design, and alltogether choopy nature of the appearance of the show really hindered storytelling, not to mention, in this episode, with the action, the director just gave up and gave us a lot of black screens.

3/5 for the episode
7/10 for the show

As for the Ryunka stuff, it did alter he personality very much, though a struggle was depicted with Sayaka many times. For instance, her maid commented on how Sayaka would never wear red, and much of that confidence that we saw from her was completely the influence of the Ryunka.
Apr 28, 2009 12:03 PM

Mar 2009
Good ep, good show. 7/10
May 4, 2009 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
Fantastic final episode. I liked how the Birdy+Nataru arc came to an end but I hope they conclude the Levy arc some time. I don't think that that will happen in the upcoming OVA since that one is said to be some special that takes place between season 1 and season 2.
I really loved the beautiful fighting scences. Mr Akane and his team really know how to aquire great animators.
May 6, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Well, seeing as they still haven't explained Mr. Secret Agent Man and his employer, here's betting on a season 3. Actually, they could keep making seasons and I'd still watch it.

Most likely Nataru will return, as a minor character, just like Sayaka did.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

May 9, 2009 12:10 AM

Aug 2008
Was good. Like in the middle
7/10
May 10, 2009 10:35 AM
Dec 2007
Good episode as a standalone, but not a satisfying one as an ending. The fights were fantastic with the artsy animation that I love, but these kinds of "I'm waiting for you to return, one day" endings just annoy me, it's simply not right to end a series (a movie, a book, anything with a script) like that, it's just plain wrong. And one again, this episode, like the 11th, felt utterly rushed with a somewhat average development with a lot of ellipses, but then agin, they lacked time and money to make it right, so I can't blame them. Overall, it was a t the same level as the first season, with some very good things and less interesting ones, so "only" a very good series, seeing that it could have been much better, especially with Kazuki Akane as a director. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 12, 2009 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Wow...once again, the 2nd season is much better than the 1st season.
8.4/10
May 26, 2009 1:39 AM
Mar 2008
Awesome 9/10 for everything except for the increased focus on a new character. Hope there is more soon.
Jun 12, 2009 4:16 PM

Aug 2008
Personally i liked the pace of season 1 better, and used of both Tsutomu and Birdy in Season 1, this season it was more Birdy which i liked but with the whole appearance of Nataru and all it kinda made it less pleasing to watch, but i still watched it. so ya did not like season 2 as much as u guys liked it.
also i can see why the budget may have been so low for this, and there seems to be no more plans for sequels.
Jul 25, 2009 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
Chimasternmay said:
Personally i liked the pace of season 1 better, and used of both Tsutomu and Birdy in Season 1, this season it was more Birdy which i liked but with the whole appearance of Nataru and all it kinda made it less pleasing to watch, but i still watched it. so ya did not like season 2 as much as u guys liked it.
also i can see why the budget may have been so low for this, and there seems to be no more plans for sequels.

I agree with you. I was kinda hoping Tsutomo and Birdy would get together... The ending made me want more. A LOT more.
Jul 27, 2009 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
This episode had the best of all the fighting scenes in the series. It wowed me. It takes a lot for something to wow me as much as the fight in the second season finale did. It was like something out of a Michael Bay film.
Jul 27, 2009 8:47 AM

Jun 2009
those fight scene just blew my mind. the buildup toward the finale was awesome as well
it has a solid story and nataru is awesome

I don't get it why anyone would rate this show lower than 9
and those who complain this show had bad animation is retard
Aug 10, 2009 1:52 AM

Apr 2007
While I find this season to be more enjoyable than the first, the ending was a little less satisfying this time around. I actually had to pause for a second to refresh my memory of what happened with Nakasugi after the first season's finale, since her appearance caught me completely off guard.

What I enjoyed most about this season though was the animation. Sure the art during most of the fights is substandard, but the shear (or is it sheer?) kinetic energy that just pours out of those scenes is enough to make up for it. Some truly gorgeous moments; always made my hair stand on end (not in the traditional sense of the idiom mind you).

8/10
Aug 28, 2009 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
OMG, last episode was so sad, Tsutomu didnt see Nakasugi, Nataru have dissapeared. It cant end like this. I want see Birdy again, i want season 3! fight scene was awesome but it could have better graphic.
Aug 29, 2009 7:18 AM

Dec 2008
lol, I don't know why some people are complaining about the animation in this series. Overall, it is far above average in my opinion and not only that, they have several well animated frame by frame fights throughout the series rather than using cheap angles and such in other shows. I think people are taking this for granted, so when animation quality drops, they'll start thinking that the animation is poor.

Also I think it's more of the art quality rather than the animation that dropped in ep 7 and this ep. It might have been a bit choppy but it was all fbf with good camera angles. It was just really simplistic with the art and no shading and detail is all. Well, that's my thought of it.

I really enjoyed this season though. I felt I was a lot more engaged and "into" it than the first season. Hope they'll be able to make a third season.
Sep 7, 2009 10:58 PM
Jan 2008
the series itself was great. much better than I had expected, but it seems and I hope there is a third season of decode because there were way too many lose ends like the other alterian girl was taken to trial, senkawa's body not returned, natsugi's return to meet w/ senkawa, the alien obsessed photographer and nataru's whereabouts. well, at least that's all I can think of that's missing from the show, and I truly hope for a continuation.

I still haven't watched the 4 Ep OVA but i guess it's a retelling of the series.
watch anime because you like it!
Oct 2, 2009 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
story was good but the art and animation really disappointed me, it was incredibly blocky, although this episode was good only because of the fighting.
Feb 7, 2010 1:00 AM
Jun 2009
basara said:
the series itself was great. much better than I had expected, but it seems and I hope there is a third season of decode because there were way too many lose ends like the other alterian girl was taken to trial, senkawa's body not returned, natsugi's return to meet w/ senkawa, the alien obsessed photographer and nataru's whereabouts. well, at least that's all I can think of that's missing from the show, and I truly hope for a continuation.

I still haven't watched the 4 Ep OVA but i guess it's a retelling of the series.

the four episode ova was made way before and has a different storyline completely. closer to the mangas. the manga has two series since the first one was stopped or something due to the fact the writer thought there would be or was a lack of interest * or was this about the anime*
Mar 5, 2010 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
I loved the fight scenes! it seems I'm one of the few who actually liked the animation. I really hope for a third season.
Mar 11, 2010 4:06 AM

Dec 2009
nice anime, but i really hope that ther will be a third season! cause otherwise the visit of nakasugi at school ruins the whole anime for me...

why can't they just produce a final end? tsutomu meets nakasugi and birdy gets nataru and all will be happy, but no we have to use an open end...(just get the feeling that the directors allways hope for an continue in anime...)

hope for an third season!
Apr 18, 2010 8:30 PM
Dec 2009
simply amazing
May 23, 2010 3:23 PM
Apr 2009
Liri said:
The story was decent, it's got a good ending, however the animation for the action scenes are bad... a bit better than episode 7 tho.

That's a first lol. Most would consider the animation top notch, I could see where you're coming from tho, prob the art issue, but for me the style/animation > drawing. The style is awesome, I guess they could have upped the drawing a bit, but the sloppy style is sweet.

The story was decent, the fight scenes def. stood out in this ep, but everything was good, I liked the end. And that she ended up liking nataru instead of that kid lol.

Oh and the person adult nataru gave birdy to was young nataru right? But than he changed history, seeing as he was the one who dragged her out before.
SsjbryandoMay 23, 2010 3:30 PM
Jun 24, 2010 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
Just finished watching the second series after completing the first series a few days ago, and that I really enjoyed both series. I felt some more screen time was needed for Tsutomu, especially for the last episode as I thought he was majorly ignored and they could have at least done an after-events with him as well as Birdy.

As for the animation, I didn't hate it but didn't like it when it came to the battles.

I would like to see a third series or follow up from this.
Rated: 8/10

Note to self: Still got to watch OAVs ;)
Jul 11, 2010 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
i loved this season, i wouldnt say more then the first. but close. what i didnt like was that Birdy and Tsutomu didnt end up in love.....i was really hoping for that. well if they make a 3rd season theres a good change out it now that everyone is out of the say kinda.

i really hope they make another, cuz like what about Birdy and Tsutomu getting sepurated? they said i think it was at the beginig if this season that his body was beond repair or something like that, so are they never getting sepurated? or is it that there making him a whole new body and its taking them alot longer this time?

there too many things left open for there to never be anymore.
My Signature Is Signature.
Jul 23, 2010 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
The second season was 99% perfect, in my opinion. It had everything I look for in a show, and there wasn't one moment in the 12 episodes that I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat. It had my attention all the way through.

I'd rate it a 10/10. My only complaint would be that a few times during fight scenes the quality of the drawing would look really ugly. I ignored it because there was still so much energy in the fights that it made up for it.

I would love to see a third season, as there are a lot of un-answered questions. Season 2 finished back in March 2009, then awhile later Funimation bought out the show, and started subbing the Episodes and releasing them. The final episode was released by Funimation at the end of June 2010, so at this point in time it's possible they are starting on Season 3. I really hope so, I love this show.
Jul 27, 2010 10:06 AM
Sep 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Well, seeing as they still haven't explained Mr. Secret Agent Man and his employer, here's betting on a season 3.
Yeah, they totally -need- a third season, because they haven't even really touched on the main villain yet, Christella Revi. She, was in like, what... 2 minutes of one episode in the first season? It's been a couple years so I can't quite remember. I mean, yeah, her name has been mentioned in quite a few episodes, but actual scenes with -her- (or in that case, her silhouette) only occurred once, I think. As for Gomez, her supposed underling, I'm still not sure if he's truly a villain.

JadeMatrix said:
Actually, they could keep making seasons and I'd still watch it.
I hear you on that. This is one of my favorite series.

JadeMatrix said:
Most likely Nataru will return, as a minor character, just like Sayaka did.
Whether he does or doesn't return, I'd still watch it. The whole Birdy/Tsutomu dynamic and body sharing thing is what attracted me to the show in the first place. From a philosophical and metaphysical angle, I think it's a good concept to explore. I'd like to see some more shows that involve body sharing. It's like "walk a mile in another person's shoes" taken to a literal level. The whole, first person perspective, shows what it's like to live, even temporarily, as someone else. It's an interesting way of approaching empathy, anyway (in my opinion).
SolapharJul 27, 2010 10:17 AM
Aug 5, 2010 1:38 PM

May 2009
OK so in the end we only see what happens to birdy...
so, where's tsutomu in the middle of that?
i think that the end is very disappointing.
Sep 23, 2010 4:07 AM

Jun 2009
At the end Tsutomu and Nakasugi didn't meet, which makes me a little sad. Well the episode is okay. I can't rate this series a 9 because I think its the same as first season. Nothing special. So its 8/10. Also theres not a lot of Tsutomu in this season.

Oct 14, 2010 9:08 PM
Jan 2009
Life will rock when a third season comes out! I hope one comes in 2011.
Oct 23, 2010 1:00 AM
Jul 2009
I really wouldn't mind a third season even though quality seemed to really dip during the fight scenes. as long as they keep the solid story going as well that is. Kinda bums me out that there's no definitive end.

The whole time travel thing really surprised me. I really like anime that incorporate time travel.
Nov 15, 2010 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
WTF! There's no Sayaka x Tsutomu! I thought he and Birdy were two main characters, but poor boy was totally forgotten in the end of second season. I don't care about Nataru at all.

6/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who thinks this is an underrated anime?

asdcvvbbd1 - Dec 7, 2013

6 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Feb 16, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode:02 Episode 7 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

42 by nwssx »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:44 PM

» Faithfulness to the Manga

chrissnells - Feb 21, 2021

3 by nwssx »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode:02 Episode 11 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 27, 2009

8 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 26, 2020 5:32 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode:02 Episode 10 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 9, 2009

28 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 26, 2020 5:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.