Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think you'll switch any time in the future?
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
It's extremely inferior to MAL in every single way.
I honestly don't even see a point in switching at all, unless all my bros on MAL switch then I'll switch, but that'll never happen.
Ironic how the users that get banned constantly on MAL are mods at that site.
Aug 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
I honestly don't even see a point in switching at all, unless all my bros on MAL switch then I'll switch, but that'll never happen.
Well Tavor and Artstyle are mods. I believe users who are banned here do go there to at least play until their ban is over. Neanne, Yorozuya Ginsan, Feels, and TheAsap, so far though TheAsap has always been a regular over there.
Aug 21, 2013 10:01 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
But I like that everyone can use their own style. It's completely generic there, you won't even be able to change the color scheme IIRC.

Hmm they probably believe that, like facebook, the custom banner (and avatar) was more than enough to personalize your page. And personally, I'm on that boat too. But maybe they should add some minor personalization options, although I'm not sure if even color schemes will mesh together well, since the list is integrated into your profile rather than on a separate page, and because they have such a clear aesthetic that they're aiming for.
Revenant_Aug 21, 2013 10:07 PM
Aug 21, 2013 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
Well Tavor and Artstyle are mods. I believe users who are banned here do go there to at least play until their ban is over. Neanne, Yorozuya Ginsan, Feels, and TheAsap, so far though TheAsap has always been a regular over there.
What is there to do there? The forums is difficult to browse through.
Aug 21, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:

Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to. It's like all those shitty wannabe 4chan's people keep making when they get banned and think they'll somehow sink moot and become the next big thing. Then, oops, they find out why everyone there was banned and the whole place is just full of garbage shitting on itself, not to mention favoritism reigns supreme in those sorts of places.
Aug 21, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
What is there to do there? The forums is difficult to browse through.
Just chat on the forum a little or by comments, you kind of get used to the forum. I like the quote system(I've uploaded hundreds already). And since I can change my pic and stuff right away, I use it as an outlet for all the avatar and sig ideas I can't use here.

Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
But I like that everyone can use their own style. It's completely generic there, you won't even be able to change the color scheme IIRC.

Hmm they probably believe that, like facebook, the custom banner (and avatar) was more than enough to personalize your page. And personally, I'm on that boat too. But maybe they should add some minor personalization options, although I'm not sure if even color schemes will mesh together well, since the list is integrated into your profile rather than on a separate page, and because they have such a clear aesthetic that they're aiming for.
Yeah I believe that's what they are thinking, I don't like the default look though, so it's more painful to see it everywhere. I think there should at least be something on the side. Their lists feel huge, each entry is thick and the whole thing takes like 20 seconds to load.
Aug 21, 2013 10:12 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to.

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!

Aug 21, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah I believe that's what they are thinking, I don't like the default look though, so it's more painful to see it everywhere. I think there should at least be something on the side. Their lists feel huge, each entry is thick and the whole thing takes like 20 seconds to load.

Yeah, everything on general feels huge there, especially the feed and forums. I hope that they just do a universal font size and line spacing reduction. However, I quite like the default look tho.

Hah, my completed list only takes like 1-2 secs to load, but then again, it's only like 1/6th of how much you have ._.". But yeah, some optimizations definitely need to be made.
Aug 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2010
FacelessVixen said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to.

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!
He doesn't even go there anymore, just stopped one day.

Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yeah, everything on general feels huge there, especially the feed and forums. I hope that they just do a universal font size and line spacing reduction. However, I quite like the default look tho.

Hah, my completed list only takes like 1-2 secs to load, but then again, it's only like 1/6th of how much you have ._.". But yeah, some optimizations definitely need to be made.
Yeah and there's some sort of problem with my firefox or something. Everything is like double sized for me I believe. Could be something wrong with their code. I believe they have changed something with their font lately, the font type.

Yeah that could be a factor *shifty eyes*. It's still in beta so I'm still trying to keep an open mind with this stuff.
Aug 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Aug 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
FacelessVixen said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!

Maybe alcohol poisoning finally got him.

Aug 21, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2010
FacelessVixen said:
IntroverTurtle said:
FacelessVixen said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!

Maybe alcohol poisoning finally got him.
He was around here in the should tobacco be banned thread today.
Aug 22, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
Hummingbird? It looks OK, I'll wait a year or two before deciding to join.
I wouldn't switch though, can't I just use both?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 22, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2011
I joined, but I couldn't see much of an appeal to it. It has the same functions as MAL but with an uglier list, and the forum is quite boring compared to MAL's
Aug 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Harii said:
I joined, but I couldn't see much of an appeal to it. It has the same functions as MAL but with an uglier list, and the forum is quite boring compared to MAL's

Basically this. ^

I get that they want the layout to be stylish (in contrast to MAL's being old fashioned and outdated, which I don't see anything against though) but it's ridiculously uncomfortable to navigate.

Also, it just simply doesn't have that devilishly strange creepy charm that MAL has.

I won't go there unless MAL dies.
Aug 22, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
They have RWBY and Avatar listed. So, I jumped on board ASAP. Nevertheless, this site still has its uses.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 22, 2013 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to. It's like all those shitty wannabe 4chan's people keep making when they get banned and think they'll somehow sink moot and become the next big thing. Then, oops, they find out why everyone there was banned and the whole place is just full of garbage shitting on itself, not to mention favoritism reigns supreme in those sorts of places.

I would have to disagree there, for my case that is. Over time, I found myself questioning why I even enjoyed MAL in the first place. The answer? Because I thought it was amusing to "troll" or generally be an asshole on the forums (which you could say I balanced that by filing lots of reports). However, that started to run dry as I eventually felt too jaded being immersed in the community; wasn't a feeling I wanted to harbor for much longer (basically, my MAL forum avatar sums up what I felt like on the forums). Instead, I'm finding myself a lot more relaxed and easy going on the other "side" of the anime community.
Not to say I've regretted my time spent on MAL, as of course I've gained some MAL buddies here and there and still talk to them, I just don't prefer it on MAL much anymore.
When presented with someone that is able to have full control over his or her website and keeps it regularly updated, it's hard not to find it appealing over the one that... well, you know the story.

Anyway, just wanted to clear up that the bans had little to do with not favoring MAL as I can tell you all straight up front, those bans were indeed justified for my rash behavior of how I viewed the MAL forums as a playground to stir shit. If anything, I'm thankful for those bans because I did eventually get the message that just because the community is shaddy, doesn't mean I should contribute more shit to it. Though, I rather just not be a part of it overall.

Hope you understand :c
ShoryuAug 22, 2013 2:19 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Aug 22, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2012
KyuuAL said:
They have RWBY and Avatar listed. So, I jumped on board ASAP. Nevertheless, this site still has its uses.
Well hopefully you stop with the "Avatar and RWBY are anime just cuz!!!" arguments on here.
Aug 22, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Unit-01 said:
KyuuAL said:
Well hopefully you stop with the "Avatar and RWBY are anime just cuz!!!" arguments on here.

I just watched episode one.

I can see why it isn't listed as anime, and I agree.

It isn't.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 22, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Oh boy, here we go again...
But I agree with Mr. Feels.
Aug 22, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
Tavor said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I would have to disagree there, for my case that is. Over time, I found myself questioning why I even enjoyed MAL in the first place. The answer? Because I thought it was amusing to "troll" or generally be an asshole on the forums (which you could say I balanced that by filing lots of reports). However, that started to run dry as I eventually felt too jaded being immersed in the community; wasn't a feeling I wanted to harbor for much longer (basically, my MAL forum avatar sums up what I felt like on the forums). Instead, I'm finding myself a lot more relaxed and easy going on the other "side" of the anime community.
Not to say I've regretted my time spent on MAL, as of course I've gained some MAL buddies here and there and still talk to them, I just don't prefer it on MAL much anymore.
When presented with someone that is able to have full control over his or her website and keeps it regularly updated, it's hard not to find it appealing over the one that... well, you know the story.

Anyway, just wanted to clear up that the bans had little to do with not favoring MAL as I can tell you all straight up front, those bans were indeed justified for my rash behavior of how I viewed the MAL forums as a playground to stir shit. If anything, I'm thankful for those bans because I did eventually get the message that just because the community is shaddy, doesn't mean I should contribute more shit to it. Though, I rather just not be a part of it overall.

Hope you understand :c

R.I.P in peace.

You only YOLO once

I remember you edited my thing on the MAL wiki way back by the way.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 22, 2013 3:13 PM

Oct 2012
Feels said:

R.I.P in peace.

You only YOLO once

I remember you edited my thing on the MAL wiki way back by the way.

Haha, I only remember editing in "He loves Gears of Wars" and something about "likes to get into arguments"
At least that's the past, you're a much different person from what I remember (I think we got off on the wrong foot back then :p)

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Aug 22, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2008
Unit-01 said:
KyuuAL said:

You actually either have to pay me off - or kill me - to shut me up. Personally, I'd love to be on the "I don't care" camp; but someone has to be vocal about it, or it'll make things easier for people like you to oppress other's opinion's about it with the religiously and zealously indoctrinated one-line statement.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Aug 24, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
Mod Edit: This post was initially in a merged thread. It remains because it was quoted later.

Bah. While the thread lasts I'll answer.

Hummingbird is >>>>>>>>MAL. I use both for the community, but Hummingbird has a friendlier community, nice pictures and quotes, a news feed thing to follow what your friends are doing, has the ability to let the site editors know what you want and they actually listen, have added anime influenced titles to the database, and are planning on not only adding manga, but also visual novels to it.

I much prefer Hummingbird.
KinetaAug 24, 2013 1:52 PM
Aug 24, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
I've heard mal is becoming outdated and there's a lot of hackers around here
anyway I just found out about humminbird,I'm checking it out now

Mod Edit: Posts from merged thread compiled here
KinetaAug 24, 2013 1:51 PM
Aug 24, 2013 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
MAL > Hummingbird

Based on the fact that Hummingbird lacks any manga (at the current state)
Aug 24, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Bah. While the thread lasts I'll answer.

Hummingbird is >>>>>>>>MAL. I use both for the community, but Hummingbird has a friendlier community, nice pictures and quotes, a news feed thing to follow what your friends are doing, has the ability to let the site editors know what you want and they actually listen, have added anime influenced titles to the database, and are planning on not only adding manga, but also visual novels to it.

I much prefer Hummingbird.

ugh , news feeds reminds me of twitter... which is a bad thing. And no manga, means its already not as useful. Finally I don't want anime influenced titles with my anime, they can stay with what ever cartoon list database website is relevant.
Aug 24, 2013 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
It's pretty boring so far, though the site's still in beta and there's not many people there yet. We'll see in the future. I still prefer MAL.
Aug 24, 2013 1:50 PM
Oct 2011
HB is boring. Like seriously, what's fun in anime forums where people agree with you all the fucking time? :/ Not to mention the shit-ton of generic listing threads.
Aug 24, 2013 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
so far i prefer mal,but hb seems interesting too
Aug 24, 2013 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Miyukina said:
i really wish those form hummingbird like introverturle stop bumping this thread to give Josh the boost. I think spamming twitter saying that HB is better then MAL to MAL users is enough.
You have within you, I would hope, the capability to make your own decisions, hopefully, once again, after you've weighed the merits of every candidate action.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 24, 2013 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
Hummingbird doesn't have lupadim therefore is inferior to mal..
Aug 24, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
Miyukina said:
katsucats said:
Miyukina said:
i really wish those form hummingbird like introverturle stop bumping this thread to give Josh the boost. I think spamming twitter saying that HB is better then MAL to MAL users is enough.
You have within you, I would hope, the capability to make your own decisions, hopefully, once again, after you've weighed the merits of every candidate action.
People in general love to join a bandwagon and that is how i see it. Well part of it is a fact.
How does that affect you personally?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 24, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2012
the ppl on hb don't judge you as uch as those on mal
Aug 24, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2012
Miyukina said:
katsucats said:
Miyukina said:
katsucats said:
Miyukina said:
People in general love to join a bandwagon and that is how i see it. Well part of it is a fact.
How does that affect you personally?
http://imagetwist.com/crwpiwf0mg0r/Capture.JPG.html

@ In general: Don't come knocking on the door pretending you're friendly and cool when you're with two face.
And how does this affect you personally?

I can see you're somewhat of a MAL fanboy. I think holding mindless allegiances to any site -- any product, any thing -- is stupid, and in fact a trait that must be addressed in order to attain world peace.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 24, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
With the MAL hacker problem I've been on Hummingbird for a while and I have to say, their List has everything I wish MAL had. Rewatch counters, Avatar, good tags, private options. The layout looks great and the review format is excellent. Best part is the recommendation engine. It's absolutely spot-on. But the forums are a joke. I always wondered why MAL didn't allow listing threads "just give the people what they want" but my god it's boring. And the layout is completely unpractical. Once it's fully functional and most of the features that they want to implement are actually there, there's a good chance I'll use HB as my anime listing thingy.
Aug 24, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:
HB is boring. Like seriously, what's fun in anime forums where people agree with you all the fucking time? :/ Not to mention the shit-ton of generic listing threads.
They always do. I once got into an argument and it sounded like people were actually trying to break it up after less than a page. Why are you guys fighting, can't you accept other's opinions.

Lmfao! Sounds like a bunch of Hippies. That sucks.
Aug 24, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:
They always do. I once got into an argument and it sounded like people were actually trying to break it up after less than a page. Why are you guys fighting, can't you accept other's opinions.

Yeah nobody wants to have a different opinion there.
It'll change once it gets out of beta and the community grows bigger.
Aug 24, 2013 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:

It'll change once it gets out of beta and the community grows bigger.
Hopefully. Out of all the subtle digs I've made at people there, Josh is the only one to fight back.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 24, 2013 4:59 PM

Oct 2011
bump give more attention to HB
Aug 24, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
IntroverTurtle said:

What are you talking about? I feel like I'm fighting people in there too.

Aug 24, 2013 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
Even if I only recently joined MAL, I don't think I'll be leaving. The forums here are a good source of entertainment. :D
Aug 24, 2013 6:05 PM

Dec 2009
It seems boring.
Aug 24, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
The name is crap, the forum is ugly and i really doubt it will succeed in the way that the owner is hoping it will.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 24, 2013 6:24 PM

May 2013
The OP seems marketing Hummingbirdie or what that is called in here. He seems new to Mal, so how can he ask for a comparison on something he hasn't been into. okashii.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Aug 24, 2013 6:34 PM
Jul 2013
I don't have time for it.

Already am fine with what's here, it's gonna stick.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Aug 24, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2008
Removed some name-calling and pointless posts. Keep it civil and discuss ideas, not other users. Thanks.

I am a banana.
Aug 24, 2013 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
its been a couple of weeks and i still have not gotten my invitation to the website its not like i want to go there in the first place
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 24, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
beavis2323 said:
its been a couple of weeks and i still have not gotten my invitation to the website its not like i want to go there in the first place

What?
Just go there and sign up.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 24, 2013 6:47 PM
Sep 2012
EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

I'll probably stay on MAL. Can't imagine re-adding everything lol
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vote your Instinct Stacking based on the proper description. Afterwards, tell me what you think of the dramatic analogies in the spoiler if you want.

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Have you pushed yourself beyond your comfort zone

ST63LTH - May 6

14 by JaniSIr »»
24 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - 3 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
31 minutes ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

55 by vasipi4946 »»
34 minutes ago

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - May 6

41 by Romar »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.