Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yozakura Quartet' to Get a New TV Anime Series (Confirmed to Air in Fall 2013)

New
Apr 4, 2013 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
In a Niconico live program to celebrate the new OAD series of "Yozakura Quartet" and upcoming broadcast of "Devil Survivor 2 the Animation", Yasuda Suzuhito, the manga creator of Yozakura Quartet and character designer for Devil Survivor 2, announced there will be a new TV series for the manga "Yozakura Quartet". This new TV series will be a remake of the 2008 series with new anime original parts added. Yasuda Suzuhito also said that the screenplay for the series has already been completed. No other details are available yet.

The manga has 12 volumes published so far, and vol.13 will be released on April 9th.

The OAD series "Tsuki ni Naku" was announced earlier in March and will be sold as a bundle with the limited edition of the manga to be released in the future.

Source: Screenshot from Niconico video, Official anime website

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta on MAL
symbvJul 22, 2013 3:01 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
So a remake? No need to watch the older one, then. By the way, any studios?
Apr 4, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
This looks kind of interesting.

Hopefully the plot is at a max, and the harem antics are at a minimum. I don't want another Kore wa Zombie.
Apr 4, 2013 6:53 AM

May 2012
do want
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 4, 2013 6:56 AM

May 2008
Wasn't a new OVA announced earlier?

Edit: Well, the first series had it's charm too, but it was boring as hell. I hope this new series will be at least as good as the OVA was.
sayamiApr 4, 2013 11:52 AM
Apr 4, 2013 7:02 AM

Jul 2011
Great news since I dropped the 2008 version at the 3rd episode.
Apr 4, 2013 7:06 AM

May 2011
Another remake? Well count me in.
Apr 4, 2013 7:07 AM

Nov 2011
Might watch although this wasn't too surprising for me.
Apr 4, 2013 7:07 AM

Sep 2008
How many bites at the apple is this Manga going to get?

Apr 4, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Might watch although this wasn't too surprising for me.
Why do you think it is not too surprising? I am curious.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 4, 2013 7:12 AM
Sep 2012
Great if they're polishing up the story because the manga is fairly in the middle of the pack.
Apr 4, 2013 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Holy shiz, totally unexpected but amazing! It's truly a series that deserves it though, was already happy with the upcoming OVA arc, but this is it!
Apr 4, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2012
A remake huh. I will definitely watch this.
Apr 4, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm a remake? I liked the old version so I'll be curious
Apr 4, 2013 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
Uhm I haven't watched the older T.V Version, but sincea Remake is happening I'll wait til then.
Apr 4, 2013 7:39 AM

Nov 2010
I knew it was a remake, the past series was crap.
Apr 4, 2013 7:54 AM

Feb 2010
Is the manga so successful or why does it get a remake after just 5 years + a new OVA?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 4, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
I will watch it, maybe? I hope that they use the same cast (I love KajiKaji's voice for Akina).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 4, 2013 8:01 AM

Mar 2012
Haven't read the manga in a while, but a whole TV series is great instead of several OVAs.

Wonder how different the style will be though.
Apr 4, 2013 8:21 AM

Jul 2010
Should one skip the older one and just go for this or watch em both?
Apr 4, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
Homestuck said:
The old one was trash, homie. Don't bother with it.

^_-
Apr 4, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2007
Nice, I hope it will finally get the adaptation it deserves.
Apr 4, 2013 8:41 AM

Jun 2011
Liked the news
now i dont need to watch the OVA's
Apr 4, 2013 8:49 AM

Jul 2009
Drizzy_Drake said:
Homestuck said:

^_-

Actually, I think you should watch both. If you haven't really read the manga, the first adaptation is actually good. I watched the series around the same time I was reading the manga (if I recall correctly), and I actually enjoyed both the anime and the manga equally.
Buuuuuttt...that's just me. I think I might be one of the few who don't mind when anime adaptations don't go off of the manga series entirely.

For sake of time, you could probably get away with just the second TV adaptation.

On another note...
Both a new OVA and TV series?!?! <3<3<3
Apr 4, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
Old series was fine, I don't really see any reason to remake it other than making it more faithful to the original. Oh wait...
with new anime original parts added
Guaranteed failure. Now I really see no reason for this new series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2012
The old one is rated quite low. Hope this remake can add the lady protagonist some spice and wit.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Apr 4, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Is the manga so successful or why does it get a remake after just 5 years + a new OVA?

Well, it sold 71k with vol. 12 last August and there isn't another entry for it, which makes this sudden OVA + remake somewhat confusing. Any news on that symbv? Also, do we have a studio name? Also, this thread reminds me, I should start reading this again.
Apr 4, 2013 9:16 AM

Oct 2011
Great news!!!!
Apr 4, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
hmm truthfully told i didn't enjoy the original that much so a remake got me interested
Apr 4, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Well, it sold 71k with vol. 12 last August and there isn't another entry for it, which makes this sudden OVA + remake somewhat confusing. Any news on that symbv? Also, do we have a studio name?
I do not see any particular speculation why the publisher chooses to push the manga now (which seems to be the reason behind the anime-making). As for studio, the talk is that the same studio (Tatsunoko Pro) which did the earlier OAD will stay on, as is the cast of seiyuu, but it has not yet been officially confirmed yet.

Apr 4, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
As for studio, the talk is that the same studio (Tatsunoko Pro) which did the earlier OAD will stay on, as is the cast of seiyuu, but it has not yet been officially confirmed yet.
Then it's not worth wasting even one minute on it. Character design and animation were plain horrid there. And I have no idea how they accomplished it but even the same voice actors sounded worse in that OVA.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
The original was pretty entertaining. But of course, I'm a thigh-high fanatic. Can't wait to see a remake.

Apr 4, 2013 10:13 AM

May 2010
The first season is quite a decent anime to watch. I hope the re-make of Yozakura Quartet will come out with some amazing story which can captive my eye to watch it seriously.
Apr 4, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2010
I was curious about the 2008 version, so now I'm waiting for this one ;)
Apr 4, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2011
Antanaru said:
Old series was fine, I don't really see any reason to remake it other than making it more faithful to the original. Oh wait...

Seriously, nothing is certain so don't talk as if you know it all. I just don't like the way you said it
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Oct 2008
I actually rather liked the first series. The opening was pretty amazing, too (both the song and visual concept), it's still one of my favorites.
But more Yozakura Quartet is always good news, so I'll definitely be watching this one.

tsubasalover said:
I will watch it, maybe? I hope that they use the same cast (I love KajiKaji's voice for Akina).

Same here. I also rather liked Fukuen Misato as Hime, so I hope they won't switch to different voice actors.
Apr 4, 2013 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
I still haven't seen the older version. DD: I guess I'll give it a try then.
Apr 4, 2013 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
Natsu12345 said:
Antanaru said:

Seriously, nothing is certain so don't talk as if you know it all. I just don't like the way you said it
"Nothing is certain" is a bullshit. And in this case you can be pretty damn sure it will end up in a failure as almost any other series full of "anime original parts". Aside from bad character design and animation fillers are what is killing most adaptations. And if they do a remake for a sole purpose of adding more fillers, which were main source of complains in case of first series, than what more can I say.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2013 4:17 PM

May 2007
I'm hoping this will prompt more OVA's like the 'Hoshi no Umi' adaptation, I really wanna seethe Song of Flowers arc animated.

But yeah, I love this series no matter the adaptation, so I'm really looking forward to this!

Apr 4, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Antanaru said:
Natsu12345 said:
Antanaru said:

"Nothing is certain" is a bullshit. And in this case you can be pretty damn sure it will end up in a failure as almost any other series full of "anime original parts". Aside from bad character design and animation fillers are what is killing most adaptations. And if they do a remake for a sole purpose of adding more fillers, which were main source of complains in case of first series, than what more can I say.

How are you supposed to know? Zetsuen had a few anime original parts, but it ended up fine. And just because they say 'new anime original parts' doesn't mean that the anime will be full of fillers; they may just be variations of some scenes in the manga or something.

Either way, 'nothing is certain' is not bullshit the reason being is that nothing really is certain until you actually witness it. There can be a 90% chance of snow tomorrow, but it's not certain it's going to snow. Almost, yes, but it's not a 100% so therefore it's not certain.

In that sense, it's not certain it's going to be a failure. If the anime gets more than 50% of people who watched it to enjoy it, it's not a failure.

One more thing; fillers are not always bad. When overused, they are. And when they're the replacement of plot, they are. But sometimes they're placed for breathers.
LaciieApr 4, 2013 4:22 PM
Apr 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
I read the first chapter of the manga some time ago, so I barely remember anything about it. But seems like something I'll enjoy ^^
Apr 4, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
Antanaru said:
My thoughts exactly... why remake it if you're not going to stick the manga, again. I would be more optimistic about the whole anime-only parts if they didn't do it so horribly the first time around.

BEGINNER
Apr 4, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2010
That's pretty sick. I never watched the old one because I've heard some not-so-good things about it when compared to the manga (which I think is pretty tight).
Apr 4, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
fluxin42 said:
Drizzy_Drake said:
Homestuck said:

^_-

Actually, I think you should watch both. If you haven't really read the manga, the first adaptation is actually good. I watched the series around the same time I was reading the manga (if I recall correctly), and I actually enjoyed both the anime and the manga equally.
Buuuuuttt...that's just me. I think I might be one of the few who don't mind when anime adaptations don't go off of the manga series entirely.

For sake of time, you could probably get away with just the second TV adaptation.

On another note...
Both a new OVA and TV series?!?! <3<3<3

Ah who am I kidding I'll probably do it all.

Read the manga last so the changes are just puzzling as opposed to rage inducing.
Apr 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Nice. The anime version of Yozakura was pretty bad, but I read a bit of the manga and liked it a lot. Hopefully this go around is better.

Apr 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2008
probably will pick this up since i didn't really satisfied with the older ones....

Apr 5, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2011
been waiting for ages for this, the 2008's definitely not good enough, but the manga is always interesting.

can't wait
Apr 5, 2013 3:20 AM
Jun 2009
I hope they get the Hoshi no Umi crew back, that OVA had a lot of great action bits.
Apr 5, 2013 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
oh GREAT!

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Apr 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2012
The remake is great, if only they stick with the original. Why no make new OAD like Hoshi no Umi arc? Crying in the Moonlight or Walking Pilgrimage is good
I'm a noob
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
7 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
Today, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.