Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh that little cat is cute at the beginning there.

So, Yamato and Mei goes on a cute date and bowling. Also, a nice talk between the two while raining. I found the ending of the episode to be a little strange and disturbing with the glass and reflection.

Oct 20, 2012 10:47 AM

Nov 2007
Date for the pair as officially in relations. lol @ the hand gesture / dance by Mei and her mother. Meeting another couple, especially that first rival. Wow, her bowling!!

There were problems for everyone, even for the guy. One kiss in the ep.

Stark700 said:
I found the ending of the episode to be a little strange and disturbing with the glass and reflection.

Showing she still has fear from the past self (being fat).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2012 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
Stark700 said:
I found the ending of the episode to be a little strange and disturbing with the glass and reflection.

Showing she still has fear from the past self (being fat).

Oh I see, thanks. It's been awhile since I've read the manga.

Stark700Oct 20, 2012 10:32 PM
Oct 20, 2012 2:08 PM

Jun 2008
The picture at the end was sooo beautiful. <3 And I'm liking the ending song more and more. Btw, is it just me or did Aiko have more weight in the manga (before she lost weight)?
Oct 20, 2012 5:36 PM

Aug 2011
Face_Faith said:
The picture at the end was sooo beautiful. <3 And I'm liking the ending song more and more. Btw, is it just me or did Aiko have more weight in the manga (before she lost weight)?

Yeah, past!Aiko was more fat in the anime than the anime.
Oct 20, 2012 10:12 PM

Aug 2011
Some reason I'm feeling for Aiko right now. I don't have a connection with the main couple yet.
Oct 20, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2010
Aiko is a little messed up.
Oct 20, 2012 10:24 PM

Apr 2010
I guess they're having the Aiko arc before the beach trip and the Hayasaka arc.

I really wish they didn't exclude Masashi from Aiko's flashback. He's kind of an important part of Aiko's character.

@Face_Faith: Yes, her weight was a lot more noticeable in the manga.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 20, 2012 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
I'm a bit confused, did Yamato and Aiko actually do anything or did Aiko lie about it, because Mie never really asked him about it...

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 20, 2012 10:44 PM

Nov 2011
QuiGonJon said:
I'm a bit confused, did Yamato and Aiko actually do anything or did Aiko lie about it, because Mie never really asked him about it...

she didnt ask yet in anime but

Oct 20, 2012 10:51 PM

Jul 2012
Morridine said:
QuiGonJon said:

she didnt ask yet in anime but

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 20, 2012 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yeah, past! Aiko was more fat in the anime than the anime.

I dunno what you meant there. Maybe you meant manga for the first "anime" in your comment above there.

Wow! Super drop in animation quality. Way to go Zexcs. They cannot be what they are without a bad-animation-day episode of any of their series at least once in the run. I hope they pick up the quality from next episode.

Overall, a pretty decent episode but yeah, typical shoujoish.

3.5/5 for the last 5 mins. The entire episode otherwise was pretty boring. Especially the whole bowling thing.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 20, 2012 11:11 PM

May 2011
So everyone has its own secrets as we learn in this episode.

Great as usual.
Oct 20, 2012 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
An average episode centered on Yamato's past
Oct 20, 2012 11:31 PM

May 2012
I don't like Aiko.. :(
Oct 21, 2012 12:32 AM

Jan 2011
This anime is starting to get a bit of a School Days kind of feel for me...

Aiko is just screwed up IMO
She is crazy over Yamato yet she just had sex (?) with that other guy. This makes me feel quite sad for the other guy though, he might seriously love her...

A turkey! Mei is just godly in bowling haha
In the end, she didn't get to go to the parlor... But she might look nicer with long hair though.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 21, 2012 12:38 AM

Jul 2012
Didn't like this as much as the 2 episodes before. It was kind of slow which I feel doesn't really fit in this kind of anime. I really hope Mei is over her I-don't-know-why-he-likes-me attitude because that would be kind of tiring. And they introduced Mei's enemy? Characters like her always annoy me, invading in other people's personal live's while ignoring other people's feelings and just jumping to conclusions. Well I guess they've got to stir up some drama so it's fine. I wonder how many girls Yamato had sex with, he kissed every girl in school (or is it just a rumor?) so he must have had sex with several girls. That will probably also bother Mei. I hope next episode will have a faster pace.
noturaiOct 21, 2012 12:41 AM
Oct 21, 2012 12:42 AM
Sep 2012
i thought the first two episodes were amazing..but compared to them i felt this one was quite off at different parts and the animation of the character movement seemed have degraded a little. But still love the anime..hope it gets better in episode 4 :)
Oct 21, 2012 1:17 AM

Nov 2009
Er well personally, I think this episode was way better than the 2 first episode, when kissing and stuff happened so randomly and char developments were mediocre at best, they were literally non-existed. No, faster pace will just ruin the show(which couldn't be worst already), it needs slow pace episodes like this.

This episode gave us a bit of Yamato's past, what did he see in Mei( perhaps her straight forward attitude that made him fall for her). Remember what he said about his past, he ignore his bullied friend, and acted like nothing was happened. Meanwhile, Mei kicked his friend, felt like she gave them a warning "don't mess with me", what if he could do the same thing when he was in middle school? Be straight to people around him. He could be able to save his friend from bullying if he had spoken out his mind. On the other hand, Mei understood Yamato better, not as just a hottie who attracts every girls he met. It seems like Mei was the first girl he shared his thoughts with!?

So, what he saw in Mei was, a person who can change him, and that's what I was looking for when I watched Sukitte, not just randomly kissing girls around and have sex with them.

Btw, If he has sex already, it would make his image incredibly bad ... cause hottie play boy doesn't really need development ...
Takana_no_HanaOct 21, 2012 1:31 AM
Oct 21, 2012 1:49 AM

Oct 2010
Kind of irritated at the differences from the manga. I guess I can't complain about them leaving out some stuff (regarding Aiko), since it is only an adaptation, but I wish they'd shown her "before" self fatter, like in the manga (someone already posted a link). I relate to her so much, so I'm kind of wishing they didn't 'censor' out bits of her character.

Other than that, an alright episode.

Takana_no_Hana said:
faster pace will just ruin the show, it needs slow pace episodes like this.
Oct 21, 2012 2:04 AM

Dec 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
Btw, If he has sex already, it would make his image incredibly bad ... cause hottie play boy doesn't really need development ...

Then

Oct 21, 2012 2:59 AM

Oct 2011
I didn't read the manga so I don't know what will happen in the next episodes
But I'm really beginning to hate Yamato, I think he is just a playboy
I hope they proves me wrong in the upcoming episodes though
Oct 21, 2012 3:20 AM

Sep 2008
I liked it alot, I hate Aiko though. Being in a relationship and even sleeping with them while being in love with somebody else is stupid.

Looks like Yamato is in fact just a playboy judging from the episodes so far and the spoilers in this thread.
Oct 21, 2012 3:36 AM
Feb 2009
wtf slutt
Oct 21, 2012 3:42 AM

Apr 2012
I thought that the relationship between Mei and Yamato developed really quicky, too quickly... Well no matter, the backstory to Yamato was indeed my favourite part of the episode. Conflict between Aiko and Mei? Hell Yes.
Oct 21, 2012 4:24 AM

Jun 2011
This is getting more and more pathetic. The biggest turn off is the fact that the two leads became a couple at the drop of a hat. Secondly, indecisive female leads are plain irritating.
Oct 21, 2012 4:37 AM
Jun 2008
well give more past learning develop give mei going with yamato on a parlor/date give til here come aiko.

yea give mei good in bowling then aiko being bit heel on mei cause she want yamato give in her past over ho-ski herself for another til got used & then fall for yamato.

also look yamato's past give punch a well cause person knew has left after hearing mei & yamato kiss while now aiko might over ho-ski to get yamato.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 21, 2012 6:38 AM

Jun 2008
Hmmm... I wonder why they changed Aiko's weight then...

With only 13 episodes, I'm sure the anime won't cover the manga up to Megumi's arc. Which is sad because I liked how
Oct 21, 2012 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
SkyTate said:

In the end, she didn't get to go to the parlor... But she might look nicer with long hair though.

In the manga she does look better with longer hair
Oct 21, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Surprising revelation about Yamato's past good thing he is allot more straight forward now that he was in Junior high.
And Mei is starting to trust him so there relationship is forming nicely.
The cliffhanger with Aiko walking over broken mirrors in her imagination doesn't predict much good.

Matas said:
I liked it alot, I hate Aiko though. Being in a relationship and even sleeping with them while being in love with somebody else is stupid.
I can't say i hate her but i do agree she makes some wrong choices.
First there is her previous relationship she was trying so hard to be the perfect girlfriend that she forgot to be herself and in the end she got dumped for it.
Instead of trying to be something else it's better to be yourself if your lover can't except that they aren't worth to be your lover.
Oct 21, 2012 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
DAT opening. Why did it have to be the singer of Furuba? XD *ends rant

so-so episode.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 21, 2012 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
Face_Faith said:
Hmmm... I wonder why they changed Aiko's weight then...

With only 13 episodes, I'm sure the anime won't cover the manga up to Megumi's arc. Which is sad because I liked how

Oct 21, 2012 8:21 AM

Jul 2012
I like their eyes design :)
Oct 21, 2012 8:57 AM

May 2012
>Kissed pretty much every girl in school
>Randomly had casual sex with desperate, shallow girl
>Is typical shoujo hot guy that every girl likes for some reason

My respect for Yamato's character is decreasing by the episode. Not a bad episode overall, better than the last one imo.

3.5/5
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Oct 21, 2012 10:44 AM

Feb 2011
Very cute , it's like my second fave anime this season . I really love this romance
Oct 21, 2012 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
Ooh Yamato, you're so sweet.

Oct 21, 2012 11:00 AM
Sep 2012
Aversa said:
Matas said:
I can't say i hate her but i do agree she makes some wrong choices.
First there is her previous relationship she was trying so hard to be the perfect girlfriend that she forgot to be herself and in the end she got dumped for it.
Instead of trying to be something else it's better to be yourself if your lover can't except that they aren't worth to be your lover.
They're both looking for the affections of others where ever they can get it to fill an emptiness inside of them.

Aiko was really lonely. She desperately looking for someone how would see her for who she really was and she latched on to the first guy that did see her that way. As fate would have it, it was Yamato.

Yamato is looking for redemption for the shame he felt for not being there for the friend he cared about. He doesn't like the person he turned out to be and doesn't like the kind of attention of people who only see him as that hot guy or the ladies man. He too wants Mei to see him for who he truly is inside/wants to be.

This episode wasn't as good as the other two but it's still really good. I loved that Yamato and Mei are opening up to each other.
IconicOct 21, 2012 11:43 AM
Oct 21, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
So in other words, teenagers are stupid. :D

Loved the episode though, with great character development.

I have a bad feeling Yamato is going to make a huge dick move sooner or later.
Oct 21, 2012 11:32 AM
Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
So in other words, teenagers are stupid. :D
Of course they are. That's been established with the countless soaps airing on TV.
MellowJello said:
Loved the episode though, with great character development.

I have a bad feeling Yamato is going to make a huge dick move sooner or later.
I'm pretty sure they both will. It would boring or a very short anime if stuff didn't happen.
Oct 21, 2012 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
I can't stand this yamato dude. Think im ganna drop this series purely because of him.
Oct 21, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
So Yamato does really love her, but it seems he loves a lot of girls at the same time. He even had sex with one (I guess it's true). I don't like him at all...
This is entertaining though, so I won't drop it (yet?).
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 21, 2012 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Nice development! Good to see that Mr. Perfect has some flaws as well. But I still deem him as a Playboy. :D 4/5 for this episode.

Masashi is HOT. Aiko is kind of bitchy right now. But we'll probably see her have a 180 later, if I'm correct.

Judging by this picture:
Oct 21, 2012 12:09 PM
Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
So Yamato does really love her, but it seems he loves a lot of girls at the same time. He even had sex with one (I guess it's true). I don't like him at all...
This is entertaining though, so I won't drop it (yet?).
I don't think that he ever loved any girl other than Mei.

I think that he just slept with Aiko because he felt obligated to and at the same time, felt sorry for her. He saw that she was crying, in pain, and didn't want to put her in any more agony. It's a pathetic excuse, but I think that's what happened with Aiko.

The other girls he probably kissed just to get them off his back since they just keep on coming without end. If he didn't, they would keep on hitting on and nagging him to no end.
IconicOct 21, 2012 12:20 PM
Oct 21, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
I'm really shock that so many people dislike Yamato. I thought he was one of the most nicest characters in the anime and manga.

Anyways I enjoyed this episode. The only problem I have is that Yamato and Mei started dating pretty fast. I read the manga, but the anime seems go through events so fast for some reason.
Oct 21, 2012 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
This show is not really doing it for me. I don't find the relationship between the main characters believable at all (do they need to fit at least one kiss into every episode?) and this new plot is so obviously just a way to arbitrarily antagonize someone to make the main couple look so much more "romantic" or something because, through everything, he's going to choose Mei. And the way they play up Kurosawa is suffocating. I facepalmed when he said he wasn't good enough.
Oct 21, 2012 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
I really like what Mei said at the end and how she wants to change. I've seen so many other shows where the characters don't admit that and it gets needlessly dragged on with drama that isn't compelling. The conflict in this episode I found to be pretty real with the way it was approached.

It was a little iffy when Kurosawa saying that he felt he was the one hiding. I can see where he's coming from but it's definitely small problems when comparing it to other peoples. I'll let it pass though since it wasn't that much of a dealbreaker
Oct 21, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
Dropped i cant stand Yamato.
Oct 21, 2012 2:30 PM
Oct 2012
I can honestly say I love the anime, and sadly i can relate to Mei. She does't feel good enough. I really don't either. I get people are getting tired of her asking "why are you with me?" But it's like I still question that to my boyfriend since everyone loves him, and I just left that whole "friend" thing behind. I don't know, I kinda wish everyone would stop saying it's annoying. It's actually pretty relating to me. And well the episode was just a let down to me. I kind of hate how much Yamato has done with girls. And yea I found out about Aiko, which changes my whole perspective. I can't hate this episode, but it feels like it will go down hill for this relationship. I hope he really is like a player popular guy, cause if i were Mei, I wouldn't take it much anymore.
Oct 21, 2012 2:53 PM

Sep 2012
Best episode of this anime so far. I really liked Aiko, she is self-destructive it's good to see a shoujo character suffering not just because her BF is an asshole but because she doesn't know how to act when she's in love.

Yamato got some background and I'm glad we finally understand why he loves Mei.

meepsheep said:
Good to see that Mr. Perfect has some flaws as well. But I still deem him as a Playboy. :D 4/5 for this episode.

He is a playboy, but even they can fall in love and change after that.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

Then

You have a bad image of someone because he already had sex. lolwhut?!
Oct 21, 2012 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
GaZsTiC said:
Everyone is a Whore: The Animation.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.