Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 27, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh wow, that loli (Athena) has a real goal on her mind this time being a rouge and all even with that new appearance.

But even with that more mature appearance, she's still the same bitch. Also, lol'd @ car scene. Priceless ^_-.

GG though, Athena. GG.
KinetaSep 11, 2012 10:57 AM
Jul 27, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
I like how Erica always has a good answer for all of Godou's problems, she's such a good harem #1 haha
Jul 27, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
LordAkbar said:
I like how Erica always has a good answer for all of Godou's problems, she's such a good harem #1 haha

This

She's still taking opportunities to kiss him and not for the intended purpose like in mid episode to power Godou up.

Godou's sword curing Yuri of the ailment Athena inflicted on her was surprising.

Athena is insanely powerful in her original form able to use a shield to block Godou's summon and actually injure him, good thing Erica came just in time with the Longinius so he could defeat her while she was absorbing the summon, it made a nice hole in her afterward, I wish she healed that gaping hole in her chest, it's a bit disturbing to see a big hole like that on a loli and she can't die anyway.

Jul 27, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Well Erica is the #1 and she isnt going to lose that position either lol even if he 'likes/loves other people as long as he loves her the most' kinda thing. Besides shes his best fit anyway. And Good work Erica-sama
Jul 27, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
I find Athena with the bow in the following,

Was well done. Nice face and serious stance. The setup with light around her shows how glorious as much as the light of God whom is the father of Jesus is.

However I find her face up close in the spoiler
to be rather made to tempt and lust. I find her body composition rather on purpose in the breast department. One needs a simple glance at how they protrude out of her clothing to see fan service plastering.

However in the spoiler
it shows more. The ornament on her head with the light was however quite nice and generous as a detail to her. As Athena indeed did receive that reward at one point for doing quite a good job/task she had.

Finally Athena in the following,

A rather nice way of displaying the snakes. The negative energy is well presented there.

Other than that Campione is quickly becoming a Erica in lust and heat anime. Where seems the saliva exchange and kissing only act as means of wanting to have that experience therefore going to get a girl IRL. IMO this will be a failure. There will be no Otaku nor anyone for that matter that could find a girl like Erica to do what she does to the MC. I wonder if the people in charge of this anime are having a knack for French kissing depiction + saliva à la Nazo x Kanojo + the lustful atmosphere?

That being said the means of fan service of this series and the making fun of the multi elements among them Greek Gods is starting to make me wonder if this is some form of hatred towards Greece or better yet why is done as it is done. It was never implied in anime such stances against a particularly culture or cultures.

That having been mentioned. I am just looking in this series at the action and what it has to offer in that field. I would also like to wonder if this is some feeble attempt at showing humans being able to steal God powers and use them against other of the same kin in a effort to prove humans control Gods and not them?

Too bad Athena lost, too bad they show list bits of her body. I would never lust for that. I love Athena as a Goddess and part of Greek myths not some anime that makes fun of her. Too bad MC did not suffer or get killed. I would have wanted it like that. Too bad Athena never does more than what she was shown in this episode.

So far it all pans out as main themes or goals from the creator/producer/director of this anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 27, 2012 11:07 AM

Jul 2011
pretty nice ep, loved the action scenes!
Jul 27, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty good episode, but it felt like the action part was lacking something, can't really say what though.
Jul 27, 2012 11:13 AM
Jun 2011
The infinite swords reminds me of Mami's infinite rifles.

Other than that, the episode is pretty good.
Jul 27, 2012 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
CapnDavid said:
The infinite swords reminds me of Mami's infinite rifles.

Other than that, the episode is pretty good.

Reminds me more of Gate of Babylon NP~
Jul 27, 2012 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
Really good, I figured that Athena was going to be spared, perfect set up for her to be a good guy later on.
Jul 27, 2012 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
Are all these mythologies in this anime correct? Or is it altered/made up?
Jul 27, 2012 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Week ago i was ready to drop this after today's episode...but what the hell.It wasnt that terrible.Less kissing and random talking, more action.Im confused, i will watch next episode too i guess <_<.
Jul 27, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
Obligatory "UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Other than that I liked the episode. Nice action, although why did Athena have to regress to a loli. :(
Jul 27, 2012 12:06 PM
Jan 2011
Wow there is that Fate/Stay night kinda thing there.
Jul 27, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
That is undoubtedly, Unlimited Blade Works vs Gate of Babylon.
Jul 27, 2012 12:54 PM

Feb 2012
Good ep.

Hoping the harem builds up next ep. Curious how Liliana and Ena fit into it ;D. Can't wait to see it happen!

Three of my fav seiyuu together in a harem. Dream come true!
Jul 27, 2012 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
Great ep, and now he has harem girls by number wonderful. It seems to be getting better now :) anyone know how many episodes it's set for? my guess around the 20 line but then again i haven't read the novels perhaps i will soon enough.
Jul 27, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
KaitoDash said:
That is undoubtedly, Unlimited Blade Works vs Gate of Babylon.

lol, this.

Have to give credit to Erica though. She knows what she wants.
Jul 27, 2012 1:27 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome ep. Before this episode, I thought this anime was kinda meh...but holy crap was that fight scene cool. I just loved how they went after each other with a whole bunch of different mythical weapons. It was fun to watch.
Jul 27, 2012 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
Kurogashi said:

Myths, being what they are, have many different version. This particular episode draws on various versions of the origin of Athena. So yes, they are in a sense, "correct".
Jul 27, 2012 1:37 PM

May 2010
was ok..... kinda Fate/nightish, and yes Erica is #1 in my book as well, need to rewatch later on was playing 3s while i was watching it haha.
Jul 27, 2012 1:48 PM

May 2011
So Athena has been defeated.

Godou's life will be more interesting.
Jul 27, 2012 2:18 PM
Jun 2011
He threw that lance like a BOSS!
Jul 27, 2012 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
Well this was probably my favorite episode since the first one. The fight was pretty well done, even if it did play out a bit like Unlimited Blade Works + a mythology lesson.
Jul 27, 2012 2:45 PM

Oct 2010
Kurogashi said:
Both. It's called Japanese MISH MASH. Taking elements that are real and making or adding some. Ultimately it's what your brain knows and can distinguish based on knowledge.

That's how I know Athena's breasts and ways were made for fan service appeal of the mass viewers. Easily. Athena was never shown with breasts that big let alone having them out like that.

If you want a perverted object of lust Aphrodite needs to be shown not Athena.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 27, 2012 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
MissileSoup said:
Kurogashi said:

Myths, being what they are, have many different version. This particular episode draws on various versions of the origin of Athena. So yes, they are in a sense, "correct".

Thanks.
I was just wondering where they were basing all this stuff off of.

Nonetheless, definitely enjoying this anime! For the girls, and for the 'plot'!
Jul 27, 2012 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
Good action, but a bit dialogue heavy. overall pretty solid.

Erica gives permission to add Maria to his harem lol. As long as she's the #1. Well those 2 being #1 and 2 would be fine with me.

Athena went back to being a loli though, too bad.
Jul 27, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
The kissing is so.. realistic. Interesting >.< In a regular anime, I would probably find it gross, but here it's kinda sexy. Lol.

Good episode though. The fight scene was actually very well-done, and the mythology was engaging.

Honestly though, I would like to see GoudouxMariya. They seem cute together.
Jul 27, 2012 3:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Silly, but fun.

mystik said:
Athena went back to being a loli though, too bad.
Yeah, I liked her 'mature' form much better.

MissileSoup said:
Kurogashi said:

Yep, though as Yumekichi11@ said there is a fair amount of 'liberal' interpretations for sure ;)

Hmm. Need to dig out some of my more obsure references. Athens, named after its patron goddess, was old long before the classical period of Greece. For instance, I wonder what, if anything, Sir Frazer had to say about Athena...
Jul 27, 2012 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
That girl sure can kiss, for Godou to be her "first" love, she sure is a damn pro, working the shit out that tongue.

Anyway, good episode.I remember last week we discussed how some people wondered why Athena had to kiss him, and this week proved what I was saying. She didn't actually HAVE to, but she wanted to "flair it up" if you will, and she did seem interested in him. By now, she probably wants the dick, so more power to him.

iLostReason said:
Week ago i was ready to drop this after today's episode...but what the hell.It wasnt that terrible.Less kissing and random talking, more action.Im confused, i will watch next episode too i guess <_<.

Oh no, you got your wish with for no harem plox with Oda. Campione on the other hand is getting the Harem lusty hot sexiness in complete form, just how I like it :D Something for everyone this season.
Tenchi_RyuJul 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Jul 27, 2012 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
Well, that was awesome.
A rather well done fight against Athena, i liked how Godou actually used words against her, until last week it seemed a bit retarded but in actual fight that shit works damn well, at least no power-ups from monkey's ass like in any other generic shonen. One thing i found weak in that fight was how the lance pierced through Athena so easily, it even went through with the same speed as before. Sure it's godly stuff there, but a body is bound to provide some resistance to the piercing it lance. Still a good fight.

Also goddamn kisses in this show, how can they make them so hot? Nevermind fanservice, just give me more kisses like that. <3
Hoping for 2nd best girl to appear soon, i just know she'll be the second best, because Erika is perfection.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 27, 2012 4:13 PM
Jul 2012
Tenchi_Ryu said:
That girl sure can kiss, for Godou to be her "first" love, she sure is a damn pro, working the shit out that tongue.

Anyway, good episode.I remember last week we discussed how some people wondered why Athena had to kiss him, and this week proved what I was saying. She didn't actually HAVE to, but she wanted to "flair it up" if you will, and she did seem interested in him. By now, she probably wants the dick, so more power to him.

Athena had to kiss him because the only way for Godou or any Campione to be affected by Magic is by direct transport of Magic to the body.
Jul 27, 2012 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
Graft said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Athena had to kiss him because the only way for Godou or any Campione to be affected by Magic is by direct transport of Magic to the body.

She could have been a prick and spit in his mouth lol.
Jul 27, 2012 4:25 PM
Jul 2012
Tenchi_Ryu said:

She could have been a prick and spit in his mouth lol.

Then that wouldn't be a kiss of death magic. Spit of death magic sounds weird lol.
Jul 27, 2012 6:14 PM
Oct 2010
unlimited blade works lulz win.. even got some tongue action there. bastard
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 27, 2012 6:37 PM

Jan 2012
The episode was better than I thought it would be. Not dropped!
Jul 27, 2012 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
I like the mythologies! But don't know how much correct are they..

Anyways... wet kisses, but not great episode. XD
^_~
Jul 27, 2012 8:32 PM

Nov 2007
Erica will never be my history teacher ;_;
Jul 27, 2012 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Still watching this for Erica..hope the other girls can keep up with her.
Jul 27, 2012 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
Mariya seems a lot more submissive in this adaptation. Usually she's a "Ojou-san" in Goudou's face denouncing his "lascivious relationship" with Erica Lawl.
Jul 27, 2012 10:09 PM

Jul 2010
adult athena hot.... too bad her voice is still child -.-
Jul 27, 2012 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
Wow... they finally balanced the romance, drama, perversion, and action properly... I'm impressed that it only took 2 and a half failures before they got it right.

Not to mention, Godou made a Goddess who was a queen fall for him... he's quite the impressive man. Now that I think about it more, there aren't many people that could move a Goddess of Wisdom if you ask me....
Jul 28, 2012 12:08 AM

Nov 2011
pretty good episode cant w8 to see liliana part of his harem..haha
Hate Keeps me warm
Jul 28, 2012 12:32 AM

Apr 2012
4/5

It was a good episode.

I knew he won't kill Athena, it's a Harem after all.

Myth is all interpretation, it's not like Athena has a single definition to her. Of course... The general idea is that she's a Goddess of Wisdom. It does not mean she has no other meanings.

Ecchi was nice. I like French kisses the most.

Something was indeed, missing for me... I don't know what, but something slightly pissed me off.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 28, 2012 5:22 AM

Nov 2010
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Jul 28, 2012 5:51 AM

Jul 2010
kantori said:
What was that lance from? Is it mentioned in the Light Novel or manga? I immediately thought perhaps it was the spear that pierced Lord Jesus side? My assumptions was solely based on what Godou said piercing about even her (at Athena) but I'm also thinking it's probably something Greek based mythology?
Erica's spear is the longinius spear, the one Longinius the Roman centurion pierced Jesus with. And no, it's not from Greek mythology. The mythologies from this show isn't limited to those of one religion. For example, Athena's from Greek mythology whilst Verethragna is from Zoroastrianism, a religion from Persia that's still worshiped today. Deities from Japanese,Scandinavian,Celtic Hebrew, Egyptian, Chinese,Phoenician, Hindu and Roman religions also come into play in this show.
darthfantaJul 28, 2012 6:00 AM

Jul 28, 2012 6:11 AM
May 2010
Jul 28, 2012 6:38 AM

Mar 2011
Good ep.New look of Athena is cute again and that UBW vs Gate of Babylon.
Jul 28, 2012 6:58 AM

Jun 2010
Erica's kiss every episode = Fuck yeah!
Jul 28, 2012 7:09 AM

May 2010
Well is an okay episode the fighting with Athena was just too fast,I'm not sure why they think of her as a huge threat. Anyway is good she turned back into her loli form because the adult form is that appealing

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.