Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, it's been a fun ride with Godou and the others.

This series has been a strange one alright especially in the last episode. But more than that, it seems that this finale episode did pull it off somewhat successfully with the fight between Athena and the other campiones. When the other Athena (evil Athena) attacked other Athena, I was like "oh shit". Good thing everything ended well though. Dat teamwork.

Overall though, I think this series was alright. It was a bit rushed but did get in some amusing and entertainment moments. Mm, I'm not sure about a S2 here but I wouldn't mind it if it happened.

Overall, 6/10.

Lol'd @ ending at Godou's sister and the "harem ending".
Stark700Sep 28, 2012 8:32 AM
Sep 28, 2012 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
There was just so many things wrong in this episode. Spoilered for length
That's what happens I guess when they go anime original

It was still a fun ride though even with this trainwreck of an ending. They even have the courage to show JPS after the sky cleared. Though with this mess, kiss the chance of seeing him in a new season. Oh well the kissing ws fun.
7/10
belatkuroSep 28, 2012 11:15 AM
Sep 28, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2008
Athena is the real heroine. LOL

Overall, that was fun. It was not a good show, but kept me hooked throughout with its unique enjoyment.
6.5/10 or something around that from me, rounded down.

I'm not sure if this will sell enough to net a second coming, but I will watch it for sure when it comes true.
Sep 28, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
"...as I pray upon unlimited kiss works."

Kidding aside, I had a good time watching this. At least Godou took those kisses like a man and enjoyed them.

Appears it's been left open for a S2 if it ever happens.
Sep 28, 2012 4:16 PM

May 2011
disappointed in that this arc was supposed to where godou gets his second authority but overall it was good. mm ishihara kaori voicing methis was a good to hear coming off her role as konoe from who is imouto?

Season 2 i want to see The other campione animated. good to see john pluto smith make a cameo appearance. voban + doni as well

Now i wonder how will his sister fair with i guess now 5 people in godou's harem and more to come xD
RayyySep 28, 2012 4:19 PM
Sep 28, 2012 4:17 PM
Mar 2011
if they ever did make a season 2 or another version of it they could do what they did with fma and just literally remake it to actually follow the source material. figures mt fuji would have something to do with the end hahah i've seen it around animes since i was a kid back with digimon guess it has a historical importance to the culture..
Sep 28, 2012 4:18 PM
Mar 2011
Rayyy said:

Now i wonder how will his sister fair with i guess now 5 people in godou's harem and more to come xD

seriously?
Sep 28, 2012 4:23 PM

May 2011
tyrolizard1 said:
Rayyy said:

seriously?

you dont know the true power of godou and his ways with women well jking aside yes more to come not saying how many and who that you'll have to read the LNs for yourself
Sep 28, 2012 9:31 PM

Jun 2012
Predictable last episode, nothing surprising here >.>

Overall I give this show a 5/10. While the protagonist didn't fit the traditional mold, the storytelling hampered the score a lot for me. All of the girl capture arcs followed THE EXACT SAME STORY. Fanservice wise, I'd say it provided it through Seiyuu moreso than actual nudity fanservice. Any copies this show sells in Japan is because of Yoko Hikasa, KanaHana, and Eri Kitamura. I can say though, this show had some intense makeout sessions : P
Sep 28, 2012 10:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Nice ending. Truly what a harem ending should look like.

I give Campione! a 9/10.

Season 2 should be on its way soon enough.
Sep 28, 2012 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
Pay attention and pay attention well. This ladies and gentlemen, is a Harem ending. Not that crap where he doesn't make a choice and feels incomplete, a real harem ending where there is no damn need for a choice, cause he gets ALL of them.

Now for my review that's kinda biased lol.

What I look for is a strong male who has a courage, beautiful girls who love him eternally, and a somewhat decent plot that's more than just the ecchi, for me, and a sign that a TRUE HAREM will happen. Campione definitely fits the bill.

I found all the girls likable, and that's a plus when dealing with a harem. While Godou could be dense at times, he has the gift to catch on quick, which was very useful in the series, not only with dealing with enemies, but for him to understand the situation he is in probably for the rest of his life. The action was top notch, the comedy was decent, and I was waiting for the next episode after each episode ending. This and Hagure were my favorite shows, but while Hagure has a better MC imo, Campione had better harem members.

This was the best harem show for me since Sekirei and Sora no Otoshimono, which has similar qualities. I can definitely say this will be added to my personal collection, and will be watched again for replay at some point in time. From a straight up unbiased POV, this gets a 8 out of 10. I'm not a novel reader, so luckily I didn't come in here with expectations from the Novel, I was here to simply be entertained, and I was. From a biased True Harem lover though, this gets a 10 out of 10 from me, had everything I love in an anime and left me very satisfied and eager for more.

A season 2 is probably unlikely, but I'd be more than glad to welcome one.
Sep 28, 2012 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
Rayyy said:

Correction, 6 in his harem. Zola considers herself his mistress.
Sep 28, 2012 10:47 PM

Jul 2009
Oh Erica, I bid you farewell. You made this anime very enjoyable.
KurogashiSep 28, 2012 10:51 PM
Sep 28, 2012 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Quite a nice ending. Godou is a real man, kissing 5 girls during the battle with Metis. Cool to see the swords changing colors when he kissed them esp the blue (?) swords.

Athena was just so cute in this ep when she was all innocent and powerless.

Overall, this anime has been a fun ride with all the gods and kisses. Hoping for a 2nd season.

Now I just wonder how his sister will join the harem...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 28, 2012 10:51 PM

Feb 2012
A harem that ends like a harem should. Yay!
Sep 28, 2012 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Pay attention and pay attention well. This ladies and gentlemen, is a Harem ending. Not that crap where he doesn't make a choice and feels incomplete, a real harem ending where there is no damn need for a choice, cause he gets ALL of them.

I know!! I don't remember the last time I watched a harem and the MC actually got all girls.
He kissed everybody but Liliana this episode.
I hope for a season 2.
Sep 28, 2012 11:02 PM

Dec 2010
Rushed ending that felt as if it could have been done better but i guess that is to be expected since it was an original ending; that said the series was very enjoyable; Erica was an awesome character and Godou didn't fit the cliche harem MC who is useless as the dude was BA when he needed to be. Also Athena was a great character, lol at how she planned the entire thing just to spend time with Godou XD; while i wish this would get a second season it is unlikely since this ending differed from the LNs, so i guess i'll just have to read the LNs to see how the story progressed :D
Sep 28, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2007
Kawaii7878 said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

I know!! I don't remember the last time I watched a harem and the MC actually got all girls.
He kissed everybody but Liliana this episode.
I hope for a season 2.

I'm pretty sure he did kiss her, unless you mean, he did not initiate the kiss?
Sep 28, 2012 11:11 PM

Mar 2012
And he gets kisses from everyone, even the loli. How surprising.

One thing to note is that there's still a potential for season 2 because this original ending didn't really cut off any subsequent arc. From results alone, this ending may have been a success, actually.

But onto the episode itself.
1) Why were they able to carry on 2 minutes of conversation even though Metis only rammed herself into a building?
2) How did the harem all show up on cue from behind Godou?
Battle scene wise, this episode was a lot more satisfying than before since Godou got to use all but the Shonen ability I think (albeit for brief flashes only). Nothing to comment on the kissing scenes. Using a huge scythe at the end was kind of random, but whatever.

Overall, it wasn't as if this series was totally terrible. The characters provide some entertainment (with Liliana topping the chart) and the battle concept is quite nice, though I don't think the anime did it justice with the lackluster special effects. At the end of the day, this series wasn't great and it never tried to be but it was at least enjoyable. If they're gonna make a season 2, they better try to innovate in a lot of different areas.
Sep 28, 2012 11:41 PM

Feb 2009
tezann_t said:
One thing to note is that there's still a potential for season 2 because this original ending didn't really cut off any subsequent arc. From results alone, this ending may have been a success, actually.
Unless they reintroduce Ama no Murakumo and have Godou battle it again, there's no way they can do a second season. Godou is suppose to defeat and get Ama no Murakumo as his second Authority.
And that plays an important role in the next arc immediately. So no.
Sep 28, 2012 11:41 PM
Oct 2010
loli goddess athena conquest - complete. dude is such an animal
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 28, 2012 11:59 PM

Oct 2010
Seems like everybody liked Liliana. I couldnt stand that annoying broad. I was mad they wasted like 3 episodes on her. I'll take Erica over her any day. lol

series gets a 6.5. It had the potential to be way better.
Sep 29, 2012 12:18 AM

May 2010
Godou became kinda boss at the end, good ending

8/10
Sep 29, 2012 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
I dont know why people gave such low scored to this anime. I LOVED this anime, and i learned some history of some gods :3 Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the anime in general. I think it's cause I havn't read the manga. Even if I did, i would've (like the other anime adaptations i've watched) would enjoy for the anime. I love anime better then manga, but that is just my opinion. Anyways, glad i watched this and hopefully can enjoy more in the future :)

As for the final episode, LOL he kisses his whole harem, even the loli :3 Ending was amazing but i'd prefer Erica being the heroine and helping him hold the weapon etc. etc. Enjoyed the epiosde, amazing ending to a fantastic series. LOL at his little sister xD

10/10
Sep 29, 2012 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
glad thats over....
Sep 29, 2012 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
Don't know what it was but something always pissed me off about this series if it wasn't for Erica and Lill i wouldn't had watched it to the end.

7/10 hopefully a OVA comes out kinda don't really want a S2.
Sep 29, 2012 2:03 AM

Aug 2012
I got so embarrassed watching this that i had unplugged my laptop from my big screen and used my headset instead of my speakers...

How Yuri, Erica, Lili and Ena appear in the mountains, how Godou manage to use more than 1 authority at the same time, why enemy being so kind to wait for Godou to finish kissing everyone, and Godou using raptor was complete suicide etc.. but I decided to throw all the logic and just enjoy the show.

Every battle Godou was suppose to destroy at least some world heritage sites but this time I don't think they destroyed Mount Fuji, so it went peacefully :(

All that said, I still like Campione! and hope for a second season.
This is one of the top harem anime as Godou gets all the girls for a reason which is quite reasonable since he is a godslayer!! And I definitely want to see all them transforming after getting Godou's [protection]

Overall: 7/10
macchaSep 30, 2012 4:01 AM
Sep 29, 2012 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the show,wish there will be more,still 8/10 from me.
Sep 29, 2012 2:07 AM

Dec 2008
RayNayNay said:
I dont know why people gave such low scored to this anime. I LOVED this anime, and i learned some history of some gods :3 Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the anime in general. I think it's cause I havn't read the manga. Even if I did, i would've (like the other anime adaptations i've watched) would enjoy for the anime. I love anime better then manga, but that is just my opinion. Anyways, glad i watched this and hopefully can enjoy more in the future :)

As for the final episode, LOL he kisses his whole harem, even the loli :3 Ending was amazing but i'd prefer Erica being the heroine and helping him hold the weapon etc. etc. Enjoyed the epiosde, amazing ending to a fantastic series. LOL at his little sister xD

10/10

Lol Considering a 6 as a low score is funny. A six is fair or slightly above average which is highly generous for what this anime really deserves.

I gave this a 3/10
1. The Sexism this show has knows no bounds. Its like ridiculous.
2. Cheesey as hell ending. Come on power of fueling a man's boner saves the day? I am not watching Dakara here.
3. Altered the contents of the light novel so heavily that events changed and that a preschooler could understand it is not okay on any level.

Last ep noticed error's
1. Boar has the condition of only being used when imagining the destruction of a large object. Metis was not large by any means so this negates the condition used for the boar.
Sep 29, 2012 2:19 AM

Feb 2010
solid adaption until the last 2 ep. 7/10.
Sep 29, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
I knew this show needed more Athena.
Sep 29, 2012 4:07 AM

Jan 2012
The ending was ok and the series itself was rather good too.

Sep 29, 2012 4:24 AM
May 2012
This anime was a pleasant drive for at least kusanagi godou!It was more like a kissing mania!
When i first started to see the anime i wondered since when metis was zeus's wife! i have fair share of Greek mythology knowledge but i never heard metis was the wife of zeus!I thought Hera was the wife!athena was the daughter!
I guess every thing changes!
as for the anime! it was good!especially the sister parts!
Sep 29, 2012 4:30 AM
Jun 2008
well give watching all of it fine series of sorts give leave door open for s2 if happen.

overall sure give if get dub why i go feeling yea dub make more hmm to see.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 29, 2012 4:44 AM
May 2012
tysonultima said:
RayNayNay said:

10/10

Lol Considering a 6 as a low score is funny. A six is fair or slightly above average which is highly generous for what this anime really deserves.

I gave this a 3/10
1. The Sexism this show has knows no bounds. Its like ridiculous.
2. Cheesey as hell ending. Come on power of fueling a man's boner saves the day? I am not watching Dakara here.
3. Altered the contents of the light novel so heavily that events changed and that a preschooler could understand it is not okay on any level.

Last ep noticed error's
1. Boar has the condition of only being used when imagining the destruction of a large object. Metis was not large by any means so this negates the condition used for the boar.

First of all the error you noticed is way off based! the boar using condition
is not imagining the destruction of a large object but a one shot kill technique that destroys everything in its path including large objects.
next maybe you're not suited to watch harem.or is it this the first anime you watched is a harem genred because this kind of anime is almost the same everywhere.
The above guy gave it a 10.thats exaggerating.there is something is wrong with him.alike him you gave a 3!there is also something wrong
with yours too!don't bring your emotions to a judgement!you will only screw up!
i think 7-8 is best for this anime!
Sep 29, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2011
The series are finally over.
I give it 5/10.
Sep 29, 2012 5:29 AM

Apr 2011
Not much impress of this series because of Godou, but Despite friendzoning the girls last episode he did manage to accept them back. Whats a big plus is, this is a true harem end. Where he accepts and kisses all the ladies, compared to other harems series that ends in choosing one.

As a harem fan, I'm really happy with the conclusion of this series. a 5/5 for the 13th and final episode and an 8/10 for the entire series. A 2nd season is very much welcome.

Poor imouto, she has to endure all the hot chicks around her beloved oniichan and chances spending some time alone with him is very, VERY dim.
Sep 29, 2012 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Team Erica
Sep 29, 2012 5:39 AM
Jul 2009
over all i give the whole series an 8/10

i would give it a 9 if it weren't for them taking a piss on the whole storyline canon.

i really hope they make a second season but doing a retcon punch first for good measure, i mean come on seriously do they need to drastically change the whole storyline to fit in the schedule especially when they compress 80% of book 3 cut out some scene here and there.

not to mention the changes put in more plot holes then what is acceptable here's to name a few i spotted
1) why are cars running
2) how did he summon piggy
3) harem teleportation seriously wtf?
4) not getting the sword which in turn effect all subsequent arcs
5) the situation of the steel gods which effect the grail arc
6) the disappearance of suzumiya haruhi retired gods which would effect some future scene
7) piggy and sword out at the same time and able to use sword afterwords
8) no grandpa scene

and the list goes on

that said hope they get a second season since i want hikari and alice and to see godou removeing his limiter and going all mankoto on his harem.

Rayyy said:
tyrolizard1 said:
Rayyy said:

seriously?

you dont know the true power of godou and his ways with women well jking aside yes more to come not saying how many and who that you'll have to read the LNs for yourself

have to agree his harem graviting power even surpasses a certain unlucky level 0 where no world saving event needs to be trigger to add to his harem, hack recently he even have a yandere stalker goddess stalking him even before he meets her. XD
GarethXLSep 29, 2012 5:46 AM
Sep 29, 2012 5:46 AM
Jul 2010
I liked this series, but the ending was pretty much rushed.
Sep 29, 2012 6:29 AM
Dec 2010
This is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2012 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
That was a pretty epic finale. Managed to bump itself up a score.

6/10
Sep 29, 2012 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
5/10 Average.
Sep 29, 2012 8:23 AM

Apr 2011
Needs more Athena. Just love the parts where she kissed Godou and the girls' jaws drop, and saying 'my godslayer'. Meaning she likes him.

I'm pretty sure a 2nd season is feasible. Seeing that masked person with antenna and a cape gives a feeling of it.
Sep 29, 2012 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Honestly this is one anime i simply enjoyed watching every single week.
On the pure enjoyment level i give it a 10/10
But with all the plot holes and such I just cant give it that

8/10
Sep 29, 2012 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this show, I hope it gets a second season
Sep 29, 2012 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
You could tell this was an anime original ending since the script, story and everything else had a big drop in quality. Consistency, rules and common sense also got thrown away. It sort of reminded me of that horrible anime original ending they did for Claymore, and like Claymore i doubt this is getting a 2nd season.

The only silver lining to this episode is Athena kissing Godou, since i cant read the 9th novel yet this will have to do for now untill i can read the Athena centered novel 9.

This anime was a empty extra fast paced version of the novels with a bad anime original ending, but the part that sort of followed the novels were enjoyable so for me its a 6. Oh it was also nice to get some good character desigins for the characters since tbh they novel art is horrible, so yeah finally getting some good character desgins for them is probably the biggest plus to the series. Like when J.C staff gave Touma a great character design compared to his novel self, his novel design is quite lame and generic.

It could of been so much more but they just did not want to put the money or effort into it so it became a shadow of its novel self.
DragoonDeusSep 29, 2012 9:21 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 29, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2011
It really was an enjoyable harem series. Although few episodes were rushed and the pacing felt off at times it did a good job at making the fights look epic. I also like how the fanservice was kept to a minimum unlike many other ecchis this season (e.g. Dakara and Hagure Yuusha); since too much ecchi can ruin a potentially good story imo.

I give this anime a solid 7/10. Will also be reading the LN.

Sep 29, 2012 10:09 AM

Jan 2011
Lol sucks to be a novel reader...
Sep 29, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2010
Why are they rushing it, I mean Godou like beat her without even trying in a very short time and the way I see it Athena is becoming the real heroine more than the other girls which I don't really mind but it makes me felt a bit sorry for Erica !!

I'm giving it 6/10 since I'm being generous
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2012

101 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.