Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2008 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
EPIC EPISODE OF WORLD DESTRUCTION! AMAZING! BRAVO! I AM IMPRESSED!

I TELL YOU LOVE IS REALLY ALL THE ANSWER! Oh man I don't even know where to start so I will comment only on subs and in meantime LICK YOUR FINGERS OF THESE BEAUTY HOMAGE!

Kirie being a gentleman to Lia!

MORTE'S BEST BATTLE OF SERIES!

CRAZY KIRIE!!!

ARE WE ALL GOING TO DIE?????

KIRIE X MORTE FOREVER! GO KIRIE AND MORTE GO GO GO! (Although they do not show very closely the kiss...they do kiss if you look carefully in the background).

Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 30, 2008 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
I have to say that this is one of the more satisfying endings to come out of this season even if the show was average at best.

Sep 30, 2008 4:04 PM

Nov 2007
Well, epic ending was epic. Hopefully, the game will be released into the US.
Sep 30, 2008 4:56 PM

May 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
I have to say that this is one of the more satisfying endings to come out of this season even if the show was average at best.

I agree completely. The show wasn't very good, but I loved the ending.
Sep 30, 2008 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
at first glance, it seems like a let down, but its only natural that one would change their mind in that situation. deep down she was just depressed. anyone who wishes for something like that usually gets it in a rather unwanted and unexpected way.

now i know why that chick was always into kirie hehee.
Sep 30, 2008 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
Wow I must say I was impressed with the ending. It was awesome! And Kyrie is so freaking bad ass as the redhead. Unfortunately no LiaxKyrie end! Noooooooooooooo!

Mini Lia is MOE

Still, very satisfying. It was going to be a 7/10, but now it's a 9/10 for me.
Sep 30, 2008 5:34 PM

May 2007
I liked the ending lots. D: Why couldn't Kyrie stay as the Destruct code Form. He's so much cooler that way. Or mix the two forms.

o: If the destruct code broke, that means he doesn't have anything to put his memories in now. But then he's already gained all his memories from before...<< HMMM.

D: KENN NEEDS A DS NOW
Sep 30, 2008 5:44 PM
Apr 2008
it was epic, but that was a big surpise that Kirie was the destruct code
Sep 30, 2008 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
Pokedude97 said:
8GaugeBrett said:

kisami said:
at first glance, it seems like a let down, but its only natural that one would change their mind in that situation. deep down she was just depressed. anyone who wishes for something like that usually gets it in a rather unwanted and unexpected way.

now i know why that chick was always into kirie hehee.

Yeah, I love the kiss pic I put but they should have put some more emphasizing cause LOVE was what stopped Kirie. Right? IT SUCKS they went into like far shot mode instead close up like in the pic all the way but too bad. It would have been a good lesson to kids about love instead of destroy but OH WELL!

I RANK THIS 9/10 if it was not for less action. Wished the action was like #10 and #13.
angel999Oct 1, 2008 1:47 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 30, 2008 6:15 PM

May 2008
Personally, I love the twist in Kirie. Little Lia is so adorable, I love that being the key in realizing the truth. Honestly, in Kirie's memory, just as it was interrupted, I could see that he was the Destruct Code. But they kept the truth in suspension just to test if the theories were right or not. Great episode, especially how Morute was finally able to let her shield down once she saw the "world she wished for".
Sep 30, 2008 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
Pokedude97 said:
8GaugeBrett said:

Too right! As this epi ended, I was saying, "Good thing this epi was good - saved the series from ranking a 6"
Sep 30, 2008 11:35 PM

Feb 2008
wow nice ending
Oct 1, 2008 1:44 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, this was probably the best ending from all Summer Season's shows.
Still, it's not enough for me to raise the score. 7/10.
Oct 1, 2008 3:45 AM

Feb 2008
Very Nice and cool ending

Oct 1, 2008 4:04 AM

Dec 2007
The series itself was not that great, but I agree that they did a good job with ending it. I was certainly not expecting them to actually close the story, as the plot progression did suggest more of a .hadk ending (which I hate).
That said, this also meant that the ending ended up a bit rushed, and a lot of things could have been fleshed out better, especially considering so much of the series was really just filler. I really would have wanted to see a little more of the aftermath. It was a bit cut, dry, and short considering what just happened, and what was shown left me with nothing that I wouldn't have assumed if it had just gone to credits after the kiss.

Still, it was a decent ride through, and I'll give it a 7/10. It just had a lot more potential even within the existing limits.
Oct 1, 2008 6:51 AM

Jan 2008
For a game promotion series they did helluva job. 8/10 overall. Fun factor, good animation and enchanting score overshadow lacking, simple plot.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 1, 2008 8:06 AM

Jun 2007
I quite enjoyed this anime for most parts, the ending was great and fitting (maybe a bit rushed) so I'll rate this either 7 or 8.
Though I'd had hoped for Kirie x Lia.
Oct 1, 2008 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
wow, so glad that the ending is not what i thought it will be. it is impressive and great to see a powerful kirie in the final episode ^-^. will give it a 8/10 because of the ending

Oct 1, 2008 9:35 AM
Nov 2007
Aww.. It's now Morte and Kirie. :(
No, Kirie and Lia. I really wanted to see that.. OH well, Kirie was cool in the end. Liked this serie very much! :)
Oct 1, 2008 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
That was a garbage ending...all based on the fact that the whole series, Mourte was all about destroying the world, and once it starts happening, she's against it?! Not convincing at all. I had this show at a 7, but the ending knocks it down a point.
Oct 1, 2008 1:00 PM

May 2008
The endening was simply amazing. A great and for this serie. I can't believe it ended though. I amm gonna miss the characters... kuma... xD
Oct 1, 2008 2:03 PM
Dec 2007
The climax building was actually really good but then everything was rushed, Morte suddenly changed plans and didn't want to destroy the world anymore and finally everything's well that ends well, that's all folks, bye bye, ending theme. A bit disappointing, I think it deserved two episodes instead of one at least.

I liked when Kirie became GAR and turned everything into sand with blazing green lights, it was really cool though. Pretty interesting ending overall, it was probably better than the series, but not enough to raise my vote above 7/10 (maybe if 7,5 was allowed, then... ,).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 1, 2008 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
it was an average series, but i enjoyed a bit (i like the opening theme XD) 6/10

Oct 1, 2008 4:05 PM

Sep 2007
Seriously. It was awesome when Kirie went ballistic because it was such a difference from his usual persona. Anyway, nice ending even though it was pretty rushed - I mean, Kirie only started really destroying the world with five minutes left of the episode - but still gets a 7/10 from me.
Oct 1, 2008 5:55 PM

Mar 2008
yeah, kinda garbage

How can Mourte become tsundere when there were any romance scenes?
Oct 1, 2008 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
Overall the show was average at best, but this ending was great. At least this this show made me interested in the game.
Oct 1, 2008 6:15 PM

Mar 2008
lol the last 12 minute or so from the last episode made the entire series worth it for me.
But really the ending about the world not getting destroyed because of Morute's change of heart was obvious from episode 1, come on! Just the way they went about it with Kyrie ending up as the destruct code was awesome. The entire part from his 'awakening' to the end kept me in awe (even rewinded it back for a second watch).

Overall, the series was average, with lots of slice of life elements showing the good changes happening in the world by the gang (except Morute's wish for world's end), it became a bit boring though, then with the Croc some action and some development and now this awesome finale. this series gets a nice 8/10 from me because of these last few episodes, especially this last one.

MAL list updates
Oct 1, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2007
The ending was the best episode out of the whole series. It was so cool seeing Kyrie go all nuts kicking peoples asses. I'm a bit sad that there was no Li A x Kyrie hook up but it's understandable.

I wonder how the RPG game will turn out. Are they basing it off this story from the beginning or are they gonna make it a sequel to the anime? Would be cool if Kyrie could freely use his powers in the game under curtain circumstances.
Oct 2, 2008 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
Kirie, when he fights is the best, bust tru anything with out care, and thats the way it has to be. plus one thing bothers me, u guys remember the scene from series preview where they are sitting next to a campfire, that never happened in the anime? i guess it was a deleted scene, of what could have been an after credit scence
Oct 2, 2008 2:30 AM
Sep 2008
Good ending to a good series,

Makes me wonder when the game is coming out and for what system.
Oct 2, 2008 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
RUED said:
Good ending to a good series,

Makes me wonder when the game is coming out and for what system.

System is nintendo DS.
Oct 2, 2008 1:01 PM

Dec 2007
AWESOME.
Oct 2, 2008 1:21 PM

Jun 2007
They save the world
He kisses the girl
We see all the characters at the end
We all love cliches :3
That was good enough to raise my score to 7/10 :D
Oct 2, 2008 10:05 PM

May 2008
SO the first and last 3 episodes were great, but the whole middle of the show seemed kind of tacked on. Overall, its going to get a 7/10 from me...
Oct 4, 2008 2:14 AM

Oct 2007
If they were doing this series properly instead of an advertising one for the game, it will be one of the best show in this season.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2008 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty good ending. The series overall was only average, but the ending was fairly nice.

6/10

Oct 5, 2008 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
I agree with noteDhero it was sort of a garbage ending.. okay maybe not garbage but bad and so not satisfying at least to me.. ehhh I'll give this anime an 8.. I liked basically everything except for the last episode.
HEY!
Oct 6, 2008 2:19 AM

Aug 2008
The ending was good...I neither hate or love it...I still prefer the "clumsy" Kirie over the destruct code...=x
Overall, 9/10 for the series..
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 7, 2008 12:33 AM

Jun 2007
Red head Kirie!!!! Cool and spicy! <3

8/10. The ending saved it from a 7/10 fate XD lol

Oct 10, 2008 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
Kyrie's (light / tamaki), Morte's ( shiki, lal'c ) voices, plus the part where I actualy enjoyed the whole show and the endig, made me give this show a 9.
Oct 10, 2008 6:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yep. average series with good ending.

Actually the ending was even more conclusive than some very good series out there...

Kirie sand-form is awesome! It must mean his human form is not his real form (since he was there from the beginning of the world...)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 16, 2008 6:40 PM
Apr 2008
was a 8 but ill give it a 9 becuase the ending was sweet
Oct 29, 2008 2:47 AM

Dec 2007
just completed World Destruction, it was pretty cool, the hole anime story just changed on episode 10. the last 3 episodes were the best.
i rate this anime a 8 out of 10 being really good. it was a very different type of story that i havent yet seen so thats why i enjoyed it, if it wasnt for the last 3 episodes i would have rated it a 7 maybe even a 6 xD

i recommend this anime to anyone that likes a story about humans being lower then animals and a story about a good guy trying to destroy the world lol
Dec 7, 2008 4:54 PM
Jun 2008
uwaahh.
i couldnt hav wanted a better ending.
everything was set out so well.

although the series had been a letdown in the middle, it relli pulled thru in these last 2 eps
mmm :3 and haha everyone was rooting for morutexkirie, and they got it xP
i kind of want a season 2 yet i dont..
Jul 12, 2009 11:20 AM

May 2008
Good Start. Boring throughout most of the season, and cheesy ending.

Average at the most. Certainly not my cup of tea but can't say I wasn't really entertained :D
Aug 15, 2009 12:41 AM
Apr 2009
It was entertaining but very cheesy. Although I wouldn't have it any other way.
Aug 15, 2009 4:49 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome ending. Enjoyed the series throughout.
Jun 4, 2010 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
Kind of unsatisfied with the ending, but it was still good and wrapped it up I guess. XD
Ahhhh, pink/red-headed Kirie was such a bamf haha, completely different from his usual self.. too bad there wasn't more of him LOL. And ahhh, the almost Kirie/Morte at the end.. why do they tease us with this and then end the series lmao. :'(
I wish I could play the game now~ ; _;
Jan 3, 2011 9:02 AM

Jun 2009
I don't have a single complain - just wish there were more!
Reading the bad reviews and stats before starting this you would think this was such a bad series but given the huge amount of + comments this has generated throughout the 13 eps I'm inclined to believe more people have liked it than not.
To be honest this is loads much better than a lot of animes with huge + ratings out there!
Mar 3, 2011 6:06 AM
Feb 2011
Well...
firstly,I'd like to point the ending...
Why I think World Destruction's ending kinda bad?
Or is it just me who thought like that?
Its just...There's no sign that Morute like Kirie
But when Kirie activated the Destruct Code's power,she suddenly fallen in love with Kirie.
WTH was that? =.=a
secondly,I'd like to say,this anime's overall is great...9/10 from me.
Even if I'm kinda dissapointing about its ending,which is really run-out-of-the-mill,the story line is good tho.
And one thing that made me feel something isnt right.
About Rie A.
EP 13 [which is the last ep] Is the first and only ep that tell about Kirie and Rie A.
I was wondering they ever met when they were at the sub-marine at the deepest of sand.Rie A always looked at Kirie,and we also can predict that they ever met before.
Why they only showed at EP 13? The story between Rie A and Kirie,that's it.
Lets say,at least Kirie found it when he's at Labyrinth of Memories Q.Q
Kinda dissapointing about it x.x
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 23, 2008

20 by Dekom »»
Oct 9, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 11 Discussion

Serenti - Sep 17, 2008

25 by Dekom »»
Oct 8, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 10 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

28 by Dekom »»
Sep 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 9 Discussion

Harout - Sep 3, 2008

17 by Dekom »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 8 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

31 by Dekom »»
Sep 25, 2023 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.