Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 13, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2008
A pretty underwhelming episode.
I guess I expected too much, like a Seven Swell or something like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2012 1:31 AM

Dec 2010
tailsxyakumo said:
Hmm...makes me wonder if Ao's mother is Eureka or not.

I think its safe to say its all but confirmed that Renton and Eureaka are his parents.
Apr 13, 2012 2:16 AM
Aug 2010
Jigero said:

There is 24 episodes they have plenty of time

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He's learning to become a Mechanic
He loves Lifting but is not very good at it
He's not very popular in school
His father was in the military but died.
He was raised by his sister who is missing
He looks up to his sister.
He's a huge fan of the Geckko state Team and Rayout
He lives with his Grandfather.
He's dissatisfied with his life.
He likes LFOs
etc etc

So you basicaly want half of the anime spoiled in the first ep ? Isn't the fact that we know jackshit about Ao interesting ?

Dude you seriously should drop this anime for your own good.
Apr 13, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2008
Don't blame him for want to know, but I don't like it spoiler too much, good we know slightly a bit from him but we will know main character until the end and I doubt this anime will end like 13 episodes.

Isn't that obviously that Renton & Eureka is AO parents?
AO is like the new hope to so save earth

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 13, 2012 3:29 AM
Aug 2010
Blackbird said:
Don't blame him for want to know, but I don't like it spoiler too much, good we know slightly a bit from him but we will know main character until the end and I doubt this anime will end like 13 episodes.

Isn't that obviously that Renton & Eureka is AO parents?
AO is like the new hope to so save earth

I like how AO is manly. Not a whiny kid like Renton + AO got a manlier voice :) But Renton did grow out of it.

As for people wondering about earth looking normal if u watched E7 ( SPOILERS HERE )
Apr 13, 2012 4:24 AM

Apr 2011
Actually surprised. I expected the first episode to be much worse. I'm glad though. Well there's probably a ton of episodes left but hopefully it can surpass it's predecessor and be amazing.

Oh yeah. AWESOME ED.
z4ydApr 13, 2012 4:31 AM
Apr 13, 2012 4:25 AM

May 2011
Is this pathetic or what.

Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Someone's angry. Also: "What an awful" not "What and Awful"

oh noes you caught me an easily common typo MY WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FALLING APART!
Oh stop the drama, you lost already.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 13, 2012 4:48 AM

Dec 2011
Jigero said:
BRSxIgnition said:

Someone's angry. Also: "What an awful" not "What and Awful"

oh noes you caught me an easily common typo MY WHOLE ARGUMENT IS FALLING APART!

This series is less than half the length of the original. And how many other series do you know of that explains every character in detail on the very first episode?

How about actually learning some thing about our main character other then "he's a person and he does things" Because that seriously all we know from this episode.

Here is every thing we learned about Renton in the first episode of the Original.

He likes LFOs
etc etc

So tell me what do we know about AO, the main character of the series, just from the first episode?

Lives with an old guy I guess is a doctor
Possibly related to Eureka

and that's it.

Also, all of the technobabble you're talking about related heavily to the original series - so go watch that if you need to again.

G-monster
FP
Scrub Burst (which I'm guess is a seventh swell because it looks like one, even though they don't say so)
Pied Piper
ECM
China-Japan
Spiritual Powers
ECU

none of these concepts or terms where in the first series, so no watching the first series wouldn't help you with any of this.

From reading the manga, more of Ao's character will definitively be explained in the next 1 or 2 episodes. Also the series having mysterious concepts and terms are what make Eureka Seven, Eureka Seven. Imagine watching the first series knowing what every term meant from the get go.

See it like this... the fleshing out of characters is split up into more than one episode, WHICH ISN'T UNCOMMON The problem i think is the length of the chapter in the manga, i was actually hoping for a 50 minute pilot to cover the introduction to the series. So just be patient and learn about characters as the story goes on.

More to add to your Ao list for this episode
- He doesn't like it when stuff is mentioned about his parent not being around
- He's less whiny than Renton
- IFOs act strangely when he is around them
- Naru's father doesn't like him because of something his mother did in the past
- He want's to make up with Naru

SPOILER LIST of things about Ao for the next few episodes just for you.

DarthVantos said:
This show might become a real downer since it tossed the adventure concept of eureka 7.

Instead they are going for a evangelion type mecha, random mobs come for you and you protect the city blah blah. And next week its a different boss every time. I don't know what is going on here but all these sequels that stray too far from the original (blood-C,Last Exile) makes my head hurt. Always end up severely disappointed.

Don't give up on it yet... (although that G-monster thing did remind me of Angels from Evangelion)

Evidence of keeping the adventure aspect:
http://shinigamilist.com/2012/03/24/spring-anime-season-2012-preview-eureka-seven-ao-%E3%82%A8%E3%82%A6%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BB%E3%83%96%E3%83%B3-ao/
It mentioned about Ao's goal: "to save enough money to be able to leave (the island) in search for his long lost mother".
and also it mentions about him cooperating with "generation Blue", which from the reading the manga is most likely the name of the ship the lady with red hair and that old guy from the beginning are on during the episode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know many sequels have failed to live up to the originals, and how you shouldn't get your hopes up and all that crap. But seriously guys have some faith...
CriticalFlawApr 13, 2012 5:25 AM
Apr 13, 2012 5:13 AM

Aug 2008
Well, that was a whole bunch of god damn awesome. More questions than answers, and for a first episode that's honestly a good thing. It may be off-putting to get tons of shit thrown at your face with little to no explanation, but that's just one of those things that keeps me coming back for the remainder of the series. I don't think they would be dumb enough to NOT explain anything that went on, the show isn't being run by cats.
Apr 13, 2012 5:28 AM

Apr 2010
First episode was infinitely more interesting than Eureka Seven.
Apr 13, 2012 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
For those who are doubting whether Eureka is Ao's mother or not, its quite obvious she is... Ao reacted to the bracelet saying Eureka...

From the first series, no one other than Eureka or Renton can make the Compac Drive come up with those words. There must be a link between the two.

Furthermore, I don't think Eureka is dead yet, because that old man was waiting for someone who resembles her. The episode is making holes for us to fill about the turquoise hair girl, perhaps that's how they're going to refer to Eureka from now on.

But does the crumbling words 'Eureka' mean she died? I don't really think so to be honest... But perhaps it was a sign that her 'role' was over.
Apr 13, 2012 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
Wow. Just wow. I'm so happy now! Nearly started to cry. I'm so happy they are making this sequel! I'm pretty disappointed with only around 25 episodes, but hopefully they will extend the series or make a third season/movie :D
-Just Believe-
Apr 13, 2012 6:25 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome.....
But there are many questions,
Scub Coral left earth when the first series ended, Did they comeback?
Why Scub Coral started the sudden attacks?
Is AO's mother really Eureka?

Anyway, 5/5
Apr 13, 2012 7:02 AM

May 2010
Whoa looks great I expect nothing less from Bones
Apr 13, 2012 7:06 AM
Mar 2011
Zhou said:
I knew something with Ao's eyes was not normal, Eureka is his mother and Renton should be the father, you can see the similarities.

I know it's a sequel and it's the first episode but damn, don't repeat too much. Again you give me too much information like a dozen characters, weird names, entirely new terms for familiar stuff (no LFOs but FPs?) and other stuff. It just feels too similar for me and I can imagine the whole structure will be the same. By the way, do we know how many episodes this will take?
No OP, I do not like Ao's voice, there is something with Naru's design I absolutely don't like and underwhelming music. You know, the first two episodes of the original were awesome and one reason for me was the music, I really liked it throughout Eureka 7 and remember that first great OP, here it's missing.

Honestly, I can't say that I liked it. I guess I can blame the high expectations but I will give AO credit for showing us that Eureka and Renton(?) are going to play a role.

Oh and Noah is already the best character.

I must agree with you with everything, except that I really enjoyed the first episode, it's promising, could be something great.
Apr 13, 2012 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
triforcebih said:
Jigero said:

He likes LFOs
etc etc

So you basicaly want half of the anime spoiled in the first ep ? Isn't the fact that we know jackshit about Ao interesting ?

Are you retarded? How is knowing the motivations, and personality of your PROTAGONIST spoiling anything?

Do you even know what a character is or what it's suppose to do in a narrative?

I guess having a well rounded character that doesn't have the personality of card board is too much of a "spoiler"

oh wait I'm on an anime forum, your not allowed to have negative opinions or be critical of anything.
JigeroApr 13, 2012 7:18 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Apr 13, 2012 7:37 AM

Nov 2008
I enjoyed the first episode and I can already say that I like Ao more than I liked Renton..

The episode was good...the only thing I hoped is that I could see Anemone and Dominic in this sequel, but I'm sure that's probably not gonna happen : (
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 13, 2012 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
Jigero said:
triforcebih said:
Jigero said:

He likes LFOs
etc etc

Are you retarded? How is knowing the motivations, and personality of your PROTAGONIST spoiling anything?

Do you even know what a character is or what it's suppose to do in a narrative?

I guess having a well rounded character that doesn't have the personality of card board is too much of a "spoiler"

oh wait I'm on an anime forum, your not allowed to have negative opinions or be critical of anything.

You're allowed to be critical - but by broadcasting your opinion like this, we are free to criticize it if we believe it to be wrong - That's why this is a board to talk about anime and rate it, because everyone sees it differently.

On that note, if you want us to stop shooting down your rather-stupid comments, please stop posting them. If you are fine with others having their own thoughts, then please keep posting them.

All I am saying is that I think you are completely off base. Where in the 10 commandments of anime does it say that main characters must be fully described in EVERY first episode? Where does it say that they must be explained within the first 5?

Exactly, it doesn't. Judging by the manga, you will have your answers next episode, so leave your whining until then. Seriously - you're looking for anything small that they didn't do perfectly, and blowing out of proportion. This was the opening episode that showed the event that starts the anime - it focused on being that rather than being a describe-everyone, action-later episode like the first episode of E7.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 13, 2012 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
Cheeze_whiZ said:
Despite Ao bearing an uncanny resemblance to Erica and Renton, some things don't add up. First off, they are in Japan. I realize at the end of the last show it turns out they were on earth, but they were still on a whole continent above the old ones. Also the show seems to have a blend between old tech from our days and new tech from eureka seven. Finally no mention of what happened at all in the past.

I know they are gonna develop the plot and explain everything eventually, but I wish we could at least get a look at the moon to see if the heart is still there lol. As soon as the bracelet lit up I was hoping we would get a look at the moon.

I feel like this show is totally on crack and does not fit in with the old one at all.

Except, we got to see the full moon in all of its glory.
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh510/Dangerrously/Ao-1.png

With the way the first series ended, and how space and time were seemingly being affected by the "Second Summer", boundaries of the physical seemed to be giving way to the metaphysical, and I'm sure it's not far-fetched to say that there may be some element of time-travel, or at the very least multi-dimensional aspects regarding the aftermath of such an event.

For now, I'm going go with the explanation of time-travel, or some sort of multi-verse for explaining the seemingly large changes to what's going in the world (No mention of the tower states, "fake/Scub Earth", or the United Federation (unless it has something to do with Okinawa's "federation"). Even suppose that a generation or two has passed since the end of the first series, rebuilding human society after the regression of the scub coral would take much, much longer. So many questions to be answered, but I'm sure it will be done.

Also: one reason I speculate a possible multi-verse was because of the E7 movie that most people seem to want to forget about; it's very obviously canonically connected to the events that happened at the end of the first series, but taking place in an "alternate universe". It's very possible that such an event created an opening to other dimensions, or that it's having some tangible effect on them.

That all being said, however, I enjoyed the premeire a lot more than I thought I would, and while Eureka Seven had once been my favorite anime, I've since then, in retrospect, found many flaws and irritations that when I had first seen it had not bothered me; so it's a relief to see that any complaints I had of the first series doesn't seem to have made itself present here, at least not in any major way. A good start.
DangerrApr 13, 2012 8:21 AM
Apr 13, 2012 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
Yay eureka! I thought Ao looked like a blend of renton and eureka xD

The only weird thing is did eureka and renton live for a rediculously long time as immortals or something? I'm pretty sure in the original the planet didnt look like our regular earth. Unless they all migrated back to earth since renton/eureka discovered it in the first season >_>
Apr 13, 2012 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
does anybody know how much time has past since the last show? I'm wondering if any of the original characters can even show up later
Apr 13, 2012 9:12 AM

Dec 2007
This was much more exciting than its manga. I'm thrilling.
Apr 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Jun 2009
Let me get this straight Eureka Seven Ao. Renton and Eureka somehow either travelled in time or travelled to earth as they are still naming things China and Japan. They had a child and Eureka caused some disaster which probably resulted in Scub Coral appearing on earth and the development of wave tech. Now Scub Coral are appearing from seventh swells and robotic(Possible humans piloting new LFOs from Rentens world) creatures are invading earth.

Ok, I'm game.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 13, 2012 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
AidanAK47 said:
Let me get this straight Eureka Seven Ao. Renton and Eureka somehow either travelled in time or travelled to earth as they are still naming things China and Japan. They had a child and Eureka caused some disaster which probably resulted in Scub Coral appearing on earth and the development of wave tech. Now Scub Coral are appearing from seventh swells and robotic(Possible humans piloting new LFOs from Rentens world) creatures are invading earth.

Ok, I'm game.

I..... what..? What is this I don't even....

Read the thread I just put up. Read the other posts on this one. I don't even get how you arrived at that conclusion.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Apr 13, 2012 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
If I am not mistaken at the end of E7 not all Scrub Coral left Earth but only about half of them. At the end of episode 50 you can see that part of Earth is still covered by Scrub Coral but Japan and other parts of the world are visible again.

screenshot:

The First episode was okay for me. Many things are still unclear but I hope that the next episodes will include some explanations. I am only disappointed that Bones did not choose Sato Naoki for composing the OST. I missed the great orchestral tunes from the Prequel ;<
Zhao_YunApr 13, 2012 9:41 AM
Apr 13, 2012 9:39 AM

Oct 2008
AidanAK47 said:

Ok, I'm game.

The entire first series actually took place on Earth, though the humans never actually knew till the end, as a planet-enveloping layer of Scub Coral had suspended itself high over the geography of the natural planet.
Apr 13, 2012 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
A shounen lead without a high-pitched, cowardly male, sounds above average so far. I liked the first episode, it's off to a decent start.
Apr 13, 2012 11:09 AM

Aug 2010
Great first ep. A lot better than I was expecting. I'm also loling at all the nitpickers trying to find something bad about the show and it's to be expected with a sequel or remake.
Apr 13, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2011
I loved the first episode. Confusing a bit story wise but the animation and OST are both amazing and the ED was also good too/
5/5
Apr 13, 2012 12:06 PM

Jun 2011
not bad
Apr 13, 2012 12:27 PM

Jun 2009
Dangerr said:
The entire first series actually took place on Earth, though the humans never actually knew till the end, as a planet-enveloping layer of Scub Coral had suspended itself high over the geography of the natural planet.

I thought that was the case and that's why I stated time travel. So that could mean that Scub Coral came into contact with humanity though Eureka.

BRSxIgnition said:

Read the thread I just put up. Read the other posts on this one. I don't even get how you arrived at that conclusion.

I watched the episode and made those deductions from it. Obviously I could be wrong. Though would you like me to explain in detail?

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Apr 13, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2010
this ao kid seem arrogant ^^"
Apr 13, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2009
Its finally here :D

At first it took me like half the episode to accept its a new story of Eureka 7, some of the concepts seemed brand new.

And then we get that bombshell about the necklace :D. I didn't think they were going to make Eureka (? seems like her) have a kid. But its tying in really nicely so far. Hope we at least see older versions of Maeter, Link and Maurice

Really good so far, did not dissapoint. Bringing the feel the original had back.
Apr 13, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Not even 1/4 way through the episode and I can tell that Ao looks like Renton and Eureka's Kid....

"Somethings going to change..." See Renton and Renton's father. The family line that makes the world change, is it not?

Anyways the only assumption I'm planning on sticking to is something that is found from the previous season, the Scub coral is trying to take back its descendants. So the reason it "appeared twice" in the same place, would be to recover Ao.
kyled00mApr 13, 2012 1:09 PM
Apr 13, 2012 1:00 PM

Oct 2011
AidanAK47 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

I watched the episode and made those deductions from it. Obviously I could be wrong. Though would you like me to explain in detail?

Since you did look at the posts I made/mentioned - at the end of Eureka Seven (SPOILERS FOLLOW) the Nirvash took half of the planet's Scub Coral with it into space, saving earth, and letting the humans and coral both live there. By doing this, it exposed the sear, japan, and other states - Others remain covered as far as we can tell.

Nirvash told both Eureka and Renton to lead on as an example for relations between the coralians and the humans on this "new earth" that was uncovered one more.

AO takes place 13 years or so after that ending.
Apr 13, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
All I can say is it pales in comparison to the original series and it leaves alot of questions yet to be answered although this is still the first episode I will look forward to the next ones.
Apr 13, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
BRSxIgnition said:
AidanAK47 said:
BRSxIgnition said:

Since you did look at the posts I made/mentioned - at the end of Eureka Seven (SPOILERS FOLLOW) the Nirvash took half of the planet's Scub Coral with it into space, saving earth, and letting the humans and coral both live there. By doing this, it exposed the sear, japan, and other states - Others remain covered as far as we can tell.

Nirvash told both Eureka and Renton to lead on as an example for relations between the coralians and the humans on this "new earth" that was uncovered one more.

AO takes place 13 years or so after that ending.

It can't be this simple, however, as the geopolitical identities and cultures are far too fragmented and distinct to have simply taken place 13 years later. For example, a mere thirteen years isn't nearly enough time for the people of Earth to break off from the United Federation and to suddenly adopt ancient nations (such as Japan and America) for themselves. There were also displays of specifically Japanese xenophobia, which again, just culturally wouldn't have existed at this time (not xenophobia in general, obviously).

Either it's a time-travel story, where Ao (obviously the son of Eureka and Renton) has somehow been injected into the past, when the Scub were an emerging threat on Earth, or the scenario where he's been injected into an alternate universe, where such geopolitical boundaries and cultures are possible, even in this time-period. Or it could even be both; I just don't think, however, that it is a simple continuation 13 years set after the first series, in the SAME Universe.

Like or hate the movie, it had an obvious canonical connection to the first series, and it was clearly an alternate universe set shortly after the "Second Summer of Love"; it only makes sense that this series is likely a similar scenario, albeit with a much more direct connection, with him being the first series' protagonists' actual son.
Apr 13, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
Itadakiimasu said:
All I can say is it pales in comparison to the original series and it leaves alot of questions yet to be answered although this is still the first episode I will look forward to the next ones.

How? The writing and characterization seems to be more mature and focused in general, and the technical qualities are admirable. To make such a resolute statement off of first episode impressions is also brash.
Apr 13, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2010
Cheeze_whiZ said:
Despite Ao bearing an uncanny resemblance to Erica and Renton, some things don't add up. First off, they are in Japan. I realize at the end of the last show it turns out they were on earth, but they were still on a whole continent above the old ones. Also the show seems to have a blend between old tech from our days and new tech from eureka seven. Finally no mention of what happened at all in the past.

I know they are gonna develop the plot and explain everything eventually, but I wish we could at least get a look at the moon to see if the heart is still there lol. As soon as the bracelet lit up I was hoping we would get a look at the moon.

I feel like this show is totally on crack and does not fit in with the old one at all.

I agree.

Alot of things are contradicting themselves. First the existence of Japan, According to a map shown in one of the scenes, this is taking place in Earth, Then why is there Trapar?

From what I saw this is clearly a sequel (eureka appearing before Ao)

Despite this I really enjoyed this episode, and im confident all of these questions will be answered.

5/5
Apr 13, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2011
Dangerr said:
It can't be this simple, however, as the geopolitical identities and cultures are far too fragmented and distinct to have simply taken place 13 years later. For example, a mere thirteen years isn't nearly enough time for the people of Earth to break off from the United Federation and to suddenly adopt ancient nations (such as Japan and America) for themselves. There were also displays of specifically Japanese xenophobia, which again, just culturally wouldn't have existed at this time (not xenophobia in general, obviously)

I say 13 years or so as a minimum - seeing as Ao is 13 years old. Considering Eureka and Renton conceived a child right around the ending time of the original anime, then Ao would be the son, and there wouldn't be any time-travel or anything. Of course, they could have only conceived a child much later, and this series could take place as many as 25 years after the original - we don't know yet.

You can delve as deep as you want into your theories - but I don't think that it is anything as obviously ridiculous as time-travel. Time travel never occurred in the original, why would it spring up now?

Also, with the original earth exposed, it wouldn't be hard for someone to find SOME kind of map with the original names of the countries, correct? Either data or otherwise.

Supergrunt8 said:
Alot of things are contradicting themselves. First the existence of Japan, According to a map shown in one of the scenes, this is taking place in Earth, Then why is there Trapar?
5/5

If I remember the correlation correctly, Trapar still exist because the Coral still exists on the planet. Nirvash only took half of the Scub Coral with it when it left the planet in the original.

Japan still exists because the planet was only covered by Scub Coral, not destroyed by it.
Apr 13, 2012 1:59 PM

Jan 2008
Supergrunt8 said:

I agree.

Despite this I really enjoyed this episode, and im confident all of these questions will be answered.

5/5

Image of the last seconds of Eureka Seven Episode 50

As you can see the land mass called Japan exists and is not covered by Scrub Coral anymore because Nirvash took half of them with it at the End of E7.

Trapar also still exists because Nirvash only took half of the Scrub Coral with it. The other half is still on Earth so Trapar can still exist, even though the concentration of it shouldn't be as high as before.

@Dangerr:
was the nation of America even mentioned? They only mentioned China-Japan and the United Okinawan Archipelago.

I see your point though. Of course it could be an alternate universe... I hope that the next episodes will make things clearer.
Zhao_YunApr 13, 2012 2:19 PM
Apr 13, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
Interesting first episode, I wont compare it to Eureka Seven yet until I've seen more or perhaps finished it. I got lots of questions in my head too but maybe it will all be gonna explained later. Anyway I really liked the sharp art with clean and crisp animation.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 13, 2012 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
Really good episode , they are few contradiction indeed but it's just the first episode and we all know that in Eureka Seven the "mysteries" are revealed till the end .

Apr 13, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2010
The first chapter of the AO manga identified the setting as 2025 A.D. So there must be time travel involved.
Apr 13, 2012 2:58 PM

May 2009
Alterego-X said:
So there must be time travel involved.

Nope it wasn't. Moondoggie driver's licence had 2005 date, also adoption papers.
Apr 13, 2012 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
bastek66 said:
Alterego-X said:
So there must be time travel involved.

Nope it wasn't. Moondoggie driver's licence had 2005 date, also adoption papers.

Nice catch! So 20 Years later is confirmed.
Apr 13, 2012 3:51 PM
Jul 2008
I thought the Scub Coral elevated half of itself into the 7th dimension, leaving the planet half-exposed and half-encased in hundreds of kilometers of coral-mass?

And it's a pity we didn't get a shot at the moon. I wonder if the heart mark is still there.

Unfortunately, the music did not seem as glorious as it was in the Original. Maybe it was too perfect for the scenes, but I didn't really notice them throughout, yet when i watched again (and looked for the bgm) they were pretty awesome...

5/5 for me, looking forward to it blowing my mind.
Apr 13, 2012 4:38 PM

Oct 2010
Zhao_Yun said:
Supergrunt8 said:

I agree.

5/5

Image of the last seconds of Eureka Seven Episode 50

Well thanks for clearing that up.

And Sorry for not remembering well the ending of E7. :D
Apr 13, 2012 5:26 PM
Dec 2007
I was really sceptical before watching this episode since Sato's not scripting the series (Aikawa and Kyoda are) but now I'm relieved. The art and animation are obviously great but above all there's a progression in the story already and even though we lost some aspects of the original series (the romance, coming-of-age and adventure - yes I know it's a lot) it's still largely above average and Renton/Eureka's child is a pretty good character. On top of that, voice acting is great and the ending scene was extremely well-directed with a great BGM too. Pretty reassuring.

DarthVantos said:
I don't know what is going on here but all these sequels that stray too far from the original (blood-C,Last Exile)

How many times must we say that Blood+ is NOT the original series on which Blood-C is based but Blood The Last Vampire (a movie - more renowned by the way - released in 2000) is. And Blood-C is far more faithful to the original than Blood+ was. And better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 13, 2012 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
glad it's finally here ... still somewhat skeptical but it definitely started full throttle which was ... in one word ... awesome! Hopefully it will build up to the magic that the first created.

At the least the music choice seems to match... Great ED song

And I know asking this is probably lame ... but did anyone else feel like they were going to cry when they showed Eureka? >_<
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.