Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 2, 2012 6:30 PM

Jun 2011
Loved the series, so I give it a 9/10. But I don't want to have a season 2 just cause the ending is so predictable. But if so, I'm gonna watch it.

Apr 9, 2012 5:14 PM

Jun 2011
I liked the series,
but the end concert
GAH
everything is over exaggerated here..
but still!
I was able to reason out that giant stadium
WITH ALL THAT SCREAMING
because of Hayato
BUT THEN
fangirls
HAD TO SING ALONG TO PARTS
WHERE DID THEY EVEN HEAR IT BEFORE?

SERIOUSLY.
HOW
WHERE
WHAT.
GRR
Jun 30, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
The high fives were the best part of the episode.
Poor Shinomiya-san though.. knee length skirts lawl.
I wish Haruka cranked out a new song for them to debut with but it's whatever.. I still don't know why the headmaster named them "Starish" though. It's a terrible name.

I'm really surprised though.. I was really expecting SOMEONE (anyone) to give a real confession sometime in the season, and not just "I love the songs you make". I know they said that romance is forbidden, but that also sets it up for someone to just break the rule. But that would be cliche I guess, despite that the show already has so many cliches.

I'd probably watch a season 2 of this if it meant that there would more drama and romance, and if it were that the boys had become total celebrities.. but I kind of don't want there to be a second season for this. I think it ends well enough.
Aug 19, 2012 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
I can't how many times Haruka cried in this episode :I
This serie was mehhh... 5/10
Sep 21, 2012 7:00 AM

Jun 2010
Looking forward to the next season!

I liked this anime, it has Greatt high budget visuals, beautiful character designs, good music, an ending sequence you never get tired of (Lolol).

The story is kinda eh and there are cliches everywhere XD But I enjoyed it, and wished there were more episodes. So for all the above mentioned I'm giving it a 7/10 <3
Oct 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it was an okay series I guess. I actually liked the first few episodes in the beginning that focused on each of the characters' separately than the story imo.

This finale was kinda boring (3/5) worthy but the final song was refreshing to listen to. Might give season 2 a shot as well. Who knows.

7/10
Dec 24, 2012 9:48 PM

Apr 2007
Needed less DRAMA and Tokiya. More other guys and...yeah that's it. I really just wish the rest of the guys were explored some more (wry Satsuki only in 1 ep? ;_;). First 8 episodes >>>>>> the last 5.

Buuuuuuuut I still turned into a giddy fangirl at most parts so mission accomplished, I suppose. Dat concert at the end <333
MonochromeDec 24, 2012 9:52 PM
Jan 4, 2013 9:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
dorothy3242 said:
I liked the series,
but the end concert
GAH
everything is over exaggerated here..
but still!
I was able to reason out that giant stadium
WITH ALL THAT SCREAMING
because of Hayato
BUT THEN
fangirls
HAD TO SING ALONG TO PARTS
WHERE DID THEY EVEN HEAR IT BEFORE?

SERIOUSLY.
HOW
WHERE
WHAT.
GRR

Wow we think alike! I was wondering too...because it was their debut concert and I'm pretty sure they hadn't released their song so it was kind of weird how the fans could sing along. Not only that, I'm surprised at how big the stadium was and how many fans they had already. But it doesn't actually bother me that much, just something I noticed.

Dailymoon said:
I can't how many times Haruka cried in this episode :I
This serie was mehhh... 5/10

Yeah, I think Haruka is the worst type of heroine in a reverse harem...she had no character development whatsoever...unless you include the part where she says, "I'm done running away." That was so cliche, and not only that, I don't even understand the reason she ran away in the first place.

The best part of this episode and really, of the whole series, is the high-five scene! So cute! Definitely portrayed the feelings of excitement that Starish had for their debut after all the work they've gone through.

Interesting anime overall, but I can't say I loved it. I only watched for the pretty animation and the music, and most of all, for Miyano Mamoru :P

6/10
Jan 10, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
I am constantly asking myself why I am enjoying this...
Haruka is annoying, their love for music goes overboard dramatically, episodes 9-12 sucked... but I like it...

gawd dat concert

the anime is mainly about music and the feels they give you.

7.45/10~ w/out my guilty pleasure its a clear 5/10 xD
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 18, 2013 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
I would like to get this off my chest. Starish is a stupid name. They're only star-ish? Not actually stars? >_< Every time someone says it I like it less. *phew* I feel better now.

I loved the telling off she got from the headmaster. ^^; She's not essential. *lol*

Why. Why did they have to replay that super corny scene with that song again. ^^;

And you know... the longer this goes on as a group, the less likely she is going to be able to choose just one of them.
Feb 11, 2013 11:23 PM
Aug 2011
I always thought her grandmother was dead...
I watched the dialogue between her and Haruka at 4x speed because it was unbearable at normal playback. Pathetic female lead is pathetic. :s

Everytime I see the guys dancing and singing that song I feel second-hand embarrassment.

but Why did they have to use it as first OP and the ED sequences?
I feel like it would have more impact if we hadn't already seen it.
A-Shit Pictures, cutting corners and recycling animation like always.

6/10 for now and that's being really nice.
Mostly because Wakamoto Norio always delivers but that is to be expected of course.
Mar 3, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
Great last ep imo I loved their performance at the end this was a very satisfying series!
Apr 22, 2013 4:50 AM
Sep 2012
The last few episodes had no tension at all. Everything was so predictable.

Without the voice acting of Wakamoto I would have dropped this show pretty early. 6/10.
Apr 26, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2011
LOL I found myself laughing at their dancing. I really didn't mean to but it looked kinda funny. xP Onward to season 2!
May 2, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
The best parts of this show really were the songs and colorful animations. Characters and plot were mediocre, only found 4/6 guys decent. I was hoping Haruka was going to stop being so weak-willed but that didn't really happen until the last 10 minutes of the show. The dramatic parts were not done that well and I didn't really feel the tension. Nonetheless, it had some quite enjoyable moments and was an overall fun ride. I was really hoping for a new song from Starish at the end there too as their debut number! :(

Now to watch Season 2!

May 3, 2013 5:48 PM
Jan 2008
first off...this is officially the most gayest anime I've ever seen. Nothing wrong with that of course, but this is soooooooo CAMP that Joan Rivers would have a field day with this.

I skipped to this episode...knew whatever happened, Haruka and the Fish would perform. I see the four dudes from season two are in it, as well as Hot Cat Boy.

That being said....I feel like I should've hated this series for how dumb it is....but goddamn it, I actually LOVED the Fish and I liked Haruka. She's a total fucking airhead, but yet.....she's likable enough.

I really thought they'd pair her up with Ichinose at the end though.
Oct 28, 2013 9:32 AM

Jun 2011
KayChan4U said:
Tbh this episode ticked me off.

About 2/3s of the damn thing was Haruka bitching and whining and CRYING NONE STOP and feeling sorry for herself. Yeah, I REALLY wanted the last episode to be totally Haruka-centric with her being a friggen cry baby e___e I really dunno why any of those guys like her. She's boring and weak and fragile and wimpy and just annoying. Then again it seems like a lot of reverse harems love going with that trend sadly..

That's just the downside for me in this episode. I REALLY liked seeing Cecil and the other singers in the audience. That was a real plus, and the concert itself was pretty cool.

So minus annoying Haruka, I'm giving it 9/10 cause I loved it for the guys.

This! I cringed so hard when those men appeared in front of her grandma's house and sang the song.. Damn why did they went so far for her!!!

I also love Cecil and the other singers in the audience seat XD Can't wait to see them in S2.

Love the concert XD Maji Love 1000% <3

Edit: And dat crazy principal :p
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 25, 2013 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
6/10 Definitely enjoyed most of it, minus the last few melodramatic episodes. A guilty pleasure even if it sucks a lot.

Cons:
Incredibly cliche most of the time
Main character started out okay but ended up being too indecisive and airheaded
Underdeveloped bishounens (especially Ren and Syo)
Annoying forced drama with cliches thrown in
Too many convenient moments (ex: Haru and Tokiya meeting under the moonlight almost every episode)

Pros:
Very good animation and artwork
Fun to watch most of the time
Made me laugh at the stupidity
Nice music even if the lyrics are cheesy
Good dance sequences
Good effort on inducing equal character screentime
Good setting
Feb 23, 2014 4:48 PM

Feb 2014
I kept laughing my ass out to the whole show because of the girl ( HER EYES omgg, i didn't want to sleep tonight aanyway) soo creepy
i liked the show a little but i don't think it deserve a 10/10
it would be cool if she ended up with ONE of them and others would be happy too D: and I WANT A KISS , i would never consider an anime to a romance unless there is a kiss . But anyway there is a second season and i hope we will find something interesting in it :D -FINGER CROSS-

Jun 18, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
When they showed that concert at the start of the series, I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head thinking "oh man so cheesy." But this time around I was really feeling both the song and the dancing. The high fives right beforehand were a win and I like what Haruka says about music right before the debut concert started.

But I think my favorite part of this episode was when the guys all came to get Haruka and sang that short song again. I love the melody and the little fantasy bit had such a feel good sensation that came along with the lyrics.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this series. Most of the character songs and group songs were fantastic and it's some of the best male seiyuu singing I've heard in an anime. I think what I enjoyed most about this was how passionate the characters were about music. Although I lost count of the times a guy would go "Haruka, I love......the music you make."

I may be the lone wolf on this thread when I say this but I actually liked Haruka. I really liked her honest love for music and her airhead moments were amusing. It helped contribute to an already lighthearted, fun experience. I also didn't mind how over the top and unrealistic it got at times, it fit well with the crazy atmosphere.

700/1000%, will tune in for 2000% in the near future.

Oh and Ringo was awesome, had me laughing nearly every time.
ZekkenshinJun 18, 2014 7:54 AM
Jun 25, 2014 3:23 AM

Apr 2010
5/10 just because of the last episode that was actually quite interesting. :)
Jul 8, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2009
I really enjoyed this anime!! more than I thought I would. I absolutely adored the part where the guys came to her grandmas house and sang that song for her. WHERE IS THE FULL VERSION! That song is so damn beautiful.

The ending made me a fangirl big time. I already knew the whole song just about so here I am smiling like an idiot and singing and squealing like a love struck teenager. Just so much fun in those last little bits. So I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. It had very nice music and a somewhat nice story. Just something lighthearted every now and then is needed.

They finally showed them dancing during the countdown part. Super hilarious but interesting at the same time.

Aug 24, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
KayChan4U said:
I really dunno why any of those guys like her. She's boring and weak and fragile and wimpy and just annoying. Then again it seems like a lot of reverse harems love going with that trend sadly..

I have to admit Haruka is my least favorite thing about the entire series (well, her and Shining). I usually like otome protagonists, but Haruka is just annoying - she's incredibly naive, cries all the damn time and gives up too easily. I know there are people with confidence issues, but this girl just takes it too far. And to be fair, she doesn't do anything in the series - she just brought the guys together and makes some music, and that's it. (Not to mention her moe voice irks me.) I'm watching this episode right now, and I'm about to scream at the screen "STOP BAWLING ALREADY!".

As far as reverse harems go, Starry Sky and the entire Neoromance franchise have really good protagonists. For ex, Nozomi in Haruka 3 is a swordswoman and Tsukiko from Starry Sky is more of a tomboy than a girly girl. And then there's Alice from Alice in the Country of Hearts who's just amazing. I freakin' LOVE that girl - she actually snarks the love interests and has enough guts to bicker with a mafia boss. XD
BeldariusAug 24, 2014 11:22 AM
"Everything is idiocy if you choose to look at it in the proper light." -Belgarath, Pawn of Prophecy (David Eddings)

My Candies:
Jun 14, 2015 6:14 AM

Jun 2014
Nice final episode. I think it wrapped things up pretty nicely, and Shou's casual outfit these past 2 episodes was really cute. :3

Oh A-1, I see what you did there with that senior cameo. ;)
DazzlingAnime1Oct 22, 2016 12:03 PM
Jun 27, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
Went from totally disliking the song to actually digging it LOL

Didn't watch this for the plot, so as expected, I was frustrated a lot of times because of the plot holes, but I guess it is still somewhat enjoyable in a way...I guess. Bishies XD

Nanami's eyes still freak me out...

I think I actually watched this to see the development of romance between Nanami and Tokiya, and I'm sad we didn't get to see that. Will it happen in the next seasons? Because that's the (only?) reason I will want to watch S2 and S3 (for now)
Jul 12, 2015 9:18 AM
Jun 2014
I thought her grandma was dead, because at the beginning she used to say shinryainara obaa-chan or something like that and I thought shinryainara meant passed away.

Aug 3, 2015 2:18 PM

May 2012
Overall average ending of an average anime, this still remains an over the top shoujo anime focused on female service but well in general it was okay and with one more season to go I do wonder what it will offer us!
Dec 4, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Haruka-chan. I really felt her pain.
But all's well that ends well ^-^
Feb 24, 2016 1:13 AM

Mar 2008
Ending song and animation was pretty good tbh. It looks like they used half of their budget for that.

Guilty pleasure/10

god I really dislike Haruka though.
May 17, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2013
In the end, Cecile didn't appear again lolol. Could've done without that part of the episode tbh

The boys looks hawt in their outfits. I approve ;D
Nov 26, 2016 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
A happy ending huh.

3.2/5

Overall: 6/10
Jun 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm.. 5 or 6..

Its just that it lacked plot (and the plot that was there was predictable or cliche) but the songs, art and pretty boys are good.

Ok 6 it is
Mar 20, 2019 10:07 AM

Mar 2017
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't even know where to start.
Should I even continue to watch this cause there's a season 2...

Shou is the only one who made me watch this though+ the animation of this series is pretty good btw especially the dancing parts.

Conclusion;
an average reverse harem series that has a very pure heroine which makes her annoying lol

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 26, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2015
It was predictable but fun nonetheless.
Basically, it's a seiyuu show for me, so I got what I came here for and enjoyed it immensely. Overall though, pretty average.
Jul 22, 2020 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
Lulexiaa said:
asckj1 said:

It seems you saw it full nonetheless :P

I guess....

I hated Haruka so bad....she was annoying and a dumbass....
Overall this show was fucking terrible... ;P
then why did you give it a 7/10 ?? Change of heart over the past 9 years ?? Ahah
Feb 12, 2023 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
I have to say I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. There's a fuck ton of things that don't make sense or were very confusing (like at the end I don't understand exactly WHAT was Tokiya/Hayato's problem) but I'm not expecting that much from an otome anime.

The worst thing from the anime HAS to be Haruka. She's not only extremely bland in terms of looks and personality (which ins't inherently a bad thing but no one can buy the fact that so many dudes are crazy about her) but also selfish and wimpy. I can't for the life of me understand WHY so many MCs from otome stories are exactly like her, it's so hard not to be annoyed by them. Tomochika would have been a better MC imo, she's way better looking and has more of a upbeat and cool personality.

The best from the show is absolutely 1000% Shining MOTHERFUCKING Saotome! Every single time he had a scene my friend and I were rolling on floor. I'm going to keep watching this show cause it was really entertaining but if I wouldn't have liked it I think that I still would have keep watching just cause of him, he's amazing! (Norio Wakamoto is the GOAT!)
Feb 25, 2023 3:55 AM

Jan 2021
"I can't understand why I'm not good enough.." it's because you keep saying "ah..", "eh.." and "uh.." every three seconds no matter what, Haru-chan.

I was going to give this a 6/10 which means it's fine... but, seriously... I thought I was supposed to be touched by this last episode, but all I got was annoyance. It was actually completely reasonable and makes sense that Nanami couldn't be their debut composer. But then she got accepted after... crying at her grandma's house?

Uhhhhh whatever, I'm a fan of happy endings so I felt... happy to see that the ending was their debut concert.

I 1000% love Ren! (and Ringo-sensei ♡)

Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM
Jun 2019
.kjefnkefekjdnwekfjbekjf
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% Episode 1 discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 2, 2011

125 by ai93 »»
Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.