Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2011 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Don't give a fuck who you wanted him to end with, He deserves EVERY god damn female cast member on this show....PERIOD

That's why we have "Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling".
http://steinsgate.jp/darling/

El Psy Congroo
kaimaxSep 6, 2011 4:51 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 6, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
Steins;Gate: [steyins-geyt] (Pronunciation)
noun
1. masterpiece, anything done with masterly skill.
2. mesmerizing, to compel by fascination.
3. magical, produced by or as if by magic.

Slang
El Psy Congroo

Origin
2000–2100; Steins+;+Gate

Related Forms
Steins;Gated, verb
Steins;Gateabilty, noun
Steins;Gateable, adjective
Steins;Greatness, noun

rofl im gonna steal this :D
wow that was an amazing episode as per usual, somehow it just clicked in my mind when they went back that okabe would be the one to stab Kurisu and that the scream belonged to him +_+ still quite blown at the death scene though and the fact that the stupid prof turned out to be her dad @_@
all in all even the tiny bit of effects like the change in future okabe's voice all the way to the ED change were brilliant fits the mood perfectly

Z-flame said:
I tried to look if "Skurd" had any deep meaning but couldn't find any, so i decided to look for "Skuld" instead and find out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuld

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Skuld

So basically Skuld means "future" or "goddess of fate"( I'm guessing this is referring to Kurisu)

awesome find, another Norse myth reference on Okabe's part; i wonder if theres more to his myth references than just pure interest ._.

Edit: forgot the magic El Psy Congroo :D
Sep 6, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2011
Z-flame said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Anybody who feels this should not end in Harem should go kill yourself.

Don't give a fuck who you wanted him to end with, He deserves EVERY god damn female cast member on this show....PERIOD

Yeah, he does deserve all of them XD
However he himself chose Kurisu.

Steins;Gate is pratically a pseudoharem, but as already mentioned, Okabe chose Kurisu, so we will have to deal with it.
Just one more episode to go, it feels like the show started yesterday.
Sep 6, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2008
Excuse my language but... HOLY SHIT! This episode... mother of god, it is the best to date.

For Okabe to find out that he actually killed Kurisu is tragic and heartbreaking for him. And yet, his mad scientist self kicks that depression out the window and he's ready to change the world, Hououin Kyouma style!

I'm sad to see the series go but at the same time, I can't wait for the last episode. Steins;Gate has to be one of the best anime of 2011 for sure. No other anime has got me so at the edge than Steins;Gate. I'm so buying the anime when Funimation releases it.

I'm in love with Sky-Clad Observer now. It's such a awesome song.

El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 4:51 PM

Feb 2011
I made the mistake of watching it in public and I had to awkwardly hide the fact that I came in my pants.
Sep 6, 2011 5:00 PM
Sep 2011
i agree with pretty much everyone before that this was an epic episode, however, i do have a little problem following the logic.

Someone please enlighten me, because else this will bother me even after the show is over, probably for all my life!
Sep 6, 2011 5:23 PM
Dec 2010
I had the same question, and the only explanation that I could think of is

That's all I can come up with.
atan0111Sep 6, 2011 5:26 PM
Sep 6, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
OMGWTFBBQ???!!!!!!THAT WAS SO F***ING EPIC!!! AHHHH!!!! I S**T MYSELF FROM ITS BALL BUSTING STORY!!! My balls literally exploded when the episode ended. It was just so EPIC!! And I have a hard-on that will last me until the last episode airs! AND IT HURTS!!!! ITS SCRAPING MY ZIPPER!!! AHHH!!!!!!! So EPIC words can not describe it.
He killed Kurisu which made sense about the first episode of a scream that sounded exactly like him. So all of this HAD to happen in order to....F*** IT! WE ALL KNOW!! I don't have to explain shit to you.....IT WAS JUST SO EPIC THAT NOW I AM SUPER PUMPED! Loved it, Steins;Gate deserves to be a nominee for having such a BALL-BUSTING and PANTS-CRAPPING story!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 6, 2011 5:29 PM

Oct 2010
RedMage23 said:
I made the mistake of watching it in public and I had to awkwardly hide the fact that I came in my pants.

You simply only need to produce your phone and report, in a very loud and carrying but confidential tone, that the organization has spoiled your pants, but this will not hinder Operation Freyja. Then signed off with El Psy Congroo and walk away calmly.

El Psy Congroo
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 6, 2011 5:34 PM
May 2011
I don't understand, his future self already is aware of all the parameters and the means to deceive his past self so why bother explaining it to a lesser superior version of himself.
Sep 6, 2011 5:39 PM

May 2011
Emilet said:
I don't understand, his future self already is aware of all the parameters and the means to deceive his past self so why bother explaining it to a lesser superior version of himself.

DO NOT EVER QUESTION HOUOIN KYOMA'S LOGIC.

- El Psy Congroo
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Sep 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
This anime is so epic, I LOVE IT <3
El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
soooooooooo gooooood! i was just waiting for his laugh at the end!.
Sep 6, 2011 5:56 PM

May 2009
Wow, wow, wow. What a way to end the penultimate episode! I was so disappointed (though somewhat sympathetic) when Okabe gave up like that. But then everything suddenly became so.... Yeah, epic is the perfect word. Can't wait to see how it ends. In the meantime, I just might watch this one again.
Sep 6, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2008
Oh man....next week will be very exciting!

....and here I thought that MADOKA was the best anime of 2011.

What an amazing anime this has been, I can't wait for the epic conclusion.
Sep 6, 2011 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
Emilet said:

Time is conceptually infinite; therefore, it also means there are an infinite number of world lines. If the future Okabe does not explain the parameters, the current Okabe will not be able to send a time machine back to the next Okabe for him to save Kurisu. Continuity has to be maintained such that in every world line, Okabe must send a message back to his older self in a different world line that has not experienced the events of saving Kurisu.

This concept might be somewhat difficult to grasp if you're new to the theory of time travel, but some viewers might already be more familiar if they've watched or read the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

asmodin88 said:
Then how the F- couldn't he watch the contents of the Video-mail sent to him in Episode 1 and can only do so after failing to have saved Kurisu? I would even accept some shitty explaination liike him only being able to see it after having gone through the Trauma caused by him stabbing Kurisu, however, Daru and Mayuri can see the Video aswell?!?!?!?!?

At the time of Okabe's first viewing of the video on July 28 in episode 1, the world line had not diverged (i.e. Schrödinger's cat scenario); therefore, the future where he has to save Kurisu was not already determined. This meant the future was still fluid, and it was not certain that events would occur where Kurisu would die and that Okabe would need to tell himself how to save her. This is probably what affects the video feed because it can only be viewed in the case where certain events have occurred.
arsonalSep 6, 2011 6:31 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 6, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
This episode directly opens to a happy ending. (Or so that's what I think).

Anyway, great episode now that another piece of the puzzle is placed.
-Fixing-
Sep 6, 2011 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
Deceive your other self.
Deceive the world.
El. Psy. Congoo.

FREAKIN EPICNESS
Sep 6, 2011 6:41 PM
May 2011
arsonal said:
Emilet said:

Time is conceptually infinite; therefore, it also means there are an infinite number of world lines. If the future Okabe does not explain the parameters, the current Okabe will not be able to send a time machine back to the next Okabe for him to save Kurisu. Continuity has to be maintained such that in every world line, Okabe must send a message back to his older self in a different world line that has not experienced the events of saving Kurisu.

This concept might be somewhat difficult to grasp if you're new to the theory of time travel, but some viewers might already be more familiar if they've watched or read the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

This is true for him if he was to maintain the continuity of him -explaining to himself what had already been explained to him by himself- but why was that necessary at all. His superior 30 year old self could have still deceived his past-past self without explaining it to his now past self.

asmodin88 said:
Then how the F- couldn't he watch the contents of the Video-mail sent to him in Episode 1 and can only do so after failing to have saved Kurisu? I would even accept some shitty explaination liike him only being able to see it after having gone through the Trauma caused by him stabbing Kurisu, however, Daru and Mayuri can see the Video aswell?!?!?!?!?

At the time of Okabe's first viewing of the video on July 28 in episode 1, the world line had not diverged; therefore, the future where he has to save Kurisu was not already determined. This meant the future was still fluid, and it was not certain that events would occur where Kurisu would die and that Okabe would need to tell himself how to save her. This is probably what affects the video feed because it can only be viewed in the case where certain events have occurred.

But the fact he received a video at all means the preconditions have already been met otherwise it wouldn't have been sent at all.
Sep 6, 2011 6:44 PM

May 2010
They changed the part of the OP song. Still sounds good to me.
Suzuha really looks good in her new appearance. :D

I totally have to look up above like a failure when Okabe failed and what's more is that he's the one who killed Kurisu.

Changing the future without changing the past?? O_o

Bring on the finale!!!!

/mybodyisready
Sep 6, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2011
The best episode till now (for me^^)
When he stabbed Kurisu, I felt like if I was stabbed too...
Too epic 203/203
I can't wait to see the final one (I wish my future me comes with a time machine, then we'll go to next week.. FUHAHAHAHAHAHA )
Sep 6, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
The ending was amazing. Wow.
Sep 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
This is just epic in every sense
I don't know why but i thought of the possibility of Okabe actually being the one that kills Kurisu, though no in the same context (more like an evil Kurisu and stopping war BS) anyways this was just amazing never expected that!!

"Deceive your other self"
"Deceive the world"
"El Psy Congroo"

F*cking awesome!!! :D
Sep 6, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2009
My mind is blown watching that PV saying "Deceive the first you." "Deceive the world."

Fuck the answer was right there.
Sep 6, 2011 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
Epic episode, one of the best so far.

The Mad Scientist, Hououin Kyouma is back. He can deceive his past self, he can deceive the world itself because he is Mad Scientist.
Sep 6, 2011 7:37 PM

Feb 2011
The series ends with a mass deception. How fitting for an insane mad scientist.
Sep 6, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2009
Emilet said:

I think my trying to answer two similar (but actually unrelated) questions at once caused some confusion for you, so I'll see if I can make it clearer. There are three versions (if that's what you can call it) of Okabe that we'll keep in mind:
1. Okabe of 28 July 2010 (in episode 1)
2. Okabe of 21 August 2010 (in episode 23)
3. Okabe of 2025

As far as I can tell, your question is why Okabe #3 could not directly deceive Okabe #1 but instead must tell Okabe #2 to do it. I can't for sure answer this question because I don't know yet what the deception plan entails as I've not read the visual novel, though I have my own theories.

The precondition of the video being sent was met in all (beta) world lines, which is the occurrence of World War III which precipitates all the events that occurred in the series.* The precondition of the video being viewed is met later because Okabe must develop his feelings for Kurisu between July 28 and August 21. Additionally, he has to understand that the Attractor Field convergence does not only occur with Mayuri's death, but also with Kurisu's death. Again, without knowing the deception plan, I don't know how the Attractor Field convergence can be avoided, leading to the Steins Gate line.

*PS. Remember that in the beginning of this episode Suzuha said the way to avoid World War III is to prevent the death of Kurisu.

*PPS. Remember also that earlier in the series, an alpha world line version of Suzuha also said that Kurisu is an agent of SERN which began World War III. This Suzuha is different from the beta line Suzuha and threw off all our theories because it led to a misunderstanding as to how World War III actually occurred.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 6, 2011 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Emilet said:

This is true for him if he was to maintain the continuity of him -explaining to himself what had already been explained to him by himself- but why was that necessary at all. His superior 30 year old self could have still deceived his past-past self without explaining it to his now past self.

Well, it's because of causality issues. They are essentially trying to respect the principle of a closed loop in spacetime. Only because Kyouma failed during his first attempt, the future Kyouma invented the space machine. Conversely, Kyouma failed in the first time due to this time machine his future self invented. Thus, they are already caught in the loop. Thus, the future Kyouma, to avoid causing more mess, has to employ the younger Kyouma to do the deed and cheat the God of Space and Time Deus Ex (Mirai Nikki reference)
Emilet said:

But the fact he received a video at all means the preconditions have already been met otherwise it wouldn't have been sent at all.

Again, an issue of "causality" in a closed loop. It has to "self-consistent" and self-sustaining logic. To put it in words, "it happens because it happens". That's how the world came to be.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 6, 2011 7:45 PM

Feb 2011
arsonal said:
Again, without knowing the deception plan, I don't know how the Attractor Field convergence can be avoided, leading to the Steins Gate line.

Okabe #2 only has to deceive the masses long enough so that Okabe #1 can send the first D-Mail. The ideal result is that Okabe #1 will shift to the alpha world line and Okabe #2 will shift to the Steins Gate world line.
Sep 6, 2011 7:53 PM

Nov 2009
HOLY SHIT ZOMG ITS NOTHING FOR HOUOUIN KYOUMA!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2011 8:02 PM

Dec 2010
The music in the bg when HOUOUIN KYOUMA was getting his groove back was oh-so-epic.

It's been a great ride, but now we know there will only be 1 episode left. ;_;
Sep 6, 2011 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
Emilet said:

Let's say that that 30 year old Okabe save Christina in the past then what?
She won't die but she won't met Okabe as well, they'll both go their way and he'll still be alone in the future.
This is self satisfaction, he want the Okabe at that time to save her so that he continue his life alongside Christina because he couldn't do it.
You need to get that if that Okabe save Christina then he'll disapear. The whole existance of that 30 year old Okabe reside in the fact that he couldn't find a way to save her and that he then devoted his life to find a way.
If he find a way to save her then he won't focus his life on finding this way and this 30yo Okabe will disapear and only the current Okabe will stay.

Emilet said:

That 30yo Okabe sent the video in a worldline where Okabe knew that he was the one that stabbed Christina. It's not a magic spellphone where Okabe only would be the one able to see it. The only condition was that, for the video to appear correctly, he should be in the worldline in which this 30yo Okabe sent it to.
This is also the basis of his plan, if he sent it to a worldline where Okabe wasn't aware of that fact he then would have lost any way to deceive himself and Christina would be fated to die.

For the plan to work he need to realise that he is the one that has stabbed Christina and he will have to put on the illusion to his past self that he did while he actually didn't.
Sep 6, 2011 8:15 PM

Jul 2010
One of the best episodes in the anime, very nice plot twist.

The ending of this episode was so good! Didn't expect Mayushii to slap Okabe xD

And Suzuha looks so cute with her hair tied back.
Sep 6, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was so amazing, I loved that the older Kyouma showed up too.
SO AWESOME! I love this anime! I don't want this anime to end T_T
MAD SCIENTIST HOUOUIN KYOUMA! ♥
Sep 6, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2010
future Okarin & Daru
Sep 6, 2011 8:52 PM
Jul 2011
Someone posted something interesting about the actual meaning of Steins;Gate on another site. I copy pasted it if anyone is interested.

>Stein means Stone

>Attractor means "a point in the ideal multidimensional phase space that is used to describe a system toward which the system tends to evolve regardless of the starting conditions of the system."

>Field is an area

>Convergence means "the notion that a sequence of transformations come to the same conclusion, no matter what order they are performed in."

Big stones dont evolve, they dont converge, its heavy to move, always there

The stone is surrounded by a gate, a gate that negates the attractor field convergence

Stein's(Stone);Gate = a place where the the Attactor Field Convergence has no effect
Sep 6, 2011 8:53 PM

Apr 2011
This episode really wrap up the small details from the beginning, but the seeing Okabe stabbing Kurisu didn't cause that much emotional anguish, compared to Mayuri death (changing a PG-13 to an R).

This series is really a VN game XD there so much routes available w/ Mayuri and Kurisu in the anime.
Sep 6, 2011 8:53 PM

Oct 2010
Every episode in this show is just fucking amazing.
and what ever happened to kurisu being a sern spy?
I guess that was false but oh well
Sep 6, 2011 8:54 PM

Oct 2010
You know what, I have watched this 3 times and it feels like I am totally drained of being excited. There was no anime that did this to me. I think I went over 9000 on being excited by this episode. I though the RAW was nuts but 2 more times with the subs have been even crazier.

There is nothing but a simple:

for the ED of this episode. The music the feeling everything. Too excited still.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 6, 2011 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
FFFFUUUU.

"Toku ni...imi wa nai"

I fucking cried.

Then again when he went back into mad scientist mode.
Sep 6, 2011 9:00 PM
Sep 2011
communiist said:
Every episode in this show is just fucking amazing.
and what ever happened to kurisu being a sern spy?
I guess that was false but oh well

Since they've swapped world lines to the other main one I would assume she never becomes one assuming okabe can save her, they were going to swap main world lines anyway and she never became a SERN spy for quite a few years so they never went on about it any further than suzuha saying she would.
Sep 6, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2010
Next anime since clannad to receive a 10 ^^

Sep 6, 2011 9:10 PM

May 2011
kusushi said:
future Okarin & Daru

OH THE GAR.
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Sep 6, 2011 9:13 PM

Sep 2007
Wow... that was pretty obvious that it would be Okabe killing Kurisu. What a cliched trope to pull. And it seems that Okabe still wears the same clothes for 15 years straight.
Sep 6, 2011 9:24 PM
Dec 2008
omg this is too good
Sep 6, 2011 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
one word, EPIC

HOUOIN KYOUMA is back!!!!!!

cant wait for 7 more days, its torture!

Sep 6, 2011 9:27 PM
Sep 2011
adonnTime said:
Someone posted something interesting about the actual meaning of Steins;Gate on another site. I copy pasted it if anyone is interested.

>Stein means Stone

>Attractor means "a point in the ideal multidimensional phase space that is used to describe a system toward which the system tends to evolve regardless of the starting conditions of the system."

>Field is an area

>Convergence means "the notion that a sequence of transformations come to the same conclusion, no matter what order they are performed in."

The stone is surrounded by a gate, a gate that negates the attractor field convergence

Stein's(Stone);Gate = a place where the the Attactor Field Convergence has no effect

You mean a famous imageboard that also talks about anime?

Lol, im the one that wrote this, I was trying to find my post on that site but got u instead, thanks
murdermajigSep 6, 2011 9:33 PM
Sep 6, 2011 9:31 PM

Jun 2011
MAD SCIENTIST HUOUIN KYOUMA!

Dang the choice of having Sky-Clad no kansokusya at the end was perfect! Totally got me pumped up for the final episode. CANT WAIT!

El Psy Congroo!
Sep 6, 2011 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
Epic.
Sep 6, 2011 9:59 PM
Jun 2011
adonnTime said:

>Stein means Stone

>Field is an area

I would first of all love to thank you, the poster as well as the person who devised this understanding of the gate because it has prevented my mind from exploding. As much as i love series like this, and as much as this is going to be the best anime i watched regardless of what happens. The problem is that im not stupid, i simply over analyze everything that is placed before me which makes my view a view within a view infinite paradox. This winds up confusing me and ushers forth a mad rampage on anime forums and lack of sleep until i have understood everything. Fayte/Stay night, madoka magica and now this within the same month is too much for my mind to handle.

The question i pose is quite obvious, so obvious that yes it is a stupid question. My understanding of Makise's fate is that her father stabbed her, kyouma stabbing her was a result of the convergence blah blah. Im going to take a shot at trying to understand what it is kyouma needs to do. When kyouma first realized makise was dead he sent the first D-mail which started the chain of events that ended in WWIII and mayushi's death. After reverting all his D-mails to return to the alpha world line he realizes that in order to return to the true alpha world line makise would have to die. So instead of changing the past in a cause and effect way, his future self mentions to fool himself into thinking she is dead when she is alive so when he sends the D-mail it has no effect > prevents the chain of events >and then burning the time machine papers which then will BUMP him into Steins Gate, the world line that does away with convergence (happy ending).

Sorry for the long read and i appreciate any comments and suggestions to where i may or may have misinterpreted the plot.

PS. I found it funny in the world line in which makise dies she supported time machines and in the world line where she lives she is totally 100% sure its not humanly possible. Is her personality been changed to protect her from death (D-mail creates world line where she doesnt agree with time machines > doesnt write the paper > doesnt get stabbed in a result) come as a surprise to anyone? Or do you guys think this is a coincidence? Thoughts?
Darkfalz89Sep 6, 2011 10:05 PM
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1828 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.