Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 21, 2011 5:10 PM

Nov 2009
shuncchi said:
oh and that menma had to tell something in the past may be a hint?

Thats exactly the answer to all of the questions.
In my theory, (possible spoiler)
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.
May 21, 2011 11:02 PM

Dec 2010
Wonder what Menma had to talk to with the group before she died....
May 22, 2011 6:00 AM

Aug 2009
ANARU ACTING TSUNDERE. <3
May 23, 2011 9:44 AM
Oct 2010
Ecchi, sketchy, one touchy! lksajdlksaj
May 23, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
Menma is not behaving like a ghost would. Not in the slightest. I'm waiting for big plot twists.

I agree that Poppo and Tsurumi have things that are hidden and will be revealed in emotional explosion.

Level 5 Shaman, lol.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 23, 2011 1:24 PM

May 2008
He watched Occult Gakuin LOL xD

I loved this episode, so much emotion just in around 20 minutes~
May 23, 2011 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
Nice episode. Loved how he saved Anjou
May 24, 2011 10:12 AM

Jun 2009
sayami said:
This reminds me, why advertise such shit in such awesome anime?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 24, 2011 5:25 PM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
sayami said:
Because this anime does have the paranormal theme and so does Occult. Can't think of anything else as to why. It was not shit IMO. At least I enjoyed it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 24, 2011 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
sayami said:
Because this anime does have the paranormal theme and so does Occult. Can't think of anything else as to why. It was not shit IMO. At least I enjoyed it.

because the next episode (Ano Hana ep.7) director is Itou Tomohiko?
and same studio A-1...
May 24, 2011 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
sayami said:
and same studio A-1...
Perhaps it may be. That shall be interesting, he did a good emotional story with that little girl as a ghost to pass on to the next world. He is thus excellent to do this kind of series with ghosts. I got moved to tears with that snow little girl who died of cold because she believed in Santa. :( Such a tear jerker.

In other news, got a hold of the preview and 2 interesting things it shows. From the looks of it, there shall be a closer encounter between Anjou x Jinta in the spoiler
Also it will be interesting to know who influenced and why to get a job it suggests in the following spoiler
it will be a fun episode because it will show how much more will Jinta become a man! As he did so well to be in this episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 24, 2011 10:44 PM

Nov 2010
I think this Japanese habit of keeping an altar for the dead person at home is rather morbid... it's like if the gravestones of your relatives were in your backyard instead of the cemetery, would you be confortable with it?
Plus, it's contradictory that Menma's father cleaned her whole room up to help her mother be less obsessed with her, yet allows her to offer her a bowl of food on a gigantic altar right in the middle of their house everyday...

In this scene:

Did anybody else think Jinta's mother's ghost would suddenly creep out from the shadows on the right? No? Didn't think so. I suppose all those anime with sudden, absurd turn of events I watched didn't do me much good xD

What's with Menma's mother's empty expression in this scene?

Perhaps she was looking at Jinta in a sad way, and he noticed it, thus the awkwardness that followed? Or she knows something?

@Yumekichi11: HOLY SHIT THAT'S ALOT OF TABS YOU HAVE THERE MATE. Do you have ADHD or something?!?!

KelvetsMay 24, 2011 10:52 PM
May 25, 2011 6:46 AM
Mar 2011
^ I think it's because she blames Jintan for her death.
May 25, 2011 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
zimno said:
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
sayami said:
and same studio A-1...
Perhaps it may be. That shall be interesting, he did a good emotional story with that little girl as a ghost to pass on to the next world. He is thus excellent to do this kind of series with ghosts. I got moved to tears with that snow little girl who died of cold because she believed in Santa. :( Such a tear jerker.

In other news, got a hold of the preview and 2 interesting things it shows. From the looks of it, there shall be a closer encounter between Anjou x Jinta in the spoiler
Also it will be interesting to know who influenced and why to get a job it suggests in the following spoiler
it will be a fun episode because it will show how much more will Jinta become a man! As he did so well to be in this episode.

True though I will miss his hikikomori self

Kelvets said:
I think this Japanese habit of keeping an altar for the dead person at home is rather morbid... it's like if the gravestones of your relatives were in your backyard instead of the cemetery, would you be confortable with it?
Plus, it's contradictory that Menma's father cleaned her whole room up to help her mother be less obsessed with her, yet allows her to offer her a bowl of food on a gigantic altar right in the middle of their house everyday...

In this scene:

Did anybody else think Jinta's mother's ghost would suddenly creep out from the shadows on the right? No? Didn't think so. I suppose all those anime with sudden, absurd turn of events I watched didn't do me much good xD

What's with Menma's mother's empty expression in this scene?

Perhaps she was looking at Jinta in a sad way, and he noticed it, thus the awkwardness that followed? Or she knows something?

@Yumekichi11: HOLY SHIT THAT'S ALOT OF TABS YOU HAVE THERE MATE. Do you have ADHD or something?!?!

Having alot of tabs open means you know how to take care of business lol (you should see my computer)
May 26, 2011 12:48 AM

Aug 2010
Liked the first half of the episode, meh for the second part. 4/5.
May 26, 2011 1:28 AM

Feb 2009
Poppo kinda had a frantic expression on his face when he was trying to "talk" to Menma, and despite his 24/7 cheery personality, it sure wouldn't be right to leave him out of the "I-blame-myself-for-Menma's-death" club.
May 26, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
Lol, I like how he described Anaru, but at the same time I'm glad he looked out for her. I would have been irritated if he just sat and did nothing being completely useless.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
May 26, 2011 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
God I'm loving this anime.

Loved the way Jinta handled the crowd. Even if it was a bit clumsy XD

The house visit left me with a really weird feeling. Because the same thing happened to me once, Albet a bit different. So I could totally sympathies with everybody.

I'm not too fond of the way they ended the episode though.
I mean, a really emotional scene ruined by a nosebleed? And not even explaining why Anaru didn't go home?
But I could live with that.
May 27, 2011 4:31 PM
Jan 2010
I wonder if jintan will have anaru with anaru later on in this show
May 27, 2011 10:07 PM
May 28, 2011 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jintan, who actually went to school, is so cool for protecting Anaru from the rumor.

Yeah, total cool mode.Anaru total virgin, LOL!
May 30, 2011 11:33 PM

Feb 2011
Kawaii Jintan! XD
Jun 2, 2011 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
Wonder why Jinta got a nosebleed. My guess is he has strong feelings for Menma.
It was funny at the end, Jinta going like "She really is a virgin" XDD

Another great episode :)
5/5
Jun 9, 2011 9:49 AM
Mar 2010
woaaaaaa...... what is that episode final?? bh... I'm so curious for next episodes, I really wonder who real is Menma and there is a little hint for her desire..... Jintan is awesome in some moments, and I think Yukiatsu is good chara, too....

next to 7th ep
Jun 16, 2011 12:39 PM

Mar 2011
More good character development!

Loved the scene of Aneru being hit on, then getting in trouble for it. Then Jinta jumps in and saves her....sort of (loved the love hotel face bit)!

More!
Jun 19, 2011 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin on tv! xD haha. I love cameos.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 20, 2011 10:51 PM

Mar 2010
Another episode that almost left me in tears. I wonder how long I can bare watching this series. Only 6 more to go and I'm already at my limit. Good thing I took a break from watching anime, I probably saved myself from a lot of unneeded pressure. The previews title has me a little spooked! (o.o) Looking forward to the next!
Jun 25, 2011 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
  • Based on the following spoiler
    Jinta's look at Menma's mom sure showed something is up IMO. I wonder what and why did she look away from Jinta's eyes. There must be a reason for this perhaps.

• This.
    deadoptimist said:
    Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
    Jun 28, 2011 6:24 AM

May 2010
    Wow, everyone is a loser in this show.
    Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
    Jul 15, 2011 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
    "I just had a nosebleed, so it's not like I'm horny for you or anything"
    Oh, Jintan~
    Jul 19, 2011 9:28 AM

Jan 2011
    the nosebleed shows Jintan is normal :)

Yukiatsu and Tsuruko seems to remember something on that fateful day, maybe related to Menma's wish

and i cant wait to read that diary too...
    Jul 20, 2011 12:09 AM

Dec 2009
    Confucius said:

*sigh* I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish people would pay attention to the saying - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Really breaks my heart when such a good series as this gets trolls and such clogging the forums with hate and mean comments. But, haters gonna' hate I guess :'C

Annnnnways, great episode! It was perfect timing because I was starting to get down. With all of the developments and drama, I was hoping a episode like this would come along. But, I still managed to get teary eyed anyways....

But, can't wait for the next episode <3
    Aug 22, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
    sillyker0nian said:
    Confucius said:

*sigh* I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish people would pay attention to the saying - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Really breaks my heart when such a good series as this gets trolls and such clogging the forums with hate and mean comments. But, haters gonna' hate I guess :'C

seriously. so obnoxious. but i suppose there's always a show at least one person hates.

as for the episode does menma have to cry every single episode or what? and why do her tears always brings tears of my own!?!? it's not fair. sigh i don't wanna stop watching but i gotta get ready for mah first day of school. WAHHH!
    Sep 13, 2011 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
    Confucius said:

Well, I guess I'm a loser because I can relate to pretty much every character on some level in this series....except for the cross dressing bit. And, I've never had a friend die on me.
    "Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
    Oct 30, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
    Yes, one may not need to prattle about their negative opinions here but then again... they have every right to say what they want to about this episode. Stick to your own opinions people. Don't let others' matter.

Anyways, I'm getting a wee bit tired now. Menme already annoyed me from the start. I hope they get on with her being able to talk with everyone else.

Only 5 episodes left! And I was watching non-stop. Something tells me much of it will remain shrouded in mystery when it ends. Sigh that'd suck.
    Nov 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
    Great episode! I love Jinta and Anaru. Definitely shipping that. xD The end was hilarious. "That nosebleed was from before!" haah.

Loved Jinta going to school and saving Anaru :)

5/5
    Nov 19, 2011 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
    Oh yea, go Jinta..... I was secretly cheering for him "You go man, SAY IT!" even though I already expected that to happen... since that always happens. ;p

Anyways, good episode.
    Nov 24, 2011 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
    for som reason i understand jintan when he said it felt anticlimactic how everyone was supossed to look at him but everyone was fixated on naruko. but yea, he finally stodd up, also literally, lol

Dec 14, 2011 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
    Awesome for Jintan to stand up for Anaru (damn i still keep forgetting their names)! I thought this anime is very emotional but am glad that it still contains its comedic moments. :-D

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Jintan DOES have feelings for Menma! ^.^
    Dec 16, 2011 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
    I'm surprised that Jinta actually went to school. At least he made some progress in life.
    Dec 21, 2011 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
    I loved a very tiny detail. At the beginning of the episode Jintan is wondering why Menma is with him and not in heaven in a dark room. The tv is on, and when he finally makes up his mind a ghost picture pops up on the screen and he screams his head off. That small bit was pure genius.
    These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
    Feb 7, 2012 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
    Ouch I pity Anjou so much for the shame she had to go through in school...I'm kinda liking her more now than before.
    I wonder when Jintan will tell people what Menma says. It's a shame he never does.
    "If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
    Feb 8, 2012 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
    13man18 said:
    Jinta actually makes some progress with himself that never talks out and makes himself out of place. I wonder why did Jinta get a nosebleed or was it just out of random.

Don't some people get them out of stress? He was shouting at Menma, so maybe that triggered it.

Tsuruko and Yukiatsu clearly have some important remembrance of something Menma intended to do that day... Now I really want to know what she was going to ask advice for, too.
    Feb 11, 2012 11:05 AM

Jan 2012
    What's with the nosebleed? Anyway, liking Anjou more. That last scene is funny ^^
    Wonder why Menma's mother look away from Jinta?
    Mar 17, 2012 11:33 PM
    Mar 2010
    Her Hamtaro made this episode.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
    Jul 15, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
    I love this episode for the interaction between Jintan and Anaru!

So maybe Menma's situation is supposed to make me feel sad or touched, but seeing Menma in that last scene (dinner) just annoys me.. I think it's partly the voice...or that she just cries a lot
    Jul 24, 2012 5:00 AM

May 2012
    Lol @ ending scene nosebleed :p
    Aug 11, 2012 6:14 PM
    Mar 2010
    Making my mom and sister watch this now... I'm an asshole, BUT YOLO.

& (something I failed to address months ago) Jintan's comment about Anaru being a virgin was kind of strange, seeing as I definitely think he's a virgin too, haha. How could he not be? He's got no social life, and he's a hikikimori.
    mylovelyfateAug 11, 2012 6:28 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
    Aug 14, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
    Awww Jintan really has some balls.
    Aug 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2012
    That classroom part made me cringe a little...
    ‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
    Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

389 by Grimenio »»
    Apr 30, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
    Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
    Apr 23, 6:55 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.