Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 14, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
EvianBubble said:
It was kind of boring IMO.

lol I have felt that way about the whole show so far...
Nov 14, 2010 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
InezMaria said:
Iilia said:
With all this Eiji-worship going around I feel like if I say anything bad about him I'll have ninjas pounce on me from everywhere. o.O

Oh yeah, you will have ninjas pounce, for sure ;D
I see that you didn't read manga, so I'm not sure, if you will see all of his awesomness (<3), cause anime has only 25 episodes ;(
Yeah, I don't really read manga. I may have had high expectations for Eiji since everyone's been talking about him since... well, episode 1? Haha. It's fine, though. I don't really dislike him or anything, I just haven't seen him do anything impressive yet. Since it's a 25 episode series we'll just have to start saying how much we want a second season early! ;)
Nov 14, 2010 2:34 PM
Dec 2007
Some romance plus Eiji. The ellipses ares still pretty huge and the rhythm slow though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 14, 2010 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
the romance part was kinda boring ( dragged)

finally Eiji appears
Nov 14, 2010 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like Eiji, good epi though. Now we have to wait yet again :(
Nov 14, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
M0nicka said:
Lylaaz said:
FINALLYY EIJIII ! :D yyay. I can't believe that he's voiced by the same dude who voiced Usui Takumi from Kaichou wa Maid-sama! XD. like where's the elegance ? haha there's no elegance, that's just EIJI XD

OMG! Usui, for real? Quite a suprise, I did't know that's the same voice actor!!
I didn't like Usui's voice, it was so indifferent, monotounos (ok, I get that was part of the character.)
But Eijii's really something else!

It seems like everyone forgot that Okamoto Nobuhiko is also the VA for Accelerator in Toaru Majutsu no Index I and II, where he shows quite the same 'strong' voice.
Anyway, good episode but a bit too shoujo-styled.
Eiji is going to be an interesting chara it seems ^O^
Nov 14, 2010 4:20 PM

Apr 2008
Eiji is all fine and good, but I want Hiramaru & Otters 11, damn it.
Nov 14, 2010 5:25 PM

Jun 2008
First episode that I didn't like....

NO MORE SHOUJO, PLEASE!!!
Nov 14, 2010 5:37 PM

Sep 2010
it was a nice episode
Nov 14, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Wow Eiji voiced by Usui? Thats gana be epic. And when Azuki's tears started flowing that was pretty powerful stuff

Wow in the front page of that Jack book theres Dbz, Naruto, and One Piece!
billngNov 14, 2010 6:46 PM
Nov 14, 2010 7:28 PM

Sep 2009
Enjoyed the episode quite a lot, as always. Was fun to see Eiji in the end there. Really looking forward to seeing more of him on screen, as opposed to these end of the episode teasers.
Nov 14, 2010 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
Eiji voice is so funny, his sound effects haha made me smile~
cute episode I guess~
Nov 14, 2010 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my god... such a good episode... Maybe the romance bit was annoyin but I still found it very cute and heartwarming 'cause you hardly see such kind of old school type couples! Really they're so annoying but at the same time cute and pure and innocent that you hardly really hate them and you even end up supporting them! Like them... And mostly all due to what happens much later... stil this was one of the mot important, the turning point between being no one and being likely the one you love... Talking about being so pure... I can't believe she cried because he wanted to break up their promise... Understand it girl! He's eager to be with you, he wants to be part of you and he wants to share some quality moments beffore you part ways in HS, yet you did that and almost broke Saiko's insides... Really it's a bit selfish, but he was being selfish as well... so that's well... I'll pass that... But definitely the Teacher part was funney as hell and the crying parts were so heartchurning....

Oh the manga part of this episode was interesting~! I Hattori lied big time! But I guess it'll be for future success! Plus! they're fired up now! They're certain they wanna do a manga for the Tezuka Award!!! that's just amazing! I'm sure they'll come up with something better than Two Earths or this time.... Oh and Eiji... Hmmm dunno what to think about his VA... But it's seriously Usui's -the Outer Space Perverted Alien- VA too! That really surprised me! Wasn't too long ago I heard Usui~! That guy is really something... and he really scratches the pen too hard... yet he comes up with such awesome drawings... I guess he doesn't worry for making a mistake.... he's really a genius... plus he's only a year older than Mashiro and Takagi... And the threat... I liked how it came up... It even picked up a smile off me... I love that guy... He's so uninteresting at the beginning, but he's so interesting at the same time....

Two things,..... Miho's excuse for crying to the teacher and Kime.... Both I dun exactly remember from the manga... Especially Kime since he would likely could appear once again every little while, but I dun really seem to remember him in the manga, much less with such a common and uncreative design...I guess the Anime people needed someone to fill up that place... Oh and Momo or whatever was the cat's name... Oh my dear, such a cute and fluffy thing... I totally loved she! Too bad I dun remember her from the manga....

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2010 10:48 PM

Aug 2008
I don't hate the romance, I just want more hot blooded manga action.
Nov 15, 2010 12:08 AM

Dec 2009
haha that guy in the end is AWESOME!!!!!! Eiji.. <3
Nov 15, 2010 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
I can root for Azuki and Moritaka forever. I don't care how lame it may sound, but their love is so pure, there is seriously something wrong with you if you hate them. they are probably one of the cutest and purest couples in anime (the other being sawako and kazehaya, can't wait for jan'11)

The episode was great. I liked how hattori did it with that lie. and eiji appearing at the death was win too.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 15, 2010 3:11 AM

Jun 2008
GarLogan78 said:
EvianBubble said:

I don't get how you can find this show boring. Every episode sucks you in and the time flies.

I agree with some that the only bad part about Bakuman is that stupid promise. It looks so childish and unnecessary. For what reason should they live by such stupid drama rules.
But maybe is to be used as motivation and also lets not forget shes a girl and a Japanese girl at that.
They don't want you if you ain't successful.

In general i enjoyed the episode and we finally got to see that Ejii guy.
The thing that i find admirable about this series is how well written it is that manages to keep the interest high despite not being some action series with battles, conspiracies and staff.
But i guess they showed a sample of that with Death Note too since Death Note wasn't exactly action. But still Bakuman has a lot simpler every day life plot and yet it's not boring at all.
MonadNov 15, 2010 3:15 AM
Nov 15, 2010 4:03 AM
Oct 2009
Monad said:
GarLogan78 said:
EvianBubble said:

I don't get how you can find this show boring. Every episode sucks you in and the time flies.

I agree with some that the only bad part about Bakuman is that stupid promise. It looks so childish and unnecessary. For what reason should they live by such stupid drama rules.
But maybe is to be used as motivation and also lets not forget shes a girl and a Japanese girl at that.
They don't want you if you ain't successful.

In general i enjoyed the episode and we finally got to see that Ejii guy.
The thing that i find admirable about this series is how well written it is that manages to keep the interest high despite not being some action series with battles, conspiracies and staff.
But i guess they showed a sample of that with Death Note too since Death Note wasn't exactly action. But still Bakuman has a lot simpler every day life plot and yet it's not boring at all.

I believe the whole Saiko/Azuki romance is quite appropriate. After all, Bakuman is — above all — about two boys chasing their dreams, their ideal world: the world of manga. Saiko's personality is that of a romantic, which is also present in many people who work with creativity, to inspire and amuse other people. The greatest artists are above average in many ways, so none of them are exactly normal, and that's what Bakuman is probably trying to illustrate (just look at Eiji).

Also, people tend to looove this kind of sweet, pure love. Wel... I do, at least. It is very shonen-ish.
Nov 15, 2010 6:18 AM

Nov 2010
Episodes are getting worst, the show is too slow . I wish it was more to the point
Nov 15, 2010 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
I completely forgot about Eiji making that demand. I wonder when he'll execute it finally.
Nov 15, 2010 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
Jesus fuck the romance is so badly written I want to strangle kitties
Nov 15, 2010 2:20 PM

Oct 2007
check said:
Iilia said:

With all this Eiji-worship going around I feel like if I say anything bad about him I'll have ninjas pounce on me from everywhere. o.O
I don't really care for his character (yet), but they haven't really shown much of him until now. Maybe I have yet to realize his awesomeness. I'll wait for him to have more air-time, and hopefully he'll grow on me. Right now he's just meh.

Obviously those who read the manga are the ones that made those comments, but yes, you'll see.
More like, I hope I am going to understand it later on. Otherwise, people like me will have something to say about him.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 15, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
What a strange romantic relationship, but its funny. This series is great. Eiji seems kinda messed up though.
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Nov 15, 2010 6:23 PM

Oct 2008
NEEDS MOAR EIJI. :DD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 15, 2010 7:54 PM

May 2010
All I have to say is here. http://wp.me/p12uiW-1JC
But I really did enjoy this episode.
Nov 15, 2010 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
Thats one of the most rediculously dumb conditions someone can make.
Nov 16, 2010 3:45 AM

Jun 2010
DonKangolJones said:

i agree! i mean, it's based on a shonen manga and it's now really turning into a shojo anime...back then i didn't pay much attention to the romance part and it annoys me that the production people chooses to give more emphasis to it.

anyway, i'm glad that eiji's already here! weird voice though, but it's still eiji so i don't care...haha...
Nov 16, 2010 3:57 AM

May 2010
great! eiji's here! :D

next ep's gonna be good..
Nov 16, 2010 7:57 AM
Jun 2008
sea27 said:
haha that guy in the end is AWESOME!!!!!! Eiji.. <3
let me end one of the manga that I hate...I hope it won't be Moritaka's manga
Nov 16, 2010 11:51 AM

Dec 2008
Oooo...Eiji is fucking lunatic! I can see him making things quite difficult for the two budding managakas.
Nov 16, 2010 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
DonKangolJones said:

This.

Episode was overall kinda boring... but necessary.
Nov 16, 2010 1:10 PM
Dec 2008
I'm really trying to like this show, but it seems that I just can't like it. The show is so slow paced and nothing interesting hardly ever happens. Not to mention the "romance" aspect in this show. I mean honestly wtf is this "I made a promise to get married to this girl who I have never talked to nor will I ever talk to. I don't even know anything about this girl. I just happened to look at her in the eyes during a P.E. class in the first grade".
Nov 16, 2010 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr Eiji. What a dimwit.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 16, 2010 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Papander said:
Not to mention the "romance" aspect in this show. I mean honestly wtf is this "I made a promise to get married to this girl who I have never talked to nor will I ever talk to. I don't even know anything about this girl. I just happened to look at her in the eyes during a P.E. class in the first grade".

This ^

To me the promise also makes Azuki seem pretty damn calculating. Sure I'll marry you, if you become rich and famous first.

So far Eiji seems like a annoyingly crazy person to me, but perhaps that'll change when he gets to play a bigger part latter on in the series.

Still enjoying the parts about making their manga though, so I'll stick with it a bit longer. ^^
Nov 16, 2010 7:46 PM

Nov 2010
I loved L from Death Note, but Eiji is freaking me out already. I still have high hopes, since I keep hearing about how awesome he is. Let's see how things unfold around him.

About Azuki and the promise... Well... I never grasped the "let's not talk to eachother" bit. It would have been fine if it was "let's just be friends whilst", and it would at least have allowed them to know eachother better in the meantime, as well as spending quality time together. For anyone that is in love, being with the beloved one is a source of inspiration, and I'd say that just what the guys need right now. Yeah, yeah, I get it. Romatic. Totally overdone too.
Nov 16, 2010 10:19 PM
Mar 2009
Eiji was best part of the whole thing. I don't really recall the shojo moments from this episode in the manga so I kept on going: "This didn't happen" etc in the class room scenes in this particular episode.

Note: first time watching an anime after reading most of the manga.
Nov 17, 2010 1:04 AM

Jun 2010
Just don't like Azuki, don't know why.
Moar manga thing please~
But I liked the episode, was cute and kinda boring at the same time~
Nov 17, 2010 7:34 AM

May 2010
lol, Eiji airtime in this episode went for a total of about, oh.. 2 minutes? yet he owns the comments. he must be some real hot shot huh.

on the other hand, it looks like this romance between these two is finally going somewhere. i was pretty happy when miho gave her email to mashiro. and it seems like takagi also has something going for him too so it's pretty awesome. it's getting me pumped for all the romance drama action we'll get to see from kimi ni todoke 2 :)
Nov 17, 2010 11:00 AM

Mar 2010
what is azuki's email service provider

mihomiho-azuazu1999@????
Geso
-----:D
Nov 17, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
I actually hated Eiji at this point in the manga too, but he gets more awesome ;D
And so many people are so badly wrong about him that I want to unleash huge spoilers and scream READ THE MANGA, but I'll refrain. xD;
(Oh wait. Oops. xD;)

I'm really sick of them shoving him into the last ten seconds of episodes though, wtf. I liked this episode, though. Miho and Mashiro might be stupid idealistic teenagers, but they're adorably stupid and teenage.<3
Nov 18, 2010 10:47 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Eiji is little cocky there, but he'll be beaten in three years. :]

Nov 18, 2010 2:24 PM
Mar 2010
Eiiji....... seems good character, his declaration makes me astonished..... we will see great things, I think......
Ok miho-mashiro is too romantic, maybe..... however I think it is good in this contest....now I want to see action and sweat!!!!! ahah

next to 8th ep
Nov 19, 2010 2:09 AM

Aug 2010
They sure have some work ethic because I can just imagine how hard it'll be to get another manuscript in time for the award. This episode was alright, didn't do much for me and that Eiji kid... I don't think I'm going to like him >.>
Nov 20, 2010 1:06 AM

Jun 2009
Doodle hehe
Pt-blank range long-range relationship lol
I want to see Eiji's drawing animation closely..
I have nothing more to say - been said it to the manga
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 20, 2010 8:49 PM

Apr 2009
:DDDDDDDD

Eijiiiiii.

K.
Nov 21, 2010 5:30 PM

Apr 2008
EPIC! interesting in many ways~

Nov 22, 2010 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Absolute LOL at Eiji's hair-do
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 24, 2010 6:44 PM

Sep 2008
...where's Ichigo?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2011 5:58 PM

Mar 2010
All the Romance was really pissing me off for some reason it was way to straight forward but i guess thats the only thing that is making things a lot more interesting Minus that guy in the end he seemed kind of good competition for the both of them haha i like it overall

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

220 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.