Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2010 9:15 AM

May 2009
Awesome episode, can't wait for the battle between Kimblee, Pride, and Al. Also the new opening was alright but the ending was a little better imo.
Apr 5, 2010 10:27 AM

Oct 2008
The new op may be not actionpacked, like the others, but I think the silent, sad mood fits better to the last arc. It actually touched me quite a bit there.
The ed is fine. not special but not that bad as well.
Apr 5, 2010 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Ultimately both OP and ed is about hope and moving forward

They still could have accomplished that by using a song with a bit more hype. This one just makes me feel depressed.
Apr 5, 2010 11:29 AM

Feb 2010
_Vincent_ said:
They still could have accomplished that by using a song with a bit more hype. This one just makes me feel depressed.

I agree.
The anime however is epic, I was wondering though: why didn't AL now that he has a philosopher's stone just get his body back, why waste human lives on that scrap metal?(though I must admit it looked kinda good when they showed it)
I think they may repaint their ice cream truck because they know what it looks like, or they should..
Apr 5, 2010 11:29 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
_Vincent_ said:
Fai said:
Ultimately both OP and ed is about hope and moving forward

That was the point. That just proved how good the OP was.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 5, 2010 11:49 AM

Oct 2008
for now...all i wanna say is FMAB FTW.................
Apr 5, 2010 12:27 PM

Dec 2008
I'm on the fence about the new OP. The song itself is wonderful but I wasn't sure at first how it fit as an OP, as OPs are typically fast-paced and energetic. However, as I think about it more, it is quite fitting and sets us up well for an emotional finale. Thinking about a bunch of other shounen OPs, they tend to focus on high energy and quick snapshots of epic fights, but FMA is a bit different in that it not only focuses on shounen-type battles but also focuses significantly on character development and character development in FMA can be quite strong and emotional given everyone's histories. Thus, I expect the finale to be emotional rather than one mindless battle after another, so the OP fits in this respect. I agree with Fai in that the song is about moving forward rather than, "LET'S FIGHT EACH OTHER!", and this "moving forward" theme is incredibly strong throughout the entire series.

I like the ED well enough - the song is nice, although the animation is rather underwhelming. It's just a bunch of still-frames or feature only relatively simple animation. They're pretty, yes, but after a few seconds, you get tired of looking at them.

As for the episode overall, it did go pretty fast but it was still very enjoyable. I felt that there was almost too much going on at once, leaving us getting a bit of everything but not a whole lot of anything, except perhaps Al's situation with Pride and Kimbley.
Apr 5, 2010 12:28 PM

May 2009
As i thought the immortals were going to kill anything in sight...no duh, Salim/Pride was using morse code with Alphonse's head (lol i kinda knew that cause i don't think Pride would do anything pointless) and ofcourse when Olivier Mira Armstrong got captured by Sloth, Alex Louis Armstrong came to save the day :P.... lol well hopefully Alphonse will kick butt and Ed can get out of that place with the immortals that look like zombies with one eye >.>
Apr 5, 2010 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
Fai said:

(the way OP contrasts with the last OP scene of ed sleeping and winry watching over him in the rebuild house) and etc.

That would be sweet but I thought that was Winry's house? Any other thoughts? Gotten used to the intro - 'snice. Just kinda wanted them to go out with a bang like they did with Rewrite.
Apr 5, 2010 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
Finally caught up 8D Been so busy lately : /
Well.. First of all, previous OP was a lot better : |

"P-papa?..... OM NOM NOM"
Just sayin', just sayin' xD
And damn them dolls, never liked them. (Then again, I don't think they're meant to be liked either xD)
I kinda liked Envy as a lil' shrimp or whatever actually ^^;
Now then.. The ED.. Has a nice sound to it... But no, the previous one was better as well : |
It's sad that it's almost over now : < Oh well, they've still got quite the ways to nuclear fusion anyway 8D Hee heeh heeee...
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 5, 2010 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
dogbunny said:
Fai said:

(the way OP contrasts with the last OP scene of ed sleeping and winry watching over him in the rebuild house) and etc.

That would be sweet but I thought that was Winry's house? Any other thoughts? Gotten used to the intro - 'snice. Just kinda wanted them to go out with a bang like they did with Rewrite.

No thats the house they burned down. Im pretty sure as we had the exact same house burning in OP 1 or 2 And Winry's/Pinako's house is smaller.
Apr 5, 2010 1:45 PM

Apr 2009
HOLY DAMN

from the opening it seems like someone will die o_O

awesome episode and fights O_O

awesome series.
Apr 5, 2010 1:54 PM

Sep 2008
the OP just great... its making your debating on yourself about the ending, and make you realize its gonna over soon ;_;
Apr 5, 2010 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Finally caught up 8D Been so busy lately : /
Well.. First of all, previous OP was a lot better : |

"P-papa?..... OM NOM NOM"
Just sayin', just sayin' xD
And damn them dolls, never liked them. (Then again, I don't think they're meant to be liked either xD)
I kinda liked Envy as a lil' shrimp or whatever actually ^^;
Now then.. The ED.. Has a nice sound to it... But no, the previous one was better as well : |
It's sad that it's almost over now : < Oh well, they've still got quite the ways to nuclear fusion anyway 8D Hee heeh heeee...

Apr 5, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
Another great episode. Olivier, Edward, Alex, May. They all were awesome. It's just going to be one amazing episode after another from now isn't it...?

Also I was hoping they would end the episode with the scene of Al coming out of the smoke, boosted with the Stone. Or to be honest, I expected it. It just seemed like the right way to end from the very start. Just see for yourselves, you can't beat that much awesomeness:

Now for the OP, I didn't really care so much for it as for the previous ones, it just seems a little slow to me. They should have used something more...upbeat for the events we're in now. The ED isn't that bad though.

Also I'm starting to appreciate May Chang more with every appearance she makes. I never hated on her like some of the posters here but didn't care for her either, but there's just something in the way she fights that makes her freaking cool, heh. Can't wait to see more of her.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 5, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2009
Awesome episode with all the sweet fighting and the immortal army.. Olivier vs Sloth and her getting saved by Alex, Ed and the gang against the immortal dolls and Al going badass, and a new OP and ED. Just great!

The openings and endings of FMA: Brotherhood never cease to amaze me either as I've loved every single one of them. SID is one of my favorite bands and the song fits so well with the depressing visuals. Something very sad is going to happen before this anime is over... Almost made me tear up a bit. Perfect! Can't wait for the full song.
Apr 5, 2010 2:55 PM
Dec 2007
Pretty impressive episode overall despite the weakening animation. The new OP/ED are quite good too, especially the ED. I guess I'll need some episodes to get used to them but I'll probably end up prefering the 4th in the end though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 5, 2010 3:51 PM
Feb 2010
liked this episode it was funny but also intense XD

Apr 5, 2010 3:57 PM

Aug 2008
Gayest OP ever. I mean in music and vocals term. Spoilers were included to ops and eds since ep1st so I got used to it.

But cool story bro, I'm curious what al's gonna do with stone.
Jul 2018
Didn't like the OP Song that much. This part of the series is badass so the opening song should be one as well. The video was good though especially the last part where Ed was sleeping and Winry was watching ;)

Feb 2009
You create an immortal army that turn against you, you don't try to shoot them idiot! You freaking run for your life!

Welcome back Envy!!!
Apr 5, 2010 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
Agree with everyone else, the op & ed weren't that great.

The episode itself was awsome. I really liked the little fight may chang had with the immortals.

Oh yeah, who else thought that when that guy giggled and said "Fullmetal Alchemist" was creepy/gay?
Avid_ListenerApr 5, 2010 4:14 PM
Apr 5, 2010 4:10 PM
Jan 2010
The new opening didn't have as much "action" as previous ones, but i liked the part where they scanned through all the characters at the beginning.
My opening preference in increasing order:
5. Op 3
4. Op 2
3. Op 5
2. Op 4
1. Op 1
The episode was AWESOME though!! so much action!! Heinkel =((
anyway, can't wait for next ep and for Izumi to show up!!!
Apr 5, 2010 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
Aww how sweet even though it's only in the OP i can see Winry x Edward moment again, just what i need XD

Honestly i like Shunkan Sentimental better..better..and i shouldn't ate my breakfast while watching those immortal army, lose my appetite so fast..blechh
Apr 5, 2010 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
That eyecatch.

:hee hee: fullmetal alchemist~