Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was amusing, especially involving Ranko. It's funny how she responds to Producer-san with her signature laughs and lines. It looks like has some insight of her though as one of the more mature members of the idols.

Now I'm a bit hungry for some steak
I'm also somewhat interested in that book she was holding as it has some of her neat ideas.
Stark700Mar 6, 2015 7:51 AM
Mar 6, 2015 8:04 AM
Mar 2014
Whoa, actual character development? Really?! I was ready to give up hope, but it looks like Cinderella Girls managed to pick itself back up. Definitely my favourite episode thusfar, but it's a shame it took me this long to care so deeply about one of the characters.
vegetablespiritMar 6, 2015 8:07 AM
Mar 6, 2015 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
What a nice ending with Rosenburg Engel, another CD is going to be announced for purchase soon like with Memories as it's not in her discography unlike with Mika's.

Ranko is very easily embarrassed like close to Koume-tier especially when her chunni shtick weakens understandable since that book is not just filled with drawings but with chunni things and other personal thoughts in it that may or may not need to come out.

This anime may rise from the ashes after all, this episode was more enjoyable than many of the others.

Edit: It just got announced

http://columbia.jp/idolmaster/imasnews/150306.html
HoppyMar 6, 2015 8:20 AM

Mar 6, 2015 8:37 AM
Nov 2013
Hahaha This episode is marvelous. I really like this change to the producer do. The ending music is wonderful. I enjoyd from the start to end.
Mar 6, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Producer-san gets cuter and nicer with every episode ^^
I like how he cares about the girls and tries everything to help them. The conversation between the two was really nice. And the song was greatl; I love metal and anime, so I'm quite satisfied wth that :D

Mar 6, 2015 12:30 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Aaahh, I like these types of episodes much better than the previous situation. :D Ranko making her CD debut. ^^ Her chuuni is so strong, I love it~ She doesn't like horror stuff. x3

Producer-san is again being the best girl caring and understanding Producer that he is, And the Fallen Angel theme fits Ranko real nicely. That ED song was great!

Can't wait to see which girl/s will make their debut next!
Mar 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
I just found it hilarious that Producer-san had notes in his book to translate what Ranko was saying.

Also, what is this? We have character development for someone outside the "main three"? It's a miracle.
Mar 6, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
A really fun episode indeed with Ranko getting her CD debut.

Ranko's roundabout way of talking and Producer-san trying to decipher it.

It was quite entertaining seeing how Ranko wanted to say Producer-san and how normally the other words came out then too not so normal ones. Able to convey her feelings on how she wants her music to be to Producer-san was great.

Seeing her CD like that, really need more episodes like these with a focus on one character!
Mar 6, 2015 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Ranko finally got her own CD debut.
Mar 6, 2015 2:45 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Hooray for Ranran's debut. She's actually pretty cute in her own way. I really liked how the producer had a notebook to translate whatever she said, lmao.

Anzu has such a shit eating grin avoiding Kirari. I swear. Never gets old.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Mar 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Are we shipping Producer X Ranko now?
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Mar 6, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
Focus on one of the girls I don't particularly like,thus boring episode.

Song was okay.
Mar 6, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Now this is what an Idolmaster episode should be. :D
Characters and Songs. :D

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 6, 2015 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
Nice ending song. Can't wait for the others.
Mar 6, 2015 4:55 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
BlurredVision18 said:
I am bouncing that around in my head. I couldn't stop laughing at that image of the two of them sitting by the fountain with him holding her umbrella...such a mis-matched pair would be perfect :D

I do believe this is a first. I've never met an anime character that talked to her pet mushrooms...
Mar 6, 2015 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
So, we start with Mio pampering Anya. My opinion of Mio is improving slightly. Anya's reactions were just so wonderful. I almost thought the episode could only go downhill from there.

Ranko being the focus allows for good and bad. Good in that she's a better than average target for this type of episode. Bad because, well, her antics can get old rather quickly. Still, with that in mind, they handled it well enough.

The episode was, however, predictable. Straightforward and obvious even with the cameos and humor. I saw the Koume and Shoko cameos coming as soon as the horror theme was introduced for Ranko, and it should have been patently obvious that someone would understand her perfectly. That's just too obvious to pass up.

Overall, a good episode.
Mar 6, 2015 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was actually really good hope they continue like this,and in fact liked ranko's single way more than i thought i would.
Mar 6, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2010
Loved ranko even before this show but I still can't get over how ridiculously thick they made her eyebrows. It is actually ridiculous if you compare it with her card artworks.
Mar 6, 2015 8:01 PM
Jun 2011
Poor Ranko, she's completely indecipherable.
She never did come off as being as scary as she'd like to let on.
She's no different than Ruri or Kobato except she's she jumpy that she never drops character.
Though apparently the loli speaks fluent Ranko.
"Oh...you're going to be home late again tonight because of work."

Nice to see Koume and Shoko, some new girls to the anime.
I'm going to have to work on the latter's name lest I slip and call her Shroom-chan.
Koume I know only because she's apparently popular with /a/...for some reason.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 6, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Such heartwarming episode. This is how you do a single-character focused episode. Melodrama is not necessary.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Mar 6, 2015 10:21 PM

May 2011
still waiting for my Riina episode :I
Mar 6, 2015 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
aw, such a good episode! ranko is awesome, i think i like her the most so far. :>
Mar 7, 2015 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
BlurredVision18 said:

Like it isn't obvious that we're shipping Producer X Whole main cast as the episodes move along. Ranko is the focus this time around eh. She's plenty cute here.
I wonder who's next. I hope it's Rika, Minami and Miku next (in that order!)
Mar 7, 2015 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
YES !!! My wish finally come true(about focusing on other characters).

after wait for 2 weeks,this truly worth for it.

Overall, I really enjoy this episode from beginning till the end.
Very refreshing after 7 episodes earlier.
Ranko was Cute and sweet,while I LoL at the Producer when he try not to be too polite and have a notebook to understand what Ranko saying,also when he nicknamed P-chan by Miku,truly best character indeed.
Miria being troll at the end,even make P-chan facepalm in his own style.

Well time for wait for the next episode,but i wonder,will it feature either Kanako or Anzu since the preview card says about "Sweet" or something?
well the actual preview will out in 2 or 3 days anyway,let's just see.
Mar 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Nov 2014
Excellent and entertaining episode! I laugh so much on this episode XD
Ranko also really cute and funny at the same time, really like her so much.
We also learn that ranko actually scared of horror genre while being Gothic.
Overall great episode, one of the best episode to date.
5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 7, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty nice ending song
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 7, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2013
It would be a good way to liven up the place. I want that hamburger plush too.

A sticker? Lol.

Congratz Ranko. I'm guessing the PV idea was too scary, for me too. Actually I don't know.

AHHHH ANASTASIA IS SO ADORABLE!

Producer is trying his best.

Lol funny cycle.

Activate Mommy Rin.

Flowers maybe? "Pure" things in general? Ha, I'm totally off.

Nice song.
Mar 7, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2011
this is definitely the best episode they've showed so far!
it's so cute and funny watching Ranko's whacky chuuni adventures
Mar 8, 2015 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
I love these episode, Ranko was really funny, I never thought she was a chuuni, I thought she just like goth.
Mar 8, 2015 5:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Such Rikka vibes

Def best girl
Mar 8, 2015 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
Ranko is slowly getting rid of the bad taste Rikka left in Chuunibyou. Only iDOLM@STER can do something so impossible.

Also, I'm starting to like Anya more and more. She's just so fuckin precious.
Mar 8, 2015 11:08 PM

Aug 2012
This is what we want for iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, not some lame forced melodrama that only make characters look bad.
Mar 9, 2015 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
destructo22 said:
Ranko is slowly getting rid of the bad taste Rikka left in Chuunibyou. Only iDOLM@STER can do something so impossible.

Really? All I could think of in this episode was Rikka finally getting her debut and ditching Yuta for the manly producer. It's not like they were trying really hard to differentiate Rikka and Ranran considering they went out of their way to choose the same seiyuu.
Mar 9, 2015 8:10 AM

Jul 2008
A good episode, honestly if I have a friend like Ranko I will end up spending more time cracking her riddles than understanding her feelings >.<
Mar 9, 2015 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
The plot moves forward and finally made a dash down a bit by the three protagonists, going to investigate further, featuring the character of Ranran.
Not bad storytelling that probe the difficulty that there is in relating to a soul so sensitive as you.
Ultimately, this show is based more on the playful moments and is ill-suited to melodrama.
The contribution of P-san is not bad, but the real strength of the story is to show the spirit of will that put all the girls in their own way.
Drawings in the media, entertainment enough.
Overall it's nice watching the episode.
terrablu2003Mar 9, 2015 8:41 AM
Mar 9, 2015 11:13 AM
Oct 2010
BlurredVision18 said:

Of course, best yuri couple of 2015.
Mar 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
IM@S CG Episode 9 preview

mostly feature Kanako,Anzu,and Chieri unit.
the preview lacks of P-chan,but hopefully he still have a lot screen time next episode.
Mar 10, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
Rosenburg Engel ... >.< so cute performance ranko in ending this episode
Mar 10, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2009
An actual good episode. Not gonna lie. A breath of fresh air after all the recent...drama.

I just came to the conclusion that Anastasia is best girl. She's so damn cute and her seiyuu is wonderful, especially when she speaks Russian and rolls her Rs.
Mar 11, 2015 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
I was really waiting for Dekomori to pop out of nowhere. Rikka is awesome in this parallel universe. Same antics, same moe.

BlurredVision18 said:

S.S. Anzu all the way. I never actually heard her sing solo, I suspect she has a great singing voice.
Onodera-chanMar 11, 2015 4:51 AM
Mar 11, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2008
Onodera-chan said:
I never actually heard her sing solo, I suspect she has a great singing voice.

Well, she has the same singing role as Ami/Mami/Yayoi. Sing happy/silly songs with not much focus on the actual singing.

Heck her theme song is called "Anzu no Uta" (Anzu's song) and is mainly about Anzu complaining about doing work.

Mar 13, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
yehey! Ranko! I really like her and I'm glad to watch an episode involving her. It's amusing how she can't talk to P-chan, I mean producer-san the concept she likes for her debut and lol.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 14, 2015 1:57 AM

Sep 2014
kaimax said:
Onodera-chan said:
I never actually heard her sing solo, I suspect she has a great singing voice.

Well, she has the same singing role as Ami/Mami/Yayoi. Sing happy/silly songs with not much focus on the actual singing.

Heck her theme song is called "Anzu no Uta" (Anzu's song) and is mainly about Anzu complaining about doing work.

I just watched episode 9, and you are right, she is soo cute when onstage.
Onodera-chanMar 14, 2015 2:01 AM
Mar 14, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Raaaanggggkou
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 14, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2008
Chuunibyou gothic lolita queen Uchida Maaya strikes again on this episode.
Ranko afraid of Horror but is a gothic lolita is a bit strange.
LOLed and the end because someone could really understand Ranko (I think its Miria Akagi) and producer said "you could've told us sooner"...hahah!
matias067Mar 14, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 14, 2015 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
Ranko reminded me of Rika from Chuunibyou in this episode! Like her debut!
Mar 14, 2015 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
Ranko <3

Focusing on anyone but the main 3 feels like filler, but this was one of the best episodes so far, very silly, made me smile. Ranko stole the show. I liked her song too.
Mar 14, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
BurntJelly said:
Ranko <3

Focusing on anyone but the main 3 feels like filler, but this was one of the best episodes so far, very silly, made me smile. Ranko stole the show. I liked her song too.

Because that's what makes Idolmaster Great. The original Idolmaster was also mostly episodic and focused on a different girl every other episode, the only plot it got was it's rivalry with Jupiter.
What CG needs is not forceful drama.

Mar 16, 2015 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
Yessss, best episode yet! Ranko is easily my favorite character so far, her cryptic fantasy persona is hilarious especially with the gap between that and her real personality. This was definitely in the spirit of the iM@S that I love. That ending was gold, Miria will now be their translator of the darkness!

Pro-Pro-Producer is changing bit by bit as well and that's always welcome. "Do you like Salisbury steak? So do I."
Mar 18, 2015 1:59 PM
Jan 2012
I love the fact that Producer-san has a Ranko translator in his handy-dandy notebook.

And it took this episode to confirm it, but Ranko is definitely within my top five right now.. Hopefully as the episodes pass, I can solidify the others...

I also feel kind of mean for being amused by Producer-san's awkward speaking.

And when mushroom girl popped up, I instantaneously voiced out 'The fuck?' by accident... I guess it was just that strange of a sight to me...

Toarujisuru said:

Anzu has such a shit eating grin avoiding Kirari. I swear. Never gets old.

Agreed, you just have to love it.

BlurredVision18 said:

Indeed we are... Indeed we are...

Genix said:

Like it isn't obvious that we're shipping Producer X Whole main cast

Hit or miss a few, but this is more or less a given.
SoulbrazierMar 18, 2015 2:03 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.