Anime & Manga News

Second Season of Tiger & Bunny is Under Consideration

by dtshyk
Aug 10, 2011 1:59 AM | 106 Comments
According to Nikkei MJ Newspaper, the second season of Tiger & Bunny has been under consideration. Sunrise said the advertisement placed on the characters has established a new source of revenue independent of DVD & Blu-ray sales. However, the chief editor of Noitamina, Yamamoto Koji said the method cannot be applied to other anime.

Sources: Scan of Nikkei MJ, Biz Makoto

News credit: ShiroiRyu

20 of 106 Comments Recent Comments

i kept putting this show off until curiosity got the better of me and i was kicking myself for not seeing it sooner, iv just finished it and im glad they are making a second season but i hope its not all about the division 2.

Jun 9, 2012 6:47 AM by daleb729

hOMESTUCK said:
Solkiskey said:
Fujoshi run this anime's sales.



Personally it heartens me to see females be so totally invested in an anime that never became pandering or inclusive to them. Sunrise certainly spun the fujoshi angle once they figured out what a hit it was, but never to the point where it became fangirl bait. It's a solid show that just happens to have a substantial female fanbase. It's just one of those things that happens. I think that's really cool myself.

Entirely this.

Apr 23, 2012 11:49 PM by Sandileina

OMG PLEASE!!!

Apr 23, 2012 11:46 PM by RickRoss-Sama

Now I think that only with the tv series is good. Now this has a musical, one or two movies and now they want to make a second season?

Honestly, This anime is Ok with only one season.

Apr 23, 2012 6:24 PM by minimiau

YAY!!!
I'm really excited for this, after reading about the unlikelihood of other shows I watched being continued... I need closure. I need more huge 3D bananas.

Apr 23, 2012 3:07 PM by urobutcher

Need.
Now.

Apr 5, 2012 8:37 PM by zlae

Solkiskey said:
Fujoshi run this anime's sales.



Personally it heartens me to see females be so totally invested in an anime that never became pandering or inclusive to them. Sunrise certainly spun the fujoshi angle once they figured out what a hit it was, but never to the point where it became fangirl bait. It's a solid show that just happens to have a substantial female fanbase. It's just one of those things that happens. I think that's really cool myself.

Dec 23, 2011 7:24 AM by StreetFighter

Fujoshi run this anime's sales.

Dec 22, 2011 9:02 AM by Soru

Meh

Dec 22, 2011 6:41 AM by Nightmare-Soul

jmal said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
its like baccano making a ova to see if people want more its really obvious people are dying for more

Baccano: 3,389 per disc (original release), 2,519 BD box (2011 rerelease)
Tiger & Bunny: 25,815 per disc after 6 of 9 volumes

The two situations are really not similar. I'm not sure why it's considered "obvious" with Baccano. Western fans dramatically overstate (or engage in wishful thinking about) Baccano's popularity in Japan. It did okay - and I only put it that high because the BD box sold a bit better than you'd expect for a 3.4k seller, but even that is probably mostly riding Drrr's popularity - but it's not even remotely at T&B's level of success. And before anyone shits their pants about me talking down a show, I like Baccano well enough, so don't go there.
it did ok at first, its a huge show in both japan and america now, it just took time for people to give it a shot,

Dec 21, 2011 5:06 PM by JizzyHitler

I really do hope the second season comes out soon - gotta love Tiger & Bunny. I can't wait! :D

No dates have been announced yet? Dx

Dec 21, 2011 5:03 PM by gigglingidiot

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I suspect this off the tables for now with the announcement of the movies. Maybe they will use the success of the movies as an indicator to decide whether to make a second season or not.
do they really need any more evidence that people want more tiger and bunny, its like baccano making a ova to see if people want more its really obvious people are dying for more

Could be Sunrise still doesn't believe in this series, like they apparently didn't believe in it the whole time it was airing... they might still feel the need to test the waters.

Movies + Second Season please.

I feel it's ok to milk a franchise no one believed in.

Nov 21, 2011 10:34 AM by StreetFighter

It will probably be announced after the movie is released.
At least I hope so :D

Nov 20, 2011 1:14 PM by Nefarious

Well, I hope there is a second season UNLESS the following are explored in the movies:

- Lunatic.

- Rock Bison.

Nov 20, 2011 12:21 PM by Hachik0

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I suspect this off the tables for now with the announcement of the movies. Maybe they will use the success of the movies as an indicator to decide whether to make a second season or not.
do they really need any more evidence that people want more tiger and bunny, its like baccano making a ova to see if people want more its really obvious people are dying for more

Nov 20, 2011 9:48 AM by JizzyHitler

I suspect this off the tables for now with the announcement of the movies. Maybe they will use the success of the movies as an indicator to decide whether to make a second season or not.

Nov 20, 2011 9:38 AM by Pullman

Second season, want! Although it might be hinted because of Ouroboros which is seen at the last part. And... is it just me or does anybody else want to see Lunatic and the Heroes allied? ;m;

Nov 20, 2011 12:17 AM by Waifu

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
kurisutii_rin said:
I'm totally for another season.. I wonder if it will be with the characters in this season.. or with like a spin off with a younger generation of heroes. I hope for the same characters... I like them lots.. I will miss tiger and bunny if they get rid of them.. tiger especially. But if they do that I wonder what they will do with tiger and his degrading powers.


1-minute Tiger?
they will probably give him something that pro longs his powers, like mabey his power's evolve AND OH GOD DAMN IT MERUSHI I JUST HAD TO LOOK UP AND SEE YOUR AVATAR PIC DEPRESSSSSSSSSSSIOOOOOOOONNNNNN INCOMING



SPOILERS INCLUDED
I was thinking maybe when a next's child is getting his/her power the parents power decreases since thats what happened wid tiger n his daughter also when legend died his kid awakened his power(or maybe he was able to use b4 that we cant be sure but anyway) n before that legend's power was decreasing cuz maybe his kid's power was awakening? so this is my theory n then hopefully d parents would get their powers back or somethin.. or would just pass them onto their kids..like pass on the ability to be a next but they said next people were mutants so maybe my theory is shit after all xD damn

Nov 17, 2011 1:34 PM by VampireOjouChan

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
kurisutii_rin said:
I'm totally for another season.. I wonder if it will be with the characters in this season.. or with like a spin off with a younger generation of heroes. I hope for the same characters... I like them lots.. I will miss tiger and bunny if they get rid of them.. tiger especially. But if they do that I wonder what they will do with tiger and his degrading powers.


1-minute Tiger?
they will probably give him something that pro longs his powers, like mabey his power's evolve AND OH GOD DAMN IT MERUSHI I JUST HAD TO LOOK UP AND SEE YOUR AVATAR PIC DEPRESSSSSSSSSSSIOOOOOOOONNNNNN INCOMING

Oct 31, 2011 7:01 PM by JizzyHitler

I hope there'll be a second season. This anime was surprisingly better then most of the others this year.
I don't think Ouroboros is finished yet, so they can still use that for a plot. Barnaby still doesn't know what happened to his parents and why. Lunatic also gives some more opportunities for a story.

They can make a timejump to avoid Tigers declining powers. His daughter could then lead the next generation of heroes into new adventures, with Tiger being her support behind the lines.

So you see there's still plenty of things to tell about the world of Tiger & Bunny. It's up to the makers to keep up the same level of quality if they do make a sequel.

Oct 31, 2011 6:52 PM by Merushi

Related Database Entries