Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 16, 7:47 AM

May 2020
It feels like forever but finally it’s Himejima's turn, and tbh, the only interesting part of this training arc, which is already kind of derailed with the inclusion of excessive original content. And I mean yeah, we could guess the extent of how tough his trainings were, when someone like Inosuke, who was nowhere to be seen this whole time actually acknowledges the man himself lol.

I actually feel bad for those NPC’s who have to go through this, just for the sake of us getting convinced that there are OTHER people as well for whom this training arc is going on except this main bunch lol. Anyway, training would be completed by the next episode, it’s almost either way, with Himejima’s backstory in it too. That’s something to look forward to, but yeah, with this we’re getting near to the point when things would finally go south as well… Muzan in that formal attire is more than ready I mean.

Dec 2021
Finally Gyomei's time to shine.

Gyomei instructs the trainees on the importance of the legs and hips, emphasizing that a stable base leads to precise attacks and robust defense. He assigns them three tasks: standing under a waterfall to endure its pressure, carrying three large logs, and moving a giant boulder over a distance of one cho. Gyomei considers these tasks straightforward and manageable. When Zenitsu faints upon hearing his tasks, Gyomei orders Tanjiro to toss him into the cold river.

Genya has quickly warmed up to Tanjiro. At first, I thought he was a jerk, but now he seems really nice. Also btw, this episode shows how much that these demon slayers are bad at training—except for Tanjiro. I mean this dude easily followed Gyomei's orders to throw Zenitsu into the river and then revived Inosuke after he almost drowned. It was also nice to confirm that Gyomei is the strongest Hashira, which was obvious but good to know.

Tanjiro has finished the Hashira training! Also pretty sure next ep is the last, considering its 30-ish minutes long, we'll see tho.
Last two episodes (7 & 8) are extended length episodes.
https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1802351854036381937?t=Zdvuf5gTXbeO1o5UVxQmkQ&s=19
IzanaSolosJun 16, 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
So this is Himejima's training ground and the more I watch this season, the more amusing I find the training session to be. However, I'm not surprised as everything looks way more harder than it looks. Zenitsu's tears were priceless even though this arc is ment to be taken seriously.

Very interesting to see Nakime. She was teased in the trailers/opening but finally to get to see her face. It looks like Tanjirou is making quite a progress in his training so I hope all goes well.
Jun 16, 9:26 AM

Feb 2020
Another week of training arc

Training here with Gyomei on the icy waterfall

NAMU ABIDA BUTSU, NAMU ABIDA BUTSU
Jun 16, 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
the stone pillar is the strongest for sure

tanjiro mastered the repetitive motion technique
Jun 16, 9:32 AM

May 2015
Swoljiro is nojoke!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 16, 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
It's finally the Stone Hashira Gyomei Himejima's turn to get the spotlight, as the strongest of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Zenitsu is such a joke of a goofball, and while Tanjiro is just getting started, Inosuke...sure looks like he's holding that well for the strong waterfall training, until he's not. Murata is able to withhold that far, as well as Tanjiro who did it with difficulty, but none can withstand the tour de force that is Himejima. A grueling training for the trio once again who become the aforementioned comedy gag group again, as Upper Four Nakime has her investigation near-complete under Muzan's direction to scout out Nezuko and Ubuyashiki.

Some members bail out of the training phase to become support groups, and this is actually for the better since they can support from the backgrounds. As for those who remain, Tanjiro cooks up rather nice food for them, reminding him of family, and that they're doing this together for the greater good. Genya feeling bad that Tanjiro has to interfere with his brotherly affair, he gives Tanjiro advice on the boulder training...to anger and pent up as the repetitive motion. The thing is, Tanjiro can't exactly picture like Genya does, and by reminding himself of Rengoku and his family, and repeating the process, he manages to do it with ease.

The trainings are all about over, it's time to face Muzan and (at least) Upper Four Nakime next.
Jun 16, 9:34 AM
Sep 2015
Genya should take off his shirt too.
Jun 16, 9:43 AM

Jul 2011
See the 3 of them together after so long was nice.

So everyone high-up knew that things would get ugly, if Genya approached his brother.

Manjiro cooking to everyone.

Jun 16, 9:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Maintaining one's core is indeed important. Three tasks sure but difficult ones. Nice to see Inosuke and Zenitsu again though. Waterfall training sure looked harsh. But The boulder trial took the cake in difficulty though. If Tanjiro never joined the corps then he probaly would had made an excellent food seller. Pretty amusing seeing him be the mom for his fellows though. Just as physical ability are important in learning new techniques so are the mental reasons for wanting to learn them as well. What a way to end the training with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 10:04 AM
Aug 2021
amazing direction, amazing art, good comedy
Jun 16, 10:08 AM

Nov 2023
Himejima is a great character.

His training is great too.

Tanjiro once again finished his training without many problem like others
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jun 16, 10:17 AM

Jul 2023
IDK, this somehow made me feel like Tanjirou is trying to lift Thor's hammer

Jun 16, 10:33 AM
Oct 2016
Tanjiro and Zenitsu have arrived at the same stage of training as Inosuke. All three are back together again for the first time in a long time. Tanjiro and Zenitsu going under the freezing waterfall for the first part of the training. Some harsh conditions sitting under a waterfall on top of the water being freezing cold. Zenitsu couldn't handle it when chanting the Buddhist phrases that Himejima told them to practice for concentration. Tanjiro having to save Zenitsu from the river was funny, even though he himself wasn't doing much better. Inosuke made the right observation about Himejima, he is the strongest in the demon slayers Corps. The moving a boulder portion of the training was definitely the part they has trouble with the most. Its not easy moving giant rocks even if they're round. Unless you're moving them downhill they won't just roll easily, you have to shove them forward. Tanjiro cooking for the other trainees was adorable, he really did become like their mom making sure they ate good. Tanjiro and Genya having a nice conversation about repetitive action, repeating something over and over an help you get better at it. Might even lead you to succeeding at whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. Himejima looked funny watching those two talk from behind a much too small tree. Tanjiro digging deep thinking about his family and about Rengoku, summoning his mark to activate so he could move the boulder. Muzan is using Nakime to search for both Nezuko and Ubayashiki, he's narrowing down the search area after finding many of the demon slayers already. The time for training will soon reach its end.
Jun 16, 10:33 AM
Oct 2019
The influence of Rengoku-san is eternal. Also, the comedy was good
Jun 16, 10:36 AM
Oct 2023
How could training be so epic!
Jun 16, 10:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing strong training, and move the rock seems impossible!!!
kekeke
Jun 16, 10:43 AM

Jun 2019
More training... let's fucking gooooo. Tanjiro finally almost completed his training. He's at the last stage of his training with Mr. Himejima.
Jun 16, 10:55 AM

Jul 2023
This episode did feel a bit heavier than usual, and not only for the rock. An entire episode for this training was maybe a bit too much, but I understand that ufo wants to exploit Kimetsu as much as they can.
I wonder at which point this season will end with the extended lenght episodes left. This is going in a huge cliffhanger either way.
Jun 16, 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
Tanjiro should have done some punch it would totally work

Jun 16, 11:18 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah more training I guess. The next two episodes will be longer, I'm hyped.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 16, 11:47 AM

Oct 2017
The training is hard as expected but Tanjiro managed to learn it. Nakime's locating the demon slayers so the final clash is close. Not much time left.
Jun 16, 11:55 AM

Oct 2009
So... the guy we've never even seen doing the training just randomly shows up in the last quarter to cut move the Gordian knot stone... because apparently he can, because he's been doing the same thing too. And out of all of them, he remains fully clothed. ... Yeah, that didn't feel arbitrary at all. Elsewhere, Zenitsu rather needs a therapist, Inosuke is still a savage, Gonpachiro is officially the team mom, going for the heart in the midst of peak silly should be a foul, and geez I hope there's a doctor around somewhere because I sure as hell was expecting all kinds of injuries during all the closeups.

And after all this - another episode about Himejima, and a "double" at that? Sigh.
Jun 16, 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Looks like we're heading to the final stages of the training and Muzan is about to make his move. It's great the last episodes are going to be extended. Wish this season would be a little longer though so Tanjiro could spend more time with the Hashiras.
Jun 16, 12:39 PM
Jun 2024
I'm so glad to have Inosuke back with more screentime I love him.
And- go, Ranjiro, go! Push that boulder, Gancharo!
Jun 16, 12:47 PM

Jul 2022
Honestly pretty good all things considered. Animation popped off for random moments like Zenitsu using his lightning speed to jump on that rock lmaooo

Also cool to see Tanjiro continuing to improve, he figured out how to get his Demon Slayer's Mark to appear! Cool stuff! Bad guys moving in.

Also really liked the character interactions with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke lol.
Jun 16, 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Easily the worst/ most boring episode in the whole Demon Slayer series.
This is even worse than episode 4. Literally nothing happened, and nothing is showcased about the Hashira himself too.
A 100% filler episode with ZERO substance. You can easily skip this episode and miss LITERALLY NOTHING.
This episode is basically just S1 ep 3 training montage but stretch it 3 times longer.
Also the training itself seems less intense than BEFORE Tanjiro joined Demon Slayer Corp.

Demon Slayer has devolved into something you can watch in 2x speed and you still can gather all information and miss nothing.
In fact it's more enjoyable watching these episodes in 2x speed.
Ventus_SJun 16, 1:23 PM
Jun 16, 1:00 PM
Jul 2015
Not just the strongest but also coolest of all the hashira. But he had no screen time whatsoever. So sad. But I am sure he will in the very near future.
Peak animation as always.
Jun 16, 1:06 PM
Nov 2019
Obviously this training was tough on all of them, but Inosuke was basically water boarding himself and still made it through.

Jun 16, 1:10 PM

Apr 2008
Zenitsu drowning in the waterfall had me rolling 😂
Jun 16, 1:25 PM
Oct 2022
Gyomei Himejima is currently the strongest Hashira from Demon Slayer Corps. Tanjiro finally managed to clear Gyomei’s training by using repetitive moving for the boulder.

I believe that training is the hardest of all, you are a true legend if you can clear it. Himejima is affective, but strong as well. We got to see Muzan too. Over 60% of Demon Slayers were found by Nakime, Upper Four. Can’t wait to see the real fight and the showdown of demon slayers vs Muzan!
Jun 16, 1:25 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to Ventus_S
This is even worse than episode 4. Literally nothing happened, and nothing is showcased about the Hashira himself too.
A 100% filler episode with ZERO substance. You can easily skip this episode and miss LITERALLY NOTHING.
This episode is basically just S1 ep 3 training montage but stretch it 3 times longer.
Also the training itself seems less intense than BEFORE Tanjiro joined Demon Slayer Corp.

Demon Slayer has devolved into something you can watch in 2x speed and you still can gather all information and miss nothing.
A 100% filler episode with ZERO substance

This is entirely false. The episode adapted ch 134 and half of 135 with a slow pace. It's not filler at all
You seem to have a false notion of what filler is.

If it's in the manga, it's not filler, even if not much happened. Sorry if you didn't like it I guess.
Jun 16, 1:30 PM

Jan 2021
Finally my favorite Hashira got the screen time and it was great. Himejima is the goat of this generation and anime onlies are not ready to see him in action.

So the leaks about the next two episodes being longer came out to be true. I don't know why but this makes me more hyped for the upcoming content. Like a lot of this stuff is anime only so even manga readers have something new to look forward to.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 16, 1:33 PM

May 2020
Onto the next Hashira, Himejima Gyomei. His reaction for Zenitsu being unconscious seems forced. Dude ain’t funny or cute, but can’t be called weird either. Somewhere in the middle.

So he is the strongest Hashira? I guess among the current generation.

Zenitsu being over dramatic over a rock, as usual. Inosuke passed out too 🤣🤣🤣. Manjiro this time 🤣🤣🤣.

All those dudes calling Tanjiro as Ofkuro 🤣🤣🤣. Tanjiro took Genya’s advice and used his strongest emotions to help with pushing the boulder.

So, Muzan has no idea that the Head of the Ubuyashiki died and one of his children took over. He doesn’t even know how any of the Ubuyashiki looks like. Probably they have never met face to face other than somewhere around Muzan’s human life.
Jun 16, 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Noticed that in the post episode skit Tanjiro's forehead mark is the demon slayer mark rather than his regular one.
Jun 16, 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
The first part of the episode was super funny, I'm glad to see the main three guys get back together after all this time, Genya finally became friendly with Tanjiro, he is the big brother Genya needs right now.
Jun 16, 2:13 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Ventus_S

@Ventus_S ok guys his a troll account or an idiot lol cuz he already finished the show before it even done but I love idiot troll cuz they're can't understand anything his brain is already rotten from stupidity lol, I bet he can't even read the subtitle of the show a dumb trolllllll.
Jun 16, 2:15 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Altezein
A 100% filler episode with ZERO substance

This is entirely false. The episode adapted ch 134 and half of 135 with a slow pace. It's not filler at all
You seem to have a false notion of what filler is.

If it's in the manga, it's not filler, even if not much happened. Sorry if you didn't like it I guess.
@Altezein yeah he just a troll account don't mind him cuz he already finished the show cuz an idiot can't even decided the number of the Ep.
Jun 16, 2:24 PM
Jan 2017
Comedy is good, pacing not too bad either. I am enjoying this season so far.
Jun 16, 2:36 PM
cam ♡

Mar 2023
pretty funny episode, glad to see tanjiro mastering the repetitive motion
Jun 16, 2:45 PM

Oct 2016
I liked this episode. I just found out that this season only has 2 more episodes, which makes me wonder what will happen in these upcoming weeks. What has all of this been building towards? Hopefully towards something amazing. (7.5/10)
Jun 16, 2:49 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, what a great episode! The animation quality wasn't outstanding, but the scene direction was incredible. It was also a very beautiful episode in terms of character depth.

Jun 16, 2:56 PM
Sep 2022
animation is awsome again but this season is meh, i hope the next be the most well produced of unfotable.
Jun 16, 2:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Himejima’s training looks to be the most grueling by far, yeah the tasks are simple but they’re incredibly difficult tasks, tho there were quite a bit of funny moments with Zenitsu and Inosuke so just because it’s difficult doesn’t mean there’s no fun to be had, Zenitsu really latched onto that rock like SpongeBob in the pizza episode lol. We also got to see Genya again who gave Tanjiro some advice on how to move the boulder which looked impossible, I mean if Tanjiro was struggling I feel really bad for all these other poor schmucks lol. But eventually Tanjiro finally managed it, it’s little bits at a time but he did it, now I could complain that it seemed kinda random when he was able to do it, but I don’t know if they could make pushing a rock more interesting if it was drawn out more so I’m okay with how fast he got it lol.

We also got to see more of the demons’ POV, and I was thinking this eyes demon was in the real world but she’s actually doing all this from the twisty and turvy demon base with Muzan giving her commands, this has me wondering if we’re building up to an intense end to this overall more relaxed arc. And speaking of relaxed, loved the short bit where Tanjiro was cooking for everyone, that was pretty wholesome, people have been complaining about this season but man I just love seeing the Demon Slayer characters in a more chill setting, I like this series for more than just how amazing it looks after all.

And wow, are we actually getting longer episodes for the final two? And people were wondering how they were gonna stretch this arc for the remaining episodes and then we get this news lol, hell yeah man, I’m excited.
Jun 16, 3:13 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing episode,Tanjiro finally pushing the boulder had me hyped from the visuals to the ost even though it wasn’t as paramount as other hype moments such as the gyutaro vs tengen fight,the akaza vs rengoku fight,or muichiro & mitsuri getting their marks. We’re also seeing more of my goat gyomei so that’s always good.
Jun 16, 3:29 PM

Apr 2016
Not bad for a training episode, I remember the Himejima stuff from this arc being the only part I really liked so the next episode should be good
I'm surprised they're going for two extended episodes to end the season seeing as how much it seems like they're struggling to find ways to stretch all these episodes to even hit 20 minutes lol
Jun 16, 3:30 PM

Jul 2021
"Repeated motion" seems to be an interesting concept that's separate from breathing techniques, but I'm still not quite understanding how this works. Do you just call back to your traumatic/inspirational experience over and over, and push it one foot at a time?

I don't really understand why the Stone hashira himself couldn't explain this to Tanjiro and the corps swordsmen (and by extension, us the viewers). Is it really training if he just leaves everyone in the dark? Is the "repeated motion" concept something people can figure out on their own eventually?

Why does Genya know about this anyway? And why did the writers make Genya the one to explain this?
Jun 16, 4:05 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to perseii
"Repeated motion" seems to be an interesting concept that's separate from breathing techniques, but I'm still not quite understanding how this works. Do you just call back to your traumatic/inspirational experience over and over, and push it one foot at a time?

I don't really understand why the Stone hashira himself couldn't explain this to Tanjiro and the corps swordsmen (and by extension, us the viewers). Is it really training if he just leaves everyone in the dark? Is the "repeated motion" concept something people can figure out on their own eventually?

Why does Genya know about this anyway? And why did the writers make Genya the one to explain this?
@perseii You underestimate how bad Japanese people were at teaching things in a straightforward way before they westernized. Read some old scrolls some time, it's hilarious.
Jun 16, 4:08 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to Enbu_Kirikaze
This episode did feel a bit heavier than usual, and not only for the rock. An entire episode for this training was maybe a bit too much, but I understand that ufo wants to exploit Kimetsu as much as they can.
I wonder at which point this season will end with the extended lenght episodes left. This is going in a huge cliffhanger either way.
@Enbu_Kirikaze homie, this was all manga content this episode
Jun 16, 4:19 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
See a lot of people complaining about this season, but this is the weakest arc of the series and it’s only 9 chapters. They have to pad for time and add filler. In my personal opinion it should have been a movie, but that’s not the direction Ufotable went with it. If you aren’t enjoying the season, go read the manga. It’s 9 chapters and you can finish it very quickly. There’s no point in hate watching a series just to complain your ass off in the discussion boards. Next two episodes are at extended lengths and I’m pretty sure anyone who read the manga will know where it will end off at. Let’s be prepared for it 👌
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 9

162 by Matheus050 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

539 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

262 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

155 by Sean_T_kendo »»
Sep 23, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.