Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 7:08 PM
Oct 2019
WHAT A PHENOMENAL EPISODE MY PARTNERS, what a beautiful episode, they updated a lot of things related to the manhwa, but it was perfectoooooooo
Feb 17, 7:12 PM
Aug 2023
is it not a special episode recap or is the next episode the recap
Feb 17, 7:12 PM

Jun 2023
Jinu such a good oppa :3
Feb 17, 7:22 PM
Apr 2023
That was some pretty rad use of items. Makes me wonder what he would've received if he picked the Cursed Item gacha instead of the Blessed one.
Feb 17, 7:46 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...
@LessThanAnimeFan well, the case is that after the buff the cerberus was having ended, the paralyze as well as drain effect somewhat started to act and then after the continuous attacks on his eyes which i think is his weak point the drain effect increased, and that's why it fell down.
Feb 17, 8:01 PM
Feb 2017
Reply to Alkimia
@deg Yeah I think I may just end up dropping here in that case. I can't really say I've been enjoying the last few episodes as much as with other series.

@Gilgamesh216 Exactly! Like based on all the hype this show has been getting especially near the start I was expecting a bit more but yeah the story isn't anything groundbreaking or deep, imo it's mostly just pure action and things I've seen before in other places.
@Alkimia Yeah, there definitely are other anime that are better. Since this is the first manhwa I ever read and what got me in to it, I really loved it so it's for sure my top manhwa otherwise there are other manhwas that are genuinely better with a better story, character and world development. I was really hyped too and I understand why because all the manhwa fans really loved it and hyped it up like A LOT, but I like it personally it's just one of the genres I like, though I do acknowledge that the anime isn't that great compared to other ones, same with the manhwa. Since A-1 is doing this, the artstyle and animations are pretty dope.
I feel like the anime will get better in like season 2 which I assume will happen although later on it's still Sung Jin-Woo basically being hella op and just straight up overpowering other enemies or having really close calls.
It's my first time ever posting or saying something about an anime, so I hope you get my point because I get lost midway writing stuff, but I do respect that you're honest and not just straight up shitting on all the fans that are overhyping this.
Feb 17, 8:24 PM
Jan 2015
Another boss fight that is changed from the manhwa to be more "epic" but makes a lot less sense. Disappointing but at this point I'ma just accept that I'm not the target audience. It's people that think Jinwoo tanking more than a half dozen attacks after taking 50% damage from just one is "perfecto". That's the audience.
Feb 17, 8:25 PM

Oct 2019
So Cerberus was A-rank, not S. Which means our MC must also be roughly A-rank by now. But he needs to upgrade to S-rank to defeat the (also S-rank) Demon King and get the Elixir's ingredients.

It is weird that the system only mentions the numerical levels of the MC yet at the same time cites A or S-rank difficulties for quests. Is there a correlation between numerical levels and alphabetical ranks? 🤔
Feb 17, 8:54 PM
Jan 2024
baddass fight.... woaaaaaaaaaa
Feb 17, 9:17 PM
Jun 2023
Ba-Cii10 said:
@Confused_100 who said that poking in the eye is pointless? it's just boring, every boss fight has to end this way? in the third episode he also risked his life and he should learn that it is too dangerous, if he knows that thanks to the system he will become strong enough sooner or later, why rush? in this episode he was close to death and he didn't think that he would leave his mother and sister xD

first thing is, system is controlling him, if he doesn't do a mission then he will get penalty,here he doesn't know what kindof boss might appear, so he is trying his best to fight and get stronger, every mc fights and becomes strong,for example take Goku literally dies 10 times and fights again , jin woo didn't die but trying his best.and it's his character development too.when his development is completed then you will die from his coolness. 8 can guarantee that.
Feb 17, 9:28 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to phantomfandom
The big bad brother seems hot.

It seems like Jinwoo also level up his ego as well.
@phantomfandom true, he gets egoistic tho.
And I guess it comes with fame as well, very few people are able to stay down to earth. Like post Malone or Keanu Reeves, Ratan Tata etc etc .....

But Jinwoo has another reason for being rude/ just say cold hearted........it would make him look down as the Solo Leveling world is corrupted with Hunters,, as u saw rn that PKing Guild
........n he has a reputed status to maintain,, so he just acts like a celebrity irl, that we know.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Feb 17, 9:40 PM
Nov 2016
Great ep, finally some decent pace as well. The fight animations were stunning.
Tho, one point of criticism, MC's seiyuu is trying a bit too hard. Reminds me of that annoying SAO Kirito seiyuu that's going overboard in every role he's voicing.
Feb 17, 9:41 PM
Jan 2023
Sigmawoo back at it on the grind 🔥
Feb 17, 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
Jinwoo got his ass kicked again....god damn.
Feb 17, 9:54 PM

Jan 2018
I wonder if Jinwoo made a mistake by not taking that deal. Not because he's missing out on 30 billion but because he might be making an enemy out of that rich kid. He has already made an enemy out of that asshole's brother. Can't wait to see how that goes.

He already found an elixir of life to cure his mother? That was fast. But I guess it'll take a while for him to get the ingredients to craft it. He got his ass beat just from the gatekeeper. I wonder what horrors lie inside the castle...

Recap episode next week. Great. But I prefer recaps over episodes getting delayed indefinitely... Hopefully, that doesn't happen to Solo Leveling. Besides, if they're taking a break next week it means the last few episodes will probably have some insane animation. The animation in the last few episodes earned A-1 a break honestly. They're a much better studio now than they used to be.
Feb 17, 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
This show is very dumb.
Feb 17, 10:12 PM
Feb 2013
It's so dumb. The guy was the worst hunter in the world, within a month got strong enough to beat a C level boss. Okay.
Then he rejects offer of a lifetime because "I might become stronger than S rank!". Baseless conjecture, his levelling up might end at any time. A day later he opens an S-rank dungeon without a plan for beating it and an idiotic escape plan? Is he insane? He almost died to the cobra and the spider, both around C rank bosses.

Of course plot armor saves his moronic ass, and he somehow beats an S rank monster?

I think I'm giving up on this show, I can't comprehend why people like it. Are you all 12 and didn't watch DBZ for power fantasy cravings?
Feb 17, 10:26 PM
Jan 2024
Masterclass episode. This adaptation is straight HEAT 🔥
Feb 17, 10:55 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Black_Raven_2299
@Gilgamesh216 solo leveling is not known for its story, it's known for it's action, art and good mc. Story might be generic but it was trendsetter for lot of dungeon & leveling manhwa. Solo leveling has it's weak points but if they do 24 episodes it will reach the hype. If split cours then it might end up like 86 &
csm not living to the hype because real story starts after that.
@Black_Raven_2299

The problem is that SL's weakest part is the MAIN part...the RPG mechanics and leveling details.
Feb 17, 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
He doesn't even break a sweat when doing the daily quest now, unlike before. A lot of eyes set on Jin-Woo now, Jin-Chul keeping a watchful eye on him.

That's seven episodes less. Five more episodes. Guess I won't see those characters.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 17, 11:03 PM
Jul 2023
Is it just me, or A1 thinks that Washington (USA) and Seoul are both in Korea?
Feb 17, 11:21 PM

Jun 2021
I still can't process how Sung Jinwoo's character design just keeps getting better. He's literally a whole different person by looks as compared to the first episode and it just keeps getting sharper and sharper too

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Feb 17, 11:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright introduction of the demon castle, together with elixir of life, and the detoxification.

Jinhoo plan to 19th raiding nonstop, and Jinah boobs can't stop diverting my eyes.

Nothing spectacular to the action element. Just a cerberus. Saving budget for the future hype-up battle scenes perhaps? Let's see next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 17, 11:47 PM

May 2019
I'm surprised that Jinwoo did not take that offer as that money sounds like it's really life changing but I guess he thinks he can do better on his own. I also didn't like how Jinho implied that he might blackmail him by saying that if he takes the offer he'll take his secret to the grave. Maybe both their tunes will change once that younger brother starts hunting them down although that brother's chances for revenge are going down as Jinwoo levels up.
Feb 17, 11:49 PM
Aug 2018
Pretty good episode of anime. I loved it, but only because I'm buckled in for the ride. I try to consider what it would be like to observe the episode as a first time viewer with no context, and for that person, this episode might just be okay, but for me, this just keeps things moving, and I love it.
Feb 18, 12:14 AM
Oct 2019
Bro refused 30 billions offer. LMAO

Cerberus really put up an intense Battle for sure.
Bro really test out his limit.

Feb 18, 12:24 AM
Dec 2023
Really game elements is such a lame thing, what even the points in numbers, levels, stats when you are getting sudden buffs and damage is inconsistent. Otherwise cool episode
Feb 18, 1:22 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to Alkimia
I wasn't planning on posting anything about this show, but I genuinely don't get the hype around it lol like yeah I guess the animation is pretty cool but idk I've been on the fence between dropping this or not since episode like 3 or 4, and I still am. Only reason I haven't yet is because this show got so hyped up so it must be really good... Right? Idk I might stick around to the end to see where it goes but it does feel just a little overrated at least to me
@Alkimia for now u can say it's overrated but it keeps getting better, especially the jeju island arc will justify it's hype, but have to wait till cour 2 for that. Dw episode 12 will be the 1st hype episode.
Feb 18, 1:58 AM
Dec 2022
Jinwoo barely survives the first monster in S-Rank dungeon. How would he be able to level up more to fight the next time? Plus he has a bigger problem in the Hwangsuk brother seeking revenge.
Feb 18, 2:19 AM
Jun 2023
Yaggamy said:
I saw that a lot of people didn't understand why SJW went inside the dungeon or how did he beat the first monster. So to clear up some misconceptions:
- In the manhwa he accepts Jin-Ho's proposal. This means he's going to have to clear C rank dungeons on his own. For this to work he has to gauge his current strength and level up more. He also wants to exceed the expectations of the system.
- Cerberus is an A rank monster. SJW's title gives him 40% buff against beast type enemies. This buff didn't work against the snake and spider boss. Originally he gets the 20% damage reduction before the fight.
- It's only presumed the dungeons is an S rank because of the rarity of the key that opens it. He doesn't have a device to actually measure the dungeon's rank.
- Rank of a dungeon means the magical energy it emits. For example an S rank gate could mean 1 S rank boss, or a million E rank thrash mobs inside the dungeon.
- Dungeons usually get tougher the further you go in. So it's pretty standard for hunters to see how far they can go. It's very rare for the first monster to be something that you can't handle.
- So far the system has only thrown stuff at him that he could handle. It constantly tries to keep him alive so it's logical to think from SJW's point of view that this dungeon is something that he could tackle.
- He doesn't have any other options to level up right now. As an E rank he can't participate in high level raids. And he can't reevaluate his rank because that would draw too much attention and would put his family in danger. This instance dungeon is his only chance to level up.

At least someone actually paid attention to the show
Feb 18, 2:30 AM

Aug 2022
That fight was awsome! However I'm a bit disappointed that the next weeks episode will be a recap.
Feb 18, 2:45 AM
Jun 2023
Hontoni Amazing Episode
Feb 18, 4:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
BOOM, S-Rank dungeon, just like that. And although just barely, he even beats the first monster; a cerberus guarding the castle. Man this guy is gonna get stupid powerful in no time isn't he.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 18, 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like he mastered one-eyed, do-it-I-dare-you side glance death stare on the poor (well we know he's actually a rich brat), young (he's gonna grow old with that secret) guy when he left. XD
My brother was killed.

Well because he was an @$$h0l3, lemme guess you're an even bigger @$$h0l3 than he was because I'm also assuming it comes with your bigger e-dick rank (I'm also assuming he's also one of the S-ranks outside the country as he was inquiring about the extradition treaty as such while there seems to be only 7 in the country right now, and as he's acting like a hotshot treating and killing RL hunters like it's an inconvenience). I hope he comes around when Jin already killed the Demon King from that Demon Castle itself or something, and we'll all have a happy time watching him delusionally stare down our guy with his red vengeful eyes when it fact it'll be him watching up to Jin's Murderous Intent Lvl-fockton blue eyes.

True to it's RPG nature, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that easy to obtain the S-rank item. You have to farm the materials first from bosses if I'm not mistaken, lets pray to the frickin' sys/devgods/DM of the dungeons, the drop rate is consistent and they don't have crafting failure rate mechanics. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 18, 4:54 AM
Jun 2012
Reply to felixsifuri
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.
@felixsifuri
Yeah. Every time he voices his inner thoughts I'm like "uh, bro, care to think about it a bit more?" It's fun overall, but I can't take MC seriously.
Feb 18, 4:58 AM

Jan 2019
Damn I don't remember the cerberus fight being that gnarly in the manhwa.

Feb 18, 5:13 AM

Jan 2020
yeah sorry it goes way too fast, suddenly guy can deal with an S rank dungeon lol with this pace it will be over after 5 episodes lol
Feb 18, 5:16 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to UnknownGhost5
That fight was awsome! However I'm a bit disappointed that the next weeks episode will be a recap.
@UnknownGhost5, yes, production problems as it was NieR: Automata Ver 1.1a.
Feb 18, 5:24 AM

Mar 2013
I can't wait for MC to beat that brother of that murderer... how will it play out... 🥲 (MC's skills are too OP)
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 18, 6:21 AM
Jun 2007
Wow a gatekeeper is S-rank which he managed to defeat.
Feb 18, 6:45 AM
Feb 2015
At this point he's gonna be protected by plot armor isn't he? Should grind up first before doing secret quest
Feb 18, 7:07 AM
Dec 2023
This was a good episode
Feb 18, 8:15 AM
Dec 2021
weakest so far imo but still a very solid episode
Feb 18, 9:23 AM
Mar 2015
The wee beastie is no match as you look for the Elixir of life Threats incoming
Feb 18, 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to amf85
I have to agree with many others here, this feels like they're being inconsistent in order to rush Jin Woo's development, rather than following a plot/progression curve which makes sense within the universe they purport to be building. They set up an anime world full of ranks and stats, hyper focus on them much of the time...and then completely ignore them in favor of plot armor when they want to just skip a few levels. It feels very wasted to me. This anime would be much better if they took the time to have Jin Woo properly level up. He just beat a C-level boss. It should have taken 3-4 episodes at least to get to beating an B-Level boss. S level is tippy top...it should have been a season finale level event to beat such a boss, and taking a major step towards curing his mom would similarly be a season-finale level reward. Instead they're rushing right at the start, and...why? We're all enjoying the show, right? We'd all enjoy watching Jin-Woo go through the growth/leveling process, building his stats, learning about the game-system, picking buffs and getting gear, working towards being able to defeat something like Cerberus, rather than just instantly being able to do so with such minimal build-up and payoff. This is supposed to be a show about abusing game mechanics, right? The anime is LITERALLY about leveling up! So why are they skipping so much of that?

Again, such a waste. This anime is still entertaining, but it could be so much better if they let it live up to its own potential.
@rotflolmaomgeez
rotflolmaomgeez said:
It's so dumb. The guy was the worst hunter in the world, within a month got strong enough to beat a C level boss. Okay.
Then he rejects offer of a lifetime because "I might become stronger than S rank!". Baseless conjecture, his levelling up might end at any time.

Is not a lifetime offer. His thinking is right. If he gets to S rank, 30 billion will be pocket change. What game out there has a level cap at level 30? There is nothing in the system to make him believe there could be a cap, and if there was, it would be more logical to be at level 99 or 100. Moreover, he refuses because he is a stranger, and he doesn't trust him yet, especially after what happened in the dungeon. The offer he got from those hunters was pretty good too, and look how it ended.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
A day later he opens an S-rank dungeon without a plan for beating it and an idiotic escape plan? Is he insane? He almost died to the cobra and the spider, both around C rank bosses.

He doesn't enter the dungeon to beat it, he enters to test it and learn how much stronger he needs to be to beat it. He had a teleportation stone too, to escape the dungeon if he got in danger.

rotflolmaomgeez said:
Of course plot armor saves his moronic ass, and he somehow beats an S-rank monster?

Who told you that the Cerberus was ranked S? The dungeon is ranked S. That doesn't mean that all the monsters in it are ranked S, it just means that the boss is, and not even that is guaranteed.

@MickeyMinaj
MickeyMinaj said:
I still can't process how Sung Jinwoo's character design just keeps getting better. He's literally a whole different person by looks as compared to the first episode and it just keeps getting sharper and sharper too

Is not his character design that changes, is Ji Woo itself - he got taller, put on muscles, and got more handsome as he leveled up.

@Leongolleyn
Leongolleyn said:
Really game elements is such a lame thing, what even the points in numbers, levels, stats when you are getting sudden buffs and damage is inconsistent. Otherwise cool episode

The buffs aren't necessarily random, is the way they appear that is bad design. The story enstablishes a skill, or buff once, and then the story expects you to remember that forever. It was the same with the webcomic. I marathoned the whole damn thing in 2 days, and I still had trouble keeping up with everything, I can't even imagine how it was for those who read it on a weekly basis for 4-5 years. For example, Ji Woo has a 40% boost against beast-type monsters from the time he defeated the wolves in that other dungeon in episode 3, which is why even thou this Cerberus is a lot stronger than the Spider, that buff reduces its strength close to half. But if you don't pay attention and forget those buffs, they seem as if they are pulled out of the ass XD But because of the RPG-like elements, is hard to keep the viewer aware of all those buffs and skills, without dumping on them exposure constantly.

@felixsifuri
felixsifuri said:
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.

He didn't struggle against a 'mediocre' boss. Even the B-rank hunter said that he couldn't take that boss alone. And no he didn't go in the dungeon unprepared. What you forget is that, while Ji Woo sees the ranks of beasts and dungeons, he doesn't really have a clear picture of what rank he is, nor can he equate his level to a rank. The only way he can know how strong he is, is by testing his power. When he beat the spider, he leveled up 3-4 levels. He then killed with ease a group of C-rank and D-rank hunters and killed with no effort a B-rank hunter. He could equivalate from that, that he is at least an upper B-rank or even an A-rank. But by killing the hunters he leveled up again. He didn't enter the dungeon to conquer it, he entered to test it. He got a teleportation stone on him, to teleport outside the dungeon if it gets dangerous. He is only forced to fight to kill the Cerberus only because he lost the teleportation sone when he was about to teleport. And yeah, the Cerberus is stronger than the spider, but he got a 40% buff against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the dungeon with wolves in episode 3, so the power of the Cerberus is reduced by 40% - is not that bad. But still, he was just planning to test its power.

LessThanAnimeFan said:
So? How is it supposed to justify that he killed cerberus by hitting only one eye, especially when he is in it's mouth being literally bitten in half (and ofc that wont kill him, but stabbing cerberus in eye is completely different matter)?

LessThanAnimeFan said:
I get it, but to see those effects work THAT fast... Maybe I missed smth but it was cancelling every debuff that his dagger applies.
As I recall the snake was somehing aroung C-rank, so I doubt a C-rank dagger can damage that much to mob like this.

The eye is a vital point, as it's close to the brain. He inflicts a 10% poison damage with every hit too. Plus, he has the player system, each of his hits inflicts an amount of damage. It doesn't matter where you hit, the monster dies when its HP reaches 0. Additionally, the Cerberus is likely rank A, but the MC has a 40% buff status against beast-type monsters, from when he conquered the Red Wolves dungeon in episode 3. So it's as if the Cerberus had its power cut in half, so a lower B rank.

@Sokah
Sokah said:
Brother dies in a dungeon, immediate assumption, someone far less powerful than him murdered him.

He was aware that his brother was using lower-rank hunters as bait and had them killed. So, if the two hunters who were not part of his team and who were supposed to die, survived, while his brother and team died, is a pretty logical conclusion that they were somehow murdered by the two survivors.

Sokah said:
Dude gets key to what he assumes is an S-Rank dungeon... immediately uses it with no preparation.

He didn't go without preparations. He had a teleportation stone, to teleport outside the dungeon, if he got in danger, he basically entered the dungeon to test it.
@Sokah
Sokah said:
He was missing an arm, he was basically bitten in half, he'd lost several times more blood than a human body even has...

They didn't just show him close to death, they showed he had taken enough damage to kill him 5x over.

It's established from episode one, that awakened peoples are superhumans. Even Ji Woo, who was the weakest level E in the world, was still so much stronger than a normal human, that he could best with ease even a professional athlete. And the higher the rank they are, they can survive some really nasty injuries. Moreover, Ji Woo has the player system that changes the rules for him. It doesn't matter how much he bleeds and what injuries he gets, he dies only when his HP reaches 0. Plus, every hit he gets, inflicts a certain amount of damage.

@Triplec3000
Triplec3000 said:
They keep changing main parts of how the story plays out and it starting to feel meh on the character building. Why in the last two big boss fights has he just become stab the eye and get it done? I feel like they have dumbed the character down and made it seem like he barely survives anything he fights instead of being collected in his thoughts before he risks his life.

I don't know when you read the webcomic last time, but there are no actual changes to the story, just some scenes added to patch things up, and some things are slowed down, because the webcomic is very fast-paced. Also, the MC isn't dumbed down, he was dumb from the start. The MC is always controlled by the story and world-building, he is pushed around instead of pushing the story around. Is because the author makes him too strong too fast, so that's the only way to add stakes to the story. Have you forgotten how Ji Woo refuses to go to Jeju Island because of some dumb reason like: 'My mom needs me here.' only to go there in the end, but only after an S-rank hunter ends up killed? Or how he doesn't go to Japan, because his sister doesn't want him to go, only to go later anyway, but only after countless people die? The MC's choices and motivations have always been quite dumb and poorly defined.

Ba-Cii10 said:
It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐

Really? e e The MC's relationship with his own mother needs development? It's his f**ing mother, what is there to develop? You are going after the bottom of the barrel here.

amf85 said:
I have to agree with many others here, this feels like they're being inconsistent in order to rush Jin Woo's development, rather than following a plot/progression curve which makes sense within the universe they purport to be building. They set up an anime world full of ranks and stats, hyper focus on them much of the time...and then completely ignore them in favor of plot armor when they want to just skip a few levels. It feels very wasted to me. This anime would be much better if they took the time to have Jin Woo properly level up. He just beat a C-level boss. It should have taken 3-4 episodes at least to get to beating an B-Level boss. S level is tippy top...it should have been a season finale level event to beat such a boss, and taking a major step towards curing his mom would similarly be a season-finale level reward. Instead they're rushing right at the start, and...why? We're all enjoying the show, right? We'd all enjoy watching Jin-Woo go through the growth/leveling process, building his stats, learning about the game-system, picking buffs and getting gear, working towards being able to defeat something like Cerberus, rather than just instantly being able to do so with such minimal build-up and payoff. This is supposed to be a show about abusing game mechanics, right? The anime is LITERALLY about leveling up! So why are they skipping so much of that?

Again, such a waste. This anime is still entertaining, but it could be so much better if they let it live up to its own potential.

I'm afraid that you misunderstand the kind of anime this is. This is a power fantasy, not a build-up RPG Isekai. Is the sort of story, where the character spends 90% of it, being an OP demi-God more powerful than anyone, making all women blush, and being a total badass. Is not about a guy taking his time to level up. He speeds run that stage - he is an upper A rank by now, and he is gonna be an S rank by the end of the season. Most of the story is about him, going from that to basically becoming a living God who can conquer the world bare-handed. Ji Woo is basically Anos Vordigord in making, and the story is an One Punch Man that takes itself seriously.
Feb 18, 9:44 AM

Sep 2023
kronopy said:
The eye is a vital point, as it's close to the brain.

If that's the case, cerberus had 3 brains😊.
kronopy said:
Plus, he has the player system, each of his hits inflicts an amount of damage. It doesn't matter where you hit, the monster dies when its HP reaches 0.

I would agree on that and didn't even complain, if we and MC could see the actual HP bar of the mobs. Everything would be ok, they just should add that he can see it's HP bar, then I bet noone would care where he lands a hit.
kronopy said:
He doesn't enter the dungeon to beat it, he enters to test it and learn how much stronger he needs to be to beat it. He had a teleportation stone too, to escape the dungeon if he got in danger.

Isn't it like only one chance to enter it and if he leaves then the dungeon entrance disappears?
Feb 18, 9:49 AM

Jun 2021
@kronopy I get tall and muscles stuff, that's Saitama level workout regime we're talking about so makes sense. But his eye shape, voice, and like an overall change in facial features was drastic, almost like a plastic surgeon's god hands did some magic (it's korea too lol). Besides it's anime and I liked the glowup so who cares, just amazed at how quickly it happened over just a couple weeks

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Feb 18, 9:53 AM
Nov 2022
The protagonist learned the hard way about the importance of carrying healing when you are going to fight something powerful, nice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IN SPANISH THERE IT SAYS "COFFEE PENIS" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Feb 18, 10:26 AM
Mar 2021
Starting to get scared for the future of this show. Main character started off pretty grounded, but the second he gets a bit of power he becomes self-insert generic edgy Iseki protagonist. They literally even changed his character design to give hive him a chiseled Chad-face wtf. Starting to think this will just become a "look how cool I am" edgy cringe fest. Complete personality flip in 2 episodes. The system and leveling seems like an interested concept but dear God I think Sung watched Eminence in Shadow between episodes and fully embraced the Cid cringe fest.
Feb 18, 10:33 AM

Nov 2020
@kronopy XD Yes, if this is one of the MC's main motivations he expects it to be developed, how can you be committed to the goal of saving a character you know nothing about? ok this is his mother and it's understandable that he wants to save her but as a viewer I don't give a damn because his mother is just an NPC lying in the hospital, it's not enough to just say it, you also have to show it, but the average viewer of this anime doesn't care, that's what counts only that MC is a badass XD
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

441 by NixonSixon »»
Sep 23, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Which k-pop artist do you want to do the op for the next season.

Hickykissy - Sep 16

16 by H-Callahan_XXII »»
Sep 23, 12:27 PM

» Is it available on Netflix?

Hickykissy - Sep 20

14 by MadanielFL »»
Sep 23, 9:08 AM

» Jeju Island is already been animated.

Hickykissy - Sep 17

7 by Philadelphia07 »»
Sep 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » 【Lyric Video】 『4eVR』 Hiroyuki SAWANO feat. Benjamin&mpi, Laco from 『Ore dake Level Up na Ken』

LittleStar - Sep 16

4 by deg »»
Sep 16, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.