Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
At the time when he made the kill, Jin-Woo wasn't in the best state of mind so it's no surprise that he tries to recall what happened.

Nonetheless, this episode shows that he continues to want to improve himself and go beyond expectations. He's got a strong work ethic if you ask me. Jin-Woo once again had to fight some nasty monster this episode. Now that I think about it, he's fought some insane shit this season already. The show still adheres to RPG and game elements with the battles though. This episode also had him in one of the more difficulty ifghts.
Feb 17, 7:28 AM

May 2020
Well, Jinho being the super rich kid he is, of course he’d try to get Jinwoo on his side, but knowing the benefits he gets from the system, that’s just not a profitable deal for Jinwoo. But trust me, their relationship is there to stay, so rest assured that meeting ain’t gonna sour the mood going forward. As for consequences of whatever Jinwoo did to those thugs last episode, the younger brother of that dumb af big brother will come to take his revenge.

Will see that in due time, but for now, it’s the usual grinding, with him exploring the dungeons and such, except when he actually did get in trouble against that three faced wolf sort of, I mean he had a genuine reason to clear the dungeon this time around, so of course he’d not let go of this opportunity this easy.

Plenty of blood raining this episode, but despite facing the difficulties of like let’s say, lower hp or something, Jinwoo did actually beat the main boss, the cerberus, and hey he got that ELIXIR OF LIFE. We know how he's gonna use that anyway.

Be it a moving episode, but the standards haven't quite seen a low yet. Great job.
Softhenic03Feb 17, 7:31 AM
Feb 17, 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Somebody's gotta stop A-1, because seriously, they're on fire with two wins in a row.

While clearing the C-rank dungeon, Jinwoo, who had ruthlessly dealt with the attackers from Hwang Dongsuk's squad driven by greed, felt bewildered by his own ability to take human lives without hesitation. However, as he continued his training and completed more daily quests than required, he encountered a key that would lead him to a dungeon. After entering the dungeon, Jinwoo starts to think about how if a key's rarity is proportional to the dungeon's difficulty, then the dungeon he had just entered... was an S-Rank one!

The new scenes they added to the anime really make a difference. Like, for example, they show Jinwoo visiting his mom, which never happened in the original manhwa. I mean, he's supposed to be this family guy, but they never showed him visiting his sick mom, at least not in the first 50 chapters that I've read.

I love how the anime really dives into the beatdown Jinwoo takes from Cerberus, unlike in the manhwa. I mean, it's his first time tackling an S-Rank dungeon—there's no way he's walking out of there unscathed. But when he picks himself up again, it's like a whole new level of determination kicks in. Huge kudos to A-1 for picking up this project and putting so much care into it. People might argue about other studios, but when A-1 commits, they really shine. This episode is hands down the most visually stunning one yet.

And Jinwoo... man, he's unstoppable. Beating an A-Rank boss like it's nothing. Just keeps on leveling up, all on his own.

Feb 17, 7:35 AM

Jan 2021
It would be an understatement to say that A-1 Pictures are giving justice to this anime, the adaptation has been a masterpiece since the beginning.
At this point, Manhwa/Webtoon fans are enjoying a buffet.

Mr. Woo Jinchul of the Korean Hunters Association is becoming suspicious of the events surrounding Sung Jinwoo. Reading reports about Jinwoo (assumed to be E-rank), surviving twice, they cannot overlook this case.
And S-rank Hwang Dongsoo is now heading to Korea seeking revenge for his brother, Dongsuk.
Sung Jinwoo and Yoo Jinho now face imminent danger.

The Cerberus fight was so cool!
Jinwoo having a "Health and Longevity" buff was so cheap, allowing him to consume Kasaka's Venom Gland without experiencing permanent damage from poison.
It's so funny that he's unable to get drunk due to the buff.

Jinwoo now has the opportunity to cure his mother with the Elixir of Life. Of course this is good news for him, knowing that he may finally be able to bring his mother the healing she deserves.

Jinwoo's decision not to continue venturing through the castle was a good call because he is underleveled, unlike other power fantasy characters who just go straight ahead and rely on their plot armor.
YuyuichiFeb 18, 9:35 PM
Feb 17, 7:56 AM
Aug 2022
Man the animation quality is on it's peak since the day of the broadcast.
"Let's See How far I can go"

Ricky16Feb 17, 7:59 AM
Feb 17, 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
the cerberus fight is cool

also he got a chance to cure his mother with that elixir of life
Feb 17, 9:32 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
Well, Jinho being the super rich kid he is, of course he’d try to get Jinwoo on his side, but knowing the benefits he gets from the system, that’s just not a profitable deal for Jinwoo. But trust me, their relationship is there to stay, so rest assured that meeting ain’t gonna sour the mood going forward. As for consequences of whatever Jinwoo did to those thugs last episode, the younger brother of that dumb af big brother will come to take his revenge.

Will see that in due time, but for now, it’s the usual grinding, with him exploring the dungeons and such, except when he actually did get in trouble against that three faced wolf sort of, I mean he had a genuine reason to clear the dungeon this time around, so of course he’d not let go of this opportunity this easy.

Plenty of blood raining this episode, but despite facing the difficulties of like let’s say, lower hp or something, Jinwoo did actually beat the main boss, the cerberus, and hey he got that ELIXIR OF LIFE. We know how he's gonna use that anyway.

Be it a moving episode, but the standards haven't quite seen a low yet. Great job.
@Softhenic03 in the manhwa, Jinwoon accept from jinho proposal right? Or I miss remembered?
Feb 17, 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
The big bad brother seems hot.

It seems like Jinwoo also level up his ego as well.
Feb 17, 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
This was Jinwoo's toughest challenge yet, coming dangerously close to the brink of death for the first time since the premiere episode. Thankfully, unlike then, he has a lot of tools in his arsenal that allowed him to just barely come away from that battle alive. After that struggle, he got a craft guide for the Elixir of Life. He's a step closer to being able to cure his mom. Gotta get stronger first though before coming back to that dungeon.

A-1 killed it again this week, what another great action-packed episode.

People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 17, 9:54 AM
May 2021
Animation was clean this ep, Sung Jin Woo still showing how strong he is!
Feb 17, 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode. Too bad he is on the hit list now.
Feb 17, 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
The action was really cool again, Jin Woo had to fight hard this time though. Sucks that next week is recap episode. One extra week to wait.
Feb 17, 10:05 AM

Dec 2022
well sung jin woo almost died again he should really sign the deal and buy some good equipment soon well i already know whats gonna happen so no point in saying what i think

anyway sung jin woo is in danger
Feb 17, 10:13 AM
Apr 2012
There were quite a few changes, at least compared to the webtoon(haven't read the LN) but nothing that'll matter much in the long run probably. The biggest change was that he didn't struggle as much with the Cerberus in the webtoon(though he still had his armed chewed off), it basically ended right after using his full recovery.
I didn't mind it but I hope they don't try to scale up every fight onward cuz I feel it will be a bit too much in the long run and also a bit repetitive to have him survive by the skin of his teeth every time.
Feb 17, 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
another episode of peak

Episodes like this are great because they remind us that even though Jinwoo has come far, he’s still got a LONG way to go. That Cerberus fight was insane but we’ll get to that a little later.

After everything that went down the last couple episodes, it’s nice to see Jinwoo and his little sister having some quality time together. Bro went from getting teased by her to being the overprotective older brother. His levelling up has had some major changes on his personality.

Personally taking 30 billion won to do some raids sounds like a very easy decision, but after seeing how treacherous people in this industry can be, I understand why Jinwoo was skeptical. But 30 billion is 30 billion and like his sister said that would totally change their lives. Making things easier for his mother and sister. Idk if saying he’d take Jinwoo’s secret to the grave if he accepted really helped Jinho there… kinda implies you’d tell otherwise lol

Crazy seeing how easily Jinwoo can do double the training regimen now after struggling with the standard routine at the start. Getting those nice loot boxes is cool. That’s on top of the detoxification ability we learnt about. Being a player has some cool perks

Dongsoo’s brother revenge plot is interesting too. I wonder what he got going on that he would prioritise over his brother’s presumed killers? Also funny that he would assume two very low rank hunters were able to take out his brother.

Now onto the climax of the episode, the Cerberus fight was intense. As usual the Sawano OST only heightened the moment and made it even better. A-1 cook with the story boarding and direction during the fight and it definitely conveyed how difficult the fight was for Jinwoo. Getting his arm bit off and damn near chewed up by the Cerberus was wild. These fights are always so brutal. I wish he would’ve killed it a different way than the eye stab that we saw during the spider fight, but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, I guess lol

Smart move not to head off into the castle if you’re struggling with the guardian.. we’ve got a short term goal for Jinwoo to strive towards now. If that’s what’s on the outside, I can’t wait to see what enemies await inside.

Recap episode next week so nothing new till two weeks 😩
Marinate1016Feb 17, 11:37 AM
Feb 17, 10:14 AM

Sep 2017
Mishiia said:
@Softhenic03 in the manhwa, Jinwoon accept from jinho proposal right? Or I miss remembered?

He doesn't at that moment, but he will contact him later
Feb 17, 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
I'm glad that Jinwoo had the sense to not dive into that castle at his current level. Most power fantasies would've had Jinwoo head right in without caution so at least this show didn't do that. If the guard of a place nearly kills you multiple times its maybe not a good idea to try and conquer that place just yet. Jinwoo has a long way to climb if he wants get those items in the demon castle to create the elixir of life that could save his mom. Jinwoo is starting to garner attention after the incident last episode of him and Jinho being the only survivors of that dungeon where they got trapped. Both government officials and that guy whom tried to kill them brother are looking more closely at both guys. The brother is intending on killing them both for revenge but not until after his guild business so revenge must not be that important for him. Jinho has gotten nervous already asking for Jinwoo help in other raids. Its odd that Jinwoo won't help him conspiring Jinho is the only other person whom knows the truth so keeping him consoled and not wanting to blab is paramount for no one else finding out Jinwoo secret strength. Jinwoo needs friends to support him whether he wants to admit that or not.
Feb 17, 10:18 AM

Aug 2019
I wasn't planning on posting anything about this show, but I genuinely don't get the hype around it lol like yeah I guess the animation is pretty cool but idk I've been on the fence between dropping this or not since episode like 3 or 4, and I still am. Only reason I haven't yet is because this show got so hyped up so it must be really good... Right? Idk I might stick around to the end to see where it goes but it does feel just a little overrated at least to me
Feb 17, 10:22 AM
Nov 2020
The Anime is going away from Manga. I just hope they will not spoil the masterpiece.
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Alkimia
I wasn't planning on posting anything about this show, but I genuinely don't get the hype around it lol like yeah I guess the animation is pretty cool but idk I've been on the fence between dropping this or not since episode like 3 or 4, and I still am. Only reason I haven't yet is because this show got so hyped up so it must be really good... Right? Idk I might stick around to the end to see where it goes but it does feel just a little overrated at least to me
@Alkimia nah drop it since its a simple power fantasy story the hero will keep growing in power until no one can stop him anymore so thats it

if youre not enjoying it so far you will not enjoy it later on too
Feb 17, 10:33 AM
Apr 2022
Phew, that's pretty intense episode... god damn!
Feb 17, 10:35 AM

Sep 2023
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...
Feb 17, 10:37 AM

Feb 2008
Wow so great keep up the good work :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 17, 10:38 AM

Feb 2013
I thought I was watching SAO for a moment; bro is like Kirito but bloodier 💀
Feb 17, 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah definitely you have to praise A1 for creating this masterpiece adaptation.

The Cerberus fight was so unique though in the manhwa Jin-woo faced less difficulty than in the anime.This a change.Jin-woo also got the elixir of Life which can be used to cure his mother.

Jin-woo is not overconfident so he didn't try to clear the entire dungeon.

Jin-woo also got the Detoxification Effect,this will come handy against poisons.

Jinho makes an interesting offer to Jin-woo knowing Jin-woo's strength.Hwang Dongsoo - the brother of the Hunter is targeting both Jin-woo and Jinho.They should be prepared and careful.Overall, a pretty great episode.Eagerly waiting for the next one.

Feb 17, 10:43 AM

Sep 2023
I really enjoyed this episode. As others have mentioned, the animation is impressive. I like that there is room for world and character building along with the action.
Feb 17, 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
So if he does all the drugs in the world he just gets megabuffed???

It would be cool if he fought an eyeless Monster so we could get a different fight
Feb 17, 10:51 AM

Oct 2010
Every "new" thing manhwa readers spot comes from real original which is novel. So give producer some respect, thnx.
Feb 17, 10:54 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Alkimia
@Alkimia I will say overhype. Its still a good series, the constant action buildup and the main character development is what stands out. Other than that story is nothing ground breaking or deep. Concepts seen before already, irrelevant side characters and very shallow world building.
Feb 17, 10:54 AM

Oct 2020
Fantastic, it's finally getting on it.
Igris is close
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Feb 17, 10:55 AM

Jul 2012
Damn the animations were pretty good this week. Good episode and it was definitely fun to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 10:55 AM
Jun 2020
I loved the animation it's portray every scene so well I forgot the story so I will read it again
Feb 17, 10:58 AM
Apr 2021
OMGGGGGGGGG PEAK ASS ANIMATION DURING THE CERBERUS FIGHT😫😫😫😫😫😫😫🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Feb 17, 10:58 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Fun episode, level up!!!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 17, 10:59 AM
Dec 2020
The Dog was fucking cool
Feb 17, 11:01 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Alkimia said:

What is overrated about an 8.40 rating? It is there for a reason. If you don't like it you can watch other shows instead?
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 17, 11:13 AM

Aug 2019
@deg Yeah I think I may just end up dropping here in that case. I can't really say I've been enjoying the last few episodes as much as with other series.

@Gilgamesh216 Exactly! Like based on all the hype this show has been getting especially near the start I was expecting a bit more but yeah the story isn't anything groundbreaking or deep, imo it's mostly just pure action and things I've seen before in other places.
Feb 17, 11:15 AM
Feb 2024
His whole personality has taken a shift since killing those guys. It's completely understandable, it's actually being portrayed really well. It doesn't matter how bad they are, those things will weigh on you. He seems a little heavier of heart now (or maybe it's just the change of voice 😂), but l'm glad he was able to meet with Yoo Jinho, and that Yoo doesn't resent him for saving them.

Jinwoo easily outrunning his sister was kind of funny 😂. He really has been leveling up- he even held back for her in the beginning!
Though I guess doing his daily quests so he can avoid that punishment is all the workout motivation he needs

The fight scenes are so incredibly well done on this episode, it's seriously unbelievable. A-1 Pictures has seriously outdone itself this time, holy crap!! Jinwoo getting the crap beat out of him by that beast really went to show the viewer that while he's definitely much stronger now he can still be overwhelmingly overpowered. My compliments to the VA, he did a phenomenal job this episode!! The horror of watching him lose that teleportation stone was incredible!!!
Feb 17, 11:17 AM

Dec 2021
Daaang! A-1 nailed it. The sereberus fight was too short and underwhelming in the manhwa, but in the anime it felt like a real threat. Loved it
5/5.
Feb 17, 11:28 AM
Oct 2022
Solid episode.. not much going on in this one besides him doing what he pretty much does through the whole story.. Level up. Personally, while these type of mc’s are better than most the CONSTANT secrecy from loved ones (in this case his sister) drives me crazy. For those of you who haven’t noticed or picked up on it yet Jin is now a completely different person. Not to mention it’s happened literally overnight. Let’s face it, everything about him is different now from his looks, the way he talks, facial expressions etc.. it’s as if he was swapped out by someone else yet no one not even his family has noticed or said anything about it.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 99.999999999% of actual human beings would tell someone what is happening to them. This is a 24 year old.. barely an adult who’s been kicked around, looked down on, and made fun of for a very long time. He would be dying to tell someone. Any of us would. Why not tell his sister? She loves him deeply, would fight to protect both him and their mother and would definitely keep his secrets. Especially considering the new life he would provide them.. it just drives me nuts. It’s also different considering if someone did find out it’s not like he would be imprisoned or captured and experimented on. There are 50 million manga mc’s exactly like this (honestly most are even younger than him) but somehow it’s always secret secret secret.. lol. I’m just gossipy bit$& I can’t help it.. 😂
Feb 17, 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Noticed the animation dropping a few times; but thats just due to the fact that it has been really solid up to this point.

Some nice character and world building.

Epic fighting scene.
Feb 17, 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
Entering a new dungeon and already facing a boss level monster lol. One more bite and he would've been dog food.
Feb 17, 11:59 AM

May 2015
Poor Doggo got killed. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 17, 12:03 PM
Apr 2023
Damn, that fight scene with Cerberus was so sick. Thought he was going to have to port away and do a training montage or something, but the buffing poison was cool and set up really well with the beer earlier in the episode.

Also not sure if the S-rank guild leader who's after them now knows how much of a dick his brother was, but he seems kind of lame if so 😅
Feb 17, 12:35 PM

Nov 2020
Instead of getting ready, Mc goes straight to such a difficult dungeon and defeats the monster again by stabbing him in the eye with a dagger xD It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐
Feb 17, 12:38 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...
@LessThanAnimeFan he literally beat the spider the same way, it's kind of boring😒
Feb 17, 12:38 PM
Feb 2023
I would say the pacing actually is the best in this episode. No awkward transitions like last episode. Break next week which is a weird decision but cool if the animators get a break unlike another studio I will not name…

Like how the character development is going for Sung Jinwoo. Animation was good, felt off in last seconds but still good. Still a good episode overall. Looking forward to next half.
Feb 17, 12:41 PM
Jan 2024
Loved how gory episode was, jinwoo was clearly struggling.The buffs came in clutch.

Nov 2020
Reply to PettankoLover
So if he does all the drugs in the world he just gets megabuffed???

It would be cool if he fought an eyeless Monster so we could get a different fight
@PettankoLover haha literally, the only hope is the knight from the opening, maybe he can defeat him in a different way
Feb 2023
Ba-Cii10 said:
Instead of getting ready, Mc goes straight to such a difficult dungeon and defeats the monster again by stabbing him in the eye with a dagger xD It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐

They did in episode 3… Why are you not focusing but still saying wrong things? Finally, his weapon literally works on weak spots so stabbing it through the eye makes sense. Like god you haters don’t even know how to criticise. You never criticised overrated animes before huh. Plus this anime is alil bit overhyped but compared to animes that don’t deserve even hype, I atleast will accept it and I am against these stuff but god you haters need to actually touch grass.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» without the existence of manwha would it be the same?

Tamago006 - Jan 10

21 by shqip12 »»
Jun 20, 6:00 AM

» Solo Leveling DVD vol.3 sold 91 copies in its first week

18927 - Jun 15

28 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 20, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

402 by J2C »»
Jun 19, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

730 by Chrismokelky420 »»
Jun 19, 3:07 AM

» Season 2 Opening will TK(Ling Tosite Shigure) x Ayunda Risu

yesvirgi - Jun 15

10 by AltN »»
Jun 18, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.