Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 12:47 PM

Dec 2018
Brutal fight, idk if I'd taken that deal either...but he doesn't seem like a bad kid.
Feb 17, 12:51 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Confused_100
Ba-Cii10 said:
Instead of getting ready, Mc goes straight to such a difficult dungeon and defeats the monster again by stabbing him in the eye with a dagger xD It's a pity that MC's relationship with her mother is poorly developed... it practically doesn't exist, so I don't really care about the plot with this potion, they seriously could have give at least one flashback or something😐

They did in episode 3… Why are you not focusing but still saying wrong things? Finally, his weapon literally works on weak spots so stabbing it through the eye makes sense. Like god you haters don’t even know how to criticise. You never criticised overrated animes before huh. Plus this anime is alil bit overhyped but compared to animes that don’t deserve even hype, I atleast will accept it and I am against these stuff but god you haters need to actually touch grass.
@Confused_100 who said that poking in the eye is pointless? it's just boring, every boss fight has to end this way? in the third episode he also risked his life and he should learn that it is too dangerous, if he knows that thanks to the system he will become strong enough sooner or later, why rush? in this episode he was close to death and he didn't think that he would leave his mother and sister xD
Feb 17, 12:58 PM
Feb 2023
Ba-Cii10 said:
@Confused_100 who said that poking in the eye is pointless? it's just boring, every boss fight has to end this way? in the third episode he also risked his life and he should learn that it is too dangerous, if he knows that thanks to the system he will become strong enough sooner or later, why rush? in this episode he was close to death and he didn't think that he would leave his mother and sister xD

Because by logic if you see a potion that actually fixes every problem you have and you are overconfident from winning, what do you think will happen? This is to humble him. Finally it’s literally twice. The snake was using his grip, the gollum using a throw, the people by both poisoning them and cutting their head. You focused on one thing and ignored everything. Like I get criticism, I love it even. I do to even my favourite series but this is just giving the word a bad name. I would get if you say “pacing isn’t as good, the story feels generic, the side characters don’t get shine at all so far” anything I can understand.
Feb 17, 1:00 PM
Sep 2020
Yoooo, that was sickkk🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bro's evolving a lot really fast, but the challenges placed upon him are always even more difficult. He's actually fucked, it's a lot of problems to face.

The next episode is gonna be fire af tho 👀
Feb 17, 1:03 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ah, so Jin finally has a goal. Completing the Demon's Castle to get the ingredients to make the Elixir of Life. That fight with Cerberus was intense, I honestly thought he would back out of the dungeon because of the power difference. Some nice animation in that fight. I'm assuming that the younger brother is at least a Rank A Hunter, if not an S Rank.

I found it a little strange that only now realizes he has regeneration abilities. Felt like an awkward place to bring that up, should've been shown back at the hospital, but whatever.

Crunchyroll keeps using the line "trust fund kid" every single time the rich kid is on screen. So much so I'm cringing every time I read it.
Feb 17, 1:10 PM

Apr 2022
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.
Feb 17, 1:15 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to felixsifuri
So THIS DUDE struggled like a bitch in the last episode to defeat what, a mediocre boss? While previously known for being able to survive despite being weak because of how careful he was, now he gets a hall pass to fight a MUCH stronger beast and what he does is IMMEDIATELY GO IN without even a second thought. and then actually succeeds by stabbing the fucker in the eye a bunch of times?? Bro what, who wrote this? The pacing is all over the place.
@felixsifuri I heard from a friend who read the manhwa that its story and character development is really bad, but man, the pacing indeed is just tragic. The standards for anime must be low if it gets a 10/10 from people…
Feb 17, 1:15 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Confused_100
Ba-Cii10 said:

Because by logic if you see a potion that actually fixes every problem you have and you are overconfident from winning, what do you think will happen? This is to humble him. Finally it’s literally twice. The snake was using his grip, the gollum using a throw, the people by both poisoning them and cutting their head. You focused on one thing and ignored everything. Like I get criticism, I love it even. I do to even my favourite series but this is just giving the word a bad name. I would get if you say “pacing isn’t as good, the story feels generic, the side characters don’t get shine at all so far” anything I can understand.
@Confused_100 the potion will not solve this problem if MC dies xD the point is that he is constantly risking his life and doesn't think about the consequences, his motivation is his family and he doesn't wonder what will happen if he fails this time, he barely defeated the snake so he should learn that 50/50 success, I don't like it but if you don't see the problem, it's ok. You're right that he defeated the snake differently, but defeating the boss in the same way two episodes in a row is still disappointing.
Feb 17, 1:22 PM
Jul 2021
bro im speechless!!!!
Feb 17, 1:23 PM

Sep 2023
Confused_100 said:
They did in episode 3…

I'm curious what exactly they did? Showed that he's comleting daily quests to level up? I think @Ba-Cii10 meant buying equipment, maybe gaing some more levels before that, but nah, Jin-woo didn't even think about it.
Confused_100 said:
Finally, his weapon literally works on weak spots so stabbing it through the eye makes sense.

So? How is it supposed to justify that he killed cerberus by hitting only one eye, especially when he is in it's mouth being literally bitten in half (and ofc that wont kill him, but stabbing cerberus in eye is completely different matter)?
Feb 17, 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
omg their chins are actually becoming more sharp with each episode
Feb 17, 1:37 PM
Oct 2020
I can never stop appreciating how amazing the animation is.
Feb 17, 1:44 PM
Nov 2010
Intense fight. I feel like they could've emphasized how close he was to death SAO-style. Either with the health bar going down lower or just showing the Cerebus close to cutting him in half while he was stabbing the eye....
Feb 17, 1:44 PM
Aug 2018
The anime is your go-to example of „guilty pleasure”: its story is bad, it’s ridiculous at times and pacing is just chaotic, and your MC is a typical OP cliche edgelord, but you still watch it because it’s fun. We all need „Avengers” type of fun from time to time before we jump back to „Shawshank Redemption” quality. Can’f say I’m sorry, but man, these 10/10s…xD
Feb 17, 1:46 PM
Dec 2014
Height of Plot armour. Guy just beat a level S beast when he was having difficulty beating level C and D beasts. Nice.
Feb 17, 1:50 PM
Feb 2023
Ba-Cii10 said:
@Confused_100 the potion will not solve this problem if MC dies xD the point is that he is constantly risking his life and doesn't think about the consequences, his motivation is his family and he doesn't wonder what will happen if he fails this time, he barely defeated the snake so he should learn that 50/50 success, I don't like it but if you don't see the problem, it's ok. You're right that he defeated the snake differently, but defeating the boss in the same way two episodes in a row is still disappointing.

Again he was overconfident since he did win against C Ranks easily. But yeah I get your point abit eventhough it does sound weird
Feb 17, 1:52 PM
Feb 2023
LessThanAnimeFan said:
Confused_100 said:
They did in episode 3…

I'm curious what exactly they did? Showed that he's comleting daily quests to level up? I think @Ba-Cii10 meant buying equipment, maybe gaing some more levels before that, but nah, Jin-woo didn't even think about it.
Confused_100 said:
Finally, his weapon literally works on weak spots so stabbing it through the eye makes sense.

So? How is it supposed to justify that he killed cerberus by hitting only one eye, especially when he is in it's mouth being literally bitten in half (and ofc that wont kill him, but stabbing cerberus in eye is completely different matter)?

Poison effect? Bleed effect? You don’t play RPG games? Those two effects are known to be one of the most OP effects in gaming. Look at Elden Ring, play with a bleed build and the game becomes super easy. Same concept goes here. I do get that fight ended abruptly which is my criticism but the way it lost? Nah I get why it died fast.
Feb 17, 2:16 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Confused_100
LessThanAnimeFan said:
Confused_100 said:
They did in episode 3…

Confused_100 said:

Poison effect? Bleed effect? You don’t play RPG games? Those two effects are known to be one of the most OP effects in gaming. Look at Elden Ring, play with a bleed build and the game becomes super easy. Same concept goes here. I do get that fight ended abruptly which is my criticism but the way it lost? Nah I get why it died fast.
@Confused_100
I get it, but to see those effects work THAT fast... Maybe I missed smth but it was cancelling every debuff that his dagger applies.
As I recall the snake was somehing aroung C-rank, so I doubt a C-rank dagger can damage that much to mob like this.
Feb 17, 2:19 PM
Feb 2023
He hit it in the eyeballs, the bleeding effect is shown by the rain even. It’s a C Rank weapon, yeah but its effects are busted. That’s why I don’t have a problem with how he beat it, my problem would be with howit ended fast, it needed more time and fighting atleast.
Feb 17, 2:36 PM
Jan 2009
I have to agree with many others here, this feels like they're being inconsistent in order to rush Jin Woo's development, rather than following a plot/progression curve which makes sense within the universe they purport to be building. They set up an anime world full of ranks and stats, hyper focus on them much of the time...and then completely ignore them in favor of plot armor when they want to just skip a few levels. It feels very wasted to me. This anime would be much better if they took the time to have Jin Woo properly level up. He just beat a C-level boss. It should have taken 3-4 episodes at least to get to beating an B-Level boss. S level is tippy top...it should have been a season finale level event to beat such a boss, and taking a major step towards curing his mom would similarly be a season-finale level reward. Instead they're rushing right at the start, and...why? We're all enjoying the show, right? We'd all enjoy watching Jin-Woo go through the growth/leveling process, building his stats, learning about the game-system, picking buffs and getting gear, working towards being able to defeat something like Cerberus, rather than just instantly being able to do so with such minimal build-up and payoff. This is supposed to be a show about abusing game mechanics, right? The anime is LITERALLY about leveling up! So why are they skipping so much of that?

Again, such a waste. This anime is still entertaining, but it could be so much better if they let it live up to its own potential.
Feb 17, 2:48 PM

Aug 2022
It's only episode 7, and our MC has already leveled up enough to defeat a mini-boss in an S-ranked dungeon... I wonder what rank he will achieve by the end of the series!? Probably something like 'God-rank' 😂 and maybe he'll then become God himself 😂. Anyway, I'm only worried that the D-rank wealthy boy can escape getting killed while the MC is still in the dungeon, though... the tank's brother looks really strong and nasty >.<
Feb 17, 3:14 PM

Jul 2022
Jin-Woo is under the scrutiny of the Hunter's Guild since it is highly unusual for a Rank E Hunter to survive a Rank C dungeon. Jin-Ho meets with Jin-Woo to propose creating a guild and expanding his father's company, but Jin-Woo rejects the idea as it doesn't seem profitable to him. On another front, Dong-Su, the brother of one of the Hunters who tried to kill Jin-Woo, is seeking revenge for his brother's murder. I can't wait to see how Jin-Woo handles this.

Jin-Woo obtains an S-rank difficulty key by completing double the daily system missions, and within this dungeon key lies the Elixir of Life, which Jin-Woo finds useful to cure his ailing mother.

The showdown against Cerberus was spectacular, and I was on edge for Jin-Woo's life. The accompanying soundtrack added to the intensity of the moment.

An excellent episode, Jin-Woo shines.
Feb 17, 3:16 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to 833M0L3
Mishiia said:
@Softhenic03 in the manhwa, Jinwoon accept from jinho proposal right? Or I miss remembered?

He doesn't at that moment, but he will contact him later
@833M0L3 ohh, so I miss remembered. The Animation make Jinwoo looks scary.
Feb 17, 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
Brother dies in a dungeon, immediate assumption, someone far less powerful than him murdered him.

That's dumb.

Dude gets key to what he assumes is an S-Rank dungeon... immediately uses it with no preparation.

That's super extra special dumb.

This show is utter trash.
Feb 17, 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to yngtadpole
Intense fight. I feel like they could've emphasized how close he was to death SAO-style. Either with the health bar going down lower or just showing the Cerebus close to cutting him in half while he was stabbing the eye....
@yngtadpole He was missing an arm, he was basically bitten in half, he'd lost several times more blood than a human body even has...

They didn't just show him close to death, they showed he had taken enough damage to kill him 5x over.

The animation is retarded.
Feb 17, 3:39 PM

Sep 2023
Jin-Woo went straight to an S-rank dungeon, winning that C-rank dungeon really made him overconfident! He is lucky he did not die after loosing that TP stone…
Feb 17, 3:39 PM

May 2016
You forget the smaller fights like cerebas. Glad A1 isn’t skipping them. Animation pretty 🔥
Feb 17, 3:48 PM
May 2022
hells gate keeper looked amazing & the fight was EPIC..........
Feb 17, 3:57 PM
Aug 2020
Impossible for me to not enjoy this bloody episode 🥵🥵🥵
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 17, 4:02 PM
Apr 2019
this battle was INTENSE, if Jinwoo didnt have plot armor he def would've died
Feb 17, 4:05 PM
May 2017
I liked the small foreshadowing about the poison, but the fight against cerberus was ASS. So he defeated it by stabbing its eye out? BS. I was hoping it would only take out one head.
Feb 17, 4:06 PM
Apr 2022
after he defeats C ranked spider, he goes straight into S dungeon while carrying just a stone as a backup plan, pro gamer move
Feb 17, 4:25 PM
Jul 2020
Alkimia said:
@deg Yeah I think I may just end up dropping here in that case. I can't really say I've been enjoying the last few episodes as much as with other series.

@Gilgamesh216 Exactly! Like based on all the hype this show has been getting especially near the start I was expecting a bit more but yeah the story isn't anything groundbreaking or deep, imo it's mostly just pure action and things I've seen before in other places.

They keep changing main parts of how the story plays out and it starting to feel meh on the character building. Why in the last two big boss fights has he just become stab the eye and get it done? I feel like they have dumbed the character down and made it seem like he barely survives anything he fights instead of being collected in his thoughts before he risks his life.
Feb 17, 4:37 PM

Oct 2016
Amazing animation as always. (8/10)
Feb 17, 4:50 PM
May 2023
LessThanAnimeFan said:
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...

You forgot the ability his dagger has. The paralysis / poison effect didn't work at first, but after the Cerberus's rage effect cooled off, it left it prone to his dagger's effect
Feb 17, 4:54 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Cwush
LessThanAnimeFan said:
Ofc cerberus would fall after taking only a few hits in his one of six eyes...

You forgot the ability his dagger has. The paralysis / poison effect didn't work at first, but after the Cerberus's rage effect cooled off, it left it prone to his dagger's effect
@Cwush
Rage effect only gave additional power, not immunity, at least that's how Jin-woo said. But, yeah, probably just a mistake and Rage gives immunity buff too.
Feb 17, 4:59 PM
Jul 2022
Softhenic03 said:
Well, Jinho being the super rich kid he is, of course he’d try to get Jinwoo on his side, but knowing the benefits he gets from the system, that’s just not a profitable deal for Jinwoo. But trust me, their relationship is there to stay, so rest assured that meeting ain’t gonna sour the mood going forward. As for consequences of whatever Jinwoo did to those thugs last episode, the younger brother of that dumb af big brother will come to take his revenge.

Will see that in due time, but for now, it’s the usual grinding, with him exploring the dungeons and such, except when he actually did get in trouble against that three faced wolf sort of, I mean he had a genuine reason to clear the dungeon this time around, so of course he’d not let go of this opportunity this easy.

Plenty of blood raining this episode, but despite facing the difficulties of like let’s say, lower hp or something, Jinwoo did actually beat the main boss, the cerberus, and hey he got that ELIXIR OF LIFE. We know how he's gonna use that anyway.

Be it a moving episode, but the standards haven't quite seen a low yet. Great job.

Don't spoil ffs, that shit is scummy af.
Feb 17, 5:01 PM

Apr 2022
so the brother is voiced by junichi suwabe i.e sukuna's voice actor huh.
Feb 17, 5:20 PM

Feb 2019
that was one epic battle, i don't see the dead hunter's bad ass bro beating MC that easily since he took down a freaking Cerberus lol
Feb 17, 5:39 PM
Dec 2023
This episode is not good. Everything is so generic and cringe.
Feb 17, 5:43 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode is a weird case of how they adapted more than I thought they would without adapting really all that much content.
Feb 17, 5:50 PM

Nov 2023
Just another good episode; it's been consistent.
Feb 17, 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
After watching Shangri-La Frontier's latest episode, the way this show handles RPG mechanics is simply laughable. Well, at least the fight against Cerberus looked cool.

And also what happened to the always-careful/think-before-act MC from episode 1-2? Fighting a S-Rank Boss without a plan and without making preparations beforehand? What kind of character regression is this?
Feb 17, 6:01 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Gilgamesh216
@Alkimia I will say overhype. Its still a good series, the constant action buildup and the main character development is what stands out. Other than that story is nothing ground breaking or deep. Concepts seen before already, irrelevant side characters and very shallow world building.
@Gilgamesh216 solo leveling is not known for its story, it's known for it's action, art and good mc. Story might be generic but it was trendsetter for lot of dungeon & leveling manhwa. Solo leveling has it's weak points but if they do 24 episodes it will reach the hype. If split cours then it might end up like 86 &
csm not living to the hype because real story starts after that.
Feb 17, 6:04 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Icceman
@felixsifuri I heard from a friend who read the manhwa that its story and character development is really bad, but man, the pacing indeed is just tragic. The standards for anime must be low if it gets a 10/10 from people…
@Icceman

Its an enjoyable ride. It is purely there for the fighting.
Feb 17, 6:08 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Back to back episodes that were just near perfect adaptations from the manhwa 💯 the Cerberus fight was fantastic and it looked so good being animated 😄 I seriously cannot wait for some further episodes to be released and see how A-1 adapt those, because if they are anything like they are in the manhwa it’ll be INSANE 😩
Feb 17, 6:22 PM
Apr 2023
he fought the stat check boss
Feb 17, 6:39 PM
Apr 2023
So far loving it but I’m hoping there’s going to be a season 2 becuase this is only a 12 eps 😔
Feb 17, 6:44 PM
Jan 2017
perfect best anime 2024
Feb 17, 6:56 PM

Aug 2019
I saw that a lot of people didn't understand why SJW went inside the dungeon or how did he beat the first monster. So to clear up some misconceptions:
- In the manhwa he accepts Jin-Ho's proposal. This means he's going to have to clear C rank dungeons on his own. For this to work he has to gauge his current strength and level up more. He also wants to exceed the expectations of the system.
- Cerberus is an A rank monster. SJW's title gives him 40% buff against beast type enemies. This buff didn't work against the snake and spider boss. Originally he gets the 20% damage reduction before the fight.
- It's only presumed the dungeons is an S rank because of the rarity of the key that opens it. He doesn't have a device to actually measure the dungeon's rank.
- Rank of a dungeon means the magical energy it emits. For example an S rank gate could mean 1 S rank boss, or a million E rank thrash mobs inside the dungeon.
- Dungeons usually get tougher the further you go in. So it's pretty standard for hunters to see how far they can go. It's very rare for the first monster to be something that you can't handle.
- So far the system has only thrown stuff at him that he could handle. It constantly tries to keep him alive so it's logical to think from SJW's point of view that this dungeon is something that he could tackle.
- He doesn't have any other options to level up right now. As an E rank he can't participate in high level raids. And he can't reevaluate his rank because that would draw too much attention and would put his family in danger. This instance dungeon is his only chance to level up.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

399 by satyrelfheim »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

304 by satyrelfheim »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

168 by satyrelfheim »»
10 hours ago

» Solo Leveling DVD vol.3 sold 91 copies in its first week

18927 - Jun 15

26 by iluvbackwoodz »»
Yesterday, 10:43 AM

» Season 2 Opening will TK(Ling Tosite Shigure) x Ayunda Risu

yesvirgi - Jun 15

9 by ToufiqHassan »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.