Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 12:08 PM
Jan 2024
I never read the manwha or manga from this anime.
but people hyped the sh*t out of the webtoon and said anime will be amazing..
yeah sure .. generic 0815 isekai but no isekai cause he is a player in the real world
to be honest it gives me danmanchi vibes..
now he will rank up, up stats to over 9999 and one shot everything
side characters getting appeal to , hes getting hot like every mc in a isekai cause str makes you more muscles
i dont know..
am i to harsh to this anime or i just watched to many animes to say its so often the same build up and loop in such anime dungeon crawler isekai level up story things

sorry for this english
Jan 20, 12:17 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Enkooo
I never read the manwha or manga from this anime.
but people hyped the sh*t out of the webtoon and said anime will be amazing..
yeah sure .. generic 0815 isekai but no isekai cause he is a player in the real world
to be honest it gives me danmanchi vibes..
now he will rank up, up stats to over 9999 and one shot everything
side characters getting appeal to , hes getting hot like every mc in a isekai cause str makes you more muscles
i dont know..
am i to harsh to this anime or i just watched to many animes to say its so often the same build up and loop in such anime dungeon crawler isekai level up story things

sorry for this english
@Enkooo People are hyping up the series not because of its story but for its characters especially Sung Jin-Woo.
Jan 20, 12:19 PM

Nov 2020
People complain that it's typical power fantasy blah blah, I like it, you can see that the world is alive, what would happen if all this shit related to guilds and dungeons appeared in our world, corporations making a business out of it and on TV instead of the weather there is a warning about open portals. I also like how the MC is detached from the others, he plays a game and it is more realistic for the rest.
Jan 20, 12:20 PM

Sep 2020
Great episode. Love the anime original scenes and the overall vibe of this episode. It feels more dark and dramatic compare to the Manhwa.
Jan 20, 12:32 PM
Aug 2023
absolute peak of an episode
Jan 20, 12:36 PM
Jan 2024
Loving the concept of this!
Jan 20, 12:50 PM
Jun 2020
isme vau bhau smjh aya jo manwha mei nhi samajh aya tha

I feel the courage and neccestity that I was not able to read in manwha the animation convey the feeling very well.
Jan 20, 12:51 PM
May 2020
this ep was mediocre
Jan 20, 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
every episode a cliffhanger. going to wait till season is done and binge it :p
Jan 20, 1:10 PM

Jul 2022
The animation is nice but I gotta side with the pacing detractors - it's great to see it in motion, but it does feel disjunct at the end of episode 3 - cliffhangers at every episode. I can only hope that by the end of this first season of 12 episodes that we are rewarded with an awesome resolution and that it'll be nice to sit down and watch all 12 at a time. The weekly disbursements are like ordering a meal and only being able to eat like a few bites before the plate is whisked away by helpful and friendly serving staff.

Outside of the pacing criticisms, I love it. It's novel having the Korean names with the Japanese VA, and the story works (it's just oddly disjunct with the standard episodic structure). Hope it runs for four seasons, at least.
Jan 20, 1:10 PM

Jul 2022
it's finally starting for reallll
Jan 20, 1:13 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting turn of event. I expect him to get better equipment next episode
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 20, 1:19 PM
Feb 2021
MASTERPİECE İ CANT WAİT 7 DAYS TO SEE ANOTHER EPİSODE
Jan 20, 1:25 PM

Sep 2020
First time noticed the ED. It's quite good, I must say
Jan 20, 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Oh those cheeky bastards! That was one helluva cliffhanger.
Jan 20, 1:29 PM
Jun 2020
We finally getting into the meat and potatoes of solo leveling let’s get it
Jan 20, 1:51 PM
Feb 2023
respect the grind lol
Jan 20, 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
Once again some very nice pacing.

Really nice animation too.

The power and level scaling is rising exponentially already.
Jan 20, 2:05 PM

Jun 2023
Alr, so Jin-Wo got kinda revived?? He's playing sth like a game rn where he can level up his real life skills by doing tasks?

Anyway, he is already stronger now, defeating these goblins. Will sure be epic when he gets stronger and stronger-

I thought healer girl was no longer mentally able to fight, but is asked again. Nice of her to look after Jin-Wo.

Still, I want to see Cha in action now, she'll probably be the main waifu of the series?

And good luck jin-wo to survive this dungeon in another dimension-
Jan 20, 2:19 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Limi
Once again some very nice pacing.

Really nice animation too.

The power and level scaling is rising exponentially already.
@Limi

What the ?! The pace is terrible.
Yeah, Solo Leveling, THE MANHWA, is a 10/10. At the pace this season is going it won't even dip a pinky into that score tho. It will be surprising if it gets awesomesauce enough to warrant a 8/10 rating.
Jan 20, 2:19 PM

May 2021
Man I really love the animations, its so good. Looking forward for more.
Jan 20, 2:24 PM

Feb 2019
after a slow start, things picked up & got more interesting in this third episode. now he's getting some much-needed battles to increase his stats. i wonder who that girl is that is friends with his sister.
Jan 20, 2:27 PM
Jul 2021
good development to the plot
Jan 20, 2:30 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
after a slow start, things picked up & got more interesting in this third episode. now he's getting some much-needed battles to increase his stats. i wonder who that girl is that is friends with his sister.
@LeenPhoenixRae

She was shown in an earlier episode among the people who got their hunter/awakener powers measured.
Jan 20, 2:42 PM
Jan 2022
give me more
give me more
give me more
give me more
give me more
I need more
I need more
I need more
I need more
I need more
Jan 20, 2:44 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to ZXEAN
@Enkooo People are hyping up the series not because of its story but for its characters especially Sung Jin-Woo.
@ZXEAN The characters were as ass as the story. The main hype of the manhwa was mostly just because of the art. That's literally what I heard nonstop from friends and even people from online in forums when I first got into reading Solo Leveling. It's just a boring standard Korean power fantasy series with art that looked solid for a manhwa for its time.
Jan 20, 2:48 PM

May 2010
Reply to BlueSnow93
Ugh, the pace is killing me. At this rate we'll barely see shit this season and god knows when we'll get a 2nd season. They should've crammed these 3 eps into 1.
Too much running time is wasted on idle stuff and procrastination, Less idle time, procrastination and other characters focus/introduction and BAM, better pace.

Also, i totally forgot what an annoying retarded wuss the MC was at the beginning. He's insufferable. And who ignores a penalty after experiencing such a brutal event ? Serves you right Jinwuss !!
@BlueSnow93 agree, the mc is tarded. Besides missing the penalty warning like a dumbass, first thing he does is go for a mysterious solo dungeon run without even knowing his new strenght.

P.s.
This site is so damn slow and buggy.
AapjuhJan 20, 2:54 PM
Jan 20, 2:49 PM

Nov 2023
Well, Jinwoo's alive and now started grinding, starting with the daily exercise quest and now the instance dungeon.

Honestly, the first two episodes should've combined into one as this episode marks the actually start of the show.
Jan 20, 2:50 PM
Mar 2023
Zaxphred said:
well the grind has begun honestly this is the boring part of solo leveling but after the grind things fire up
wonder how long will they make this season probably to jeju island arc since they showed it in the first episode

That was the first failed jeju island raid 3 years ago
Jan 20, 2:51 PM

Apr 2011
He ran a marathon in a desert? Yeah, right.
Jan 20, 3:00 PM

Dec 2015
Hmmm I get what Leveling stands for now, I suppose Solo as he's the only person with such "Blessing" etc, With RPG body progress, which he doesn't know that much well not everyone are into games so hard to blame him on that.

And bruh the Saitama daily training, I am waiting for Sung to lose his hair, start wearing yellow suit with red cape with announcment that it is a prologue to One Punch Man universe, I know it ain't happening but that would be funny.

Yellow HUD for Goblins as in games I suppose they are of similar/equal "Level" as Sung, which is why he handled them despite the struggles of not being experience, while Lycan is red so it is of higher level/danger zone, I wonder if he's gonna be able to defeat the Boss in that case, I guess next week will give me the answer.
Jan 20, 3:00 PM
Jan 2024
a typical "gain new power to become op" scenario appeared this ep + some minor characters appearing that probably won't have much of an impact to the story
Jan 20, 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
In retrospection from 4 yrs ago, was little sister in the same uniform? :o how many classes is she repeating
Jan 20, 3:22 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to BlueSnow93
@LeenPhoenixRae

She was shown in an earlier episode among the people who got their hunter/awakener powers measured.
@BlueSnow93 i remember her being in the same class with his sister, and she made a crack about him being an E-rank.
Jan 20, 3:45 PM
Feb 2023
MangagnaM said:
@ZXEAN The characters were as ass as the story. The main hype of the manhwa was mostly just because of the art. That's literally what I heard nonstop from friends and even people from online in forums when I first got into reading Solo Leveling. It's just a boring standard Korean power fantasy series with art that looked solid for a manhwa for its time.

Dude stop with the hate, if you don’t like it go away. Like even I criticised this episode but yours is just not criticism but is just blatant hate. It’s not for you, so stop it. People love it because it’s a power fantasy done right, again if you don’t like it, go away.

God these bait comments are getting annoying. Let the people enjoy it. Criticise is cool, hate is not.
Jan 20, 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
Random question but is the text actually in english or was it edited for the english release?

Pacing seems a bit slow, animation during the goblin fight was weirdly bad for a while.

The only other manwha I read for a while was Omniscient Reader and this seems almost like a copy in so many ways. I mean sure anime is pretty similar but even generic isekai has some variety to it. Is this "game mechanics while in real life" the korean thing?
Comander-07Jan 20, 4:01 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 20, 3:51 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to felixsifuri
It's unfortunate how short each episode is and how it ALWAYS ends on a cliffhanger. Have some mercy ffs
@felixsifuri yeah ikr ㅠㅠ
Jan 20, 3:58 PM
Mar 2015
Where wolf? There wolf Level up young ranker His mom has gone to her Final Rest
Jan 20, 4:03 PM

Nov 2020
hmmmm , it was good except that they didn't end the ep in the prefect moment
Jan 20, 4:04 PM

Apr 2016
An other boring episode.

So what's the difference with the typical shounen where characters train and chose to develop a specific ability?
Except that "it's like a video game".

Yeah, well, I play video games/J-RPGs myself, and the level grinding concept in those games is literally a video game adaptation of shounen training... so... what's the point to make an anime about that, to include stats and all...?
All it does, is making the training feeling less organic.

That was such a drag to watch, and yet an other pseudo-cliffhanger, oooh I can't wait, I can't help but thinking of the millions theories about what's going to happen against that Lycan thing
Jan 20, 4:04 PM

Oct 2022
Comander-07 said:
Random question but is the text actually in english or was it edited for the english release?

Yea I noticed this too. This might be because this is the international version. Quite convenient for people who speak English because we have to read words quickly. The JP version might be in Japanese, same for Korean

Jan 20, 4:05 PM

Jul 2016
I already read the whole manhwa but i'm still struggling to not watch these the first day they come out LOL
Jan 20, 4:07 PM

Jan 2022
This episode flew by! I'm enjoying this a lot so far. Poor Lee Joohee has to go through some extensive therapy. Amazing that Jinwoo didn't experience any causalities. How did he not even level up? That sucks so much but again at least he didn't lose his leg lmao I guess trusting the gos paid off considering that he's leveling up with the training. That was a severe penalty, especially because he's in the desert with no water, but am I surprised that he survived? No, unfortunately not. I'm impressed he was able to kill 4 globins by himself considering he almost died trying to kill one before this.

On a side note, what is going on with MAL today? Its been so buggy and it keeps saying error when I post my forum comments. And it seems like there's been a lot of reposted comments probably due to the same issue.
cooldogmomJan 20, 4:13 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 20, 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to HyroSan
Comander-07 said:

Yea I noticed this too. This might be because this is the international version. Quite convenient for people who speak English because we have to read words quickly. The JP version might be in Japanese, same for Korean
@HyroSan I read the japanese release is also changing names, I wonder if they actually bother to redub everything and why we get an "international" version instead of just subbing the japanese anime.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 20, 4:14 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
@BlueSnow93 i remember her being in the same class with his sister, and she made a crack about him being an E-rank.
@LeenPhoenixRae
Duh, that too. Still, i stand corrected.
Jan 20, 4:46 PM
Feb 2023
Radical_Orion said:
An other boring episode.

So what's the difference with the typical shounen where characters train and chose to develop a specific ability?
Except that "it's like a video game".

Yeah, well, I play video games/J-RPGs myself, and the level grinding concept in those games is literally a video game adaptation of shounen training... so... what's the point to make an anime about that, to include stats and all...?
All it does, is making the training feeling less organic.

That was such a drag to watch, and yet an other pseudo-cliffhanger, oooh I can't wait, I can't help but thinking of the millions theories about what's going to happen against that Lycan thing

Please don’t watch it
Jan 20, 4:48 PM
Jun 2017
Reply to HyroSan
Comander-07 said:

@HyroSan The Japanese version also uses English. I've seen complaints about this on JP twitter.
Jan 20, 4:51 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Comander-07
@HyroSan I read the japanese release is also changing names, I wonder if they actually bother to redub everything and why we get an "international" version instead of just subbing the japanese anime.
@Comander-07 it's obvious. People there are more fans outside of Japan so they're going to focus on us with the original version and let JP version be Japan

Jan 20, 4:52 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to tuyetthan8x
@HyroSan The Japanese version also uses English. I've seen complaints about this on JP twitter.
@tuyetthan8x Finally, JP complains about language barriers (like us)

Jan 20, 5:00 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to MangagnaM
@MangagnaM Still doesn't change the fact that SL characters are top tier and it's a Power fantasy done right. If you don't like it no need to force yourself to watch it.
ZXEANJan 20, 5:08 PM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

441 by NixonSixon »»
Sep 23, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Which k-pop artist do you want to do the op for the next season.

Hickykissy - Sep 16

16 by H-Callahan_XXII »»
Sep 23, 12:27 PM

» Is it available on Netflix?

Hickykissy - Sep 20

14 by MadanielFL »»
Sep 23, 9:08 AM

» Jeju Island is already been animated.

Hickykissy - Sep 17

7 by Philadelphia07 »»
Sep 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » 【Lyric Video】 『4eVR』 Hiroyuki SAWANO feat. Benjamin&mpi, Laco from 『Ore dake Level Up na Ken』

LittleStar - Sep 16

4 by deg »»
Sep 16, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.