Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2022 9:26 AM
Sep 2022
Didn't know why Fujimoto killed her off so early :((

Nov 2013
@Jeck093
I speak the expert in animation and cgi I want to see your doctorate 10-year-old boy and do your homework help do what you do at home

Is that supposed to be English?
Nov 2019
xacier2006 said:
anduong16 said:
CGI too much. Never come close to KNY.

Fr KNY is the best anime ever made and have the best animation of all time
Grow up kid and start watching anime for real. DS is not even Top 100 of all time.
Nov 29, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2020
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
curse devil looks so ugly lmaooo... it's over cgisaw man. this is what csm fans hyping for like ages? lmaooo... that gun shot was still great tho, rest was meh.cgi completely ruined this episode

ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!! ugly cgi!!
I swear, most people who complain about CGI are actual toddlers. this is why I hate when an anime gets too popular, because of people like this.
Nov 29, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
Joel77 said:
I think anime onlies will get a taste of what CSM's actually gonna be like after watching this episode. And yeah starting from the
CSM's gonna be breaking the internet.
damn jesus stop this break the internet shit.anime community is too small to "break the internet". The only show that managed was aot s4 p1 and few episodes of demon slayer and aot s4p2.
Well for now we can't say anything yet bro. CSM's a super popular show out there and compared to when Aot and Kny were airing, the anime community has only grown larger. But yeah I think by saying that it would be breaking the internet I was exagerating a bit, my bad.
Aug 2021
I found a lot of arrogant people here today that crazy about CGI things..
Dude, stop it.. just watch and enjoy it, it's not like you invest any penny for the show anw
Come on, aren't you guys tired complain about CGI all the time on every episode discussion, a lame way to gain attention
Jan 2022
MAN HIMENO'S DIED SO QUICK not cool
Jun 2021
true shonen fights
Nov 29, 2022 9:31 AM
Jul 2020
one of the best if not the best adaptation of all time and that's for suuure
Dec 2020
What a banger, god damn
Jun 2022
Ohohohohohoho...... that was a nice episode :D
Nov 29, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 2022
Didn't know why Fujimoto killed her off so early :((
Nov 29, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2019
Yeah, I'm gonna avoid this forum for a while for my own sanity.
Aug 2021
?????????????????

Faz tanto tempo que não vejo uma história boa assim.

Perfeito.
Feb 2020
It left me shaking....

Apr 2022
I wasn't sure, what the hype was about before... now I know! This episode was fckn amazing
Nov 29, 2022 9:34 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep!! Fckn ppl complaining about the CGI again!! Love the ending song tho!!
Nov 29, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 2015
Elucid said:
Yeah, I'm gonna avoid this forum for a while for my own sanity.

Yeah the amount of hatebots ive seen in this thread alone

i will now proceed to laugh.
Nov 29, 2022 9:35 AM
Feb 2021
It was a very good episode
Sep 2019
Well now I'm sad, but also very curious how Makima and Denji survived

Dec 2020
Himeno i will missing her i like her as a character, that must be hard for Aki and wow what happened with makima and co.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 29, 2022 9:36 AM
Aug 2022
The whole episode was the definition of what the f*ck.

Like denji and makima gets shot. Himeno dies for no reason by a toddler. A fricking blade devil appears who literally one shots denji like wtf.

Ngl but few moments of this episode (aki vs blade devil scene) felt totally like fan animation so I'm a bit disapointed.

Overall, I have mixed feelings.
Nov 29, 2022 9:36 AM
Feb 2020
Easily the best episode yet. Even without the bias I have of being a manga reader I can say this cemented csm as a 10/10 to me.
Nov 29, 2022 9:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Here's where the story really starts. They did well, but the CGI is a bit underwhelming considering the hype and the budget they could have used. Do studios not get the memo of cgi being bad for positive narratives about their shows?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 29, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2022
This chapter blew me away...

I don't know why but I feel that in this chapter the animation was very fluid which gives it a point

I love how this chapter was directed so that there was a lot of suspense and memories towards Himeno for what would happen moments later.

The appearance of Katana-Man was the best, giving us a great fight against Aki, who used his Katana himself, but even with this, he could not kill him and Himeno had to sacrifice herself to not be able to kill him in the same way.

And we can not forget the scenes of Himeno and Denji that keep someone attentive to what is going to happen

Without a doubt, this chapter is my favorite to date and without forgetting the "death" of Makima and Company

10/10 another chapter masterpiece
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Nov 29, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
RIP Himeno one of the best girl is down
Level 6 esper

May 2021
what? Its so crazy omg.
What is Happening?
but its so good, i like the animation, the fight scenes, the music.
gogogo
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Mar 2020
Definitely the most impactful episode so far, with real consequences this time. Very cinematic, and while there was some noticeable CGI, the fight was still quite solid. With how much Himeno was in the last few episodes, I couldn't help but think she wouldn't have a good ending, but at least it seems she protected who she cared about most.

This felt like the turning point of the series, and it might be at this point that CSM starts, for real. In terms of the ED this week, TK's ED definitely fit, and it isn't my favourite, but it was truly, the first death.
Nov 29, 2022 9:39 AM
Aug 2022
Pre_Yum said:
my goodness... this episode was so fricking good. The direction was immaculate from Gosso. I was very scared and amazed at the same time. They didn't hold back at all. Himeno, my beloved. I'll miss you forever. Seeing that moment with that OST was too painful. Katana Man was too powerful and then the snake girl, Akane arrived.

Nothing more to say... but this is where everything starts to shift in Chainsaw Man. Kensuke Ushio is a legend. A very beautiful episode. And, a sad one at that. The ending once again was amazing with beautiful visuals and TK vocals.

RIP Himeno. T__T
Man how the hell did you give a review 2 hours ago if there has been only 40 mins since the episode aired??
Sep 2021
lilyxxwise said:
I found a lot of arrogant people here today that crazy about CGI things..
Dude, stop it.. just watch and enjoy it, it's not like you invest any penny for the show anw
Come on, aren't you guys tired complain about CGI all the time on every episode discussion, a lame way to gain attention
what this guy said, that whole second half was pure insanity and thats exactly how the manga was so there is literally no reason to complain about it.

Jul 2017
Holy shit. This episode was a disaster, an emotional one. Loved the direction, animation, basically everything.

Nov 29, 2022 9:40 AM
Oct 2022
the best episode to this day was insane
Jan 2021
DaOnePieceIsReal said:
curse devil looks so ugly lmaooo... it's over cgisaw man. this is what csm fans hyping for like ages? lmaooo... that gun shot was still great tho, rest was meh.cgi completely ruined this episode

ah yes, this bot fucker is here again. i was waiting fro u to take a dump here once again. u do realise that all u r doing is making yourself look like a clown ryt? if not, then bro i don't think u should watch the episodes. i don't get why u watch every episode that comes out and crap on all csm forums when u hate the show this much. just drop it the fuck off and shut up. the animation here was better than the animation one piece had i it's 1 million episodes combined and yet u r such a big op fanboy.

Jun 2016
oh my god !!

i kinda feel watching a movie !!!

cant wait denji outcontrolled his power and devour everything in few episodes !!
Nov 29, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2016
great episode on this one. pretty well adapted for what the manga portrayed as an abrupt tragedy. decent animation, great sound effects, and awesome OST. nice touch having TK for the ED as well.
Jan 2017
What a godly episode, felt anxious with everything that happened in the second half and I'm seeing comments of CGI on here which I didn't even notice

Oct 2020
breathtaking episode

Jun 2014
Between the CGI Ghost and Snake Devils there was a whole minute and a half of CGI out of a 24 minute episode and some people are crying about it as if that ruined the entire experience. Yall really are just complaining just to complain at this point 💀🤣🤣
thebrentinator24Nov 29, 2022 9:48 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 2021
jaunis said:
DaOnePieceIsReal said:

I swear, most people who complain about CGI are actual toddlers. this is why I hate when an anime gets too popular, because of people like this.

that guy you were replying to was obvious troll though, he complain about cgi and "midsaw" or whatever he wants to insult the anime. ignore him, hes too busy with his right hand to one piece filler episodes

but i get you, its dumb to see people complain about cgi lmfao. bet you they scream "cgi cgi!!!" when they see real woman outside their house
Nov 29, 2022 9:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
amazing episode... there were a lot of events that I did not expect, the surprises followed one after another, even in that very....so....terrifying end of the episode!!!! kekeke
Nov 29, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
The ost during Himeno's death was good but its just making me so excited to hear what this composer has in store for so many more moments far away from this moment, but it feels good for the anime to kind of be reaching its one last hurrah for CSM being a pretty familiar shounen series, one last really solid arc before things start to change up.

I think the anime has been doing a good job with portraying the action this ep and hopefully represent what its doing for the rest of the series, when action appears it should feel dire and stressful, its shouldnt feel like theres some hype ass moment waiting to happen this world is brutal and unforgiving and when there is a life or death stakes the cards aare stacked heavily on death

Joel77 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Damn how will shounen jump ever recover from having 3 of the most profitable series of the past decade.

I feel like it starts to change after this point and get more experimental but I also dont wanna hype up the false expectation that its just a non stop thrill ride that subverts expectations from here on out cause it really is a gradual shift into what it becomes rather than one big blowout moment. Id say if there really is a specific spot to hype up as, oh here where it hits its stride and never loses it till the final chapter wraps it'd be the stuff i imagine mid S2 is gonna get to with
I think anime onlies will get a taste of what CSM's actually gonna be like after watching this episode. And yeah starting from the
CSM's gonna be breaking the internet.

It is just a shame though that I do think its gonna go through a bit of a hype backlash for probably the next year until then, cause people hyping up the series are hyping up the entire series as a cohesive package and all this early stuff lends well to the far more standout stuff as set up for it, but on its own with a bunch of monumental praise messing with expectations alot of people are pretty understandably gonna be wondering what the hell any of the fuss is about even after a really solid arc like this one.

I think the issue is, people have always heard that this is a crazy series, and it is, IF your reading it all in one go you experience this insane escalation but watching it weekly with a much slower pace than the manga ever was people are gonna get impatient getting to said craziness.
JizzyHitlerNov 29, 2022 9:53 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2022 9:43 AM

Oct 2021
Ok. This episode is great and one of the best in this series. CGI is quite decent and I'm satisfied with it, so CGI haters can cry all they want.
Nov 29, 2022 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
The best animated episode by far. The feeling that seeing Himeno's death has given me again is incredible.
Nov 29, 2022 9:44 AM

Jan 2016
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THIS EP
Nov 29, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2017
Absolutely phenonmal character movement and aesthetic of scenes episode.
Nov 29, 2022 9:48 AM

Feb 2017
Cinema from start to finish, idk how some people can complain in the thread lmao, probably some troll
May 2019
Sad we won't see Himeno again :(
Dec 2020
what the fuck just happened
Nov 29, 2022 9:49 AM

Jul 2019
Almost got overwhelmed by the sheer quality of this episode, storyboards are so good and creative, cgi was not really an issue for me since it barely moved unlike the first episode. From what i've heard the manga starts getting even better from now on, i'm excited for what's to come.

I hope manga readers realize how lucky they are with this adaptation.
Nov 29, 2022 9:49 AM
Dec 2020
too much cgi for my taste.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

733 by Meltedlizard »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

997 by M1tsue »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 18, 11:14 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

390 by jojoham »»
Jun 17, 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.