Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2022 4:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 13, 2022 7:30 AM
Dec 13, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
There should be someone to mourn the deaths of those who died, but given the theme of this series and these characters you can bet there won't be anyone doing so, except Aki, the most human character of this series. Himeno was someone close to him and those tears just confirmed the obvious. Though have to say, Denji sure got plenty civilized since the time he joined the devil hunters, at the very least he knows not to interrupt someone when it ain’t the right time to lol.

Since the duo of Denji and Power failed fashionably the last time Katana Man attacked, sure it’s the right time to go the training route, and who better than the strongest devil hunter, Kishibe himself to beat them into shape. But as if the old men ever are easy to deal with, a mere mortal but still handed the asses of the immortal duo( Power is half though) down to their fucking hands. And yes important to note, even with MEGANE on, the result didn’t change.

Aki with only two years more to live, is now determined more than ever to eliminate the Gun devil and his goons. Dude is about to make a new contract with a devil. The name.. Future devil. Guess the terms of contract next time.

Liked the new ED as well, been a good streak since the last 3 episodes.

Jun 2019
It was sad to see Aki like that. Kishibe got properly introduced and Power and Denji actually felt what it is like to be his students. LOL. Power beating Denji was funny AF. And, the operation Super Smart commenced. Truly a couple of genius. But, they didn't stand a chance in front of experienced Kishibe.

And, we got a glimpse of "The future is awesome". Great episode, once again. Loved the new ED as well.

Jul 2017
Aki being saved by Kobeni, with both Denji and Power meeting him in his recovery stage and fighting over apples. And with just a flicker of the cigarette lighter, he remembers Himeno's life flash by him. right until her deathly hollows. This isn't quite the same for Denji, who didn't cry for Pochita's death, and even if it's for Makima, his feelings wouldn't change.

Just when things couldn't get any better, other than both Kurose and Tendo coming in for the clutch for Aki, it's the best and strongest Devil Hunter: Division 1's Kishibe (with TsudaKen's iconic villain-y voice) whom makes his official introduction to both Denji and Power in Makima's behalf to train both Devils, a perfect 100 score to whip them into shape in preparation for the Gun Devil. And I tell you, NEVER have I waited for this moment for Kishibe's power to strangle them both from the manga, it's overwhelmingly satisfying to FINALLY showcase his insane strength.

At the same time, boh Denji and Power, as flawed as they are facing against Kishibe, the temptation to run away from the Special Division is apparent, but not before the counterattack strategy taking in the form of thinking minds for an ambush, a battle of wits. It was a good effort, but not enough to take Kishibe down, which his last bag of tricks is based off his form of speech.

At this point, Aki quitting Public Safety, it would be a disservice to see him fall before the Gun Devil when his contracted Devils aren't capable of helping him anymore. But one person...caught his eye to a moment of shock. In toll of Kurose and Tendo to find another weapon since he couldn't use his contracted Devil powers, find a new Devil to get back to work immediately. And in the midst, reading letters from Himeno's younger sister about her requesting him to quit the job sooner or later, paints a grim picture.

The new contracted Devil in the form of the Future Devil, will Aki take the plunge for another sacrifice to be offered?

PEOPLE 1's ED is very artistic with realism, and a good ED to bop to.
KANLen09Dec 13, 2022 11:42 AM
Dec 13, 2022 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
RIP all those people. It's inevitable that all these battles ended up with bodies on the floor especially in these recent episodes.

On the other hand, it looks like the show has its plan to make Section 4 great. Well if anything, hope they all learned from this experience and realize how dangerous their world is.
Dec 13, 2022 7:35 AM

Dec 2020
Kishibe is finally here! And he is training Denji and Power. Their plan was good lol.

Also, Aki is going to make a new deal. This time it will be with the Future Devil.
Dec 13, 2022 7:52 AM

May 2016
Solid episode with awesome ED. Next episode should be peak of action so far, lets go, loved it.
Dec 13, 2022 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Aki can't catch a break. Kishibe with his swag as usual, nobel prize candidate has no chance against him. Pretty bland ED, those dogs remind me of a certain plot point though.
Dec 13, 2022 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yoshihara drops another banger. What an absolutely talented animator. Really hope this isn’t his last appearance this season
Dec 13, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2018
The realistic ED with the fucking dogs, couldn't get any better LOL.
But, it's finally time to have a training arc together with Kishibi, who is voiced by the GOAT himself, Kenjiro Tsuda. Aside from that, it's mostly Aki who is struggling and also has barely any lifespan left to live. And he seeks out to find a new devil to have a contract with. And it's the future devil. CSM is going to the hell route.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 13, 2022 8:39 AM

Dec 2020
Solid episode and we finally got operation super smart. Denji seeing Aki cry then questioning his own humanity was cool to see.
Another banger ed with unique visuals, there hasn't been a single let down with the eds yet and we still have eve to look forward to.
DeFa-Dec 13, 2022 9:03 AM

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Dec 13, 2022 8:52 AM

Oct 2022
Not much this episode but Aki is back in action making a contract with a new devil.

The ending theme was kinda good.
Dec 13, 2022 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
Power was funny this episode, especially so when she was trying to fix Denji's head. Interesting to hear some kansai-ben.

Poor Aki-kun... Everything keeps on going to shit. u_u
can dis sig fit
Dec 13, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
2 years left for Aki. What has he got left to offer to the Future Devil oof.
Dec 13, 2022 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
Quite in a depress situation.
Denji doesn't feel anything, he just want a human rights, but too bad, the best devil hunter from the first division comes to take Denji's human rights away.
I have a mixed feeling about using Tsuda Kenji voice here. While it's like he was born to play this role, just as every role he has played before, but I can't shake the feeling that his voice has been overused, especially since he sign a contract with Netflix, he voices over 20 anime in this year alone.
Dec 13, 2022 9:09 AM

Apr 2019
Another great episode. Mappa never misses. The ending song was especially great. It's great to see Kishibe animated. Arguably the best character after the main 4.

Also The Future Is The Best. Future devil is finally here.
Dec 13, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2015
I don't usually like training arcs or like training in general in anime, but I did like this EP. It didn't feel like a training arc or anything. Old man seems op.
Dec 13, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2021
Looks like Denji and Power are going on a training arc
The future Devil sounds interesting, I wonder how Aki will make a contract with him
Dec 13, 2022 9:14 AM
Jun 2019
Jesus this episode's storyboarding is godlike. Every scene in this episode is ridiculously well-framed, I'm kind of amazed. Kinda sad we have to wait another episode to see the Future Devil :(
Hi
Dec 13, 2022 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
OPERATION SUPER SMART

Daddy Kishibe did not disappoint; having Kenjirou voice him is a match made in heaven. And his teaching methods and training are dead-on for who he's dealing with; killing Denji and Power on repeat so that they can learn and grow. All you need is kill showed us that this works quite well if you can handle the psychological trauma.

Also best boy Beam is showing up next episode? Can't wait!

Other than that the future devil being teased has me excited for some incredible moments further down the line...
Dec 13, 2022 9:20 AM

Jul 2017
NOO! I will need to wait one more episode for the Dancing Devil
Dec 13, 2022 9:26 AM
Aug 2021
Kishibe's heavenly voice, Denji and Power drinking cฬถuฬถmฬถ blood, Aki about to get a new devil contract.

Nice improvements, we see denji questioning his humanity in this episode which is the scene I anticipated. This solves the complaints of people feeling Himeno's death had no impact to them since the anime is now self aware.
Dec 13, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 2016
Brutal how Denji and Power don't give a fagg ๐Ÿ˜”

Kishibe is a whole W for whipping these super dumbasses into shape

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2022 9:29 AM
Apr 2019
holy sh*t this episode and the anime in general has so many weird decisions that just ruin the momentum and so much more . actually the first episode ive disliked so far also L ending tbh
Dec 13, 2022 9:30 AM
Aug 2022
so aki is making a new contract i guess? can't wait to see what's that about.
power and denji are also training under that alcoholic guy (didnt remember his name yet lmao) now. makima left for whatever reason. it was kind of amusing seeing him just absolutely obliterate them that's for sure.
i'm still not sure what's up with aki's sword and why it can tell how much time he has to live, but we'll hopefully find out why.
otherwise, this was a decent episode. but it wasn't as good as the last one. i loved that ending though
Dec 13, 2022 9:30 AM

Aug 2019
Mixed feelings about Power with glasses. Doesn't really suit her, but actually looks good

Denji should've learnt to stop trusting others by now

Dec 13, 2022 9:31 AM
May 2021
Shit this ep defo hit the feels, Aki in so much pain! Plus Kishibe just toying w/ Denji & Power hahaa.
Dec 13, 2022 9:32 AM
Aug 2022
The entire episode was funny with sad parts.

Evolutions of shonen senseis From dieing for their students to killing themselves over 20 times. ๐Ÿ˜‚

The episode really showed what denji and aki becomed after having horrible childhoods and loosing everything.

Poor aki. Man lost everything and now only has 2y to live but gonna lose another year to a fcking devil.

Dec 13, 2022 9:35 AM

Mar 2020
One of the less eventful episodes this time around, but it was fun seeing Kishibe coaching Power and Denji, and of course, more Power and Denji bonding time is always awesome. Seeing Aki a bit down was quite sad to see, but we'll see what the Future Devil has in store for him.

The 4th division is having it rough right now, but with the coaching, perhaps they'll become quite the strong Devil Hunters later. ED this week was solid, probably in the middle to top half of my favourites for this show.
Dec 13, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2021
The training arc finally begins!!! Both Power and Denji are gonna have a tough time dealing with the strongest hunter out there. Meanwhile Aki needs to get stronger. Overall this was a great episode.
Dec 13, 2022 9:38 AM

Feb 2022
This is a very relaxed and a bit depressive chapter, reminding us of the division 4 massacre and showing us a depressed Aki after losing his great partner Himeno and even more so with the letters that Himeno's sister gave him.

Kishibe finally appeared and showed off too much, killing Denji more than 20 times and always leaving Power bad, without a doubt he is a memorable character that I love

Damn Makima appears very little time, I need more of Makima on the screen!!

I was very anxious that they animate the scene of Power and Denji's trap to Kishibe well and they captured it very well

And we got to the moment that I expected the most and it is the appearance of the demon of the future but Mappa knows a lot about Marketing and they leave it for the next chapter, damn it, although I loved that eye of the demon of the future

The ending had an excellent song and the video clip is a bit weird since they show real life video but it looks pretty good

A very relaxed chapter that I loved 10/10
TsushimaMartinDec 13, 2022 9:45 AM
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 13, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2018
Unnecessarily long drawn out scenes of characters just sitting, changing clothes/walking somewhere, long pauses between the dialogue lines, half assed CGI fights where they're not even bothered to improve choreographies in addition to god awful directing. Good job MAPPA

10 episodes in and I still can't give a single fuck about any of the characters.
Dec 13, 2022 9:42 AM

Dec 2020
Too see Aki in this Form that was so sad and deep he now make a new contr with the future devil.
Ed 10 the visuals very nice and i like it.
Himeon i miss her, to see what she write in these letters holy.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Dec 13, 2022 9:49 AM
Oct 2016
Kishibe is the perfect teacher for Denji and Power. Someone whom won't be overly nice with them like Makima and someone whom won't be mean like Aki. Which while they deserve that meanness most of the time it doesn't work too well for training someone. Kishibe approach of just relentless attacks is the best way to train a meathead like Denji and Power. Straightforward manner of getting them stronger is already showing results. They got destroyed multiple times at the graveyard but after that night of critical thinking a good plan formed. Just not against Kishibe, hes too strong for any tricks like that. Power using most of her blood didn't help along with Denji totally not thinking about where Kishibe would attack from. A valiant effort but for naught. The animation looked great as always during the Kishibe training scenes. Loved the camera work moving with each Denji and Power attacks.

Aki had the most personal fallout from the Katana Man incident. Himeno dying, Kon not emerging, using the sword multiple times, only having two years left to live. Aki hasn't gotten much left other than the original burning rage for his family and now Himeno dying. Making another hefty contract with something like the Future Devil is a gutsy move but what else can you do with so little left
Dec 13, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2009
Again, just like with the Katana man and his lackeys. How come Denji's no longer aiming for the balls?
Dec 13, 2022 9:50 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
2 years left?! wow, short time!!! kekeke
Dec 13, 2022 9:50 AM
Jul 2016
This episode was fun! I love Operation Super-Smart! I have some spoilerly thoughts so only manga readers can look

Also, I think if the apples have the fancy lace shorts on, then those are the expensive fancy fruit you see at Japanese supermarkets. It can cost up to $20 an apple! That fruit basket was probably for Aki's hospital stay, you gluttonous bastard!
Dec 13, 2022 9:53 AM
Nov 2022
I liked seeing Denji and Power work together xd
Dec 13, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2018
ok I'm very curious about the future devil now! And poor Denji and Powy just can't catch a break
Dec 13, 2022 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
Denji seems heartless eh he said he can move on fast from death of his comrades even if its Makima

the strongest Devil Hunter is finally here

also the Future Devil is now here too

Aki has 2 years of life span left
Dec 13, 2022 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
AAAAh. I couldn't help but cry for Aki, I shit on God.
Dec 13, 2022 10:02 AM
Nov 2022
Denji and Power might be having some screws loose but that guy is in a psychopathic league of his own, truly rivals Katana Mans craziness.
Dec 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Jul 2019
Amazing episode but..... lmaooooo

Dec 13, 2022 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Nice selections of SCP's to choose from. Power with glasses is fantastic, I want more.
Dec 13, 2022 10:11 AM

Aug 2021
Finally Mads Mikkelsen (Kishibe) enters the scene, showing just how badass and sinister he is!
Aki now must have felt guilty for Himeno's death, all because of his revenge that closed his eyes to a future with her.
I expect a FUTURE PIKA in the next episode
โ €
Dec 13, 2022 10:12 AM

Dec 2018
Not a bad episode ~~~
Aaa, Tsuda Kenjiro sexy easy recognize voice character is here and

Wow... The animation in this episode is something... Just look how strong that old dude is....

Power look sexy with megane and those style she's using. Yep... Aki got 2 years left and

Reading that tegami, I feel sad with Himeno.... She love Aki.... Even talk about him with her sister.... but she never have time to feel that love....

The ED is okay .... It is cute to see Denji barfed in that ed.

Dec 13, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2014
Denji getting KILLED was pretty kino!
Dec 13, 2022 10:16 AM
Dec 2022
cliff hanger but good art
Dec 13, 2022 10:31 AM
Jan 2022
I feel like we skipped over a lot of things...
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1015 by dgashti »»
Apr 19, 3:40 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.