Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2022 1:21 PM
May 2021
The scene after the fight is a typical example of "she wants Shadow but walks past Cid everyday"
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Nov 2, 2022 1:28 PM
Nov 2017
Poor Millia. RIP.
Nov 2, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2021
I am atomic lol. Proceeds to blow up an entire portion of the city.

Alexia just got straight out rejected, but I kind of expected it after seeing how this anime works. But yea we'll what adventure Cid takes next with this new girl who was introduced at the end of the episode.
Nov 2, 2022 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
Reminded me of a few other anime: The dark knights with their cape and swords attacking the big monster (that regenerates while generating vapor): Attack on Titan.
Cid as mastermind guy with some fancy looking costume: Zero from Code Geass. Though with his super powerful sword fighting ... more like a Kirito. :D

When he talked about a guy wanting to be strong enough to fight a nuclear missile ... Baki and Hanma Yujiro came to my mind, lol.

But yeah: Fun episode. The "I am atomic" was fun. Also the girl at the end not caring about the blood in his face. + some nice stuff for future development: The older sister princess gathering an investigation team. Shadow Garden then will have to become more careful.
Nov 2, 2022 1:58 PM

Nov 2021
Peak episode the humor in this show is so good but its also got pretty great action
Nov 2, 2022 2:26 PM
Mar 2019
this anymore is really good
Nov 2, 2022 2:33 PM
Jun 2022
The ending of episode 5 has me confused. Did he just murder his ex girlfriend?
Nov 2, 2022 2:38 PM

Sep 2018
lmao, this show is hilarious. Another great episode.
Nov 2, 2022 2:39 PM
Oct 2019
Splendid episode
Nov 2, 2022 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
So how many civilians died in the atomic blast haha
Nov 2, 2022 2:48 PM
Feb 2016
Maybe because of all its previous build up I was slightly disapointed with this episode. My memory is a bit hazy, but I think the manga executed the fight with Zenon better? But I have to admit next heroines blushing at an blood splattered Cid raised my overall evaluation to 4/5 :D
Nov 2, 2022 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
"I am atomic"... Proceeds to nuke the city lmao.

I expected the monster to turn out to be a girl but not that she was the daughter of the kidnapper from episode 2. I had a feeling we would see her at some point but not that soon. Is she dead though? That was pretty awesome from Alpha btw.

Aww Alexia is showing her dere side <3. Too bad she's dealing with Cid. That was hilarious but come on, they had the best interactions so far :/

What could be more romantic than meeting your prince charming covered in blood lol. New girl is so cute.
Nov 2, 2022 3:00 PM
Jul 2022
CrystaLyse said:
Did he just killed Alexia. I don't see the reason to...

No they noticed that nobody is died
Nov 2, 2022 3:16 PM
Nov 2022
If you want an answer about the blood search Alexia Midgar in wiki Alexia is not dead yet cause that blood is Cid's Blood
Nov 2, 2022 3:22 PM

Mar 2022
Atomic? Talking about overkill! This is beyond OP. LOL Best episode so far.
Nov 2, 2022 3:25 PM

Jan 2022
Wtf, he's only flexing by making an atomic bomb, that's hilarious. A very cool episode to watch.
I like everything, ok
Nov 2, 2022 3:35 PM

Oct 2020
This was a really good episode, definetly one of the best new animated Isekais this year

edit: I just checked what Isekai aired this yeqr and this is prob my fav (not counting Overlord, Mushoku Tensei and Marimashita! Iruma-kun)
LeruLeruNov 2, 2022 3:45 PM
Nov 2, 2022 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
I AM LEGEND ATOMIC!
Nov 2, 2022 4:16 PM
Jan 2022
I know it was well within his character but I really wish he had kept us his relationship with Alexia, oh well
Nov 2, 2022 4:26 PM

May 2019
Nyarly-kamin said:
Alexia acts a lot more deredere in here than the manga, so i actually felt a bit bad for her being rejected. Scene's even more hilarious though, Cid looks like he's about to accept but then SIKE
Can't wait to see Sherry's arc

viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

Cid can detect other people with magic, so the nuke only killed the Zenon dude and stopped before hitting anyone else, notice how the magic aura stopped right in front of Alexia. He can control the magic so well it only harms who he wants to harm, it's really broken.
MCHKenshin said:
viperhc said:
Ok this was over the top but I guess that is how this anime will go. I think Cid could've killed Zenon without that atomic explosion that appeared to have wiped out part of the city (how many innocent bystanders died from that? Yeah I'm probably overthinking that.)

I was a bit surprised that Cid dumped Alexia and I'm guessing that was Cid's blood on the wall? In other words, I'm assuming Alexia got so mad that she attacked Cid and Cid took the hit and maybe healed himself afterwards? I believe it was said that no one was missing so I doubt it was Alexia's blood. It looks like Iris, Alexia's sister, knows that there are some traitors in the school since she had two of her trusted guys join an investigation team. Lastly, Cid needs to get himself cleaned up and I'm curious who the new girl is.

had to go through 5 mins of work just to correct your one point , what is my life coming to

Thanks, I totally missed that they cleared the residents and that he could control the magic. Still over the top but cool.
Nov 2, 2022 4:37 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know what it is about this season, possibly post covid vibes, but there is so many brilliant shows out there and this one definitely ranks up there. Just binged the last two eps and damn, shit is kicking off and people keep throwing shit at the fan! Loved it, next eps pls!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 2, 2022 4:40 PM
Sep 2017
The episode was really fun !
However, as a LN and manga reader I just have a problem with the absence of masks for Shadow garden's members.

The art is beautiful and the characters look great but this tiny detail makes me wonder how "Alpha" and the others can hide their identity in the future.

Guess we will know in the following episodes !

But nice adaptation so far, I can't wait for the whole thing to be released !
Nov 2, 2022 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
pasanoid said:
this shit is so generic, are they even fucking trying

Person of curiosity, your tag line on your forum posts gets a top hit in google for a twitter account. I'm not suggesting its you or not, but why post such an inflammatory post going so far as to use expletives unless you are craving attention. Where on episode 5. If you dont like it, then dont watch it. No one is forcing you too, and even if you do watch it and dont like it, take that hate somewhere else, because other people enjoy the show and its tiresome having to read your hate, and tell you about it.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 2, 2022 5:01 PM
Mar 2021
Incredible! Vaya pedazo de episodio, no tengo mucho que decir después de ver "Yo soy Atómico", que locura.
Nov 2, 2022 5:07 PM
Oct 2021
Muito top.. Este anime pode não ter muito conteúdo mas para quem ama ver um prota diferente é bem interessante.
Nov 2, 2022 5:16 PM

Nov 2012
Really? Just had to make a crater in the middle of town
Nov 2, 2022 5:18 PM

Feb 2022
makkenr95 said:
MCHKenshin said:

had to go through 5 mins of work just to correct your one point , what is my life coming to

He still destroyed the life of all those people living there by destroying their homes, workplaces, infrastructure to the city, military in the area. Its just bad writing and over the top execution for no reason and going against what the main character is trying to do. just bad...

oh yeah, battle between Mob vs Tsuzuki in MP100 killed many people, destroyed building, throwing the building, workplaces and many more.

Ichigo vs Aizen too like that.

and many more series like that, why you complain about that just for this series, make your statement in that series too and come here.

MagistarvahaNov 2, 2022 5:36 PM
Nov 2, 2022 5:20 PM

Feb 2022
lancelot200 said:

they have evacuated the citizens

Nov 2, 2022 5:26 PM

Oct 2021
Why no one hiding their face?

Bruh, this is some clark kent level of disguise bs.
Nov 2, 2022 5:38 PM
Jun 2020
I... am.... ATOMIC XDDDDDDD
Nov 2, 2022 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
Miraikane said:
lancelot200 said:

they have evacuated the citizens

That blast looked like more than one block and it didn't seem like it was the same block as the monster.
Nov 2, 2022 5:50 PM
Jun 2017
"i am atomic..."hahahha
Nov 2, 2022 6:03 PM

Oct 2021
makkenr95 said:
viperhc said:

Nope you are not overthinking. It was just very bad writing. extremely over the top and goes against everything the character is said to represent and be. Just very bad. Not hating the series. I like the concept but its just so... bad...

It is supposed to be over the top because the mc is a parody character and definitely not a good guy.
Nov 2, 2022 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
lol this shit is stupid but in a fun way
Nov 2, 2022 6:35 PM
Oct 2020
This isn't your everyday chuuni, this is... advanced over-chuuni.
Nov 2, 2022 6:42 PM

Feb 2017
Ok, another episode like this and its a drop, the whole episode was delivered with such a straight face it felt like it was taken from any of the hundred of OP protagonist isekai shows out there, the highlight of the episode came a bit too late since I was already half asleep and then the senseless destruction of a good chunk of the city took most out of what was good cringy fun.

Was really hoping this show would be a comedy poking fun at isekai and chuunis but at this rate it'll turn into the very thing it set out to poke fun at.
Nov 2, 2022 6:52 PM

Feb 2011
ridiculous but in a good way, very fun to watch

Nov 2, 2022 7:00 PM
Nov 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
If the idea was to bomb the entire area to ensure that all the members of the cult would vaporise, it's a great one. But, if it was just to back up his "atomic" statement, I'm not too sure, xD. Feels like the Princess has figured out or at least is close to figuring out the Shadow's true identity, it'll be interesting to see how their interactions evolve with every passing ep. Gee, all that blood though, dramatic much?

It was nice to see Cid just bossing around the fight and embarrassing the heck out of the "future" member. Good lord, he just wouldn't shut up about that...

It was nice to see the other girls back and it was hilarious how Cid reacted to Beta's info drop of the new members count. And one more to come soon? Didn't expect Cid's sister to throw such a tantrum though, that was kind of nice.

I was surprised hearing the name Zeta. It’s seems their recruitment is going well. I’m interested in finding out more details about the girls as well
Nov 2, 2022 7:06 PM

May 2015
Cid nuked the cities entire district, Alpha vaporized the monster girl, and the world moves on. Honestly I'd be kind of afraid to live in that city. Another Amazing episode that felt like it flew by once more.
Nov 2, 2022 7:10 PM
Mar 2021
Great episode, the music was great and match very good with the impact of the scene. The story have a good progression too. Just waiting for the next action scene and the fights
Nov 2, 2022 7:43 PM

May 2016
they realized that the monster that turned out to be a young woman is the daughter of the one who kidnapped shadow's sister in chapter 2, how sad at least alpha let her rest.
Nov 2, 2022 7:45 PM
Apr 2019
Amazing, loved seeing the nuke
Nov 2, 2022 7:47 PM

Sep 2007
That was the weirdest 1st impression ever....he's just walking around with blood all over his one side? really? LOL....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 2, 2022 7:47 PM
Apr 2021
sotlganihai said:
where did the blood come from? ;-;

Alexia sliced Cid after Cid rejected her
Nov 2, 2022 7:49 PM
Apr 2021
I am atomic scene didn’t disappoint it was beautiful though the way he said atomic was a bit weird but it was awesome. He literally nuked a whole town. Also they cut out the last part when Cid rejected Alexia and she sliced him.
Nov 2, 2022 7:49 PM
Apr 2021
Finnn2703 said:
CrystaLyse said:

That’s probably his blood… She sliced him out of anger due to the rejection

By why would she slice him due to rejection? They’re just a fake couple nothing more
Nov 2, 2022 8:10 PM
Jul 2019
I am Atomic, was so much of a flex. I was dead at that point
Nov 2, 2022 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Miraikane said:
CrystaLyse said:

Alexia is angry with Cid because Cid refuses Alexia to continue the relationship, that's why cid got that blood.

Anime always presents something too dramatic, for example blood splatter.
I mean, it's treated exactly the same way n the LN, down to the legend of how there must have been a murder but no body was ever found. Of course, this only makes sense as a joke (which they completely ruined with the thumbs down smh) because it's obviously not believable at all that she would try to kill him over being rejected, even if he had zero chill the way he did it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 2, 2022 8:41 PM

Oct 2021
Luxeraph said:
Ok, another episode like this and its a drop, the whole episode was delivered with such a straight face it felt like it was taken from any of the hundred of OP protagonist isekai shows out there, the highlight of the episode came a bit too late since I was already half asleep and then the senseless destruction of a good chunk of the city took most out of what was good cringy fun.

Was really hoping this show would be a comedy poking fun at isekai and chuunis but at this rate it'll turn into the very thing it set out to poke fun at.

Just drop it bro, it's a parody the same way OPM is a parody, a comic relief MC in a serious story. It would never be a full blown comedy.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

758 by Muow »»
Yesterday, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2022

188 by Jawnyblaze »»
Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

155 by Sayan_Pal »»
Jun 24, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

260 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 19, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

123 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 19, 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.