Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2022 7:01 PM

May 2012
When I originally read the concept it didn't really look that interesting, but well it sure turned out a whole lot more enjoyable than I thought. Quite a nice set of characters and rather some expanded and specifically focused comedy all wrapped with some nice character development, episodic and story pacing, that wrapped up with a nice intense final episode.

All in all I rather enjoyed watching this series!
Oct 28, 2022 4:56 AM
Dec 2016
I enjoyed every second, cant wait for s2
Oct 28, 2022 5:11 AM
Jun 2019
Hilarious, Heart-warming and Interesting in every episode. I hope this series gets a Season 2. The characters are hilarious and it's perfect for anyone who loves this genre of anime.
Oct 28, 2022 5:37 AM
Apr 2013
There won't be a season 2.

Oct 28, 2022 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
The last episode took a sharp turn. I am only 8 minutes in and it wraps up more than 99% of anime too. They let their feelings be known and hug each other.
Oct 28, 2022 9:37 AM
Oct 2022
Damn when i first see this anime cofirmed i was like : "ye another romantic anime huh will be suck ass tho, oh wait netflix make it ? Even worst" and that is before they release cyberpunk:edge runner after that i was give netflix another chance i open my mind for all anime come from netflix i im glad they they wasnt dissapoint me this time tbh i love romatic but not anime and i even hate harem more but this one is different the main character is cute, hilarious tho my grammar is bad so i dont think i can explain what i feel rn but ye for me this one is 10/10 i love it
Oct 28, 2022 10:53 AM
Nov 2021
This would have made for a cute 2010-ish j-drama staring Karina and Yamapi
Oct 28, 2022 11:24 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't expect this to be a decent adaptation... I thought this would just be another silly goofy romcom :"D but interestingly, there's really been progress or development here. I'm still rooting for Junta but it looks like if Anzu really will end up with one of them, then it's most likely Tsukasa....

Also I don't know if I'm allowed to say this or not, but.. I'm not satisfied to see the stalker was only caught by the police. I had hoped she'd get hurt more before she went to jail. She's already ruined someone's life, literally. But thanks to Riri, Tsukasa can live in peace now.

"To Be Continued" I think the ending was good enough though it would be great if there was a second season but let's not get our hopes up too high~

Oct 28, 2022 12:32 PM
Jan 2016
Sha-tan said:

Yea, the ending felt like a classic "sorry, your series is getting axed, wrap it up in a few chapters" treatment. According to MAL, this is the author's first manga so I think it's actually what happened unfortunately.
Oct 28, 2022 1:25 PM
Sep 2021
Yea, the ending felt like a classic "sorry, your series is getting axed, wrap it up in a few chapters" treatment. According to MAL, this is the author's first manga so I think it's actually what happened unfortunately. [/quote]

It’s recently published on Shounen Jump+ and there is no “axed thing” in Jump+ (unlike Shounen Jump). So, I think the author might want to end like this.
Oct 28, 2022 1:29 PM
Mar 2021
I enjoyed it very much, looking forward to S2 , if it happens.
Oct 28, 2022 5:18 PM
Jul 2016
Tsuchiya's voice actor is the same voice actor as the man in black from To Your Eternity. Such a distinct voice...
Oct 28, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2021
Damn, this was a really cute show, although it got a bit dark with the stalker, but it added a ton of depth to Tsukasa's character, and it was good to see a series take a female stalker tramautizing a guy seriously as a problem, as oftentimes anime plays girl stalkers off as a joke. Stalking sucks no matter what genders are involved, and all stalkers should receive the fuckin' Clockwork Orange treatment at BEST.

The best part was definitely Anzu, or more specifically Anzu's many amazing faces, and her frequently ridiculous movement. I just cackled everytime she did a super-manly face.

Ultimately, if this doesn't get another season, that's fine, because while this billed itself as a romance, it was really more about a potential NEET connecting with people, and fulfilling her potential as a person that can inspire other people to be better. Like, seriously, she helped all of the boys tremendously, Tsukasa with his loneliness and trauma, Junta by motivating him to become a baseball player, and Hijiri by getting him to learn the value of hard work and appreciating people 'below' him.

Also by being 'Non-Heroine' Anzu feels waaaaaay more relatable and like a real person, and because she's allowed to have both masculine and feminine qualities and she never really compromises on being completely herself.
Oct 28, 2022 9:39 PM

Sep 2020
Sha-tan said:

This manga actually got axed from it's initial run in Jump+ magazine. The author didn't actually wanted to end his manga right there.
Oct 28, 2022 10:22 PM
Jan 2021
ZXEAN said:
This manga actually got axed from it's initial run in Jump+ magazine. The author didn't actually wanted to end his manga right there.

I hope this anime becomes more popular because that might bring the manga back. Rating and audience response looks promising. But not many people will watch it as the synopsis is not that interesting, and it is a low budget anime by Netflix.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Oct 29, 2022 1:35 AM
May 2020
laughed out loud from start to finish. last two episodes i cried. Riri female best character energy and animation wise, insane voice acting from everyone
Oct 29, 2022 3:14 AM

Apr 2015
Wow it's been a long time since I've completed an anime all in one sitting, but this show is hilarious and addicting to watch. The first few episodes were fun and silly, but the story unexpectedly turned a bit dark and delved into some serious topics. I'm pleasantly surprised that this show depicts some of the issues both men and women could face for having unwanted attention. This show was pretty predictable at times, especially with how it turned out Junta was her real childhood friend and how the stalker would play a "pull-out-a-knife" card, but the overall executions were good.

Anzu is such a likeable MC. It took a bit for me to warm up to her since in the first few episodes she appeared as annoying and useless, but the way she cares for her friends really shines throughout the show. Her wide range of facial expressions is amazing. All the male characters are likeable enough as well; they all got some depth and good character development. I almost always root for the childhood friend, but in this case I think I gotta go with Tsukasa. The two hugs shared between Anzu and Tsukasa were really sweet. I really like Saki as well, her response to the guy asking about her boobs made me laugh so hard. I would love to see a side romance story between her and Tsukasa's friend, the little moment they had at the fireworks festival was cute. I would love for this show to get a sequel, although I'll keep my expectations low given all the manga chapters were already adapted. But I'll hold onto the hope that we'll one day be able to see who Anzu ends up with, even though I'd be willing to bet it would be Tsukasa. All in all, I'll give this show a 7.5/10.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 29, 2022 1:24 PM

Oct 2021
Okay, I did not expect this anime to be that deep towards the ending. Seeing Anzu help Tsukasa overcome his trauma was beautiful.

Although we didn't get any proper romantic ending, seeing the anime depict the problem Tsukasa went through really shows that sometimes in society, when stuff like stalking or assault happens to men, they don't always receive the proper help or support, even though their the victim, they get blamed for it instead. Regardless of who they are, anyone's likely to suffer from something like that and they deserve to be helped. I really love how caring Anzu was.

I do wish they'd have a more romantic type of ending, but I never expected to be glad that Riri is back! I'm actually interested in the manga now..

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Oct 29, 2022 8:25 PM

Mar 2020
I'm happy with how this turned out, the ending with "the new target" have my heart stop for a little. Glad that Kazuki realizes his feeling for Anzu, Junta is still adorable, Hijiri.. thank you so much for stopping that family 😭 Hope there will be a season two, maybe focused on their daily life or something, but still, I'm glad that I watched this series //^O^//
Oct 29, 2022 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
The last two episodes dropped my rating down to a 5, the angsty stalker storyline was completely unnecessary for a dumb comedy show.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 29, 2022 9:53 PM
Dec 2020
I'm really looking forward to the second season 🙏🙏🙏 What an underrated anime! I love all the characters, they are all so complex even though I was expecting something shallow. My sister who doesn't watch anime that often liked it, so you can totally watch it with your family!
Oct 30, 2022 9:06 AM
Feb 2021
i cried so hard.. awh man!!!! this anime could be my fav
Oct 30, 2022 12:42 PM
Dec 2020
I didn't expect a netflix rom/com reverse harem anime to be this fucking good, holly crap. Anzu was one of the most relatable and funny MC's in a while.
Never thought i would watch a whole anime in one sitting... Netflix, y'all are finally learning from ur mistakes..
Oct 30, 2022 6:00 PM

Jul 2017
The ending's not the best, and the show did have its issues, but this was surprisingly decent and fun for a short binge. I had severely low expectations for a series like this with the otome gag, but there was some development present between Anzu and a couple of the 'love interests' (some although feeling too weak and superficial), and Anzu's not too bad of a character personality-wise for this kind of series. She has her flaws but shows her strengths too as a person and she does warm and open up in a way that makes sense with her character considering how she was there for Saki in the past, plus she actually has an energetic personality to root for as well without being too over-the-top and annoying. The way she met/reunited with her love interests might have that wacky feel to it with the generic personality traits featured at first, but it was nice seeing them all sort of grow together and be dependable with each other, even if the other guys have their own rivalry going on with their feelings for Anzu. Plus, it wasn't like they were manipulated to liking her or anything, they got to see her good sides among her wacky traits and how she helped them in various ways. Comedy had its annoying moments with Riri mainly but Anzu's bombastic character made up for some of the comedy issues at times.

Overall, this was a solid anime. It's nothing special in the grand scheme of things, but it was a fun way to enjoy a few hours of anime in my life. A main character having a real personality, generic male interests to fit the otome game vibe that actually show some growth and bond with each other and Anzu and friends, and how they were willing to be there for each other no matter what. Even with something as absurd on paper as an intense stalker case. Considering how I've known someone really close to me that's gone through this kind of traumatic situation in the past and was affected by it for a long time, I could see why an arc like this could work. Just the payoff in this scenario and how it was handled on Riri's end felt a bit cheap and anticlimactic. The actual ending gave axed vibes too with the manga, since the manga is done but clearly the story feels incomplete still. Maybe with another season somehow, this would've been better with an actual outcome as to how Anzu got to grow further and accept her feelings to push forward romantically. The journey kind of feels incomplete because of that, but there was still enough with the progress and growth shown to have this ending to not stink.

But still, it's simple, full of energy, and delivered enough content that had me breeze through it despite some of the cringey elements at various times. 2022 has been a pretty bad year of anime for me, and Netflix had flopped big time with its previous releases for a long time too for me. Hell, I despised Cyberpunk Edgerunners and feel like that's one of the most frustrating anime of the year for sure. This show however, while having its flaws and not really having an amazing narrative by any means, was straightforward and embraced its wackiness while having something refreshing to offer unlike other otome-game related anime. One of the better shows of the year for me, although I wouldn't go too far to call it a masterpiece of a show as a whole. 6/10 probably (bordering 7), maybe if it felt more complete it might have had the surprising potential to be even higher. Anzu carried this for the most part, to leave her mark on the other characters for sure. Pretty good for an "Anti-Heroine". The more I think about it, the more I do come to appreciate it somewhat despite the flaws, especially since it's been a long time since I sort of enjoyed an anime with a romance feel to it, especially with the otome gimmick that normally sucks ass in other shows.
Oct 30, 2022 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
I never asked Netflix for nothing but you see, this series right here, this is for I would ask for a sequel. Sadly such thing won't happen since this is fully a Netflix series, meaning it won't get that much of attention inside Japan meaning it won't boost any manga sales (axed from the jump+ as someone pointed out).
But... Well, I wasn't expecting nothing and I got an fun and enjoyable anime.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 30, 2022 7:58 PM
Mar 2021
It's a really funny anime. After the first episode it's really enjoyable
Oct 31, 2022 12:59 AM

Sep 2022
Riri as a love interest is everything. I love the queer vibes of it, and I love this show overall. Amazing harem anime. Soooo good and Anzu is one of my favorite protags of all time, especially of a harem anime. She even beats Bakarina. I really hope we get more of this show, but I'll def be reading the manga.
Cambriel5202Oct 31, 2022 1:09 AM
Oct 31, 2022 3:23 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty good finale. Kazuki finally stood up against his stalker for Anzu's sake. Riri even went as far as to erase her memories and got in trouble for that but good thing Anzu's smart enough to get her back. She got her games, chocos and Momohiki back, good for her. The boys now know about the plan which is nice. Also wasn't expecting the stalker to be the next experiment target. Anyway we got an open end with a hint it may continue? It'll be nice if that happens.

Pretty decent romcom with reverse harem elements. I ended up liking most of the characters and Arisa's so beautiful. If this gets season 2 I'll watch.
Oct 31, 2022 10:57 AM
Apr 2021
Oh no the wizard got real scarry wtf.

I need a season two of this show.
Nov 1, 2022 1:55 AM

Feb 2022
this anime is surprisingly very good. initially, I thought it would be yet another boring ahh romcom anime, but it's not it's actually very funny.
Nov 1, 2022 2:43 AM

Jan 2020
This series is better than the majority of other romantic anime I've seen. Mostly because it doesn't just focus on romance+comedy, but a lot of friendship as well.
I'm sad that this might not get a continuation, even though at the end of the anime series it said "to be continued", which gives me a bit of hope.
I would definitely watch a second season!
Nov 1, 2022 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good to be quite honest lol. Show had me laughing throughout almost every episode. I would not mind a season 2, but there's no content left it seems.
Nov 1, 2022 4:41 AM

Feb 2014
It was a good and fun show but unfortunately locked inside the "netflix jail". The end of the anime say's "to be continued" but the anime pretty much covered the entire manga so a second season will be a long shot unless the mangaka decided to continue on. I did enjoy the series from the start to end, the jokes are hit or miss but still fun. Definitely one of the sleeper/hidden gem of the season.

And the two main leads Anzu and Tsukasa were voice by the two main leads of another anime airing this season, I'm The Villainess, So I'm Taming The Final Boss. I know Rieri is voicing Anzu but I wasn't expecting Umehara Yuuichirou voicing Tsukasa, I only realized it around the second or third episode when I noticed that his voiced sounded familiar.
Nov 1, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2020
Very funny show. Love the colorful artstyle.
8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Nov 1, 2022 11:17 AM

Sep 2020
One of the best reverse heram anime. Can't wait for S2.

8/10
Nov 1, 2022 2:43 PM
Oct 2022
sisisi muy lindo el final pero se imaginan que se quede con riri xD?
Nov 2, 2022 12:54 AM

Jul 2015
I went in expecting this to be yet another generic reverse harem but this turned out to be a lot more enjoyable. Normally I find overly loud characters rather annoying but Anzu was the opposite with her being quite the fun mc

Nov 2, 2022 2:58 AM
Jul 2020
Really funny and i like the drawing style.
Nov 2, 2022 6:11 AM

Feb 2019
Sha-tan said:

ogm seriously!? She didn't even end up with someone?? D:
owkey
Nov 2, 2022 6:14 AM

Feb 2019
ZXEAN said:
Sha-tan said:

This is so sad T__T I really wanted to read a continuation of this.. I'd even buy the manga but this is the ending :(
owkey
Nov 2, 2022 8:44 AM
Jan 2019
I really like the ending, but season 2?
hell no
although I would like to see some new works from the same author
Nov 2, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2015
I don't like harem or reverse harem animes but this one seemed interesting and I'm glad I gave it a shot because I enjoyed it. 8/10 for me.

If there's a season 2, I hope it's gonna mainly focus on one target and we get a proper ending.
Nov 2, 2022 5:38 PM
作画

Nov 2019
I expected it to be good but it turned out to be awesome, LOVED it start to finish.
8/10
Nov 2, 2022 7:35 PM
Jun 2017
This series deserves a second season... i have enjoyed every bit of its episode, and love its final episode... 9/10 overall for me
Nov 2, 2022 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
This was fun. Glad I finally clicked play. I kind of wish a magical floating twinkie had showed for a romantic intervention when I was in HS.
Nov 3, 2022 7:05 AM
Jul 2020
One of the most enjoyable shows i've watched in a while. I haven't binged watch anything for so long, and this broke the record for me. Its almost a 10 for me tbh
Nov 3, 2022 9:02 PM
Mar 2016
Sha-tan said:

There doesn't NEED to be a Season 2. The aim of the story was to get Anzu to grow and change. She no longer needs her chocolate/games/cat taken away as an excuse to get out of the house, and is investing her time in herself and her relationships. The rest, including who she actually winds up with in the end, is academic.
Nov 3, 2022 10:25 PM
Jun 2020
I'm really hoping they make a season two of this. It's been a long time since ive genuinely enjoyed such a wholesomely hilarious gut busting romance from this gen.
Nov 4, 2022 12:35 AM

Sep 2020
saeran_choiiii said:
ZXEAN said:

This is so sad T__T I really wanted to read a continuation of this.. I'd even buy the manga but this is the ending :(
But there is a high possibility we might get S2 which will obviously be anime original.
Nov 4, 2022 7:55 AM
Nov 2022
OMGGGG I LOVE THIS ANIME AAAAACKK I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 2
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hesmiyu - Oct 28, 2022

62 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 10 Discussion

shuffleair - Oct 28, 2022

37 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 29, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 9 Discussion

32 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 8 Discussion

24 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 29, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 7 Discussion

shuffleair - Oct 27, 2022

26 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 29, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.