Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2022 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, after all that drama, fighting, talk exchange, etc, at least Leo knew his purpose. For a time, it felt like he didn't have a true purpose anymore in this timeline.

In the meantime, he and Echidna are finally on better terms again. It was a rather predictable conclusion but fits for this particular anime after all the build. Seems the author and director had it all planned out from the start too.
Jun 21, 2022 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
As expected, the bioweapon Hero Leo succumbs to the power that the Demon Lords have been saving for generations, and the Philosopher's Stone is theirs after Leo acting as the villain and being the character whom wanted a way out by having people kill him.

The one most affected is Lily, but after playing the Hero game for this long, it would not be fit if Leo wasn't part of the Demon Lord's army, and everyone wants him in despite the Philosopher Stone within him as a ticking timebomb if not killed hurriedly. Everyone gets a chance to jab back at Leo for sacrificing his life willy-nilly, and the Hero is forced to combat his programmed orders, the so-called "Thought Masking" ability that hinders the Demonhart series to think otherwise.

For the Demon Queen Echidna and Eibrad to recollect Leo's motivation of "what it means to live", he is resurrected new after living 3000 years of protecting humanity, and formally "quitting heroing" for real by being their comrade-turned-friends and supporting Echidna, with no regrets. And with business back to normal, everything goes like clockwork back to how it is like, only now with the former Hero Leo, whom his Demon Lord Army's life has just begun.

Even though this is the 3rd show in the "Realist Hero"-inspired series, this one feels different, and still yet in a decent-to-good-way.
KANLen09Jun 21, 2022 7:55 AM
Jun 21, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Leo asks them to take out the philosopher's stone from his body...
Echidna just steps on him xD. She tells him that she has no time for things like that and tells him that she has decided to officially employ him as the ambassador between the human and demon worlds.
Though he wants them to pull out the stone from him, no one is willing to do so...
he disables the order to protect humanity from evil!

This was a pretty good show and I really enjoyed watching it! Overpowered MCs really are the best and it ended on a good note also. Hope this boosts sales of the source material and we get a season 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 21, 2022 8:11 AM

Jul 2015
A damn great episode and a good show all in all.. it sucks that the production values were low and directer made some meh choices but the plot and world building was one of the best of this season..

Love how it was opposite just Leo himself who had forced himself to act as the Hero and not the world.. No wonder he was so miserable and suicidal..

Damn i loved the happy go ending after the previous grimm and gloomy episodes..

No idea where the Season 2 if we get any will go from here.. but i'll gladly accept it
Jun 21, 2022 8:31 AM
Jan 2020
Would've easily given this an 8 if the production isn't so mediocre, It started as some kingdom management kind of shit like Realist Hero or Genius Prince so I didn't really cared that much until it started taking a different route.
Jun 21, 2022 8:39 AM
Dec 2021
UkRs said:
A damn great episode and a good show all in all.. it sucks that the production values were low and directer made some meh choices but the plot and world building was one of the best of this season..

Love how it was opposite just Leo himself who had forced himself to act as the Hero and not the world.. No wonder he was so miserable and suicidal..

Damn i loved the happy go ending after the previous grimm and gloomy episodes..

No idea where the Season 2 if we get any will go from here.. but i'll gladly accept it

I think i've heard that the LN is only 3 volumes and anime adapts it all but i'm not sure tho..i was surprised that this LN ended so fast tho
Jun 21, 2022 8:39 AM

May 2018
Ended as expected. Tbh Leo becoming a true villain would have made for a much more entertaining experience. No romantic elements to make up for it as well. And Episode 11 was a wasted episode tbh the demon generals should have been beaten in 5 seconds.

Overall started good but ended poorly so 5/10
Jun 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Feb 2021
Was a good final episode to round off the show solid 7/10 very happy with how things ended
Jun 21, 2022 9:00 AM
Apr 2022
a satisfying ending. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did now. A solid 8/10
Jun 21, 2022 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
It was funny watching Leo getting kicked by them, serves him right for putting on that act. Watching Lily cry was heartbreaking, I'm glad she didn't had to watch Leo die and he's safe.

Was a fine anime overall, wasn't as cliché and generic as I thought it'd be. Dun think it'll get one but if it does get a new season I'll watch.
Jun 21, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2011
Extremely disappointed that there was no romance between Leo and the Demon Queen, but that was to be expected with just 1 eps left... Other than that, I guess it was decent but not worth rewatching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2022 9:14 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Well I guessed correctly that it would end like that. Either that way or they take the stone and he had somehow fused his mind with a secret clone, one of which he did not destroy. And then pop out again and say YAY, though without or with a copy of the gemstone.

Only enjoyed the first 6 episodes or so, others were like "meh". The "drama parts" were boring like the past of the character/s.

6/10
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jun 21, 2022 9:31 AM

Mar 2013
That was a very obvious ending but I very much enjoyed it. I'm really gonna miss the main characters arguing with one another.

The animation sucked or was lacking in frames but the VAs did their job right that even the expressionless animation was lovely to watch until the end.

The theme songs, especially the ED "Growing" will always be a wonderful song that I will gladly remember. 7-8/10!

P.S. Leo and Echidna being caught holding each other's hands by Julietta was cute but the time they blushed was excruciatingly short.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 21, 2022 9:38 AM
Jun 2021
A good show as from the start it was looking like another realist hero but in the last few episodes the plot kicks hard
Jun 21, 2022 9:38 AM

Mar 2018
Can't say the prospect of Leo making out alive was that hidden, but nonetheless, I'm still happy they can all live together.

Jun 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2017
The whole "I'm not gonna kill you to save my world but that doesn't mean I like you baka!" just ruined the ending for me would 5/10 or less if not for the solid start so I'll just 6/10 it.
Jun 21, 2022 10:24 AM

Jun 2021
I’m glad Leo was able to finally just switch off those internal orders. All this time, he’s been a slave to his programming but I guess it was partly his own doing once he began to develop a sense of self. He was in a hell of his own making in a way because he could have overridden those orders ages ago and just lived for himself. Though I suppose he didn’t know how to even do that or if that was even possible.

Echidna asked if he had regrets since he might not have a chance to die, but he’s never really lived in the first place. This is his chance in 3000 years to actually live and do what he wants, not because someone programmed him to do something.

I’m glad he’s working with Echidna now. They’ve got a lot of work ahead of them, but I’m confident Leo can pull it off with the help of his friends. It’s nice that the show kind of ends on a high note. I’m definitely looking forward to this OVA. Idk if it’ll be a stand-alone or a continuation of the plot, but I feel there’s a lot of story left to tell. I’m anime only so idk how many volumes of the LN/Manga/WN there are to adapt. I really hope they renew this for another season. I’ve enjoyed this one a lot.
Jun 21, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2016
dog shit show. Like everything this season.

So she needed the stone to fix her own world? So why didn't leo just power through and steal it from the humans? He is obviously powerful enough to do it.
Jun 21, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2021
I saw this happy ending coming from a mile away and though I braced myself for disappointment, I was impressed that elements introduced in the earlier parts of the show were used to resolve the conflict regarding the program, like the entire conversation between the imp and Leo. I hope there's a S2 though I would be fine with anime as it is.
7/10

Jun 21, 2022 11:05 AM

Feb 2019
Well this was certainly an interesting premise. The show was slow at a lot of points and honestly the whole Leo fight at the end felt contrived and unnecessary just for them to get back smiling at the end. Reimeiki is way better imo. Solid 7.
Jun 21, 2022 11:11 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Leo waiting for Echidna to remove the philosopher's stone that is basically her heart but she goes back and decides to officially hire Leo
Jun 21, 2022 11:16 AM
Jun 2020
once again an anime was building up a deep dark premise go scared and decided friendship and smiles was the answer.

someday someone will kill off a main character suddenly lol.
Jun 21, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2022
"NOOO WHY DIDN'T THIS GET AN ANIME ONLY ENDING!"

Also, way to miss the entire point of the anime. Ahem.

Ikite ikite iki tsukuse!
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jun 21, 2022 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
Loved this anime a lot, thought it was pretty amazing. I liked all characters and Leo's backstory. It's kinda crazy that we had almost 3 full episodes of just a backstory, don't think I've ever seen it in a 12 episode anime... Maybe that's why anime feels like it was shorter than 12 episodes. We only got 1 episode per general (who are all amazing characters) and a bit for each during the final battle. And same with Echidna.

Saw the light novel is only 3 volumes long, kinda wanna read it.
Jun 21, 2022 11:44 AM

Mar 2022
The ending was good even if the outcome was mostly predictable but I didn't really mind the more lighthearted route they were taking.

I think it was rather hilarious to see the entire group kicking Leo while he was down, maybe they knew it would be the only chance they have before he is recovered. The conversation the generals had with Leo made it clear that they all grew close to him and appreciate the things he has done and everything he has taught them. Also the lewd handholding with Echidna infront of Julietta ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't really expect this anime to be continued but if it does I will surely watch it.

Jun 21, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2021
"i want to die, immortality is a curse i bear and i'm compelled to cause destruction during times of peace" *disables HeroSchizophrenia.ahk* "fuck everything i just said"
Jun 21, 2022 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

So she needed the stone to fix her own world? So why didn't leo just power through and steal it from the humans? He is obviously powerful enough to do it.

Because he had to follow his orders. Did you even watch it?
Words
Jun 21, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
Why anime these days missing something like one episode finished at least 25 minutes and nothing happened. Feels like I've wasted my times for nothing happened episodes. For old days anime they give you much more interest and much more epic vibe but these days too many anime become trash not like those old days. It tastes like without salt in it I expected more and got nothing. Hope you can bring more
Jun 21, 2022 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh wtf was this ?!?!? lack luster end.
Jun 21, 2022 12:13 PM
Aug 2021
SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!

Also looking forward to the light novels when they eventually get translated and published physically in the west!!
Jun 21, 2022 12:17 PM

Feb 2021
Didn't care for it in the beginning, didn't care for it in the end.

Not my type of show, or it just fell short, wasn't really interested in most episodes asides the one that told Leo's backstory.

Another EMT squared masterpiece I guess,
Jun 21, 2022 1:39 PM

Sep 2018
It was an interesting premise but in the end it just didn't deliver a compelling story.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jun 21, 2022 1:55 PM
Mar 2022
Seiya0890 said:
Extremely disappointed that there was no romance between Leo and the Demon Queen, but that was to be expected with just 1 eps left... Other than that, I guess it was decent but not worth rewatching.

Nah that would be sad
Jun 21, 2022 1:56 PM
Mar 2022
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Bro did you skip the entire anime? Holy shit your stupid
Jun 21, 2022 3:10 PM

May 2015
Bit of a shame this episode went as predicted but there wasn't really any other way it could have ended. Part of me just wanted him to rip the stone out of himself and shock everyone but somehow he still lived.

Leo is definitely one of the best MC's I've seen in anime. He's really interesting.

Leo X Echidna is something I didn't know I wanted until now lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 21, 2022 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
What a wonderful ending! I even teared up a little.

Loved this show from beginning to end, at first for the comedy and then for the more serious tone of the final part. Sad to see it go, I want to see more of these characters, I want to see where the story goes, I want more, I want a second season haha. For now I guess I'll look forward to the OVAs.

Special mention to the two ending songs, both were great and I definitely didn't expect that second song from Nao Touyama <3.

Shutina best girl!
SkyLETVJun 21, 2022 3:45 PM
Jun 21, 2022 3:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well too bad they went for the happy ending and made his whole fight feels kinda useless but that's the family friendly they needed and why they had to make it like that... even though it feels at the same level as how it first turned out with the demon army actually be peaceful, I would say the most interesting moments were the beginning for how original it felt and then the part from episode 6 to 11, too bad it had some weak/cliché moments like this ending but it's still a fine show overall. 6/10
Jun 21, 2022 4:03 PM

Aug 2021
Leon let himself lose and expected to be taken out of the core but Echidna did something else, he joined their ranks and he needs him, they do, you see he wants to live and work with them and there is a lot. A good anime the truth.

Jun 21, 2022 4:16 PM

Dec 2016
Kind of a shame for this title. It would had been an easy 8.5 for me, even by looking away at the poor animation and art most EMT shows bring to the table and appreciating the quite intriguing story and it's bright characters. But I feel that their whole choice of forcing Leo to live throws out the window the whole buildup that we've had in the last 3 episodes.

I don't say this in a way to seek for edge, but I felt that Leo had his fill in life. In 3000 years he saw empires build and crumble to the ground, heroes and villians being slain or die of old age. Even Eibrad had his own story and the history books already embelished his looks and his philosophy. I see Leo like Duncan Mcloud from the Highlander series, he was already ready to finally die after a long life of achievements, but it was all twarted in Highlander 2. Leo could had died a hero for the Mazoku race and his heart would had been a god given gift that would had provided much more resources, a better way of life for the Mazoku and also a reason for Echidna and her kind to come back to the underworld.

What's going to happen when Echidna and her friends die of old age, and leave Leo all alone again?
Jun 21, 2022 5:28 PM

May 2016
DracosAnime97 said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Bro did you skip the entire anime? Holy shit your stupid
Please enlighten me then. The show was so bad it probably did lower my IQ

oneesamabence said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Because he had to follow his orders. Did you even watch it?
I did force myself to sadly. But That doesn't explain at the end they aren't rushing over to go get it when they were all best buds. She said it was so important to save her world. instead they are partying and drinking. lmfao
Did he even take it in the LN? Or is it just stupid adventures and other boring generic bullshit. The LN has an even lower rating as well so i can only guess.
Kayle_x_MorganaJun 21, 2022 5:47 PM
Jun 21, 2022 5:39 PM

Sep 2018
Fun start, terrible second half, especially Leo's plot to end himself and the cheesy scenes that came with it. One of the rare anime where I hated the tonal shift. 5/10.
Jun 21, 2022 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Not a bad ending tbh, I was expecting it to be like that, but somehow I still enjoyed it. Of course everybody knew that Leo wasn't going to die any time soon, it was a matter of how they were going to handle it, and they did alright. And for all those shippers of Echidna and Leo, they also got a little scene almost at the end, so I guess everyone was served.

As for the anime as a whole, again and like the episode, I enjoyed it. Definitely one to pass a good chill time. Not deep but not too unserious also, which makes it good anime for casuals. But yeah that's everything.
Jun 21, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
A 3000 years old god that looks like a k-popstar with an identity crisis, a martyr complex, revenge fantasies and hero syndrome, all at once, feels abandoned by society and has to be begged to not kill himself.. aight.

This is what a covert narcissist that feels underappreciated would come up with.

Over all 5/10
Jun 21, 2022 5:43 PM

Jan 2014
Honestly a sweet ending, to a show that went from a bit weird, to very wholesome, and something that you wished to root for. Going to miss it that is for sure.
Jun 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
What a trashy show, dear lord, it had such promise at the start... What was even the point of getting to know everyone if he just wanted them to kill him? So much time in attempts to develop the characters only to throw all that away and not use it at all, not show any growth, for the hero's conflict that came down to self convincing which took three seconds to disable after being told to. Such trashy nonsensical writing all over its making my head hurt
Jun 21, 2022 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Why would he even need to steal it, he's shown to be able to MAKE them at will lol (he replicated the demonheart project and then destroyed it before using it)
Jun 21, 2022 7:22 PM
May 2017
Anticlimactic. Anti-heroic. Anti-romantic.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Oct 2012
so is the end or is there a s2? cuz I see the ln ended in 2018. is this a full adaptation then? no romance?
Jun 21, 2022 7:38 PM

May 2022
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Congratulations! Upon closer inspection of this comment and several others under your account I have concluded that you are as insufferable as they come. Oh but do carry on, I wont keep you! I am sure you keep a very tight schedule what with all the trash talking you have to do! I bet its what keeps you sane and helps you sleep at night!

Friendly reminder to all the sensible folks on this forum; Please do not feed the trolls. Sensible folks you say? I know right.. we actually exist here, crazy huh?
LordKirkisJun 21, 2022 7:47 PM
Jun 21, 2022 7:52 PM

May 2016
LordKirkis said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Congratulations! Upon closer inspection of this comment and several others under your account I have concluded that you are as insufferable as they come. Oh but do carry on, I wont keep you! I am sure you keep a very tight schedule what with all the trash talking you have to do! I bet its what keeps you sane and helps you sleep at night!

Friendly reminder to all the sensible folks on this forum; Please do not feed the trolls. Sensible folks you say? I know right.. we actually exist here, crazy huh?
3 post account.
Why do all the shittiest troll members have alts? Perm ban I assume.

And the score of the show has gone down since episode 12 released btw.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

77 by vkopuzoglu »»
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

70 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2022

84 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 1, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.