Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 10, 2021 10:08 PM

Mar 2020
best episode so far imo holy shit that was so heartwarming
Jun 11, 2021 11:01 PM

Mar 2019
I was strongly holding my tears watching that Kyou vs Father scene, but right after that, the phone call from Machi and Yuki running to meet her just made me cry since I love these two so much and wanted to see more of it.

Just so I laughed hard at Tooru running away from Kyou.

Another awesome episode. Every time I think this cannot get any better, it does. Deserved top 10.

Edit: Forgot to post the cutest scene from this episode:

Precious
HayuumeJun 11, 2021 11:08 PM
Jun 14, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Fruits Basket, hitting at our emotions since spring 2019.
Another great episode.

It was hard watching the scene with Kyo's father. What an unpleasant man.

Tohru running away from Kyo was hilarious. I wasn't expecting that.

Jun 14, 2021 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
Kyou's dad is actually a nasty character, not Akito. Ridiculously pathetic.

Loved the ending hahaha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
Is it me or the voice of Yuki and Kyo sounds very different in that episoode?
Maybe because they act very mature here.

Oh, and I also want to mention - omg, I am so glad that Yuki and Kyo had finally spoken to each other - like for real, like how they really felt toward each other. It was what they needed to do, what they needed to first grow up to do.

MiyokiJun 21, 2021 1:34 PM
Jun 26, 2021 6:32 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Wholeheartedly loved this episode, such a great mix of emotions, so well handled.

Funny ending.
Jun 27, 2021 9:15 PM

May 2020
Kyou's father makes me so angry man

And Yukiii
Jun 30, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2019
Rage Yuki is always best Yuki.

Add, "Damn it, I'm faster than you!" to the list of surprisingly romantic lines.
Jun 30, 2021 8:34 PM
Jun 2021
Criticiza said:

Yuki’s bro talk was real as fuck and it’s hard admitting that you’re not good enough for someone especially someone as close as tohru who was with the trio pretty much the entire year, but that finally snapped kyo out of his delusions that he doesn’t need to be a superhero, her just needs to make the bundle of joys life a bit brighter.

Yuki really helps kyo to make a move on tohru, and i love him for that. For the first 2 seasons, i really shipped yukixtohru but after the season 3 aired and with yukixmachi scenes, i finally began shipping them too.
Jul 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was so fucking depressing but then I got to see how Akito is changing, I'm liking her a bit more now since Tohru has changed her. Still haven't forgiven her entirely for what she did, especially to Rin but she is redeeming herself in some way. She won't ever be absolved for all the wrong things she has done but I respect her for taking responsibility and using her power as the head in a good way.

Also, was going to be depressed until Machi called. She truly is an angel and that scene of Tohru running away with Kyo chasing after her. lol plus Arisa and Hana cracking jokes made it even better.
臭い-
Jul 6, 2021 7:05 PM
Jan 2021
I loved the ending lol I loved how she ran away
Jul 10, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2018
Pathetic father. Kyo and his mother deserved better.
Jul 10, 2021 7:24 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This was a nice episode although the confrontation with Kyo's father was so bad. At least, my boi Kyo is starting to accept himself.

4/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 12, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
It finally happened, after long waiting Kyo and Yuki finally managed to talk it out through their fists and their words!

I couldn't hold my laughter at the end with Tohru going full Usain Bolt the other direction lol.

Dec 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
I really am disappointed that we didn't get more of the school life and only get the most-important parts of the series but I enjoyed this episode anyway.

Akito confessing her sins to someone she hasn't met (in anime, I think 🤔) was really surprising. Good job Akito!

Arisa confronting her feelings again for Kureno, such a wonderful development!

The other two idiots fighting each other while the two idiots, especially Haru ignored the two above them. That was hilarious. Kyou and Yuki's confession was such a thrill to watch!

Kisa's character especially her VA/CV was really something I'm fond of. Hiro is so weak against her, lol.

Yuki wanting or should I see needing to see Machi was very relaxing. Go boy!

Kyou confronting his scumbag of a dad finally gave us some insights how what really transpired.

Akito again finally destroying that house, this is the turning point for her!

And finally, Tohru seriously went off somewhere after she saw Kyou... That was funny!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 25, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 2007
kyo's father is sick, we got strict answer for one of the anime weird question of kyo's mother.

lol that and xD

oh and yuki was the man here.
Mar 4, 2022 7:16 PM

Nov 2015
Yuki and Kyo finally came clean with each other :)

So Kyo's dad was the reason his mom died!! I'm so glad Kyo kept his composture back then. And Akito doesn't want to lock him up in the cottage anymore, that's great!!

I laughed so much when Tohru ran at the end, hahaha!
Apr 4, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2021
I should already be used to it but I loved how goofy Tohru's running animation was.

Jun 18, 2022 2:04 AM
Dec 2020
Yuki and Kyo finally figured it out.
Kyo's dad is like how Kyo was, I guess that's what makes them family
Aug 13, 2022 2:45 AM
Jun 2022
I really didn't like watching Yuki and Kyou fight it out like they did, just because Yuki is always so calm, yet in the fight her was just so angry and loud. But that fight really needed to happen, because some much needed sense was knocked into Kyou.

Kyou was also so strong and brave to be able to stand up to his father like that. Kyou's father is obviously a really awful man who has a lot bottled up inside of him which is making him sick, therefore putting a blame on Kyou that he really doesn't deserve.

And Akito is really starting to turn a corner and become a better person.
Aug 20, 2022 5:17 AM

Jul 2016
CallMeAnything said:
I loved the ending lol I loved how she ran away

Was a great scene. Loved it.
Sep 20, 2022 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Shigure crying about his house even though he's instigated everything, sir.

Yuki gave Kyo a much needed reality check and pushed him out of his own head. Kyo's dad guilt trip Kyo so much that he forgot that his dad is the one who caused his mom's death.

Hiro and Kisa's conversation & Yuki running to Machi was so sweet. Tohru running after she saw Kyo caught me off-guard and made me laugh.
Nov 15, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2019
Both heart-warming and heart-wrenching in admirable ways
Jan 30, 2023 2:24 PM

Jul 2022
Having irritated eyes, tears coming out from time to time, lump in the throat so that in the end I laugh at how Tooru runs away xDDDD

May 13, 2023 5:04 AM
Apr 2020
ajhahahaha
I loved the final scene ahahah kyo running after her saying he runs faster... this anime has always managed to combine humor with romance in a very lovely way :) i will miss this
Dec 17, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2018
The big clash showdown between Yuki and Kyo finally happened! They have been teasing this ever since the anime started, and it's here,Yuki and Kyo were finally honest with each other about how they feel, how Yuki wanted to be like Kyo, and Kyo like Yuki. Ironic enough, Kyo was the one that took the iniciative, which is something Yuki always looked up on Kyo, how he was always able to overcome his hardships and try to make changes and be open about that. I think this discussion was really important for each other, for them to understand they have to accept themselves as who they are. And with that, each one of them got to know each one better. Kyo understood that he is important to Tohru, just like she is important to him, and Yuki understood his feeling for Macchi.

Of course Fruits Basket couldn't be so bubly happy, and so we see Kyo's father being the worst father ever, and wanting his own son locked away, for his fathers mistakes. I think this episode was important for Kyo and for us (viewers) to understand that the reason why Kyo's mother was depressed wasn't even Kyo, but instead Kyo's father, that always blamed her for giving birth to the Cat Zodiac Member, like she made some kind of choice to begin with. And that's why she always treated Kyo the way she did, she was worried about what his father would say, and not because of Kyo was. I personally never thought about it that way, but it makes sense now, and I'm glad Kyo caught on that too. If there's one responsible for his mother's death, it's his own father, that treated them both so badly. That man needs a hospital now. I'm curious to see what Akito will say to him.

Talking about Akito, wow, she really is redeeming herself. First of all, she is not locking the cat away anymore (something good needed to happen in Kyo's life at this point). And then she aknowledge the mistakes she has done, and apologized for them, especially to Arisa, that has a love interest in Kureno, the man Akito almost killed. I'm still a bit confused on why everyone is brushing away what Akito did so easily and not making her accountable for her acts. Kureno literally says he needs to get away, because he doesn't want to torture Akito by showing to her everyday what she did to him. Like the man lost his mobility in the leg (I suppose, because in the ending he's also seen using a crutch), and everyone is like "Who never stabbed a loyal friend?". But I'm liking Akito's character development! She's actually tolerable now!

To end the episode off, we got this funny and sweet scene with Kyo and Tohru, were Tohru runs away from Kyo, due to how shy she is about their relationship, it's so cute! And the way he just goes after her, GOALS. For real, this scene was so WHOLESOME!
Tohru and Kyo best pairing, no one can tell me otherwise.
Excited to see more of this relationship and to see Yuki confessing (maybe?) to Macchi! Fruits Basket is so good, and I'm so sad it's getting to an end so soon! Only 3 more episode to go!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

319 by Prupel1 »»
Jun 7, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tellatez - Mar 13, 2021

153 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jun 6, 5:47 PM

Poll: » BEST Theme Song

Rinkahai - Jul 3, 2021

8 by Doc101 »»
May 30, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.