Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 5, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
Revengers....ASSEMBLE!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 5, 2021 3:19 PM
Jan 2021
Draken better be okay!!!!!!!
Jun 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
Really, 3 minutes spent just for the recap? This episode's pacing felt oddly slow, I guess they really wanted to end at that cliffhanger. Well at least the animation improved from previous episodes and the fights were actually pretty decent. And all of my favorite captains made their appearances this episode, hype!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 5, 2021 3:31 PM

Aug 2020
Ahh.. Takemitchy still couldn't change the fate of Draken... If he really dies then I'm scared everyone will loose faith and go ballistic, Mikey probably will.
Jun 5, 2021 3:39 PM
May 2020
my heart is pumping with what's going on
Jun 5, 2021 3:41 PM
Apr 2020
God, what a useless brat Takemichi is.
But if we forget this and trying to fund a login on why some stuff happens (as everybody reaching the parking lot or Moevius not fighitng Draken al together) the episode was very nice
Jun 5, 2021 4:03 PM
Aug 2019
great episode, but BRUH, almost 4 minutes of recap plus the opening? that's a little too much
Jun 5, 2021 4:04 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
They fr got to start consider bringing better weapons than bats.

They were seriously about to fight 4v100 bare handed (again).
Jun 5, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. Loved seeing this conflict and some more introductions of other characters like Smiley, Angry, and Baji. Looking forward to the next few episodes.
Jun 5, 2021 4:20 PM
Sep 2016
Takemitchi is seriously getting on my nerves now…. No actual character development so far…. All talk no action. Probably the weakest character so far in any anime I have ever seen.

PS. By weakest character I dont mean weakest by strength (although thats true as well).
His ability is literally “Crying” :/
Jun 5, 2021 4:36 PM
May 2021
I really love that they introduce more character in this episode..everyone looks so cool...but takemichi kinda useless in this episode though
Jun 5, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2018
idk man was it really that hard to stay close to draken takimitchy

that new temp guy leading moebius looks tough and kinda cool and all of the manji captains they looks badass

mikey and peh moment was like paying homage to whitebeard and squard kinda

that stab looks serious idk man im still not sure wasn't it was takimitchys priority to protect draken or stop kiyomiasa but im still not convinced on how they did it idk maybe it was better in the manga?
Jun 5, 2021 5:37 PM

May 2015
Pulling my hair out because of this MC. His lack of influence on the events that he's in a position to control is infuriating. He may as well not be there. Has things he needs to do but is so incompetent that he ends up grovelling on the ground and once again fading into irrelevancy. Total spectator. I look forward to the day when the plot revolving around the MC returning to his eventful youth to change the past is actually justified by progression on his part...
Jun 5, 2021 5:50 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I didn't like the mini recap at the beginning of the episode so I fast forward through all that. Looks like Takamichi's plans to protect Draken goes up in smoke as Draken ends up getting stabbed by Kiyomasa. Takamichi needs to realize that if you want to protect someone you need to learn how to fight or at least know how to defend yourself. It bothers me that Takemichi has been around Toman and yet no one has taught him how to fight. How did Takemichi end up joining Toman in the first place? He's not cut out for this gang shit.

I mean, he might as well just sit back and watch them fight instead of getting involved in violent situations otherwise Takemichi is going to get himself killed.
AddaeAkonoJun 5, 2021 5:54 PM
Jun 5, 2021 6:03 PM

May 2018
Recap was unnecessary, animation was trash and this fucking guy takemitchy...how the fuck did you lose someone for so fucking long and then sit still for like 2 minutes straight thinking about how you need to save him lmaoooo. He could have easily found him by then.

People out here really surprised me with them thinking draken is dead, i mean it’s a shounen, when the mc says he is gonna save someone then that’s most likely gonna happen.

The story seems kinda fun so am probably gonna pick up the manga since the animation and censorship are on my nerves every episode.
Jun 5, 2021 6:13 PM

Feb 2017
how tf did takemichi NOT find draken?????? like cmon man

placeholder text
Jun 5, 2021 6:26 PM
May 2020
Takemichi why are you so slow!!! 😩😩 He is getting me heated!! Also the introduction to the other members was cool. More eye candy. But come on Takemichi please actually use your intel to improve the situation not let it play out then try to find a solution. I get it you want to live your life that you weren’t able to do in the past but we are talking about life and death. It is driving me nuts!
Jun 5, 2021 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
Oh shit Kiyomasa successfully stabbed Draken. If he's actually dead for real, then it looks like Takemichi failed his mission.
thebrentinator24Jun 5, 2021 6:40 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
great ep and all but man does the MC just seem like he's never doing much of anything to stop things from happening

i mean its only ep 9 and still super early so im sure things will change with him soon enough but atm when im watching im just like damn why is it that he just stands around a lot just letting shit happen

but this ep was still good just had to say that though about the MC

but now i wonder since the thing he was trying to stop happened does that mean he'll be able to pick points to go back in time now?

with that said am looking forward to next ep

and also did we really need a 3min recap? hopefully it wont be doing that often
"one step at a time"
Jun 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Feb 2021
Takemitchy is devasted because he cant change anything even with him traveling back and forth thru timel.
Jun 5, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
im starting to hate takemichi hes not my mc idiot didnt tell a soul that kiyomasa planning to stab draken
Jun 5, 2021 7:51 PM

Jul 2019
Yo, Takemichi is the most useless MC in this show. Come on man, at least do something! My tolerance for him is running low. Like, how can he be complaining and crying but he can't do shit!?

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 5, 2021 7:53 PM
May 2019
COULD TAKEMICHI GONE FROM STORY???

i really hate him, he does nothing, he cant fight, cant think, cant do any shit, he just a side character but we stuck with his perspective

Stein Gate and Re:Zero struggle still better than this, if MC cant fight at least tell us how they struggle, not just being useless like Takemichi.

i disappointed this series isnt like Crows about school gang, but then know its about biker gang with school kids member, gosh why no one make a cool story about school brawl like Crows anymore, is fight between schooler is banned but fight between biker is allowed in Japan?
Jun 5, 2021 9:30 PM
Mar 2021
Another great episode. Hanma's debuted, he blocked Mikey's kick. I'm addicted to Smiley's voice. Looking forward to the next episode, hoping Draken is still alive.
Jun 5, 2021 9:44 PM
Dec 2008
Why does it seem so hard for people to understand that Takemichi is at a size, age, strength, and fighting experience deficit compared to everyone around him? This isn't something he could instantly change even if he wanted to. Learning how to be truly good at fighting takes years and so does building the strength needed to land devastating blows. Maybe it's just because I have years of training in mixed martial arts and have done plenty of fighting myself that I understand that what people are looking for (him to become some sort of superhero and save the day) just isn't possible. This show is grounded in reality (minus the time travel aspect of course), it isn't MHA where the "hero" is gifted superpowers.

I can however agree that it is odd he so quickly lost sight of Draken during the fight. Not sure even if he was there through what he would be able to do. I think if he was he would likely just end up getting stabbed himself.

Hoping maybe Takemichi is able to help in other ways like maybe remembering the number to call for an ambulance and putting pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding.
GritoitJun 5, 2021 9:50 PM
Jun 5, 2021 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
Gritoit said:
Why does it seem so hard for people to understand that Takemichi is at a size, age, strength, and fighting experience deficit compared to everyone around him? This isn't something he could instantly change even if he wanted to. Learning how to be truly good at fighting takes years and so does building the strength needed to land devastating blows. Maybe it's just because I have years of training in mixed martial arts and have done plenty of fighting myself that I understand that what people are looking for (him to become some sort of superhero and save the day) just isn't possible. This show is grounded in reality (minus the time travel aspect of course), it isn't MHA where the "hero" is gifted superpowers.

BS, we are talking about school kids here, not MMA fighters
Jun 5, 2021 10:02 PM

Feb 2014
So the brawl starts. And finally Baji-san is here with explosiveness. Fight till the last man.
Also Takemitchy needs to man up and take his chances.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 5, 2021 10:17 PM
Dec 2008
Mayros said:

BS, we are talking about school kids here, not MMA fighters

BS we are talking about kids who have been likely at least street fighting for most of their teenage years vs a sheltered school kid who has never won a fight in his life.

Hell Mikey and Draken started fighting people in Elementry school if I am remembering correctly. It isn't far-fetched to think many of the other members did too.
GritoitJun 5, 2021 10:22 PM
Jun 5, 2021 11:29 PM
Mar 2021
RIP Draken may be rest in peace
Jun 5, 2021 11:41 PM
Apr 2021
I'm sorry if this offends someone...but the scene with mikey and the dude who betrayed them was poorer version of whitebeard during marine Ford. I just remembered that and I was like ya okay...then draken, the only guy I care about is dead. Takemitchy had plenty of time to tell others about the stabbing guy, especially the cool guy whom he met before the fight and they even spent quite a time searching draken...I mean he knows the stabber and his plans..and he just stood there....I really started enjoying this after I ignored the time travel stuffs...and now this happens
I'm not trying to hate. I was looking forward to this anime and I'm just disappointed. So yes...it is going downhill. Sorry if this offends someone.
Jun 6, 2021 12:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow. They brought me some real gang brawl between Moebius and Toman. A lot of important side characters from Toman got a little time of actions, busting all of their enemies on their own ways. Peh revealed on their side, simply frustated about whats goin on to his soulmate. But the talk within him and Mikey really touchy, tho.

The temporary commander of Moebius looked solid, being faster enough to stop Mikey straight-to-the-neck kick, was an achievement, to say the least. I expect him to get more serious by challenging Mikey again or meeting another big guy from Toman. But, lets say its over. Cause, un-fuckin-turnately, Takemichi failed to do his one job. Damn, man, was he really died like that? its suck, man, ngl.

I dunno what drama will happening next, or, you know, it must be hard to be Takemichi on that point. He might've been the one to be blamed, tho. So, yeah, lets see how well he respond toward those critical point that lead him into a possible future failure, he wished for. Seriously, Takemichi, squeezed your brain more hard, in order to get you out of that deadlock....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 6, 2021 12:21 AM
Jul 2020
Ik I shoudnt but can someone pls tell me (manga reader),at the end of the ep. Does Draken###? Pls DM me for giving no spoilers for others.😥
Jun 6, 2021 12:32 AM
Jan 2021
this shot looked cool
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jun 6, 2021 1:37 AM
Nov 2019
Can't believe Mikey actually took Takemichi's words, wow i thought he'd left it
Jun 6, 2021 2:43 AM

Nov 2012
I thought this was the episode where Takemichi would grow a pair, but nope. He had one job, just one, and he failed. Worst time traveler ever! All he had to do was take higher ground to find Draken, but nooo he weaves in and out yelling "Draken-kun." Was somebody suppose to stop and answer? The least he could've done was pick up a bat and cracked some skulls as he went along. Technically, he's the oldest out there. Why is he the dumbest. Takemichi, Japanese for totally useless.
Jun 6, 2021 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
phantomfandom said:
Still amazed me how every episode seems very short to me. Takemichi needs to step up his game, his good intention alone is not gonna save anyone, even he can't save himself!

It's nice to see many captains and their fighting style. Though I prefer the term "make love, not war". And to my surprised I haven't see any doujinshi of Tokyo Revengers yet.

Thought it was just me. I'm always checking the video time because each episode feels short.

No doujinshi? That is surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if one about Peh and Pa-chin pops up. Peh seems to love himself some Pa-chin.
Jun 6, 2021 3:34 AM

Oct 2008
ah! farg it! Takemitchy was too late!
All-out brawl was chaotic!!!
5/5.

Jun 6, 2021 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
koboss said:
I was really surprised when Kiyomasa actually got away with it, a little annoyed at Takemichi for just standing around and doing nothing.

Hopefully by be8ng there though he can get Draken to hospitl.
Jun 6, 2021 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
the mc is totally loser and just can talk big mouth only ...
i hate typical this loser mc !!
Jun 6, 2021 5:48 AM

May 2018
Welp, rip Draken-kun. Also, after watching the uncensored (Japanese distributed) version I think that you are truly missing out on the experience if ur not watching the uncensored
Jun 6, 2021 6:06 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Draken is definitely my favorite character in the show, I hope he ain't dead yet. I think he isn't dead... at least not yet, unlike before Takemichi probably wasn't there in that timeline, but since Takemichi is here, he can call for medical help or something. Still, Takemichi is pretty hard to watch. Mikey's entrance and when they all charged towards each other was dope though.
Jun 6, 2021 6:25 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Mitsuya ♡_________♡ Matsuoka Yoshitsugu’s voice really suits him!!!!

And the other Toman members appear, I love their character designs! Can’t wait to see more of them. For anyone wondering if there was censorship this episode, yes the symbol was shown a lot. I would suggest to stop watching the censored version it really takes a lot away from it. Uncensored versions are readily available & even on YouTube if Muse Asia is available in your region (SEA I heard)

Mikey is such a great leader, that made me tear up a little. The way he let Peh punch him, vent his anger, and even asked him to come back to Toman. Maybe I wasn’t completely convinced previously why this teenager was even worthy to be Toman’s leader, but now I am (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Oh no Draken!!!!!!!! Anything but that he’d better not b dead that’s best boiiii

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 6, 2021 6:35 AM

Jul 2016
how is takemicchi so useless ,literally could only find draken after he got stabbed, how did that even happen tho

god i hope that like , since takemicchi found him, he can take him to a hospital or smth

rektatron said:
YummaR said:
Useless MC i ever see

MC feels like a supporting character while the secondary ones are the main. i like the idea

literally how it feels, no cap

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Jun 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Takemitchy couldn't prevent Draken from being stabbed... *screams* he better at least get Draken to the hospital. Otherwise... RIP.

It was cool seeing other leaders of Toman (Baji has some pretty hair owo). Though it sucks our boy didn't really achieve anything this episode.
Jun 6, 2021 9:11 AM
Apr 2021
I liked it... How they bought mikey and other toman members and we had a glimpse of they captains.. And they again stopped at a cliff hanger... Man I can't wait to see the next episode I want draken to live.....
Jun 6, 2021 9:19 AM

Nov 2018
BEST BOI CHIFUYU SPOTTED

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jun 6, 2021 9:31 AM

Jun 2019
He has one fucking job and he can’t even do that.

He’s too busy wallowing in self-pity and showing no sense of urgency. I get that he is weak. But even so, he should have been running around looking for Draken during the fight instead of feeling sorry for himself and walking around shouting his name (you know, because doing that might distract someone in a fight).

The fight was better than I expected given this is made by LIDENFILMS, but I still wouldn’t call it good. Just respectable enough.
Jun 6, 2021 10:23 AM

Dec 2020
YOOO HANMA AND THE OTHER TOMAN SQUAD CAPTAINS + VICE CAPS!!! glad to see them get screen time before their own "arcs"(?) didnt know hakkai's hair was blue tho wtf lol scene with mikey and peh-yan was nicely done too
Jun 6, 2021 10:56 AM
Aug 2020
Wait. People unironically enjoy this show? XD
Jun 6, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2020
I loved this episode, I got hyped up. But one thing i don't understand is why Takemichi literally didn't tell Draken abt the assasination, cuz then IDK, the guy could be wary of that. The traitors within the gang had a perfect chance to kill during this fight too, so even more reason to tell draken.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

344 by Old_wallister »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

252 by AeonHeals »»
Aug 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

113 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

129 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

207 by SanessyAdversary »»
Aug 11, 6:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.