Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 6, 2021 2:22 AM

Mar 2015
I am only giving 10s to my favorites. It's just that there's many anime I consider to be my favorites.
May 6, 2021 2:30 AM

Aug 2020
Here is the thing. A show to give 10/10 means that it's a show that I really enjoy, more then the 9's and the 8's I give out. I rate mostly on enjoyment, but other factors do include in my scores, but there is just SO MUCH GOOD ANIME OUT THERE.

If you have an optimistic attitude to watching anime (which I do), you'll enjoy it more then if you are actively out there trying to find plot holes and lack of character development, etc. Sometimes those things are noticeable, that's why I give shows lower ratings (like 9's or 8's), but in the end, anime is amazing.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 6, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 2020
10/10 is the best anime for me that it touched me personally and really, really enjoyed my time watching it. I have given a lot of 7s, a few 8s and a 9s here and there but there is only one anime that i have given a 10/10 and its Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name).
May 6, 2021 2:41 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
There's only 10 ratings so there's naturaly going to be decent variation within each rating. There's a big difference between my favourite and a low end 10 but I still think they deserve a 10 and changing anything would sacrifice accuracy elsewhere.
May 6, 2021 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe dudes just enjoy the hell outta whatever they're watching.
May 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Sep 2017
cchigu said:
I personally can't fathom the idea of giving anime other than my absolute favorites 10s. Shouldn't 10/10 your ultimate standard?
Because why would I rate anime a 9 if it deserves a 10?
May 6, 2021 2:47 AM

Jan 2013
Judevin said:
Because I rate based on enjoyment. If I enjoyed something, it's an easy 10.
This statement and your profile don't exactly match up, you made it sound like a show you enjoyed was good enough to get a 10.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 6, 2021 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Roevhaal said:
There's only 10 ratings so there's naturaly going to be decent variation within each rating. There's a big difference between my favourite and a low end 10 but I still think they deserve a 10 and changing anything would sacrifice accuracy elsewhere.
Wait, why are you pretending like your ratings aren't just a complete troll? lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 6, 2021 2:49 AM

Jan 2013
What's wrong OP, did you see a couple users with a whole bunch of 10's? It's not common at all for most people to have that many 10's in their rating distribution.
May 6, 2021 2:56 AM

Apr 2019
Spamming the 10 bucket is like giving every kid in the class an A. It does a disservice to the best ones.

There are 10 rating buckets and you are unnecessarily constraining yourself if you dont use utilise all of them.
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
May 6, 2021 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
-rojazu- said:
Spamming the 10 bucket is like giving every kid in the class an A. It does a disservice to the best ones.

There are 10 rating buckets and you are unnecessarily constraining yourself if you dont use utilise all of them.
Personally, I don't watch bad shows, so it's more like 5 for me, with a few exceptions here and there.
May 6, 2021 3:39 AM

Jul 2019
Because I just happen to like lots of anime quite a bit. And a score of 10 is the only thing I could give them if I just fell in love with them. For me it was never the score that I give few and far between.
May 6, 2021 3:55 AM

Nov 2019
Things change with time, but there are also those time-proof.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 6, 2021 4:05 AM
Aug 2020
I rate the animes that I personally love and enjoyed all the way a 10/10. If the opening/ending is a banger, made me love the characters, and made me feel something that other animes can't.
May 6, 2021 4:37 AM

Apr 2019
LostSpectre said:
-rojazu- said:

Personally, I don't watch bad shows, so it's more like 5 for me, with a few exceptions here and there.

I have written my thoughts on this topic in my Profile under "Ratings". Essentially, I think MALs linguistic classification of anime means that people end up only using 5-6 buckets when they should use all 10. Part of the problem is that the jump from "Average" to "Bad" is just one bucket. Good is too high up as well. If they named a 2 lets say, as Bad; then that might encourage people to differentiate a bit more. I personally have a hard time dropping 600 titles into 5-6 buckets, even 10 is still a bit coarse in my opinion but it helped when I did so.
-rojazu-May 6, 2021 7:24 AM
May 6, 2021 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
If I score it 10/10 it's one of my favorites, but not really... I still give some stuffs a 10/10 even though it's not my favorite it's because I enjoy it completely.
May 6, 2021 5:26 AM

May 2021

because im nice and if i enjoy it, it is close to being my favorite, or it is one of my favs, or it made me cry, i give it a 10/10
May 6, 2021 6:28 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
NextUniverse said:
I found Jesus gg.

What else should I do with my list lol?
Probably delete it since it is fucking shit, gg :)
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 6, 2021 6:29 AM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
simple answer, i don't give 10s out in general lol.

✧ forum set by the loml, toria <3 ✧
May 6, 2021 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
-rojazu- said:
LostSpectre said:

I have written my thoughts on this topic in my Profile under "Ratings". Essentially, I think MALs linguistic classification of anime means that people end up only using 5-6 buckets when they should use all 10. Part of the problem is that the jump from "Average" to "Bad" is just one bucket. Good is too high up as well. If they named a 2 lets say, as Bad; then that might encourage people to differentiate a bit more. I personally have a hard time dropping 600 titles into 5-6 buckets, even 10 is still a bit coarse in my opinion but it helped when I did so.
If I watched 600 shows (500 or so being full length series) then perhaps I would have more bad shows mixed in as well, but I'm not picking shows out of a hat, I watch things that are higher rated, and that I am likely to personally enjoy. That's why my average is around a 7, because the average show I watch is "good". There's probably a huge difference between me and someone who just watches every seasonal show.
May 6, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2019
LostSpectre said:
-rojazu- said:

If I watched 600 shows (500 or so being full length series) then perhaps I would have more bad shows mixed in as well, but I'm not picking shows out of a hat, I watch things that are higher rated, and that I am likely to personally enjoy. That's why my average is around a 7, because the average show I watch is "good". There's probably a huge difference between me and someone who just watches every seasonal show.

Thats fair enough. I went on mission to watch the top 250 of MAL (+ many others) and so I have plenty of animes that I would consider legitimately bad mixed in. I also dont drop, so thats another factor. Still my point is the same - regardless of how one internally justifies not utilising the full 10 point scale is incidental to the fact that it isnt being used. One step towards freeing myself from the self imposed constraint in my mind was to abandon the linguistic descriptions that MAL suggests for each bucket.
May 6, 2021 9:20 AM

Sep 2020
I got eighteen 10/10s

me likey the animu genre
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
May 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
If a season doesn't have at least 5 10/10's then it was a bad one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Dec 2015
They either don't know the real meaning of a 10/10 score, or they simply never had an experience that we could consider "life changing" with anime. But it's a shame no matter what.
May 6, 2021 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
I don't give out 10s that easily but 8 and 9s are pretty common from me. The simple fact is that I watch Anime for enjoyment more than anything. If I enjoyed it well enough and I didn't feel it had grating issues then I give it an easy 7-8 at the least.

For me, anything below a 7 is harsh criticism and I'm pretty generous lol An Anime would have to be mind numbing or rage-inducing bad in some aspects for me to have the guts to put that rating on it.
May 6, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2019
I have rated 805 anime and have given 12 shows a 10/10 so far. So I wouldn't necessarily put myself into the category of those who give out 10/10s easily.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
May 6, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2019
i'd say i give a 9 to a show i really enjoyed and 10 to shows that made me really care for the characters or made me feel certain feelings, for example for hunter x hunter while the whole anime is like a 9 the cimera ant made me feel genuine concern for gon and kilua and i guess some kind of fear feeling that i really didn't know how are they going to win or get out of the whole situation.
May 6, 2021 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
I only give 10s to my absolute favourites. Hence why I have 4 anime 10/10s and 3 manga 10/10s.
May 6, 2021 11:05 AM

Dec 2018
Because there's a lot of anime I really like. The thing I can't understand is the people who think 10 is some holy ranking that only near-perfect anime fall into. If I think an anime is worth remembering, I'll give it a 10
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
May 6, 2021 11:17 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
LostSpectre said:
Roevhaal said:
Wait, why are you pretending like your ratings aren't just a complete troll? lol
to me your ratings are the incomprehensible troll ones.
May 6, 2021 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
because good things are good it’s simple as that
May 6, 2021 11:43 AM

Jul 2020
If we're being technical, I score 10's every 23 animes which is pretty often. I have 5 10's and have watched 115 anime including sequels.

The thing is, not all my favourites are 10's.

Favourites for me are anime's that I really enjoyed and are memorable, but 10's are anime's that actually impacted me.

I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
May 6, 2021 11:52 AM

Oct 2019
Because I enjoy everything and the enjoyment contributes to my ratings
May 6, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Roevhaal said:
LostSpectre said:
At least you play your part to the bitter end, I can respect a dedicated troll.
May 6, 2021 11:56 AM
Aug 2020
I tend to give it to something that I both really enjoyed and consider to be objectively great, or they are my childhood favorite shows and have a special place in my heart. It has to be something I would gladly rewatch and usually something I don't have too many issues with. However it's not something that special for me I've seen like 180 series and I gave like 14 10/10s
May 6, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2017
Personally, I don't. Don't know where you get the idea that people give out 10s easily from.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
May 6, 2021 12:04 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
LostSpectre said:
Roevhaal said:
Well okay then you ignorant fucktard
May 6, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
Roevhaal said:
LostSpectre said:
That seems awfully aggressive, playing dumb isn't really cute or interesting, your scores speak for themselves.
May 6, 2021 12:07 PM

Dec 2020
I don't think it devalues it that much, since I don't think scores have much value to begin with.
They're just numbers next to anime on your list, they can't possibly describe your opinion accurately.
May 6, 2021 12:09 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Im_Stuff said:
Because there's a lot of anime I really like. The thing I can't understand is the people who think 10 is some holy ranking that only near-perfect anime fall into. If I think an anime is worth remembering, I'll give it a 10
No, not me. I believe that a 10 is simply the anime I think is the best. And it doesn't necessarily mean that it is without flaws. It just means that it is better than the rest.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 6, 2021 12:27 PM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
As of current I only have four 10/10s, although I've been considering increasing Chunibyo and Diamond is Unbreakable from a 9 to a 10...
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
May 6, 2021 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
In my opinion only my Top 10 Anime should have a 10/10 scores
May 6, 2021 12:36 PM

Dec 2020
The 10 that I gave out too easily was the Demon Slayer movie. I absolutely loved it, but I feel like 10s shouldn't be given out that easily.
But in the end, I gave it a ten because I loved it.

May 6, 2021 12:37 PM

Jan 2020
I haven't watched too much anime to give out many 10's but I've seen videos of people giving every god damn anime a 10
May 6, 2021 12:37 PM
Sep 2019
i give 10s to series that i'd easily consider to be one of my personal favorites. like my life wouldn't be the same if i hadn't seen it. i tend to be a pretty positive person, so i have quite a few of them lol
literal commie
May 6, 2021 12:41 PM
Aug 2018
I agree with you that 3-gatsu no lion is basically the only thing that deserves a 10.
May 6, 2021 12:42 PM

Dec 2016
If I enjoy something, then it means it's worth my time. If It's worth my time, then hell if imma score it high.

I'm not a critic nor a pro weeb or smth like that. I WANT to enjoy anime, so I'm not searching the bad parts nor the plot holes whenever I'm watching anime. That's why i give 10's so easily.

The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.

If u hate monogatari, u are just dumb
May 6, 2021 12:45 PM

Oct 2019
I only have 1 10/10... also only 1 9/10, I don't like to hand out 10's or 9's too easily haha
signature under construction lol
May 6, 2021 12:47 PM
Apr 2021
LostSpectre said:
Roevhaal said:
That seems awfully aggressive, playing dumb isn't really cute or interesting, your scores speak for themselves.

I don't think having a particular score distribution means that one is trolling. There are multiple reasons why one might have an unusual score distribution:

- Maybe I only list the shows on MAL that I either really loved or hated.
- Maybe I have a different scoring system than the one that most people use.
- Maybe I just have really unusual tastes.

And so on.

I agree that his insults were uncalled for though.
May 6, 2021 12:49 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
dan918 said:
I agree with you that 3-gatsu no lion is basically the only thing that deserves a 10.
Welp, at least from what I have watched until now, it is clearly the best show.

skapito said:
If I enjoy something, then it means it's worth my time. If It's worth my time, then hell if imma score it high.

I'm not a critic nor a pro weeb or smth like that. I WANT to enjoy anime, so I'm not searching the bad parts nor the plot holes whenever I'm watching anime. That's why i give 10's so easily.
Well, I am EXACTLY like you in this. I don't criticize anime for superficial things that self-proclaimed critics on this site do. But still, a matter of "10/10" is beyond the case of a show that can be simply labeled as "a good show", to me.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Jun 17

50 by chocomayu »»
8 minutes ago

» Best anime from your favorite year

Spunkert - 52 minutes ago

4 by Jonas-K »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

52 by Guilmon1 »»
30 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - Jun 18

39 by Guilmon1 »»
34 minutes ago

» Nominate 1 character from your Favorites that would be the best at Butt Sumo, and nominate 1 that would be the worst

IpreferEcchi - Jun 17

20 by Absurdo_N »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.