Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Is chapter 139 overhated ?
Apr 15, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2016
AoT fandom is full of hate and toxicity. People insulting each other and especially those who liked the ending. At least thats what it feels like. Reddit, twitter, discord, instagram i would say its 80:20 hating:liking. idk it feels weird and its making me sad seeing this fandom like that at the end of the journey.

Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2021 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
According to a poll I posted earlier this week, 25% of the fanbase believes that there is a very strong element of misinterpretation going on. From that, naturally, a lot of negativity will stem that has little to do with the chapter's writing.
End Zionazism
Apr 15, 2021 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
According to a poll I posted earlier this week, 25% of the fanbase believes that there is a very strong element of misinterpretation going on. From that, naturally, a lot of negativity will stem that has little to do with the chapter's writing.

The poll you posted was a joke. You also even made a thread about full metal alchemist supporters sabotaging AoT , which i must say gave me a good chuckle.

L0sMichal0s said:
AoT fandom is full of hate and toxicity. People insulting each other and especially those who liked the ending. At least thats what it feels like. Reddit, twitter, discord, instagram i would say its 80:20 hating:liking. idk it feels weird and its making me sad seeing this fandom like that at the end of the journey.

Toxicity is a given in 2021's internet, more so now that the ending was bad according to a sizable portion of the fanbase (as shown by the polls that actually offer the options for that, not like the one the weasel above posted).
Apr 15, 2021 12:41 PM

Jul 2019
Honestly, it is hard to say. The people who hate this chapter are loud. How loud is a question idk the answer to. But we need to take into account the casual readers, which is just about a lot of people.

Seems like a split leaning towards 50/50
Apr 15, 2021 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
majinale said:
Mikasa said:

The poll you posted was a joke. You also even made a thread about full metal alchemist supporters sabotaging AoT , which i must say gave me a good chuckle.

L0sMichal0s said:

Toxicity is a given in 2021's internet, more so now that the ending was bad according to a sizable portion of the fanbase (as shown by the polls that actually offer the options for that, not like the one the weasel above posted).

Actually it had a great turnout and the conversation was civil enough so I'm very pleased with its success.
End Zionazism
Apr 15, 2021 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Mikasa said:

Actually it had a great turnout and the conversation was civil enough so I'm very pleased with its success.

Good for you, but gaslighting is also part of the toxic behavior the opening post talks about.
Apr 15, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2012
majinale said:
Mikasa said:

Good for you, but gaslighting is also part of the toxic behavior the opening post talks about.

Sorry but I'm not interested in vending-machine buzzword arguments. Anyone can throw them. I'd be more inclined to discuss if what you present me is better thought out.
End Zionazism
Apr 15, 2021 12:56 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Yes, it is overhated. The manga was always aimed at teenagers, and it got the ending catered to teenagers. No surprise. Idiots are those who deluded themselves into thinking otherwise and got disappointed.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 15, 2021 12:59 PM
Mar 2021
Nobody should be engaging in personal attacks to other fans, I'm not anyway, but 139 is not hated enough.
Dec 2020
Overhated is not a word
Deathlydash

Sep 2014
Mikasa said:
majinale said:

Sorry but I'm not interested in vending-machine buzzword arguments. Anyone can throw them. I'd be more inclined to discuss if what you present me is better thought out.

Which i might have done , had you provided a poll that didn't suggest you pick the "misunderstood option" , when the opinion is the opposite to your own
Apr 15, 2021 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
majinale said:
Mikasa said:

Which i might have done , had you provided a poll that didn't suggest you pick the "misunderstood option" , when the opinion is the opposite to your own

Draw the conclusions you like if it makes this go down easier. No one can say I didn't give you a chance.

Deathlydash said:
Overhated is not a word

It is now.

Edit: actually it's in the dictionary lol
End Zionazism
Apr 15, 2021 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely, I feel like comparing this ending to GOT Season 8 which pretty much threw everything away because D&D wanted to work on Star Wars would be a disservice to the messages Isayama wanted to convey. The ending isn't perfect, it's not a masterpiece, I personally gave it a 7-8/10 for lacking clarity in the first half of the chapter but the lack of nuanced discussion surrounding it when the subject is still fresh in the eyes of many is to be expected.
Apr 15, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2018
Probably yes, I don't love it but it's nowhere near as bad as GoT ending.

However, there must be a reason if all the toxicity is directed towards the rumbling arc, and not one person ever hated the Return to Shinganshina arc, for example. And no, AoT is not so deep that you need a high IQ to appreciate the most controversial arc.
Apr 15, 2021 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
Nirinbo said:

However, there must be a reason if all the toxicity is directed towards the rumbling arc, and not one person ever hated the Return to Shinganshina arc, for example.

Before chapter 139 the ratings were going steadily up.

Also some trolls use virtue-signalling to make their statements seem more impartial. (I liked previous arcs but this particular one made them all bad and ruined everything.)

"Nothing before the word but really counts."
End Zionazism
Apr 15, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
I still remember the insane amount of backlash Death Stranding received when it released in November(cough cough Dunkey cough). But as time passed on and discussions became open and more nuanced the reception grew generally positive like its overwhelmingly positive rating when it released on Steam a few months later
Apr 15, 2021 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
As Dunkey put it: "People are still looking at me crazy for liking this game but give it a few years and people will look at you weird for not liking this game"
Apr 15, 2021 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
You CAN retroactively ruin a series. Good works of fiction can be experienced multiple times and recommended to others , so that new people can experience the work and continue discussing it , which preserves the legacy of the series.
Nobody discusses, or even remembers game of thrones, which was the biggest show in the world. You can’t re-watch it, you can’t recommend it,
Guess why.
The same will happen for snk , sadly.
Apr 15, 2021 1:23 PM

Mar 2018
Yeah I mean really all it ruined was
character everyone else was fine. Honestly I think rating this series a 1 or a low score if you had it at a high one is VERY over dramatic.
Apr 15, 2021 1:38 PM

Sep 2018
Mikasa said:
Nirinbo said:

However, there must be a reason if all the toxicity is directed towards the rumbling arc, and not one person ever hated the Return to Shinganshina arc, for example.

Before chapter 139 the ratings were going steadily up.

Also some trolls use virtue-signalling to make their statements seem more impartial. (I liked previous arcs but this particular one made them all bad and ruined everything.)

"Nothing before the word but really counts."

Some people complained about the dip in quality (cringevengers, etc.) even before the last chapter, but yes the hate wasn't as strong as it is now.

I disagree with "nothing before the word but really counts": the problem doesn't lie in the fact that the sentence comes after a "but", but in the sentence itself ("this particular arc made them all bad and ruined everything").
Apr 15, 2021 2:48 PM
Dec 2020
its underhated, and people who think the ending will age like wine are clowns lmao. 130 and 131 saved this arc, just to get butchered in the last 3 chapters. This ending deserves even more hate than the last 2 seasons of GoT
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Apr 15, 2021 3:13 PM
May 2015
yaegerist-15 said:
its underhated, and people who think the ending will age like wine are clowns lmao. 130 and 131 saved this arc, just to get butchered in the last 3 chapters. This ending deserves even more hate than the last 2 seasons of GoT

What did you say about us?

Apr 15, 2021 3:18 PM
Dec 2020
WTTC2 said:
yaegerist-15 said:

What did you say about us?

hehehe not this type of clowns, I like you
Apr 15, 2021 3:45 PM

Aug 2020
I think it isn't that bad overall the last arc was really good but the writing definitely got a bit worse in the arc compared to other arcs
Apr 15, 2021 4:12 PM
Feb 2018
It was a ok ending, the problem is that until the rumbling arc this show was a masterpiece so people were expecting a final arc at the same heights.
Apr 15, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2017
diehard and critic fans giving a serious critic and concern = hate.

classic mal user-base right here.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 15, 2021 4:24 PM
Dec 2020
emolano said:
It was a ok ending, the problem is that until the rumbling arc this show was a masterpiece so people were expecting a final arc at the same heights.
the final arc itself wasnt that good like the previous 3-4 arcs but 130/131 was really good. 137-139 was atrocious
Apr 15, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2017
Nah, not really. There's plenty of the straight-up hate of course, but more of what I'm seeing is immeasurable disappointment and dismay lol.

Apr 15, 2021 6:12 PM

Mar 2021
The ending was bad enough to turn half its fandom on itself and turned the whole manga into a meme globally so I would say the hate for the ending arc is more than justified.
Apr 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
It's so hated that it completely overshadows any possible praise that some may have for it so yeah, I suppose

Apr 17, 2021 3:48 AM

Mar 2013
No, its over-loved. But that's expected for a big franchise like this who have tons of simple minded people who dont give a shit about the story itself, who will just suck up anything the author throws at them
Jul 3, 2021 8:56 AM
Oct 2020
"No, its over-loved. But that's expected for a big franchise like this who have tons of simple minded people who dont give a shit about the story itself, who will just suck up anything the author throws at them"
BASED, the same people who will get mad at you for criticizing a story without giving any criticism themselves, just eating up anything isayama provides, don't understand how those people are "ReAl FaNs"
Jul 3, 2021 11:59 AM
Apr 2021
my rating for the series dropped to 0, the story and all its previous scenes are meaningless knowing the full context of story and how Eren was lying, the end glorifies rape, abuse and hypocrisy, war, racism and hate were undermined to a disgusting romance relationship, living breathing world was reduced to a linear story, and finally all the sacrifices were in vain

the full review of the finale analyzing every scene in the link

Jul 3, 2021 2:16 PM
Aug 2020
The ending sucks ass.

What was the point of rumbling?? Since attack titans can see future event , Eren should've realised his stupid ass actions mean nothing at all in the future.

Ymir's backstory of becoming a titan and her love for King fritz is meh.

Did Isayama yeeted out Historia and forgot about her child , whodafuq iz the farmer??

Why Eren's comrade tried to help their enemies??To get their future generation killed by the enemies, that's what!

Ackerman backstory was not fleshed out enough!

Why Hange had to die? Her sacrifice meant jackshit and she would not be able to slow 100s of collosal titans by herself.

Why Levi became a potato, instead of dying?

Why the fuck is Reiner still alive?!

Why was Gabi instantly able to master a weapon she never touched before and landed a perfect.

Why Mikasa didnt call Gabi after she shot eren in head?

Why was Gabi alive at the end?

Why are my favorite characters dead or worse becoming potatoes instead of the characters i hated??

Why Eren's comrades kill yeagerists who were their previous comrades to save the enemies who is the main source of their suffering?? Why the fuck should you care about people who saw YOU as devil and was indirectly involved in the deaths of your beloved rather than the comrades/people you grew uo with??
Jul 3, 2021 4:51 PM

Jan 2018
Yes, it's over hated. Is it an amazing chapter? Not really. Is it bad? No. Could it be a lot better? Sure. But it's what we got, and I'm satisfied.
Jul 3, 2021 9:12 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Yes.

It's a mid ending for an otherwise 10/10 series. People wanted a kino masterpiece ending that would be studied in literature classes for hundreds and hundreds of years from now (at least)!

A shonen manga got a shonen ending. That's it. Does it retcon or ruin the entire series? No, absolutely not lol.
Jul 3, 2021 10:38 PM
Mar 2018
AnimeJunki3 said:
The ending sucks ass.

What was the point of rumbling?? Since attack titans can see future event , Eren should've realised his stupid ass actions mean nothing at all in the future.

Ymir's backstory of becoming a titan and her love for King fritz is meh.

Did Isayama yeeted out Historia and forgot about her child , whodafuq iz the farmer??

Why Eren's comrade tried to help their enemies??To get their future generation killed by the enemies, that's what!

Ackerman backstory was not fleshed out enough!

Why Hange had to die? Her sacrifice meant jackshit and she would not be able to slow 100s of collosal titans by herself.

Why Levi became a potato, instead of dying?

Why the fuck is Reiner still alive?!

Why was Gabi instantly able to master a weapon she never touched before and landed a perfect.

Why Mikasa didnt call Gabi after she shot eren in head?

Why was Gabi alive at the end?

Why are my favorite characters dead or worse becoming potatoes instead of the characters i hated??

Why Eren's comrades kill yeagerists who were their previous comrades to save the enemies who is the main source of their suffering?? Why the fuck should you care about people who saw YOU as devil and was indirectly involved in the deaths of your beloved rather than the comrades/people you grew uo with??

But Eren doesn't see the events past his death though. He doesn't know that the Island will eventually get obliterated. He put his trust in Armin that he will secure peace for the island. And guess what? He was able to achieve that atleast within his lifetime which is more than what most people can accomplish.

Also regarding why they decide to help the enemy, well that's just what the scouts do. They dedicate their souls to humanity and not to Eren. Not to mention genocide is bad even if Eren had understandable actions.

I do agree that th Historia subplot was pointless but I do kind of see the thematic point of her having a baby and going through the same circumstances as her mother. But the major difference is that unlike her mother, Historia is actually going to take of her child and thus some change is happening even though the cycle is repeating.

I didn't really need a proper backstory for the Ackermans. I feel like we got enough from the story. I didn't need a full elaboration on why they are the way they are. They're products of Titan science. That's simple enough.

While I do think that Hangi's death is a bit contrived, her objective was to kill the colossal Titans that were close to the plane before they destroys it. And she did exactly that. Without her sacrifice, the plane probably would have been crushed.

Also regarding Gabi being able to master weapons: which one are you talking about? Like she's a trained child soldier and a great one at that. Of course, she will able to use anti-Titan rifles.

Also does Mikasa even know that Gabi shot Eren? I mean she was battling Pieck when that happened. So she probably didn't even know.
Jul 3, 2021 11:44 PM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
my rating for the series dropped to 0, the story and all its previous scenes are meaningless knowing the full context of story and how Eren was lying, the end glorifies rape, abuse and hypocrisy, war, racism and hate were undermined to a disgusting romance relationship, living breathing world was reduced to a linear story, and finally all the sacrifices were in vain

the full review of the finale analyzing every scene in the link

I read your review and this is what I have to say.

Here's the thing about the "I don't know, why I did it" line that a lot of people are seeming to forget is what comes immediately afterwards. We see the "You're free" Panel with Grisha holding Baby Eren. To me, it represents that he was motivated by his instincts to pursue freedom. Sure, he didn't spell it out for us but we were supposed to interpret that from the visuals he had presented. He believed that if he freed his people from the Titan curse, then both he and all of the Eldians will finally achieve freedom. Which is exactly what he did. Sure, the titans powers returned but that doesn't mean Eldians won't change into Titans. Ymir has passed away so there is no way in Paths to convert people into Titans. Also I didn't think Eren necessarily got redeemed by the end but it made his actions even more understandable and add an extra layer of tragedy to his character.

Also regarding the Mikasa thing, a lot of people seem to forget that the convo Armin had with Eren about Mikasa happened chronologically in chapter 131, before the final battle happened. The things he said about Mikasa happened in the past but he eventually realised that wasn't the best thing for her. This is why he told Mikasa in chapter 138, when he took her into Paths, to forget about him and move on. As much as he wanted to be with her, he realised it wouldn't be the best thing for her. Also how is his nobility ruined because he was afraid of death? Everyone is afraid of death and I feel like he deserves to vent all of his frustration to his best friend during what is essentially the last time he will ever talk to him. (note: I actually don't like the fact that Eren was in love with Mikasa. It's probably my biggest problem with the ending. It should have been better developed and given more hints.)

Also Eren did accomplish a lot of things. He secured peace within his friends lifetime and saved his people from the curse of the Titans. Like I said before, eventhough the Titan powers returned, Ymir isn't there anymore to turn them into Monsters.

While I do agree that the Historia subplot was pointless, I do kind of see the thematic point of her having a baby and going through the same circumstances as her mother. But the major difference is that unlike her mother, Historia is actually going to take of her child and thus some change is happening even though the cycle is repeating.

I didn't like the part where Armin thanked Eren either. That could have been handled better but I didn't have a problem with him taking the credit for his death. It was the first step in maintaining peace with the outside world. Also I know a lot of people hated the Reiner moment but I didn't. To me his character arc came to an end with the convo with his mother. The fact that he is goofy means that he is finally gotten over his suicidal tendencies and can return to be the Reiner that the Scouts used to love back in the day.

Also Ymir being in love with her captor is disgusting. I don't think Yams was trying to promote abuse and rape. Hell, this entire story happened because of her "love" towards The king. It was a product of Stockholm Syndrome and she herself absolutely wanted to be free of it. Also we don't really know when Eren found out about his mother's death. I personally think it happened after he made contact with Zeke. That could be the case which would make the scene with Reiner more sense as he didn't know about it yet. But if he did knew about his death, the whole point of that scene was to communicate to Reiner that he understands Reiner. That they're the same. He didn't blame Reiner for any of the things that happened because he was about to do the exact same thing which is my main takeaway when I first read this scene. To me, that moment is not ruined.

Also I do think that in chapter 133, he was lying to his friends to make sure that they have no other choice but to kill him. Also he did completely eradicate the world's major military faction in chapter 130. And Hanji claimed because of that, they won't face an invasion for a couple of decades. Again, Eren took away the Titan powers because he wanted his friends to be free of the Titan curse. Levi teaming up with Annie, hell the fact that The scouts and the warriors decided to work together, is supposed to indicate that they're ready to put everything in the past behind and work together for a better future instead of mindlessly fighting and trying to kill each other and further continuing the cycle of hatred.

Again, I do think that Eren having feelings for Mikasa should have been better handled. It wasn't properly developed and there were maybe 2 or 3 scenes that kind of serves as hint but it just wasn't enough. But Eren scarring Mikasa during his second transformation is a dumb criticism because he wasn't in control of his actions. How I try to justify it is that Eren did always have some feelings for Mikasa but he just didn't realise it because he was too preoccupied with his other goals like killing the Titans. He probably came to understand that he was infatuated with her in bw Season 3 and 4. In a way, it kind of parallels Gabi as She was too preoccupied with everything else to notice Falco's feelings or focus on them.

Also the "Tatake" quote thing is just nitpicking. Besides Mikasa actually does say the exact same words to all of her comrades in season 1 once she finds out about Eren.

Now I do think the ending was changed or atleast some aspects of it. To me, the main things that he probably decided to change were the character deaths. He probably was planning to kill most of the scouts and some of the warriors but decide to chicken out because of the popularity. Now this is a valid criticism that I also do share. The plot armour was definitely thicker than usual. Even Yams came out and claimed that the all of the arcs for EMA were planned from the start and the only major part he added was the part where Eren's confession about having feelings for Mikasa to Armin which incidentally turned out to be the worst part about the entire ending.

All in all, I didn't hate the ending. I wouldn't say it's a great ending as I definitely have my own set of problems with it. To me it's a 6/10 ending to what is still a 10/10 series. So yes, it is definitely over hated.
Jul 4, 2021 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
It's underhated lol, The whole fumbling arc was dogshit, even worse than that. I haven't seen GOT but this is the worst Ending to a series I have seen so far. Nothing even comes closer to AOT. The drop in quality is just crazy which culminated at the end.
Imagine Light at the end saying he did this for Misa and because he wanted L, Near and his father to be hero for the world. I would have straight up dropped the rating to 1 for DN. For me the only saving grace AOT had is RTS arc.
Jul 4, 2021 9:42 AM
Mar 2018
I would say it is overhated before the extra pages ccame out. But after these extra pages, I think the ending is trash
Jul 4, 2021 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
Nope because there are still people who defend that crap. It deserves all the criticism it gets for wasting all of our time these past 11 years
Jul 4, 2021 6:57 PM

Aug 2018
I think it is over-hated, yeah. I've read many, many fantasy/sci fi novels and played many JRPGs in my lifetime and I've learned that when it comes to these epic adventure type of stories, the endings usually aren't all that great.

I do think everything that happened after the time skip was kinda meh in comparison to what proceeded it but it's not that big of a deal.
Jul 4, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2017
I don't think it is. It clearly undermined the journey pretty much if not completely for many. It takes a hell of an ending to do that. It's getting the recognition it deserves. It's unfortunately just not a good one lol.

Jul 5, 2021 2:43 AM
Jan 2021
L0sMichal0s said:

Well, it was bound to happen, I see people defending the ending, most of them have watched AoT after S2 or S3 aired with their shitty takes, but the ones who watched it from 2013 even If they liked the ending they kept quiet knowing about its flaws and letting the ones who started watching AoT the same year hate it. Star wars and GoT fandom still shit upon the ending, so even after 2 years if the hate continues I wouldn't even be half surprised. After the Editor claimed it to be a romcom all along, it's getting more hate and it kinda deserves.
“You know, the only thing that matters is the ending. It's the most important part of the story, the ending.”
-Johnny Depp - Mort Rainey | Secret Window (2004)

And Attack on Titan failed miserably in doing so. Its fate will be the same as Game of Thrones.
Jul 5, 2021 7:41 AM
Apr 2021
@Neil1998

it represents that he was motivated by his instincts to pursue freedom. Sure, he didn't spell it out for us but we were supposed to interpret that from the visuals he had presented.

does this look like a character who had convection a character who had a free will, determination, someone who's willing to push for freedom?

compare that simp to Lelouch, when the black knights knew of his identity and prepared to kill him, he didn't coward nor tried to defend himself, he accepted his fate and confronted the black knights with the truth

Isayama once said his ideal character is someone who doesn't lie lying means the character changed his resolve, I like character who stays true to their personalities, yeah if Isayama kept Eren's evil character intact even in death I would have respected that, but instead Eren in death became an absoulte simp who's trying to win his friends love and acceptance really pathetic.

Also Eren did accomplish a lot of things. He secured peace within his friends lifetime and saved his people from the curse of the Titans. Like I said before, eventhough the Titan powers returned, Ymir isn't there anymore to turn them into Monsters.

he could have gone with Zeke's plan, he would have ended the titan curse, guaranteed a long life for his friends while also sparring the lives of countless millions of innocent lives around the world instead he went on with a trash plan killing 80% of the planet for absolutely nothing.

I don't think Yams was trying to promote abuse and rape. Hell, this entire story happened because of her "love" towards The king. It was a product of Stockholm Syndrome

in the latest guidebook release, Isayama never mentioned Stockholm syndrome, he indeed doubled down on Ymir's relationship with Fritz as true love and said that the children were proof of the bond between them, this and EM and Historia and the farmer pretty much glorifies rape and abuse, he should go to jail for his trash writing.

I personally think it happened after he made contact with Zeke.

nah he received the memories after he kissed Historia's hand in the ceremony yeah Eren was indeed lying to Reiner when he blamed him for his mother's death saying (Why My mom died that day Reiner) peak hypocrisy 🤡🤡🤡🤡.

It should have been better developed and given more hints.)

EM relationship coming out of nowhere isn't the only problem with the ending, Mikasa's character itself has no development but Ereh that's it, she doesn't care about her people nor her responsibility she's a pathetic character and I can't respect a character like that.
JosephSaber40Jul 5, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 5, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
@Neil1998

it represents that he was motivated by his instincts to pursue freedom. Sure, he didn't spell it out for us but we were supposed to interpret that from the visuals he had presented.

does this look like a character who had convection a character who had a free will, determination, someone who's willing to push for freedom?

compare that simp to Lelouch, when the black knights knew of his identity and prepared to kill him, he didn't coward nor tried to defend himself, he accepted his fate and confronted the black knights with the truth

Isayama once said his ideal character is someone who doesn't lie lying means the character changed his resolve, I like character who stays true to their personalities, yeah if Isayama kept Eren's evil character intact even in death I would have respected that, but instead Eren in death became an absoulte simp who's trying to win his friends love and acceptance really pathetic.

he could have gone with Zeke's plan, he would have ended the titan curse, guaranteed a long life for his friends while also sparring the lives of countless millions of innocent lives around the world instead he went on with a trash plan killing 80% of the planet for absolutely nothing.

I don't think Yams was trying to promote abuse and rape. Hell, this entire story happened because of her "love" towards The king. It was a product of Stockholm Syndrome

in the latest guidebook release, Isayama never mentioned Stockholm syndrome, he indeed doubled down on Ymir's relationship with Fritz as true love and said that the children were proof of the bond between them, this and EM and Historia and the farmer pretty much glorifies rape and abuse, he should go to jail for his trash writing.

I personally think it happened after he made contact with Zeke.

nah he received the memories after he kissed Historia's hand in the ceremony yeah Eren was indeed lying to Reiner when he blamed him for his mother's death saying (Why My mom died that day Reiner) peak hypocrisy 🤡🤡🤡🤡.

It should have been better developed and given more hints.)

EM relationship coming out of nowhere isn't the only problem with the ending, Mikasa's character itself has no development but Ereh that's it, she doesn't care about her people nor her responsibility she's a pathetic character and I can't respect a character like that.

The entire situation with the black Knights is completely different from AOT though. And we have seen several moments where Lelouch opens up about his failures to the ones closest around him. Eren did the same with his best friend even if it was a bit cringe. Also we never really knew what Eren's plan was untill the final chapter so we can't really say that his resolved changed as this was supposed to be his goal from the start. Sure he lied to everyone but are you telling me Lelouch never lied to the ones closest to him to hide his motives?

Here's the thing about Zeke's plan: let's forgot for the moment that his whole plans stems from just pure self hatred and nihilism, the problem with Zeke's plan is that it isn't really a solution but rather just bending over and virtually giving up on the future. Eren as a character would have never gone along with that as he is someone who fights and pushes forward and going along with Zeke's plan would be the equivalent of him losing all hope and giving up on the future. Simply put, Eren is the Attack Titan who marches forward to achieve freedom which to him came in the form of his people being freed of the curse. That would not have happened if he went along with Zeke. Plus not to mention, Ymir would have been stuck in Paths for eternity.

Regarding the whole guidebook thing, there is nothing there that really indicates Ymir's love for the king was genuine or not. The guidebook said that the kids were proof of Ymir's bond with The king and not vice versa. I am sure she believed that it was true love but if that really was the case then why the hell did she wanted to be free of it in the first place? (Also do you have a link to the entire translated version of the guidebook? I have been lookiy everywhere for it.

Again, like I said before even if Eren already had the knowledge that he would be responsible for his mother's death (which I still think happened when he entered Paths and got control of the Founding Titan. I don't think he saw every miniscule detail that happened after touching Historia's hand.), It still doesn't change the fact that whole point of that scene wasn't actually to blame Reiner but rather to tell him that he doesn't blame him for what happened as he's about to do the exact same thing. He understands the enemy and he knows that they are just human beings much like the people on the island. But he still kept moving forward not out of hatred but of pure necessity.

Lastly, I would have agreed with your stance on Mikasa being a wasted character but I do think she has developed a decent bit but just not as much as I could have hoped. But if Mikasa was still the same One Dimensional character that she was in the early seasons, then she would have undoubtedly joined Eren and went along with his plans but instead she opposed him and even killed him because she realised that there are more important things at stake than Eren.
Jul 5, 2021 7:07 PM
Jul 2021
chapter 139 was steaming hot garbage its sad to see such a trash anime turn into a dumpster fire actually... its funny. Aot is a Romance now.
Jul 5, 2021 10:50 PM
Nov 2020
With time comes clarity.

If you seriously think I’m just going to disregard everything this series has done for me over the last 8 years because of a bad ending, you’re being incredibly immature.
Jul 5, 2021 10:50 PM
Nov 2020
With time comes clarity.

If you seriously think I’m just going to disregard everything this series has done for me over the last 8 years because of a bad ending, you’re being incredibly immature.
Jul 6, 2021 3:56 AM
Apr 2021
@Neil1998

yeah you're quite contradicting your opinions as I demonstrated earlier Eren's character was assassinated and didn't achieve a thing compare that to Lelouch who achieved a global peace and established a new world order

Here's the thing about Zeke's plan: let's forgot for the moment that his whole plans stems from just pure self hatred and nihilism, the problem with Zeke's plan is that it isn't really a solution but rather just bending over and virtually giving up on the future. Eren as a character would have never gone along with that as he is someone who fights and pushes forward and going along with Zeke's plan would be the equivalent of him losing all hope and giving up on the future.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.