Forum Settings
Forums

Is all the Attack on Titan Season 4 hate granted?

New
Apr 1, 2021 11:50 AM
Jun 2016
While Attack on Titan season 4 has just finished, there has been a lot of unnecessary hate towards it from their being a new animation studio MAPPA taking on the project from Wit Studios to its use of CGI animations for the titans and so on. Right now it is rated as #2 top anime on MAL just below FMA Brotherhood and the stats show over 12k votes of a 1-star score that is an outlier for the majority of high scores given to it keeping it from surpassing FMA Brotherhood and taking the #1 spot. I do not agree with this hate towards AoT and would like to start a discussion on whether or not this hate is granted for this very popular ongoing anime series.
Apr 1, 2021 11:55 AM

Jul 2020
This anime doesn't even deserve any hate.Criticsm is acceptable but this anime is too far to get any hate.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 1, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2021
They actually started throwing hate comments to MAPPA since episode 1. I'm quite understand the reason why which obviously about the big difference in terms of visual graphics MAPPA and Wit Studio have. However, since the first part is done, people starts to thank MAPPA and giving them positive and motivating speeches.

This doesn't change the fact that there are still haters around though. For me personally, people have the right to judge the series they watch but they have to be reasonable. We have to be appreciative especially when no studio has the gut to animate AOT's last season in such a short time + great pressure comes from people expecting HQ animation (bcuz duh it's the last season). MAPPA is a hero in the eyes of AOT fandom.
Apr 1, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2020
I think in a lot of cases people wanted to hate on it because of the hype and because of how it still draws people and had to use MAPPA's art style or animation as a pretext. It is true that MAPPA's animation was a downgrade compared to WIT's, but giving the show 1 just because of that is a little surprising to me.

If you check out the reviews of people who rated it a 1, you'll only find terms like TRASH or RUINED that are employed to describe the animation. I just like to think they haven't seen enough trash animation.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 1, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2018
I think this is the first time I'm going to talk in a Attack on Titan related forum post and that's because even tho I like the anime, its stupid community hold me from enjoy it at the time. Just now that Season 4 (pt.1) has ended I really enjoy it to the point of, just now, put it among my favorites + want to rewatch it because I'm really looking foward for the conclussion of this story next year... and about the hate for animation studios, yes you can see that there's been a downgrade, but it's not abismal. MAPPA was racing against the clock to finish it on time, now they have all the time to maybe improve the animation, even tho, I didn't minded in the last season. So yes, the hate this series recives from fans it's absurd, but the hate that it recives because of THOSE fans... I can totally understand and agree on that one, sorry none-problematic AoT fans, the other ones are noisier, childish and annoying.
Apr 1, 2021 1:08 PM

Jan 2018
I would not go as far as to say that i hate the Final Season but i hate how people make it out to be the greatest modern anime there is. I dislike MAPPA's artstyle and the overload of CGI, I also dislike where the story in manga is going, so it all combines. Overall I'm just disappointed that it all went how it went after 7 years of watching, but no, I don't think that all the hate SNK is getting is deserved. I would say that after all these years I just am disappointed. It's just kinda weird how people who don't like everything about the show blame it all on MAPPA when all you can blame them for is animation.
Apr 1, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Aside from a lot of people hating it because of the popularity and the hype, a lot of the people are hating mainly because of the CG so ut depends upon what you think about the CG, I guess
Apr 1, 2021 1:18 PM

Mar 2020
No, it isn't.
Criticism of the CG makes sense, but hating the anime and sending death threats to Studio MAPPA for using CG is pathetic.
My guess is that the fandom is too entitled, and don't understand the hard work and effort that goes into animation.
Apr 1, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2020
I guess its because the aot community always strives for perfection, and they don't like seeing small mistakes in their favorite anime. It stupid to be honest with you, they should just be grateful that MAPPA was able to even adapt the basics in the short amount of time they had.
Apr 1, 2021 1:30 PM

Jun 2012
I think the idiom; Empty vessels make the most noise, applies to people who "hated" the show.
Apr 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Mar 2018
Well a lot of people do watch aot mostly for the action so if you derive it even by the little you’re gonna get hate especially because of the huge scale attack on Titans fandom is.
So yeah it’s completely unnecessary but it wasn’t surprising to me at least
Apr 1, 2021 9:47 PM

Jan 2020
Nope. I think snk 4 was a very good season

Apr 1, 2021 10:29 PM

Jul 2020
Not really. I understand the criticisms but I've enjoyed it quite a bit
Apr 1, 2021 11:23 PM

Jan 2020
SebastianConH said:
I think this is the first time I'm going to talk in a Attack on Titan related forum post and that's because even tho I like the anime, its stupid community hold me from enjoy it at the time. Just now that Season 4 (pt.1) has ended I really enjoy it to the point of, just now, put it among my favorites + want to rewatch it because I'm really looking foward for the conclussion of this story next year... and about the hate for animation studios, yes you can see that there's been a downgrade, but it's not abismal. MAPPA was racing against the clock to finish it on time, now they have all the time to maybe improve the animation, even tho, I didn't minded in the last season. So yes, the hate this series recives from fans it's absurd, but the hate that it recives because of THOSE fans... I can totally understand and agree on that one, sorry none-problematic AoT fans, the other ones are noisier, childish and annoying.

I appreciate fans like you. I definitely appreciate when fans criticize the art and the animation as well, because there's no perfect show out there, plus it is relatively subjective, but they make it out as the WORST animation to ever exist. Not only that, but they completely disregard the plot and the story. It's as though AoT is only good for its animation, while we all know that the animation was a bonus.

Kaliyahscake said:
Well a lot of people do watch aot mostly for the action so if you derive it even by the little you’re gonna get hate especially because of the huge scale attack on Titans fandom is.

I agree!!! After watching the fourth season and seeing how a faction of the fandom reacted to it, I came to the conclusion that some are just watching for the animation, it's unfortunate.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 1, 2021 11:45 PM

Oct 2018
I love how the AOT fans were shitting on the CGI of season 4 when the art of the AOT manga looks like absolute garbage XD. Also that isn't even mentioning the that the CGI for the Colossal Titan looked like shit back when the show was animated by Studio Wit.
Apr 2, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2018
samashi20 said:
SebastianConH said:

I appreciate fans like you. I definitely appreciate when fans criticize the art and the animation as well, because there's no perfect show out there, plus it is relatively subjective, but they make it out as the WORST animation to ever exist. Not only that, but they completely disregard the plot and the story. It's as though AoT is only good for its animation, while we all know that the animation was a bonus.

Kaliyahscake said:

I agree!!! After watching the fourth season and seeing how a faction of the fandom reacted to it, I came to the conclusion that some are just watching for the animation, it's unfortunate.
Yeah I think animation only’s/prioritizes are the worst type of fans
Apr 2, 2021 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
Nah it's pretty good. I didn't notice the animation change (if there is even a difference) and I've been watching faithfully since the beginning.

Or maybe I'm just not obsessed enough to care to notice, idk.
Apr 2, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
Idk how much hate it's getting considering its no.3 at the time. Though it has become a war between absolute gatekeepers and absolute trashers. But some criticism is justified.

Adimus_prime said:
I love how the AOT fans were shitting on the CGI of season 4 when the art of the AOT manga looks like absolute garbage XD. Also that isn't even mentioning the that the CGI for the Colossal Titan looked like shit back when the show was animated by Studio Wit.

Have you read the manga? calling the present art bad...
I mean yams always had consistency issues but his art

*S3+*

removed-userApr 2, 2021 7:42 AM
Apr 2, 2021 7:47 AM

Jul 2020
Adimus_prime said:

Are we reading the same manga or what?
Apr 2, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2020
It's funny that most of hate for this show came from the fanbase itself. Everyone hailed this show (except other hardcore Shounen fanboys) this season . What a complicated case for an anime haha
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 2, 2021 8:50 AM

Dec 2018
TimMarcus said:
It's funny that most of hate for this show came from the fanbase itself. Everyone hailed this show (except other hardcore Shounen fanboys) this season . What a complicated case for an anime haha

Not entirely accurate. I don't think I'm a hardcore AoT fan, nor am I a truly hardcore fan of any other shounen... but I still don't think AoT is the masterpiece that a lot of its hardcore fans made it out to be. I rated the "not really" final season a 7 after a lot of hesitation (either an 8 or a 7).
Apr 2, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
Chandela said:
Nah it's pretty good. I didn't notice the animation change (if there is even a difference) and I've been watching faithfully since the beginning.

well yeah if i wouldn't be aware of the fact that studio has changed i don't think so i would ever notice bcos when i watched the trailer i never knew it was MAPPA and i thit it was WIT
Apr 2, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2018
Adimus_prime said:

maybe you should say that about your glasses dude XD
Apr 2, 2021 9:16 AM
Jun 2020
I remember
Chandela said:

me too,i honestly didn't even care about something change about the anime that i really like to watch(except sds season 3 it really bothered me lol)
Apr 2, 2021 9:21 AM

Aug 2020
I don't know what you're talking about because all the s4 fans use wit studio's colossal titan as a pretext to say that they also made bad animation.
In addition, titan beast of mappa is at the height of colossal titan of wit.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 2, 2021 9:26 AM

Aug 2020
I just hate fans who think mappa animation is excellent and we should thank them. Yes, I personally loved it, but the only excuse fans have to contradict any negative opinion towards it is "they only had 8 months to cheer it on, you should be grateful." No idiot, look at the whole context of why they had little time to Animate it: Mappa was the only one who took the project because the other studios were aware of how difficult it would be. Mappa had many other animes to animate and yet I accept this one, and AOT is a world-famous anime, obviously it will receive mixed reviews. the mappa production committee made terrible decisions when accepting the project.
the only ones who should be praised here are the entertainers.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 2, 2021 9:28 AM
Sep 2018
I can't tolerate anymore of those shits... Life is cruel sometimes... People deserves much more than what they get... Same things happened with MAPPA and Aot s04. They deserved love, got have... Uncountable hatred...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Apr 2, 2021 9:36 AM
Feb 2021
I believe Attack on Titan S4 does deserve only one major hate or criticism which is their use of CGI. Simply put, it was disappointing and underwhelming compared to all former seasons created by Wit Studio. It also had high standards and expectations coming in as the last season and because S3 Part 2 was its best season based on story, animation and everything else. Also, MAPPA did well with only 1 year given for them to animate. All in all, Attack on Titan Season 4's CGI deserves criticism but not a full on bashing as it is still a masterpiece of an anime.
Apr 2, 2021 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
AoT S4 was great, but I don't get why people is complaing about "THE AMOUNT OF HATE" that it's getting when the show is sitting at number 2...

Those 1 are just trolls, it's not real hate. Few angry useless people with a lot of time on their hands. So yeah, I don't give a fuck... Besides, the only thing that matters to me is getting a full adaptation. If a show that I enjoy has an ending, I don't care if it's rated 4, I just enjoy the full experience.
Apr 2, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2017
I don't see what the hate is about, this was the best season yet
Apr 2, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
An anime shouldn’t be hated because of its fans. That’s it.
Apr 2, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2020
Mo168 said:
An anime shouldn’t be hated because of its fans. That’s it.
Facts
This is probably the best comment I've seen in a while

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 2, 2021 9:53 AM

Apr 2019
ugolikescake said:
Right now it is rated as #2 top anime on MAL just below FMA Brotherhood and the stats show over 12k votes of a 1-star score that is an outlier for the majority of high scores given to it keeping it from surpassing FMA Brotherhood and taking the #1 spot.
Wishful thinking, Outlier ratings should be covered by MAL's bot defense logic introduced last year. They do not count into rating calculation. I'm not a big fan of neither AoT nor FMA:B. But FMA:B for me is a 7+/10 where AoT is closer to 7-/10. Plus it has recency bias bonus and will not be in the top 10 when it is as long on MAL as FMA:B already is. Both are similar and cater the same target audience, so they are pretty comparable.

AoT is genuinely not as good as FMA:B, if only by a little. Thus it is deservedly rated below it. For my shit taste, both shows are overrated.

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

32 by Notoshin »»
2 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

28 by Ende_uraa »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

119 by Hoppy »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

24 by Kurgo »»
28 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

170 by perseii »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.