Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Shaman King' TV Anime Unveils Supporting Cast, Second Promo

New
Mar 3, 2021 8:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the new television anime adaptation of Hiroyuki Takei's Shaman King manga revealed on Thursday supporting cast, a second key visual (pictured) and promotional video. The anime reboot is scheduled to premiere on April 1 at 5:55 p.m. on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TV Setouchi, TV Hokkaido, and TVQ Kyuushuu Broadcasting. Netflix will stream the anime worldwide in 2021.

Cast
Johann Faust VIII: Takehito Koyasu (Gintama)
Mosuke: Masakazu Morita (Kingdom)
Pirika Usui: Rina Hidaka (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Lyserg Diethel: Youko Soumi (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Chocolove McDonell: Motoko Kumai (Hunter x Hunter (2011))
Iron Maiden Jeanne: Yui Horie (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
Marco Lasso: Yuuichi Nakamura (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Megumi Hayashibara, returning as Anna Kyouyama, is performing both the opening and ending theme "Soul salvation" and "#Boku no Yubisaki," respectively.

Takehito Koyasu, Youko Soumi, Motoko Kumai, and Yui Horie are reprising their role from Xebec's 64-episode television anime that aired between July 2001 and September 2002.

Jouji Furuta (Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu) is directing the new anime at Bridge, with Shouji Yonemura (Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu) in charge of the series composition. Toshihiko Sano (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun) is designing the characters, and Yuki Hayashi (Boku no Hero Academia) is composing the music.

PV 2

Note: Click here for the Netflix mirror with English subtitles.

Source: Moca News
DatRandomDudeMar 3, 2021 9:39 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 3, 2021 9:31 PM
Apr 2016
DatRandomDude said:
Netflix will stream the anime worldwide in 2021.
This has to be a joke right? do they really expect people to wait as japan is watching this an April 1st? because spoiler alert nobody is actually going do that,people will just go with plan B

Edit Actually Hao is voiced by Takayama, Minami https://myanimelist.net/people/24/Minami_Takayama

Anna is megumi
Zero_590Mar 3, 2021 9:35 PM
Mar 3, 2021 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
lol Netflix Jail ah well hopefully fansubs will come out
Mar 3, 2021 9:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Zero_590 said:

Edit Actually Hao is voiced by Takayama, Minami https://myanimelist.net/people/24/Minami_Takayama

Anna is megumi
Oopsie, looks like I got mixed up while writing. Thanks for the heads up!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 4, 2021 12:45 AM

May 2019
So we have to wait like a year or more for it to launch on Netflix because of al full adaption?
Mar 4, 2021 1:11 AM

Feb 2017
Netflix jail... how great! Well, Shaman King is popular enough so I am sure fansubs will be there.
Mar 4, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
This is so HYPE! Honestly loving the new art style. Doll girl looks so cute too. And Jeanne just wow. Same voice actors, full manga adaptation. This remake could not look better at this early stage. At least in my opinion.
Mar 4, 2021 3:42 AM
Jan 2018
>Netflix will stream the anime worldwide in 2021.

Yeah after like 30 epiosdes
Mar 4, 2021 3:53 AM

Jan 2020
Well, hopefully this is good. Kinda sad that this was picked up by Netflix, but I'm sure that a fansub group will pick this up.
Mar 4, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2017
Less than a month to go yo~
Mar 4, 2021 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
People all complain about Netflix like it doesn't help shows get more seasons and what not frustrate me. Netflix helps the show out in general than people complain when they were just going to watch it illegally anyway Netflix or not.
Mar 4, 2021 6:49 AM
May 2016
Damn it Netflix, I was actually interested in watching this one weekly, and I'm not going to sail the seven seas cause I always, always get pop ups and stuff

Also I have a lot of other shows scheduled for spring, so one less makes it easier, but it still annoys me since I was REALLY excited to watch this one
Mar 4, 2021 6:53 AM
May 2016
Calal-Chan said:
People all complain about Netflix like it doesn't help shows get more seasons and what not frustrate me. Netflix helps the show out in general than people complain when they were just going to watch it illegally anyway Netflix or not.

True, I doubt the Seven Deadly Sins or Beastars would've been guaranteed new seasons if it weren't for Netflix(I can't say that for sure since I don't currently have the numbers on me)
Mar 4, 2021 7:48 AM

Aug 2020
Let’s go this is going to be an epic series, can’t wait!
Mar 4, 2021 9:22 PM
Feb 2014
NG_Chloe said:
Damn it Netflix, I was actually interested in watching this one weekly, and I'm not going to sail the seven seas cause I always, always get pop ups and stuff

Also I have a lot of other shows scheduled for spring, so one less makes it easier, but it still annoys me since I was REALLY excited to watch this one

You could use a ad blocker to not get pop ups, uBlock Origin is really good, i also use AdGuard and Popup Blocker Ultimate just to be on the safe side.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 4, 2021 10:09 PM
May 2016
Dauphine said:
NG_Chloe said:

You could use a ad blocker to not get pop ups, uBlock Origin is really good, i also use AdGuard and Popup Blocker Ultimate just to be on the safe side.

....I'll have to think about that, thank you
Mar 25, 2021 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
Zero_590 said:
DatRandomDude said:
Netflix will stream the anime worldwide in 2021.
This has to be a joke right? do they really expect people to wait as japan is watching this an April 1st? because spoiler alert nobody is actually going do that,people will just go with plan B

I always wait and I know I'm not the only one. There's a thousand other good anime to watch in the meantime.
Apr 2, 2021 6:55 PM
Apr 2010
I just hope LTC will be in this one.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.