Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2016
Note: I'm not trying to take a piss on the series. I love Jujutsu Kaisen and it's characters exactly for what they are. I'm posting this here on AD because I hope for more traffic and I don't mind if this get's moved to the series subboard later.

As for the topic. While I personally don't mind, even appreciate a little bit of (female) sexual fanservice action every now and then, I can see why some people are tired of it. So it's refreshing in a way that Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't resort to it. Now what I've noticed is that the males on the other hand cater to the female audience. They're not sexualized, but their portrayal could be considered low-key more fanservice-esque

Gojou - pretty party boy with blue eyes 👀

Nanami - suit wearing salaryman, brings the money home, cares about the ordinary bakery girl, finest husbando material

Sukuna - badboy that would beat the eff out his girlfriend, but she loves him nonetheles

Toudou - Gymbro for girls that like some meat

I'm aware that these examples could come off as silly. I purposely described these characters in such a biased and exaggerated way to illustrate my point effectively, but I also genuinely believe that there's some legitness to it. Am I reaching?

What do you think?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2021 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
lol later threads will conclude this show is Shoujo and not Shonen anymore since the fan girls win
Feb 28, 2021 6:40 AM

Nov 2016
deg said:
lol later threads will conclude this show is Shoujo and not Shonen anymore since the fan girls win

Best shoujo short out there

Should make a spin-off series

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2021 6:42 AM

Jul 2020
This is such a stupid thread but eh I guess

Feb 28, 2021 6:43 AM

Oct 2010
good thing you told me, now I don't wanna watch it, I need at least one sexy girl in my anime.
Feb 28, 2021 6:44 AM

Nov 2016
Catalano said:
good thing you told me, now I don't wanna watch it, I need at least one sexy girl in my anime.

Oh the girls are sexy/beautiful, just don't expect fanservice.

Feb 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
Catalano said:

Mai and Maki are sexy as fuck as well as the teacher of Todo but ye dont expect ecchi scenes though
Feb 28, 2021 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
IPFdomain said:
Why post in white when you can shrink your text lmao
Feb 28, 2021 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
@fmmatron
@deg
thanks guys, I'll give it a shot then

Jul 2020
Chandela said:
IPFdomain said:
Because I'm one ban away from perma and didn't wanna get a ban for "spam." The mods on this site are embarrassing

♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The guys also arent sexualized as well and Gojou also manages to make himself hot without relying on ecchi fanservices, that's how good he is (and the show ofc) ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 28, 2021 6:48 AM

Jan 2021
well that's good for jjk then, it can become a good battle SHOUJO this time
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 28, 2021 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
IPFdomain said:
Chandela said:
Because I'm one ban away from perma and didn't wanna get a ban for "spam." The mods on this site are embarrassing
Is that actually an acceptable workaround for them? lol
Feb 28, 2021 6:49 AM

Nov 2016
Chandela said:
IPFdomain said:

Blank is coherent with the posts content

Catalano said:
@fmmatron
@deg
thanks guys, I'll give it a shot then

You're welcome

Feb 28, 2021 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
Nanami isn't just fanservice, he's literally the perfect man all around. What's the point of ever dating a real guy when they aren't Nanami. Gege Akutami what have you done the human race will die out.
Feb 28, 2021 6:51 AM

Jul 2020
Chandela said:
IPFdomain said:
I don't even know man LMAO guess we just have to wait and see

Feb 28, 2021 6:52 AM

Jul 2019
Well, what can I say, we have achieved equality in anime.

I do think that, ironically, the visuals have a say in this too, maybe it is to just better appearances instead of fanservice, but who knows. I haven't read the manga, will do after this season ends.
Feb 28, 2021 6:54 AM
May 2019
No, jujutsu kaisen doesn't sexualize male characters, Free is a good example of anime sexualizing men or Fairy tail where gray is always shown naked.

Jan 2013
IPFdomain said:
Chandela said:
I don't even know man LMAO guess we just have to wait and see
LMAOOOOO best of luck then I suppose

Jun 2014
Mirai said:
Nanami isn't just fanservice, he's literally the perfect man all around. What's the point of ever dating a real guy when they aren't Nanami. Gege Akutami what have you done the human race will die out.

I just went and looked that guy up. He looks like crap. What exactly do you see in him?

Feb 28, 2021 6:55 AM

Feb 2021
This can be said about literally every shounen. There will always be a male character people will thirst over. This is not only with JJK the case. And I don't think they are necessarily being oversexualized here. Ngl those types of characters appear in most shounen already and it's nothing new. The author knows what appeals to a part of the audience and I think they do a really good job.

Personally I'd tap Nanami.

Also: "Sukuna - badboy that would beat the eff out his girlfriend, but she loves him nonetheles" made me laugh because it is true and it is me.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 6:58 AM

Feb 2021
Seiya said:
Mirai said:

I just went and looked that guy up. He looks like crap. What exactly do you see in him?

BLASPHEMY. Look at this man. Look at him.
It's all preference and taste in the end. I think he is super hot.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 6:58 AM

Jun 2014
Trvshy said:
Seiya said:

He looks masc, and I hate masculine guys. I don't see anything attractive about him at all.

Feb 28, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2021
Seiya said:
Trvshy said:

He looks masc, and I hate masculine guys. I don't see anything attractive about him at all.

I mean that's fair enough. Like I said, it's about preference and taste in the end. Not everyone can have the same taste in men/women and it's okay to disagree.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
Mirai said:

Thanks for reaffirming
NextUniverse said:
Well, what can I say, we have achieved equality in anime.

I do think that, ironically, the visuals have a say in this too, maybe it is to just better appearances instead of fanservice, but who knows. I haven't read the manga, will do after this season ends.

That's a good point. Anime art is looking clean compared to the raw grittiness of the manga

Sayali567 said:
No, jujutsu kaisen doesn't sexualize male characters, Free is a good example of anime sexualizing men or Fairy tail where gray is always shown naked.

Plesse read my post again. Jujutsu Kaisen features subtle male fanservice

Trvshy said:
This can be said about literally every shounen. There will always be a male character people will thirst over. This is not only with JJK the case. And I don't think they are necessarily being oversexualized here. Ngl those types of characters appear in most shounen already and it's nothing new. The author knows what appeals to a part of the audience and I think they do a really good job.

Personally I'd tap Nanami.

Also: "Sukuna - badboy that would beat the eff out his girlfriend, but she loves him nonetheles" made me laugh because it is true and it is me.

That's true, but I think it sticks out here due to the sharp contrast. It's definitely an unusual case.

@Seiya with the best takes again

Feb 28, 2021 7:07 AM

Jul 2012
Well I, for one, love this kind of "fanservice".

Mirai said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Nanami is perfection.
Feb 28, 2021 7:08 AM

May 2020
ok
Good thread OP . Hmm yes the boys are hot but seriously ?

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 28, 2021 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
People can look sexy without showing flesh.
Feb 28, 2021 7:19 AM

Jun 2016
it shows the hypocrisy of some anime fans which are only okay with male fanservice, which there is btw. sukuna didn't rip its t-shirt in the first chapters for the sake of it and jujii shown almost naked too. Also i've seen 0 discussion on Twitter about it's characters ages but people just won't accept their own hypocrisy, so sad man..
Feb 28, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
Gojo is hotter than any of the girls. Honestly speaking Jujutsu doesnt sexualize any of its boys and girls at all except volume 12 cover.
Feb 28, 2021 7:23 AM

Apr 2020
i don't think they're oversexualized either, but that fanservice-ish tendency can be noticed (even without being fem, i really appreciate it, let's not be so normative) i think the big difference is they're well-written characters and it doesn't feel like the only thing they have to contribute to the plot its their appearance.

maybe it could be a recurrence of MAPPA? sounds very delusional? i was recently chatting with someone about some similarities between Gojouand Victor from YoI, wich also tends to emphasize male beauty

btw agree it feels very refreshing that JJK have female characters we may consider beautiful/sexy and yet have much more to tell without overplay fanservice. the tiredness of objectifying women or or non-male identities shouldnt be explained, right?
Feb 28, 2021 7:34 AM

Nov 2016
UberBat said:
People can look sexy without showing flesh.

Yeah, that's one of the points I tried to make

Xsaderr said:
Gojo is hotter than any of the girls.

Big faxx

Feb 28, 2021 7:35 AM

Nov 2016
AnitadelaBrisa said:
i don't think they're oversexualized either, but that fanservice-ish tendency can be noticed (even without being fem, i really appreciate it, let's not be so normative) i think the big difference is they're well-written characters and it doesn't feel like the only thing they have to contribute to the plot its their appearance.

maybe it could be a recurrence of MAPPA? sounds very delusional? i was recently chatting with someone about some similarities between Gojouand Victor from YoI, wich also tends to emphasize male beauty

btw agree it feels very refreshing that JJK have female characters we may consider beautiful/sexy and yet have much more to tell without overplay fanservice. the tiredness of objectifying women or or non-male identities shouldnt be explained, right?

The characters have a lot going for them, I'm in particular fond of how charismatic many of them are.

Seiya said:
Xsaderr said:
Gojo is hotter than any of the girls. Honestly speaking Jujutsu doesnt sexualize any of its boys and girls at all except volume 12 cover.

He looks like crap to me. Actually, all the guys in this anime look like crap.

I don't plan on ever watching it.

Why do you always sound so agressive when you reply to a different opinion?

Feb 28, 2021 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
Seiya said:

He looks like crap to me. Actually, all the guys in this anime look like crap.

Why do you always sound so agressive when you reply to a different opinion?

I'm wondering about that too. Also this seems more like unnecessary hate towards a popular anime to me idk. If you are only watching anime that fit into your taste in men then maybe you are missing out on a lot of good shows.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 7:45 AM

Nov 2016
@Trvshy

Well there we got our answer. Kinda expected tbh.

Feb 28, 2021 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
I honestly don't care if they oversexualize the girls or the boys, I'm sure a lot of girls wont matter and the same would be for the boys, no one really cares tbh. I mean there are a lot of people who will ruin and TRY TO CANCEL it because they oversexualized a girl..
Feb 28, 2021 7:48 AM

Dec 2016
Damn it I watch too much jojo, I didn't think the males in JJK were sexualized.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Feb 28, 2021 7:49 AM

Feb 2021
Seiya said:
Trvshy said:

I'm wondering about that too. Also this seems more like unnecessary hate towards a popular anime to me idk. If you are only watching anime that fit into your taste in men then maybe you are missing out on a lot of good shows.

Taste in men has nothing to do with why I'm avoiding this anime. I don't watch anime with excessive violence, because that stuff bothers me.

Well, that sounds more reasonable. But the way you said this:

Actually, all the guys in this anime look like crap.

makes it seem like your only reason for not watching is that the male characters don't fit into your taste in men.

Also:

Because I hate people who have different opinions.

that's a very weak mindset.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 7:50 AM

Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
@Trvshy

Yep... I hope they are trolling but even if not whatever I guess.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 7:51 AM

Jul 2019
Beautiful characters and archetypes are fanservice now? :/
Life is a despicable endurance race
Feb 28, 2021 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
I mean both the males and females are both pretty attractive, I guess the guys do show more skin, but using the word "over sexualization" at all is a bit exaggerated.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Feb 28, 2021 7:55 AM
Aug 2020
Like the girls the show doesn't sexualize them at all. First you're complaining about Sailor Moon and now this?
Feb 28, 2021 7:56 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think they are oversexualized either, they just have appealing designs, that's all. And even if they were, it's pretty refreshing. Girls get fan service far more often so it would be only fair.
Feb 28, 2021 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
DrSexy said:
Damn it I watch too much jojo, I didn't think the males in JJK were sexualized.

They aren't

From my opening post

>They're not sexualized, but their portrayal could be considered low-key more fanservice-esque

As for JoJo dudes. It's true that there's some overlap with what I adressed in my post, but I think the overall tone of the series is more GAR.

Trvshy said:
FMmatron said:
@Trvshy

Yep... I hope they are trolling but even if not whatever I guess.

That would make him the most dedicated troll I've ever seen.

MoonDragon72 said:
Like the girls the show doesn't sexualize them at all. First you're complaining about Sailor Moon and now this?

I never complained

It seems some people don't read my post thoroughly(typical AD) And here I was trying to make it not too long or does my wording suck?

Feb 28, 2021 8:03 AM
Sep 2020
deg said:
Catalano said:

Mai and Maki are sexy as fuck as well as the teacher of Todo but ye dont expect ecchi scenes though

Nobara best girl

30character kekwww
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Feb 28, 2021 8:23 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
wtf how are any of those characters oversexualized, you win the biggest reach of 2021
9cycle cycle9

Feb 28, 2021 8:24 AM
Aug 2018
oh no jujutsu kaisen boys are oversexualized
Feb 28, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2021
Seiya said:
Trvshy said:

Well, that sounds more reasonable. But the way you said this:

makes it seem like your only reason for not watching is that the male characters don't fit into your taste in men.

Also:

that's a very weak mindset.

It's something that I simply cannot help. I always feel alone in everything, and that I never belong anywhere. I could sit here all day, and complain about other things, like how your avatar grosses me out, but I guess that wouldn't be nice, so I'll end the conversation here.

Uhm okay lmao, you are weird. Maybe you should get help or something, you clearly got something going on. But yes let's end this here.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
RareWRLD said:
wtf how is any of those characters oversexualized, you win the biggest reach of 2021

In my title, I verified an assessment and then I raised a question. I admit it's clickbait-ish.

Please read my opening post, thank you

Feb 28, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Catalano said:

Yuki not getting ecchi scenes would be a crime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Episode 3 Discussion

Monkey_Business - Sep 21, 2020

6 by wallus81 »»
Mar 17, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen PV Episode 1 Discussion

purplepinapples - Dec 3, 2018

14 by deg »»
Apr 11, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Episode 2 Discussion

Monkey_Business - Sep 21, 2020

4 by deg »»
Apr 11, 2023 12:31 PM

» Has the English subbed version been released yet?

IrrelevantGuy - Sep 27, 2020

6 by sharosharo »»
Jun 20, 2021 10:59 PM

» A reminder that friday sucks now

r41venN - Apr 2, 2021

28 by Naroomaki »»
Apr 2, 2021 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.