Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 20, 2021 5:21 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I do. Rating Pingu 10/10 is a joke and kinda funny but this is just being toxic

It's not like i'm gonna leave it as a 1/10 anyways, it's just funny to see AoT stans like you get mad at a joke score

I'm not mad lol just disappointed
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 20, 2021 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
if you really believe aot deserves best boy, best antagonist, best fight scene, best score (outside of ashes on the fire there's nothing that stands out), best opening, AND best ending you're just like everyone else hyping up demon slayer and jujutsu kaisen. There's definitely going to be more stuff that are gonna be deserving of those awards
no
Feb 20, 2021 5:33 PM

Feb 2016
Roronoa said:
if you really believe aot deserves best boy, best antagonist, best fight scene, best score (outside of ashes on the fire there's nothing that stands out), best opening, AND best ending you're just like everyone else hyping up demon slayer and jujutsu kaisen. There's definitely going to be more stuff that are gonna be deserving of those awards

Best ed, best op for sure and best score is questionable
Best boy as a joke but very possible if hair bun Eren or Levi is nominated
Well if Sukuna with higher op screentime than in anime could win best antagonist I don't see why Eren can't but not likely
Best fight probably if they nail Levi forest or WFP
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 20, 2021 6:09 PM

Feb 2021
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I do. Rating Pingu 10/10 is a joke and kinda funny but this is just being toxic

It's not like i'm gonna leave it as a 1/10 anyways, it's just funny to see AoT stans like you get mad at a joke score

Not all people share your sense of humour. You are baiting without question, but not all will appreciate it. Quite toxic bait btw.
Feb 20, 2021 6:11 PM

Mar 2019
Gofigure said:
Clubby said:

Not all people share your sense of humour. You are baiting without question, but not all will appreciate it. Quite toxic bait btw.

The whole point of baiting is to bring out the toxic side of people, and it worked perfectly here.
Feb 20, 2021 6:30 PM

Feb 2021
Clubby said:
Gofigure said:

The whole point of baiting is to bring out the toxic side of people, and it worked perfectly here.

What's the point of tempering people into arguments?
Feb 20, 2021 7:24 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
daft_mariner said:
xenosys said:
Probably not.

There are plenty of shows airing this year, that CR tend to gravitate more towards.

Season 3 Part 2 was snubbed big time for a lot of categories despite being an overwhelming favourite with people on here back in 2019.

If there was a single episode award though, Episode 5 should win it. It's the best episode that's aired all year imo.

Just to clarify, sequels won't be up for the AoTY nomination because they aren't eligible, which rules out shows like AoT and Demon Slayer. It should technically rule out JJK again given the show was nominated and won this year.

People only tend to take the CR awards seriously when their favourite show scoops up all of the praise and adulation. Otherwise, it's generally regarded as a meme, even within the anime community.
Weren't March Comes in a Lion S2 and My Hero Academia S2 both nominated AOTY 2017?
daft_mariner said:
xenosys said:
Probably not.

There are plenty of shows airing this year, that CR tend to gravitate more towards.

Season 3 Part 2 was snubbed big time for a lot of categories despite being an overwhelming favourite with people on here back in 2019.

If there was a single episode award though, Episode 5 should win it. It's the best episode that's aired all year imo.

Just to clarify, sequels won't be up for the AoTY nomination because they aren't eligible, which rules out shows like AoT and Demon Slayer. It should technically rule out JJK again given the show was nominated and won this year.

People only tend to take the CR awards seriously when their favourite show scoops up all of the praise and adulation. Otherwise, it's generally regarded as a meme, even within the anime community.
Weren't March Comes in a Lion S2 and My Hero Academia S2 both nominated AOTY 2017?
MHA's hype at the time was at its peak also CR used to dick ride MHA all the time. As for Sangatsu S2, it is pretty much the best thing in the whole medium, so yeah.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 20, 2021 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Gofigure said:
Clubby said:

These kind of guys are the real threast then fma stans. Just like parasites ignore these shits
Feb 20, 2021 8:36 PM
Feb 2017
I hope it does because AOT is the GOAT

However knowing CrunchyRoll, they literally won't even give it a nomination for AOTY. That will literally be the biggest upset ever lmfao.
Feb 20, 2021 9:00 PM
Sep 2008
Knowing crunchyroll and because it is the final season they will nominate AOT in as many categories as they can, but honestly being nominated in the crunchyroll awards it is bad publicity.
Feb 21, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 2020
Well I don’t know about best animation. Or best character design. But it’ll probably win best anime.
Feb 21, 2021 5:32 AM
Dec 2020
TG-Golem said:
Hope not, so far this Season has been an overhyped disappointment and im not blaming MAPPA. The story is whack and disjointed so far imo. The world of AOT has opened up too quickly in one go and it feels like the story is jumping all over the place. Not to mention Sasha's death was contrived AF. I get the story is dark rn, but does the whole show need to look washed out and grey all the time? The attack on marley was so dark it looked awful. Where has the colour gone?
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, Overhyped??? if anything this season is under appreciated, story is wack? , disjointed? what anime did you watch, i am shocked at how ignorant you are about the story, if too much is happening and you didn’t follow up well that’s entirely your fault for turning off your brain while watching, Aot is the kind of show that requires you to use your head a bit, and sashas death was almost perfectly excuted, i have no idea where you’re coming from, And this is the first time i heard a complaint about how “dark” the attack on marly arc was, wtf is this even supposed to mean, the art? the animation? the setting of the arc? if that’s the case then we’re sorry to tell you that the setting for Marly arc was at night and in the city, this is the most bullshit criticism i ever heard.
Feb 21, 2021 7:05 AM

Mar 2019
Gofigure said:
Clubby said:

It's not like i'm begging people to look at my scores. It's just there for the AoT stans who care enough to point it out.
Feb 21, 2021 7:13 AM

Feb 2021
Considering AoT s3 p2 didn't even get nominated for AOTY in 2019, I doubt it.
Feb 21, 2021 7:14 AM

Oct 2013
imbAF said:
Still can't believe s3p2 wasn't anime of the year...but oh well, in the end we know that this is a popularity/hype contest...so idk, maybe

Neither do I, mate. I was really and greatly surprised after hearing that AoT Season 3 Part 2 wasn't crownes as anime of the year.

@L0sMichal0s, we need to wait and see, however I think the chances for AoT: The Final Season to dominate the awards are quite high.
Feb 21, 2021 7:14 AM

Jul 2020
All i know is they won't nominate Attack on titan for Anime of the year because it's a sequel.
Lmao who is the Antagonist in Aot s4?Eren is the protagonist.
Best fight scene would certainly be Survey corps vs Marley
ScordoloFeb 21, 2021 7:18 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 21, 2021 7:16 AM

Feb 2021
imbAF said:
Still can't believe s3p2 wasn't anime of the year...but oh well, in the end we know that this is a popularity/hype contest...so idk, maybe

I was actually astonished when I saw that it hadn't been nominated. It was fairly obvious that KnY would win the award due to the immense hype, but AoT s3 p2 was vastly superior, and at the very least deserved a nomination.
Feb 21, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
All i know is they won't nominate Attack on titan for Anime of the year because it's a sequel.

I haven't seen any sequels nominated for AOTY recently, but BNHA S2 was nominated in 2017, so I'm not completely sure if this is true.
Feb 21, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2020
Ackerman-Levi said:
Scordolo said:

I haven't seen any sequels nominated for AOTY recently, but BNHA S2 was nominated in 2017, so I'm not completely sure if this is true.

They didn't nominate any sequels this year.So i'm afraid they're gonna do the same for next year too.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 21, 2021 11:52 AM
Apr 2018
CEASAAAAAAR said:
TG-Golem said:
Hope not, so far this Season has been an overhyped disappointment and im not blaming MAPPA. The story is whack and disjointed so far imo. The world of AOT has opened up too quickly in one go and it feels like the story is jumping all over the place. Not to mention Sasha's death was contrived AF. I get the story is dark rn, but does the whole show need to look washed out and grey all the time? The attack on marley was so dark it looked awful. Where has the colour gone?
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, Overhyped??? if anything this season is under appreciated, story is wack? , disjointed? what anime did you watch, i am shocked at how ignorant you are about the story, if too much is happening and you didn’t follow up well that’s entirely your fault for turning off your brain while watching, Aot is the kind of show that requires you to use your head a bit, and sashas death was almost perfectly excuted, i have no idea where you’re coming from, And this is the first time i heard a complaint about how “dark” the attack on marly arc was, wtf is this even supposed to mean, the art? the animation? the setting of the arc? if that’s the case then we’re sorry to tell you that the setting for Marly arc was at night and in the city, this is the most bullshit criticism i ever heard.

Did you read the thread at all?
How is this underappreciated when its so high up on MAL? I dont get that logic. Im not ignorant either. Up until this point AOT has been reletively simple to follow turn your brain off or not. How dare you accuse me of not using me head. Sasha's death was not perfectly executed, it was contrived because Sasha was not supposed to have survived this long anyway and was supposed to have died way earlier. It was all rather convinient. Even when talking chatting, the zeppelin door was left wide open for any skilled marksmen to shoot through while the whole group was in view, after the soldiers death, the grapple hook stayed attached to the Zeppelin, Gabi used it and made a sound that Sasha heard. Sasha has fantastic instincts and sense yet she ignored it? Didnt think to check? See if it was a struggling/injured comrade? Its all a bit too convienent for me to swallow, all just because they needed a way to get Gabi and Falco to Paradis alone (Probably so they can see the war from our heroes perspectives and understand they have been fed bogus propaganda their whole lives).

The show is dark, visually grey and muted compared to previous seasons. No its not all the time, but idk if its just me, but its very noticable this time around. This isnt the best example https://twitter.com/PyraStanJord/status/1361583340852248581?s=20 but it rings true, look at how grey and muted the entire colour pallete is in that S4 shot and compare it to the colour of S3. Yes the corridor is lit, but there shouldnt be a reason why S4 looks so greyed out, the Attack On Marley was horribly dark and very hard to see what was going on sometimes, may just be my device, but I suspect this was done to the extent it was to mask jankier CGI with the 3DMG. Idk. I know the arc is darker tone, but its like the colour has been sapped from the show, some eps are worse than others of course and it'll probs be fixed for the blu-ray, but its just very distracting to me.

I was loving this Season until Attack on Marley was in full swing. The Warhammer Titan was an utter joke. Introduced and gone within the span of an episode or two. Lol kay. The fight didnt completely impress me either, but thats a different issue entirely. Post Attack on Marley and Sasha's death, the show is jumping all over the place and feeling disjointed to me. Its jumping into the past and present frequently, one min Historia is fine, next she's got long hair and pregnant looking miserable, who's the father? Like whats going on? This whole other nation having talks with Paradis, who the hell are they? Who is this woman ive never seen before? What the hell is this clan Mikasa is supposidly a part of related to them? Sure this may be answered, but this was what I was feeling after last weeks episode, it left me confused, baffled and feeling like I completely missed something. Last week just made me come to the realisation that compared to the hype and the quality of S3's storytelling as a whole, S4 has so far left a lot to be desired. Still not a fan of Eren, it feels like his character has taken a complete 180 regression back to being a constantly angry brat again, but im not reserving judgement on him yet considering we havnt seen him much yet in the grand scheme of things

Feb 21, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2019
I honestly thought that the awards were pretty understandable this time around. There was a lot of diversity in the choices and none of them had me shaking my head except for Tonikawa winning best couple.

I don’t think we will ever get another Yuri on Ice or MHA situation where an anime sweeps a bunch of categories. There is too much quality anime being released every season for that to happen.
Feb 21, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2015
No, i don't think it will. Mostly because Crunchyroll awards behave in a similar way to the Videogame awards. What i mean with this is that pretty much everyone gets at least a trophy so everyone can go home happy, even in categories where there should have been a clear winner. Example: in yesterday awards, best couple was won by Tonikawa, when the clear winner (at least in terms of popularity) should have been Kaguya-sama. In this particular case, not only they are trying to diversify who they're giving awards, but they are also promoting thier own exclusive anime. Bear in mind i was just giving an example, i haven't watched neither anime.

But anyway, it's just the way i feel watching this kind of Awards. Just my opinion, not meant to be taken seriusly
Feb 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Dec 2018
TG-Golem said:
CEASAAAAAAR said:

Did you read the thread at all?
How is this underappreciated when its so high up on MAL? I dont get that logic. Im not ignorant either. Up until this point AOT has been reletively simple to follow turn your brain off or not. How dare you accuse me of not using me head. Sasha's death was not perfectly executed, it was contrived because Sasha was not supposed to have survived this long anyway and was supposed to have died way earlier. It was all rather convinient. Even when talking chatting, the zeppelin door was left wide open for any skilled marksmen to shoot through while the whole group was in view, after the soldiers death, the grapple hook stayed attached to the Zeppelin, Gabi used it and made a sound that Sasha heard. Sasha has fantastic instincts and sense yet she ignored it? Didnt think to check? See if it was a struggling/injured comrade? Its all a bit too convienent for me to swallow, all just because they needed a way to get Gabi and Falco to Paradis alone (Probably so they can see the war from our heroes perspectives and understand they have been fed bogus propaganda their whole lives).

The show is dark, visually grey and muted compared to previous seasons. No its not all the time, but idk if its just me, but its very noticable this time around. This isnt the best example https://twitter.com/PyraStanJord/status/1361583340852248581?s=20 but it rings true, look at how grey and muted the entire colour pallete is in that S4 shot and compare it to the colour of S3. Yes the corridor is lit, but there shouldnt be a reason why S4 looks so greyed out, the Attack On Marley was horribly dark and very hard to see what was going on sometimes, may just be my device, but I suspect this was done to the extent it was to mask jankier CGI with the 3DMG. Idk. I know the arc is darker tone, but its like the colour has been sapped from the show, some eps are worse than others of course and it'll probs be fixed for the blu-ray, but its just very distracting to me.

I was loving this Season until Attack on Marley was in full swing. The Warhammer Titan was an utter joke. Introduced and gone within the span of an episode or two. Lol kay. The fight didnt completely impress me either, but thats a different issue entirely. Post Attack on Marley and Sasha's death, the show is jumping all over the place and feeling disjointed to me. Its jumping into the past and present frequently, one min Historia is fine, next she's got long hair and pregnant looking miserable, who's the father? Like whats going on? This whole other nation having talks with Paradis, who the hell are they? Who is this woman ive never seen before? What the hell is this clan Mikasa is supposidly a part of related to them? Sure this may be answered, but this was what I was feeling after last weeks episode, it left me confused, baffled and feeling like I completely missed something. Last week just made me come to the realisation that compared to the hype and the quality of S3's storytelling as a whole, S4 has so far left a lot to be desired. Still not a fan of Eren, it feels like his character has taken a complete 180 regression back to being a constantly angry brat again, but im not reserving judgement on him yet considering we havnt seen him much yet in the grand scheme of things

And why does the Warhammer titan need to last for long? what does it add to the story? what does Lara Tybur add to the story?

Dude they're showing you different time periods Historia three years ago and Historia now what's so hard to understand?

''who's the father? what's going on?''

Did you even pay attention to the episode they spent like 3 mins explaining that.

That other nation Hizuru motive and everything was made clear last two episodes what are you on about? and the lady was introduced back in episode 4.

Mikasa's clan thing was mentioned in S1 and 3

If this is confusing you then you should probably rewatch the show or drop it since it isn't getting any simpler anytime soon
Feb 22, 2021 11:56 AM

Aug 2019
Probably not.

It got absolutely done over in 2019 when it was arguably the best anime of the year. Didn't even get a nomination for the AoTY either.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.