Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 20, 2021 4:33 AM

Feb 2016
this year awards wasnt really dominated by a single anime but still some picks that definitely deserved a win or more wins didnt make it like Beastars, Great Pretender and Dorohedoro and got overshadowed by recent hyped shonen shows like Jujutsu (i still dont understand how Jujutsu won best antagonist and anime of the year with 10 eps released).. so do you think next year will be dominated by AoT ? Next year is gonna be really hard for AoT, its gonna be really hard in general to pick a single show with Chainsaw Man, Demon Slayer 2 ,MHA 5 and many more heats realeasing this year.
What are your thoughts ?
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2021 4:39 AM
Jan 2021
Still can't believe s3p2 wasn't anime of the year...but oh well, in the end we know that this is a popularity/hype contest...so idk, maybe
Feb 20, 2021 4:40 AM

Feb 2016
imbAF said:
Still can't believe s3p2 wasn't anime of the year...but oh well, in the end we know that this is a popularity/hype contest...so idk, maybe

Yeah anime of the year = most popular when it comes to crunchy awards
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 20, 2021 4:51 AM
Jan 2021
Those who follow crunchyroll awards are plain idiots,seriously who gives a shit about those awards.uts just a popularity contest
All anime are equally bad(good).

Ladies and gentlemen and everyone in between, please join your hands with me to promote anime equality.
Feb 20, 2021 4:54 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
As usual, Kaguya-sama AotY 3 years in a row baby!
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 20, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2016
cchigu said:
cchigu said:

Huh? Kaguya-sama won only best girl award
Feb 20, 2021 5:08 AM

Dec 2015
I can't comment about Crunchyroll Awards without first saying: Fuck Crunchyroll Awards!

Now, I legitimately believe it won't be dominated by Final Season mainly because both and jury and the public don't care about the quality of a certain anime while voting for it. SNK S3P2 not even being nominated for AOTY is the living proof of that. At best case it will somehow win the AOTY, but I genuinely believe a random battle shounen have more chance of winning, specially since fucking Kimetsu no Yaiba and Jujutsu Kaisen won AOTY.

Also, let's not forget they have a lot of Awards that are completely unimportant to the quality of a certain anime, like Best Boy, Best Girl, Best Couple, Best Hero, Best Villain
BetterTasteFeb 21, 2021 7:51 PM
Feb 20, 2021 5:09 AM

Feb 2021
do the anime gain anything from these awards or just bragging rights?
Protesters, assemble!!
Feb 20, 2021 5:10 AM
Apr 2018
Hope not, so far this Season has been an overhyped disappointment and im not blaming MAPPA. The story is whack and disjointed so far imo. The world of AOT has opened up too quickly in one go and it feels like the story is jumping all over the place. Not to mention Sasha's death was contrived AF. I get the story is dark rn, but does the whole show need to look washed out and grey all the time? The attack on marley was so dark it looked awful. Where has the colour gone?
TG-GolemFeb 20, 2021 5:15 AM
Feb 20, 2021 5:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
L0sMichal0s said:
Yeah, I was not talking about the shittyroll awards lmao. I remember they snubbed Sangatsu S2 too, and that is literally the best anime ever made lmao.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 20, 2021 5:15 AM

Feb 2016
cchigu said:
L0sMichal0s said:
Yeah, I was not talking about the shittyroll awards lmao. I remember they snubbed Sangatsu S2 too, and that is literally the best anime ever made lmao.

Also Oregairu s3 not even nominated once is kinda funny and sad at the same time
Feb 20, 2021 5:16 AM
Oct 2020
Well.....considering what we saw last night...maybe next year for AOT, Demon Slayer Season 2, etc. Anime that are most likely going to appear next year. AOT will most likely DOMINATE next year’s award show!
Feb 20, 2021 5:16 AM

Jul 2019
Considering this season will end on 116 it will be hard honestly. Part 2 if done well will win the next award for sure.
Feb 20, 2021 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
If the AoT fandom can mobilize it's numbers as usual then it should be a piece of cake.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2021 5:22 AM

Feb 2016
TG-Golem said:
Hope not, so far this Season has been an overhyped disappointment and im not blaming MAPPA. The story is whack and disjointed so far imo. The world of AOT has opened up too quickly in one go and it feels like the story is jumping all over the place. Not to mention Sasha's death was contrived AF. I get the story is dark rn, but does the whole show need to look washed out and grey all the time? The attack on marley was so dark it looked awful. Where has the colour gone?

You know night is usually dark and not full of colors. Also colorful animations doesn't fit war theme. This season is so far great with pacing and true to the source material. Story is amazing and those arcs are one of the best arcs in manga if not the best. ofc ultimate AoT peak are considered chapters 121-123 and 133
Feb 20, 2021 5:23 AM

May 2020
Considering its a popularity contest , I wouldn't be surprised if AOT won in Best animation

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Feb 20, 2021 5:25 AM

Feb 2016
shingojira-san said:
Considering its a popularity contest , I wouldn't be surprised if AOT won in Best animation

Best animation will win chainsaw or demon slayer for sure
Feb 20, 2021 5:30 AM
Aug 2020
L0sMichal0s said:
imbAF said:

not for S3 P2 year tho
Feb 20, 2021 5:40 AM

Sep 2019
RoyalGodyssey said:
L0sMichal0s said:

not for S3 P2 year tho
it wasn't that popular then.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 20, 2021 5:42 AM
Apr 2018
L0sMichal0s said:
TG-Golem said:

You know night is usually dark and not full of colors. Also colorful animations doesn't fit war theme. This season is so far great with pacing and true to the source material. Story is amazing and those arcs are one of the best arcs in manga if not the best. ofc ultimate AoT peak are considered chapters 121-123 and 133

Yeah, I get that, but there were scenes so dark I could barely see what was happening. Thats not good. Im mainly refering to stuff like this, were things are all grey and muted for the sake of it. https://twitter.com/PyraStanJord/status/1361583340852248581?s=20
The story so far is... Okay. I loved the 3rd season, the politics was great, the basement revelation was so well done and hardly disappointing, it was great. Season 4 so far to me has been rocky as hell ever since the Attack on Marley began. The Warhammer Titan was an absolute joke, introduced and defeated in the span of an episode or two. Sasha's death was contrived AF, the equipment was still conviniently attached to the Zeppelin, the door was left wide open so the enemy could have shot inside while they were talking at the door, Sasha heard someone and with her amazong gut instinct and general awareness she didnt think to check? Im not buying it.

Post Attack on Marley, im just confused. The show is introducing so many characters and time jumping constantly that its feeling really disjointed and messy
Feb 20, 2021 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
TG-Golem said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Yeah, I get that, but there were scenes so dark I could barely see what was happening. Thats not good. Im mainly refering to stuff like this, were things are all grey and muted for the sake of it. https://twitter.com/PyraStanJord/status/1361583340852248581?s=20
The story so far is... Okay. I loved the 3rd season, the politics was great, the basement revelation was so well done and hardly disappointing, it was great. Season 4 so far to me has been rocky as hell ever since the Attack on Marley began. The Warhammer Titan was an absolute joke, introduced and defeated in the span of an episode or two. Sasha's death was contrived AF, the equipment was still conviniently attached to the Zeppelin, the door was left wide open so the enemy could have shot inside while they were talking at the door, Sasha heard someone and with her amazong gut instinct and general awareness she didnt think to check? Im not buying it.

Post Attack on Marley, im just confused. The show is introducing so many characters and time jumping constantly that its feeling really disjointed and messy

hmm so its dark because someone who havent watched it saw screenshot of characters standing in shadow inside a building and called it dark and gloomy ? hmm interesting

it doesnt look so dark to me .. i dont know what people expect from dark places or events happening in night but usually those type of scenes happen to be dark
and also different studio = different style, colors, etc.
MAPPA approach to colors and animations is more realistic and also those dark shots help CGI to blend in which is good
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eupd-LrXYAACRpv?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuUBfqwXYAIgtfX?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO7JD9XAAQEYdc?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO7FF5XEAAQ0Ok?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO7FF3XYAUAjqw?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO7FF8WYAQuk7B?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO7FGDWgAM7yvC?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO6zAtXIAI9QG3?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuQlHloXEAAEZsa?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO6udBXYAMfFfo?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuO6uc_XEAIuyPw?format=jpg&name=medium
Feb 20, 2021 6:13 AM

Sep 2020
If AoT is on aoty these rotting deadman brainlets would have lamest reasonings like overrated and can't have legitimitae objective analysis
Feb 20, 2021 6:26 AM
Apr 2018
Just for note, there is more Just watch the show and compare, even in S1-3's darkest scenes, there is more colour. I dont have the time to gather shite tonnes of reference pics. But Season 4 is definitely more muted and greyed out no matter how you slice it. MAPPA have done a great job with the CGI so far, I commend them (Though I hope in the Blu Ray's they are composited more like Episode 1 where the lines between Drawn and CGI looked a lot more blurred).

The lastest episode was better, I'll give it that.
Feb 20, 2021 6:39 AM
Dec 2019
Erens gonna win best protagonist and antagonist
Feb 20, 2021 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
Attack on Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen
Feb 20, 2021 7:06 AM
Jul 2020
Frankob05 said:
Erens gonna win best protagonist and antagonist
It would really be full circle if Eren was nominated both protagonist and antagonist. Everyone would agree on it.
Feb 20, 2021 7:15 AM

Dec 2020
Armin would win best girl
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Feb 20, 2021 7:45 AM

Jul 2019
I think Demon slayer would win AOTY 2021, bcuz the arc s2 is going to adapt is considered as the best demon slayer arc moreover with god tier animation which will air just before anime award. Only aot can give a good competition to ds at that time.
Feb 20, 2021 7:52 AM
Sep 2020
L0sMichal0s said:
TG-Golem said:

I don't get why people keep saying that the best AOT chapters are 121-122. For me, nothing tops chapter 130 and 131
Feb 20, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2019
Probably not.

There are plenty of shows airing this year, that CR tend to gravitate more towards.

Season 3 Part 2 was snubbed big time for a lot of categories despite being an overwhelming favourite with people on here back in 2019.

If there was a single episode award though, Episode 5 should win it. It's the best episode that's aired all year imo.

Just to clarify, sequels won't be up for the AoTY nomination because they aren't eligible, which rules out shows like AoT and Demon Slayer. It should technically rule out JJK again given the show was nominated and won this year.

People only tend to take the CR awards seriously when their favourite show scoops up all of the praise and adulation. Otherwise, it's generally regarded as a meme, even within the anime community.
Feb 20, 2021 8:45 AM

Aug 2019
TG-Golem said:
Just for note, there is more Just watch the show and compare, even in S1-3's darkest scenes, there is more colour. I dont have the time to gather shite tonnes of reference pics. But Season 4 is definitely more muted and greyed out no matter how you slice it. MAPPA have done a great job with the CGI so far, I commend them (Though I hope in the Blu Ray's they are composited more like Episode 1 where the lines between Drawn and CGI looked a lot more blurred).

The lastest episode was better, I'll give it that.

Well you'll need to support your point of view, because the first example you gave was horrible. You've compared two images : one in a darkened corridor, with a scene bathed in sunlight. Of course one is going to appear darker.
Feb 20, 2021 9:46 AM
Jun 2015
No because a certain fuckin anime's coming out that beat it in 2019 again. It'll be that one.
Feb 20, 2021 10:00 AM
Jul 2020
xenosys said:
Probably not.

There are plenty of shows airing this year, that CR tend to gravitate more towards.

Season 3 Part 2 was snubbed big time for a lot of categories despite being an overwhelming favourite with people on here back in 2019.

If there was a single episode award though, Episode 5 should win it. It's the best episode that's aired all year imo.

Just to clarify, sequels won't be up for the AoTY nomination because they aren't eligible, which rules out shows like AoT and Demon Slayer. It should technically rule out JJK again given the show was nominated and won this year.

People only tend to take the CR awards seriously when their favourite show scoops up all of the praise and adulation. Otherwise, it's generally regarded as a meme, even within the anime community.
Weren't March Comes in a Lion S2 and My Hero Academia S2 both nominated AOTY 2017?
Feb 20, 2021 12:28 PM

Jun 2020
I think it'll win anime of the year but idk about anything else
Feb 20, 2021 2:58 PM
Jun 2020
Not really we have show like re;zero and dr stone already which are lineing up to be great also there is still the rest of the year woth show like shield 2
Feb 20, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2018
It won't dominate, with shows you mentioned KNY S2, MHA 5, Chainsaw man, Bleach(?), Re zero s2 its just impossible, but it should win some. And like someone mention animes which has premiere just before awards have higer chances, sometime anime fans act like they have 3 months memory, they change thier favorite anime every season.
Feb 20, 2021 4:20 PM

Mar 2019
Given how obsessed AoT stans are with forcing this series down people's throats, it will dominate, but not because it actually deserves it.
Feb 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
Given how obsessed AoT stans are with forcing this series down people's throats, it will dominate, but not because it actually deserves it.

Nice 1/10 rating of AoT 4 btw. all I needed to know
Feb 20, 2021 4:24 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

And another one takes the bait :D
Look at my ratings of the other seasons, look at my comment for s4, and you'll see what I mean.
Feb 20, 2021 4:27 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Look at my ratings of the other seasons, look at my comment for s4, and you'll see what I mean.

Don't really care tbh. Those troll reviews and ratings speak for itself
Feb 20, 2021 4:28 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

You haven't noticed how I don't rate shows until i've finished them? And that the only ones that I have scored without finishing are jokes and are obviously gonna be changed later?
You just got baited my dude
Feb 20, 2021 4:30 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

You haven't noticed how I don't rate shows until i've finished them? And that the only ones that I have scored without finishing are jokes and are obviously gonna be changed later?

Baited ? I don't think so. You talk shit and bait reactions because you lack attention probably KEK
Feb 20, 2021 4:32 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

Baited ? I don't think so. You talk shit and bait reactions because you lack attention probably KEK

I'm not talking shit, I like AoT, but the fandom has to be the worst along with the MHA fandom.
The fact that the first thing you had to say about what I said was my score proves it.
Feb 20, 2021 4:34 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I'm not talking shit, I like AoT, but the fandom has to be the worst along with the MHA fandom.
The fact that the first thing you had to say about what I said was my score proves it.

Hmm ? It just proves that you are the problem. You are the one talking shit on AoT forum about AoT with rating 1/10 on it. You are one of those toxic fandom guys
Feb 20, 2021 4:36 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

Hmm ? It just proves that you are the problem. You are the one talking shit on AoT forum about AoT with rating 1/10 on it. You are one of those toxic fandom guys

I've never shit talked AoT, i've just expressed my opinion on it, and that's that it's not as good as people make it out to be, it's maybe an 8-8.5/10.
You're acting like i'm the biggest Anti AoT person on here, again, check my scores for the previous seasons lmaooo
Feb 20, 2021 4:39 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I've never shit talked AoT, i've just expressed my opinion on it, and that's that it's not as good as people make it out to be, it's maybe an 8-8.5/10.
You're acting like i'm the biggest Anti AoT person on here, again, check my scores for the previous seasons lmaooo

As I said don't care. 1/10 speaking for itself you are part of the problem
Feb 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

You clearly don't understand the point of a joke rating do you?
Feb 20, 2021 4:44 PM

Feb 2016
Clubby said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I do. Rating Pingu 10/10 is a joke and kinda funny but this is just being toxic
Feb 20, 2021 4:50 PM

Mar 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
Clubby said:

I do. Rating Pingu 10/10 is a joke and kinda funny but this is just being toxic

It's not like i'm gonna leave it as a 1/10 anyways, it's just funny to see AoT stans like you get mad at a joke score
Feb 20, 2021 4:53 PM

Jun 2020
I nominate AOT for best comedy. Seriously, I was laughing throughout the whole series because it was that funny!

That part when Gabi climb up to blimp and shot Sasha was comedy gold. 10/10 would re-watch that scene and laugh again.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.