Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2021 8:36 AM
Dec 2017
With the exception of some moments where the animation didn't keep up the the quality of the story, this episode was just perfect. Subaru finally showed that he doesn't look at emilia as the "holy angel that saved him", but loves her as the human girl she truly is. Also, we get shown why otto wants to support subaru so much, and how useful he really is.
Jan 13, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2020
they did so well in adapting it, I'm so proud. Subaru finally caught that fat W, and Otto once again proves he's best bro.
Jan 13, 2021 8:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, Subaru's done it! At long last! God, that confession is right up there with the likes of Rem's in Ep 18. EMT, ftw! Wonderful insert song for company and the VA was top-notch!

For sure, Subaru didn't just tell Otto and Ram to take a beating for this so I'm curious what's coming next.

Damn, that was quite the past for Otto by the way, it's a good thing he can kind of switch off his power otherwise I imagine he wouldn't have a long lifespan. Ram punching Garfiel like a sandbag was oddly satisfying though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 13, 2021 8:44 AM

Sep 2020
Really really good episode. A little bit sad that they didn't used the ED song during the Subaru x Emilia Kiss or showed us the OP. But that aside, It was really really good!
This scene is Life:

Even though they used CGI for the buggs and the Garfiel fight looked awkward at times, It was well executed.

Really good episode overall! Between WN and LN differences, there's not much to say.

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Jan 13, 2021 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Otto being the true bro and MVP, taking an assbeat from Gar to let Subaru kiss Emilia. Had to double check when I saw 27 minutes mark on this episode haha.
Jan 13, 2021 8:48 AM
Apr 2019
Atomic_Senpai said:
Cringe fest of an episode, how pathetic Emilia is.
Yeah How dare she cry when she is mentally like a teenager and someone finally loves her instead of telling her she is a witch... dude stop it...
Jan 13, 2021 8:49 AM

Oct 2018
This is the happiest moment in my life, thank you, Re Zero!
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 13, 2021 8:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't even know what to feel about this. Wasn't as impactful as the Rem speech from the first season and it went a bit off the rails after a while but still pretty cool, and felt like a long time coming

Rem fans crying in a corner
Jan 13, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2020
Sorry Emilia lovers but Otto has proven once again why he's best waifu.
Jan 13, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
HaXXspetten said:
I don't even know what to feel about this. Wasn't as impactful as the Rem speech from the first season and it went a bit off the rails after a while but still pretty cool, and felt like a long time coming

If we don't see Rem until the end of the season, I'll be disappointed :((
Jan 13, 2021 9:03 AM

Jun 2019
Good to see Otto's past. And OMG that kiss made me cry.... T_T
Jan 13, 2021 9:05 AM
Apr 2019
What a powerful episode. Didn't expect Otto to have such a interesting back story and also love the talk that Subaru and Emilia had, almost made me tear up
Jan 13, 2021 9:07 AM
Mar 2018
I absolutely loved it, the adaptation was fine as expected, you can complain about CGI but I don't care, Ram and Otto were absolutely stunning and the soundtrack didn't lack at all. On the other hand, Emilia and Subaru scene preserved the essence of the light novel very well, and that insert song my god 10/10 episode
Jan 13, 2021 9:10 AM

Mar 2020
Damn that was attack on titan level of good, an easy 5/5 for me.
check out odd taxi
Jan 13, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2020
We eating good this season ong

Jan 13, 2021 9:15 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
That episode was very nice we got a lot out of the conversations between Subaru and Emilia.

And Otto's backstory is very good and that power he has I see could become very useful.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2019
Great episode, loved the backstory, oh and finally it happened.

Jan 13, 2021 9:20 AM
Sep 2008
Amazing 1st half, boring 2nd half. I really could not care less about Subaru and Emilia's relationship since he's just saying the same stuff as before he knew anything about her. It's a fake love and has never come across as genuine, just implanted in him along with return by death.
Jan 13, 2021 9:21 AM
Sep 2008
SVTFOE4EVR said:
Really really good episode. A little bit sad that they didn't used the ED song during the Subaru x Emilia Kiss or showed us the OP. But that aside, It was really really good!
This scene is Life:

Even though they used CGI for the buggs and the Garfiel fight looked awkward at times, It was well executed.

Really good episode overall! Between WN and LN differences, there's not much to say.

LOL why did I click the spoiler expecting just a large image or something?
Jan 13, 2021 9:24 AM
Apr 2018
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 13, 2021 9:25 AM
Jan 2021
Wooohooo finally Subaru kissed Emilia ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jan 13, 2021 9:26 AM

Aug 2019
Fantastic episode! First part was Otto with his backstory, i didn't expect him to have an interesting and good backstory that was also sad or even sadder than Subaru's. Ram and Otto fight against Garfiel was also great and the insert of the opening while it's happening got me out of my seat, pretty good job again White Fox.

Second part, Emilia and Subaru is a fucking 10/10, nothing more to say about this. I loved them fighting and getting mad at each other. Takahashi Rie also nailed Emilia's voice this time, and a kiss!

Just a perfect episode.
Jan 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Apr 2018
EMILIA Sukiiiiii.... da!

SUBARU's done a lot of effort to convince EMILIA.
23:55 That Kiss!

"You'll be fine, EMILIA. I am on your side."
Doutei-kunJan 13, 2021 9:35 AM
Jan 13, 2021 9:30 AM
Apr 2020
I'm a big rezero fan so this may sound biased but to me that was the best episode in anime ever.
Jan 13, 2021 9:31 AM
Apr 2018
The direction and the tone for the Brotto flashback was amazing. Loved that part.

Emilia and Subaru's conversation was great and the VA were amazing but I feel it lacked visually. Didn't really like the use of insert music there
Jan 13, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
Very good episode.. but the animation where otto and garfiel fight, i expected better especially with the CGI but other than that everything was fine. Can't wait for more.
A sandwich

Jul 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
Amazing 1st half, boring 2nd half. I really could not care less about Subaru and Emilia's relationship since he's just saying the same stuff as before he knew anything about her. It's a fake love and has never come across as genuine, just implanted in him along with return by death.

I kinda agree. Though I didn’t find the second half boring per se, something about the build up to the kiss felt off. Meanwhile, the first half served as a way to learn more about Otto, which was pretty interesting. Overall, a good episode all things considered.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 2019
I loved this episode. The Otto story was great and the last part with Emilia was perfect.
Jan 13, 2021 9:33 AM

Mar 2018
animejas said:
I was bored for the most part I won't lie, especially with the Otto portion, ending was definitely solid and well-executed though even if a tad cringey (which the show's always been when it comes to its romantic dialogue so it's not too shocking). I can see the score for this anime rising by quite some bit after that kiss scene with Emilia and Subaru.

What was "cringey" about it? It was a pivotal moment that imparted a great message, with each of Subaru's lines hitting the nail in the head. The Rem speech in episode 18 was especially phenomenal also with its understanding of the psychology of growth (unconditional love without unconditional acceptance).
Jan 13, 2021 9:33 AM
May 2020
I always liked Otto but now he's one of my favorite carachters. Emilia was so dramatic but I understand that she was sad because of Puck. And we finnaly get the kiss ❤❤
Jan 13, 2021 9:35 AM

Mar 2018
swordmaster2551 said:

You didn't really follow what he was saying or the point of the scene, or hell their entire relationship buildup, did you?
Jan 13, 2021 9:37 AM

Sep 2019
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you...

THEY KISSED AHHHHH.
Jan 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2015
When Emilia and Subaru have been screaming at each other so loud for such a long time in the conversation it seriously upset me and i almost vomitted, i can not really handle such distressing situations with the anxiety and because anime manifests everything with the most perfected apperances and feelings it makes the conversation as much emotional and spiritual as possible so it caused me this distressing uneasiness at that moment, although i am glad that they eventually managed to resolve the issue and arrive at a favourable and loving conclusion.
Jan 13, 2021 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
Back when I watched the first season in 2016 I would have never thought they would flesh out Otto that much, and I don't regret anything. Best bro.
Nice Petelgeuse cameo in the flashback lol.

And Subaru finally got to kiss Emilia and confess his true feelings for her. Great scene with a very solid voice acting ending with a cute kiss. Let's hope Subaru manages to protect Emilia's smile (or whatever is left from it) in this timeline. He better don't die.
Jan 13, 2021 9:42 AM
Oct 2015
SupChoco said:
HaXXspetten said:

You will see her this season, still in coma
Jan 13, 2021 9:42 AM

Nov 2019
swordmaster2551 said:

If you don’t care about Subaru or Emilia then why are you watching re zero? They are literally the 2 main characters.
Jan 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2016
If Arc 4 isn't a masterpiece, then nothing is

Whitefox have done more than I could've hoped for and so have the voice actors! Blows episode 18 out of the water!

Been waiting for this scene for years, EMT BANZAI!

And it's only gonna get better from here on out
FireFistYKJan 13, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 13, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2019
Yes, he did it. He finally showed his love and went for the kiss.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 13, 2021 9:47 AM
Sep 2008
ExcaliburAO said:
swordmaster2551 said:

If you don’t care about Subaru or Emilia then why are you watching re zero? They are literally the 2 main characters.

I care about subaru, literally everything else in the show ranges from fine to great except their relationship. The show has never given me a reason to care about their relationship at all since he's been spouting about how much he loves her from the beginning.
Jan 13, 2021 9:47 AM

Jan 2021
Everything about this episode was great from Ottos backstory to the fight will Garfiel all of it was great. But the best part was the kiss. I have waited so long for it to happen and when it did it made me so so happy.

This episode has joined the ranks to become one of my favorite episodes in all of anime. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Also i enjoyed seeing Betelgeuse again even if just for a second.
ZMATRIXJan 24, 2022 4:56 PM
Jan 13, 2021 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
SupChoco said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well let's just say Yes but also no.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Oct 2020
This episode was so cute, my heart is melting.
Jan 13, 2021 9:51 AM
Sep 2008
Jaereku said:
swordmaster2551 said:

You didn't really follow what he was saying or the point of the scene, or hell their entire relationship buildup, did you?

I get it, she returns his feelings and he'll stick by her no matter what because he "loves" her but his feelings are fake to begin with so it's all rather pointless. There is no buildup from his side. He's "loved" her from day one and thanks to Rem he no longer sees her as his angel but as a person, however, it doesn't come off as real at all since he's been saying the same dumb shit since the beginning.

At least starting showing me emilia's past so I can actually care about why she's doing what she's doing and why she cares, last episode was a start, but we had to wait this long just to be given a reason to care about her that isn't because Subaru cares about her.
Jan 13, 2021 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Omg this episode is amazing. The long awaited moment for me as a Web and Light novel Reader!!!

Emilia is truly best girl, and we're not even done with the season yet. Still so much to go...Arc 4 is already a masterpiece but this was just Chief's kiss.

Well done White Fox, thank you making this moment so great, very well acted on both Emilia and Subaru's VAs.

Now I only hope they include...

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 13, 2021 9:56 AM

Mar 2018
swordmaster2551 said:
I get it, she returns his feelings and he'll stick by her no matter what because he "loves" her but his feelings are fake to begin with so it's all rather pointless. There is no buildup from his side. He's "loved" her from day one and thanks to Rem he no longer sees her as his angel but as a person, however, it doesn't come off as real at all since he's been saying the same dumb shit since the beginning.

At least starting showing me emilia's past so I can actually care about why she's doing what she's doing and why she cares, last episode was a start, but we had to wait this long just to be given a reason to care about her that isn't because Subaru cares about her.

Those are all conclusions you yourself came to for whatever reason. Subaru very clearly realized his feelings after she saved him from the brink in EP8, was attracted to her due to her selflessness from first sight (he even literally spells out why he loves her in the first place this episode). Hell, his room is even filled with silver-haired heroines. He always had genuine & organic feelings for her, which started out as toxic idealization before considering her a real, flawed human being, like you sad.

There's plenty of buildup from his side, people just really don't see it because they watch this show via their little waifu goggles.
Jan 13, 2021 9:56 AM
Jun 2016
Otto Best boy 😍 also isnt young otto super cutee 😍
And finaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy Subaru kissed Emilia yaaay my heart is still pounding im soooo happyyyyy
Jan 13, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2018
Damn nice episode, 5/5
I still want Barusu to die and go back before he kissed Emilia, I like her a lot but i like Rem more.
The story is long so anything can happen....

Plz pick Rem 😭.
Jan 13, 2021 9:58 AM

Mar 2017
Finally! It took 1 season and a half but we finally made it... the kiss! So sweet! Is it weird that I found thought the two arguing was nice to see... hear me out; so far Subaru has worshipped the ground Emilia walks on and Emilia has just accepted it without understand but finally they argued until they both came to an understanding and I'd say that's some damn great progress!

It was very satisfying to learn about Otto's past too and to find out that he has such an amazing gift. His backstory just makes me love him more! I hope that one day he can see his family again. We finally understand now why he cares and believes in Subaru so much. OTTO BEST BOOOOOY!
Jan 13, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
Otto's past was even more interesting that I could imagine! If Rem is best girl, Otto is surely best boy! Really appreciated the combat between him, Ram and Garfiel (who is probably the only character in the whole series I find terribly obnoxious).

On the other hand, I found the dialogue between Subaru and Emilia rather strange. It started very cute and fluffy, then diverted mid-way with Subaru being excessively a jerk ("Try to look as cute as I hoped you would!"... Really, Subaru? Why do you have to always spoil the mood?) and then regained ground towards the end. This basically confirms that Subaru loves Emilia in the same way as Rem loves Subaru. I feel that the last part of their dialogue will be a foreshadowing of future events. I really wonder if Subaru will love Emilia "forever" as he says.
RomoresJan 13, 2021 10:12 AM
Jan 13, 2021 9:59 AM

May 2019
I could not watch the episode yet, but i read people hyping it a lot.

Even so, i don't think this episode is going to be rated better than the "I Know" Episode from S2 1st Part.

That episode here in MAL score 91.94% of 5.00.

No other episode of the 1st cour was this over 90%.

Is there any moment of this season that could surpass that?
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

490 by repispo »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

618 by coelhopreto »»
Jun 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

19 by QcDiablo »»
Jun 11, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.