Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Oregairu is quite the strange series for me.

I found Season 1 very lackluster. Not bad by any means, but it was a very generic rom-com/slice of life series.
However, Season 2 impressed me immensely with how it was able to build upon the first season. While I did have to look up interpretations of the series to truly understand it, I found it very intriguing.
However, Season 3 is even more peculiar.
There were so many memorable, charming, and heartfelt moments throughout, but I felt the thing tying it all together - the debate over codependency, held it back from truly excelling.

However, this final episode made me understand what that was all about.
The debate over codependency was never truly a problem, but our protagonists thought too hard and made it one. Of course, there was definitely room for improvement in how they bonded with each other, but codependency wasn't it.
All that aside, I had other smaller issues too. I was never truly sold on Yukino as a character until these final two episodes. While I do consider her writing to be somewhat flawed, it only held the series back somewhat. Hachiman and Yui did more than enough to make up for it.

Add in some pleasant visuals and comedy, and this was a great season when it's all said and done. This final episode was great in particular.

I give this season a 9.25/10.
And as a whole, I'd give the show a high 8, or maybe just barely a nine. Season 1 was a rough start, but the following two seasons are definitely worth sitting through the first for.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Sep 24, 2020 12:14 PM

Sep 2019
Great finale!

The mini date just put a smile on my face. Yukinoshita was so beautiful.

And her "I love you" topped everything.

Also the farewell with Hiratsuka Sensei was quite emotional for me.

Where did my false Seishun go?

10/10.
InkEyes13Sep 24, 2020 12:18 PM
Sep 24, 2020 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
It's been 7 years, fellas. But it was totally worth.
Sep 24, 2020 12:16 PM

Dec 2010
Been watching this since the first season was airing. I can't believe it's already been 7 entire years. I remember really liking the show back then, especially the protag Hachiman. Sadly I was more bored by this season than anything else. Either the show lost it's magic or I outgrew its charms.
This last episode however was everything I was waiting for. Yukinon turning complete dere was fitting for this finale. I think I'll miss these two dorks being awkward with each other.
Sep 24, 2020 12:16 PM
Jun 2020
Marinate1016 said:
I really wish I wasn’t so petty and could say I enjoyed Oregairu Kan, but waifu wars go brr. Objectively this probably was an amazing episode, it did bring everything full circle, the use of OP 1 was beautiful, but not liking Yukino stopped me from having any real happiness about this season or this ending. All I can say is.. pain.
Go read manga or LN then, anime did skip out on a lot of Yukino stuff..
Sep 24, 2020 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
Wonderful, I loved it.

10/10.
Sep 24, 2020 12:19 PM
Apr 2015
All good things must come to an end. It's been a good ride, I'm very happy to have experienced this show.

Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Sep 24, 2020 12:20 PM
Jun 2020
AmineDane said:
CrossBlack said:
I liked this ending, I saw it coming from the first episode of this series, don't know what Yui fans were expecting, it was a good wrap up to Oregairu. Althought Ive gotta say that it wasn't enough to compensate the boredom I felt watching this season.
yeah that last part about the boredom this season really felt different and not as entertaining I was very disappointed with that
They dragged out the drama way too much honestly, the source wasnt like this tbf..
Sep 24, 2020 12:23 PM
Jun 2020
zamandzoe said:
Oregairu is quite the strange series for me.

I found Season 1 very lackluster. Not bad by any means, but it was a very generic rom-com/slice of life series.
However, Season 2 impressed me immensely with how it was able to build upon the first season. While I did have to look up interpretations of the series to truly understand it, I found it very intriguing.
However, Season 3 is even more peculiar.
There were so many memorable, charming, and heartfelt moments throughout, but I felt the thing tying it all together - the debate over codependency, held it back from truly excelling.

However, this final episode made me understand what that was all about.
The debate over codependency was never truly a problem, but our protagonists thought too hard and made it one. Of course, there was definitely room for improvement in how they bonded with each other, but codependency wasn't it.
All that aside, I had other smaller issues too. I was never truly sold on Yukino as a character until these final two episodes. While I do consider her writing to be somewhat flawed, it only held the series back somewhat. Hachiman and Yui did more than enough to make up for it.

Add in some pleasant visuals and comedy, and this was a great season when it's all said and done. This final episode was great in particular.

I give this season a 9.25/10.
And as a whole, I'd give the show a high 8, or maybe just barely a nine. Season 1 was a rough start, but the following two seasons are definitely worth sitting through the first for.
They did cut out the Yukino stuff this season a lot..
Sep 24, 2020 12:23 PM

Jun 2020
This episode was the best, it made me tear up, omg when she said " I love you " to hikigaya it was so sweet, honestly one of the best series out there.
GONNA MISS YOU SNAFU :CRY:

Sep 24, 2020 12:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
NOOOOOOOOOO it's already finished... damn, what a GREAT season, as someone who thought that oregairu was nothing more than a decent anime I was wrong, I totally enjoyed this third season and loved the conclusion even though it was hard because both of the girls were just awesome + 8man being an outstanding character, loved every episode of this anime especially the 11th one, my second fav of the season right after Re:Zero s2...
9.5/10
Sep 24, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty disappointed Saika didn't win.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Sep 24, 2020 12:32 PM
Oct 2019
End of the best romcom ever!
Please don't even tell me about some other anime.
I DECLARE THIS THE BEST ROMCOM ANIME EVER!
With tear in my eyes and smile on my face, I have to say "goodbye" to this masterpiece. 7 years of greatness ends today. I don't know why, I can't stop my tears even though it ended on a happy note. It feels like somebody took a piece of my heart away from me.
I just want the OVA right now. Just want to see more of the romance between the two and happy moments between the three.

Btw Iroha's suggestion is best, in 3 years, get drunk and make hiki take responsibility. Also, they changed the ending a bit about how yui declared her love for Hiki.

Art, dialogues, deepness, charcater development, conclusions, arcs --no romcom had and will ever come close to this love of an anime.
Heavy words but as everything comes to an end. I have to say properly
"Sayonara.." THE BEST ROMCOM EVER!
If I could pay and rate this over 10, I would. 10/10 for me.
Sep 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Jun 2017
Too bad this season couldn't live up to the first two seasons... But its finally over
Sep 24, 2020 12:33 PM
Sep 2019
She said it. SHE SAID IT! IM WAS SWEATIN SO HARD DUDE. 9/10
ChumboLokoSep 24, 2020 1:14 PM
Sep 24, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
I just love the fact that there was no actual kiss, their personality really shows. Wish they expand iroha's side though, it felt a little lackluster on her side.

Gosh this series was quite a ride. Though I can't confidently say I enjoyed the 3rd season, it did at least made up for the last two episodes. I'm gonna miss this show so much. Ma boi hachiman really deserves this happiness despite his cynical outlook in life. And please just please... someone marry sensei already auuurgh.
7/10 for 3rd season.
9/10 for the whole series.
Sep 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Oct 2019
What a fine conclusion to oregairu, though I wasn't happy with the HachimanXYukino ship, and I would've preferred a Yui ship, I don't mind Hachiman ending with Yukino.
9/10
Sep 24, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
And just like that, this journey has come to an end. There were laughs, there were tears, there were lighthearted moments, and there was drama, but in the end it was nice to see that everything ended happily (maybe not completely happily for Yui, but whatever lol). And the first season OP playing as the credits rolled was *chefs kiss* I expected that and was hoping they would do it, and it happened. And please, can someone marry sensei already. Fuck it, I'll do it myself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (although I wish she wasn't a smoker).

Farewell, Oregairu, it's been a fun ride.
thebrentinator24Sep 24, 2020 12:41 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 24, 2020 12:39 PM

Mar 2015
Amazing! When the first op sounded I felt like a shock, like I was going to cry (well, some tears dropped) I felt sooo nostalgic, in this case obvious, this was one of my first anime I watched, all this years passed and I always remembered it. Was so cute to see Hachiman and Yukino as a couple, very exicting, like aaaaaaahh. So good. and that "I love you" got me by surprise ;) While I liked to see all the character reunited I was remembering all the problems and situations that involved them, seeing Yui return to the club, Iroha encoraging her to not give up (even if its impossible), but the main couple I think was obvious since the beginning. Well this was a beautiful jorney, I love this series, I will remember it for the rest of my life, one of my first anime series. If there will be an OVA I will be very happy. So thats all thanks for all this happines this series gave me ;) <3
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 24, 2020 12:39 PM
May 2017
I never thought the sentence "I'm in love with a guy that has a girlfriend but i still want to be friends with her" could be very scary to hear before.

If i were 8man i'd definitely run away from that room.
Sep 24, 2020 12:43 PM

Jun 2019
The Sheer amount of Wholesomeness from this episode was immeasurable.
Yui's confession tho. Lol
I love every single sec. of the episode. Amazing ending to an amazing series.
I'm definitely gonna miss this great franchise.
That Yukino's confession teared me up a little. But I'll say she was being extra cute in the last episode. Not that I'm complaining or anything.
Loved the years going through this journey along with Hachiman.
9/10 season for me. Just like the previous seasons.
Sep 24, 2020 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
Thank you Studio Feel. Thank you Wataru Watari. Thank you Oregairu for the many years of laughs and feels. I'll miss this anime dearly.
Sep 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Feb 2020
yui T.T

ayy, the series has finally come to an end (:
hachiman and yukino being all love dovey is pretty cue but my girl yui ah
Sep 24, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
This entire episode, I had a smile on my face.

Hachiman x Yukino scenes, the Sensei's goodbye scene, Yukinoshita's cute confession, Komachi and Iroha's bonding, Yui's request; everything from this episode was so satisfying to watch.

I'm really glad that the LN got a complete adaptation. Although I'm sad that it ended, I feel really happy and fulfilled.

Honestly, this was a really great and beautiful journey!!

Thank you Wataru Watari Sensei for creating such a beautiful masterpiece!!

Sep 24, 2020 12:57 PM
Aug 2016
igotabooner said:
10/10 Episode, have been apart of the Oregairu fandom since 2015 when one of my PlayStation friends recommended it to me, and I fell in love with this series. Sadly he passed away in 2018 and never got to witness the ending of LN nor Anime and to see it end makes me sad but happy since I have been a part of Team Yukino for the entire duration of my fandom. I have read all the LN’s and they pulled the Final Yui scene and adapted it perfectly, I have zero complaints from this season as it had looked to a season full of Yui favoritism done by the studio but I can survive. I will definitely miss this series so much. Rip Val, I think you would have loved to see this ending.

May his soul rest in peace man :')
Sep 24, 2020 1:02 PM
Jun 2020
i think its a incredible ending for the season and anime overall
Sep 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Jul 2017
4/10 season for me. Was a 3 for the most part but I really liked that confession episode so with respect to that, giving it a 4. Visually this was poor, and the overall content and pacing of the season struggled immensely compared to the first two seasons that it felt so sluggish and unwatchable at times.

Still, shame to see a popular series that I liked for two seasons go away but it's finally done. RIP Oregairu's anime (until an OVA shows up or something).
Sep 24, 2020 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
I've officially lost all interest in this franchise. Maybe I'm just getting too old for nonsense like this.
Sep 24, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2018
WTF , I thought they're done with that prom thing so wtf are they doing, having a 2nd prom????

Well, I guess this is where the series ends, and I hope they don't make a sequel of this thing again.....
Sep 24, 2020 1:23 PM
Jul 2020
Finally bois, the end of the masterpiece

it is an honor to end it together.
Hope the Ova will show something interesting.
Sep 24, 2020 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
Gotta admit I had to prepare for quite some time before watching this final episode, it has really been a long journey, and especially due to all the things happening this year. This anime made me feels so grateful to be alive until today, and get through the pandemic. For what its worth (it does worth a whole lot), it has been a great journey.

Thank you Wataru Watari for the beautiful story, Studio Feel. and Brain's Base for the adaption, all the VA, Shogakukan, Ponkan, TBS and everyone involved in the making for bringing us this anime.

I've never made a post like this before, but since this being is a special one, one in a lifetime masterpiece, I would be more than obligated, I desired it.
Thanks for the ride, see you again.
Sep 24, 2020 1:26 PM
Jan 2018
This Episode was really really good!
After all those heart-wrenching moments, this high note that it left on was undoubtedly a relieving End to all of this. This is one of the most enjoyable endings i've seen.

I am grateful.
Thank you Oregairu!
Sep 24, 2020 1:33 PM
Nov 2017
Sad that the journey is over, but I'm glad with how it ended. I remember binge watching season one and halfway of two in a day when I discovered the series. It was worth it.

Yukino <3
That I love you was perfect.
Sep 24, 2020 1:34 PM

Nov 2016

That is all. Thanks for the longest year of high school, Wataru, it's been a ride.

Clannad style OVAs with different endings when

Sep 24, 2020 1:35 PM
Jul 2020
Really amazing episode,so sad it has ended.Great finale and the season 1 op in the end really was amazing.
Sep 24, 2020 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Damn I can’t believe it’s over. This was a great series, though I still think that S2 was the climax for me.
It ended as you would’ve expected from the beginning with the obvious Hachiman-Yukino pairing but it was one of those stories where the journey getting there was the highlight.

I’m a bit sad that Yui didn’t fully get a happy end, though I am happy that she was able to confess to Hachiman finally! She wasn’t able to move on from him, but she did make it clear to them both what her feelings are, so there’s no bad blood.
There is a feeling of unfinished business though, since her problem is essentially unresolved, but pushed on into the future.
Undoubtedly, she got the short end of the stick, and it’s a bit upsetting, considering how great of a character Yui is, but it is a realistic scenario. Just because you love someone and put in effort, doesn’t mean that effort will be rewarded. In fact, more often than not, it’s the opposite. Still, it feels like she was able to capture at least one part of her wish, which was to remain with Hachiman and Yukino forever.

I’m interested to read the LN later to see if her last wish is ever explicitly stated...

As far as the episode goes, it felt a bit quick, and I wish it was the full hour long.
It felt very much like an OVA, but perhaps that’s due to the release of tension. All the relevant characters showed up for cameos which was a nice touch. Though I did want them to focus more on some scenes (ie. like the end scene in the Club).

As well, I really wanted more exposition on why Hiratsuka-sensei had to leave, and was hoping to hear her reason over ramen with Hachiman, but unfortunately that never came to be.

Hopefully, the third year stuff by Watari gets animated in the future, even as OVAs or short stories. I really want to see how the trio’s relationship progresses, but more importantly, what becomes of Yui and her wish.

All in all, still the best romantic drama out there, with one of the most interesting MCs ever. It’s definitely captured the difficulties of interpersonal relationships and romance in a unique and refreshing way, and it was a joy to analyze the feelings of the characters every week!

Well done!
Fingers crossed for more anime in the future like this.
Sep 24, 2020 1:38 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
herrickluk said:
I’m interested to read the LN later to see if her last wish is ever explicitly stated...
No, it is not. But I would still recommend the LN.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Oct 2018
I don't even have words to describe how much I will miss this show, one of the best Slice of Life in our history.

Thank you, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru!
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 24, 2020 1:45 PM
Aug 2016
Man the post anime depression hasn't his me this hard in quite a while. The ending was definitely mainly sweet with just a little bitterness for Yui but im glad they're all still together. Thank you so much for such a fun ride. Waiting over 5 years for this last season was definitely worth every minute.
Sep 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2017
It's crazy to think how Hachiman and Yukino first started out in the very first episode and where they're at now. Welp, you never know where life takes you, even in anime lol.

Bummer for Yui since she didn't end up with the guy she likes. Anyway, it's been a long time, but this anime has come to an end. A fella definitely enjoyed it all. &++ goods looks since Hachiman said the title's name
Sep 24, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
For the creators of the show I want to make it known 2 OVA's please. Two minimum.

Also I just want to point out

Sep 24, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2020
Loved this show,gonna miss it.The end moment was great.It ended finally after 9 years.This is my top list anime.Loved the characters
Sep 24, 2020 1:58 PM
Apr 2019
Yahalmao

Man, Its great to see this amazing franchise til the end.

8man and Yukinon's relationship kinda awkward but its a new bond.

HOLYSHIT I WANT TO DISTORT THIS ANIME AND HOPEFULLY BE CONTINUED TO BE ASSOCIATED FOR THE YEARS TO COME.

Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
cilesgoreyNov 21, 2020 8:23 AM
Sep 24, 2020 2:00 PM
Aug 2020
the only words to describe this episode and series as a whole is ..... Amazing, Heartwarming, and amazing again!
Sep 24, 2020 2:02 PM
Sep 2020
So we got to the end of the road, I have to say that i did enjoy the ride and the ending was what i expected it to be. My teenage high school self from 5 years ago enjoyed this anime better than the university student me.
But It was a solid anime, with good moments, not the best, but not the worst either.
Sep 24, 2020 2:14 PM
Oct 2012
So who did Hayato like? Or was the author trolling.

sad that it ended, defo enjoyed the previous seasons more, wish we saw the side characters more felt a bit empty on those parts

but overall good series
Sep 24, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
Oh man, so many blushes. I swear my heart melted multiple times when I saw Yukino and Hachiman interacting with each other. Especially in the park. SO DAMN PRECIOUS!

They managed to set up a prom in one episode this time around XD

Jokes aside though, that final interaction between Hachiman and Sensei, here I thought I was done watering my eyes this season, but yet there I was again. Shizuka-sensei is best sensei.

The ending was perfect and I love how Yui came to the service club to have a consultation about her love problem and I love how she was able to say it with such pride. You go girl, never give up!

10/10 In all honesty, my own emotions set aside, easily one of the best wrapped up series I have seen to date.

FMmatron said:
Painful episode for all Yui fans xD Well, I hope you guys were still able to enjoy it and if not, your problem for being shipping fans.

A painful season for a Yui fan like myself, but honestly couldn't agree more to what you said. I can really see people score lower simply due to Yui losing and I hate to see it. This ending was beautiful and satisfying. Yukino is by far a better match for Hachiman, no matter how much I like Yui better, so I can't be mad. This was meant to be.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeSep 29, 2020 5:28 AM
Sep 24, 2020 2:16 PM

Oct 2018
Feels weird to see this series end. It has been one of my favorites for a long time. I am really going to miss this show.
10/10
Sep 24, 2020 2:20 PM
Apr 2019
Oregairu is in world trending for like 4 hours may be .It's a huge feat to achieve for romcom anime .
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.