Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 7, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2016
katie_potaty said:
The beginning of this ep was weird; Kazuya can talk underwater, apparently, you can only save someone because you love them (not cause you don't want another human to die haha), Mizuhara needs to relearn her first aid skills and the masturbation scene was just... yeah.

BUT the really liked the second half of the ep with the two Nan's setting them up. Plus, you can't have a romance without an onsen trip haha
I actually also learned the 30 chest pumps to mouth on mouth air, while doing a first aid course.
Aug 7, 2020 5:03 PM

Oct 2018
Another week, another overdose of virginal cringe!

This week's cringe came in 3 flavors:
-Getting flustered from receiving CPR. Seriously? You almost drowned but getting your lips touched while semi-unconscious was the thing that affected you?
-2 minutes fapping scene. God, we didn't need that...and he looks like he suffers or cries while he fucks in his fantasy, it's plain sad.
-The typical onsen tropes (no complaints there!)... ft. naked granny (I want to speak to studio TMS Entertainment manager please).

Bonus: His blushed face for being allowed to stay in the room in the last scene. The only thing that keeps me from punching the screen when I see that face is the price of my G-Sync monitor...
Aug 7, 2020 5:04 PM

Jun 2020
nice to see less of Mami, actually hate her, good on Kazuya slowly making his way to Chizuru

Aug 7, 2020 5:32 PM

May 2015
timiXtimi said:
Kazuya fans making the argument that “if you do not like kazuya’s character you are unrealistic and only like fantasy, perfect and cool characters”. Firstly, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you fit a certain label. If you don't like a character, you don't like them, it is what it is. Personally, I don't particularly like his character because he's ignorant, selfish, outrageously awkward and makes bad decisions. Despite this, I am willing to give his character a chance. But then you have people in the comments sucking up to him and criticizing people who don't like his character. It just makes us dislike his even character more.

Secondly, it seems like they are making him out to be one of the best main characters ever who is soooo relatable and realistic. Just because a character is realistic does not mean we have to like them. Look at the likes of subaru (re; zero) and 8man (Oregairu). They are REALISTIC characters and are still likable. But then you have kazuya. You can be a realistic character and be unlikable. Reaslitic ≠ Likable or Good. The exaggeration of how good Kazuya's character is just annoying and serves no purpose. After reading the comments it makes me realize how bad a fan base this anime has and we are only 5 episodes in! The fanbase just has a load of people who exaggerate how good the anime is because its 'Realistic'. Realise how I am using the word ‘Realisitic’ so much because that’s the only thing people use to defend his character. I don't even hate the series and I really want it to do well. But its people like this who spoil it for you.

Thirdly, I don’t see the realism in his character. I saw a comment that said “The people complaining don’t understand that if they face the same situation, they will also act like him. They just cannot accept it ”. I cannot help but to laugh at this comment. Who in real life faces a situation where they rent a girlfriend and pay her for her services? A normal person would know that you can’t buy love with money (bear in mind he’s 20 years old). What person in real life is so awkward that he can’t even hold a conversation with his own friends without getting flustered and nervous? I’ve seen awkward people before and I’m a bit awkward myself. But I’ve never seen someone awkward to his extent. The only realistic part of his character is that he is a simp and a push over. However, I am not too bothered by this side of his character because I understand everyone has flaws. Hopefully, he improves himself as a character by the end of the series. So yes, I don’t understand because your point is complete nonsense. You can’t assume someone’s personality based on their like or dislike for a character. Do you know me? How would you know if I would act in the same way?

The vast majority of people in these threads are shitting on him. I've only seen like 2 or 3 people you could even classify as "Kazuya fans", and not a single person who acts like what you're describing. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
TsukuyomiREKTAug 7, 2020 5:43 PM

Aug 7, 2020 6:11 PM

Feb 2018
Ohh shit, Kazuya-san you're my true prince...

No fap no life
Aug 7, 2020 6:27 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This anime pulls off all the stops in conveying sheer awkwardness. That masturbation scene with Kazuya was ice water on the teeth uncomfortable.

I'm still of the opinion that Kazuya is excessively demonized, but I will agree with the sentiment that a well-developed character is not equivalent with a likeable character. The appalling lack of mercy for the fact that he still has feelings for a girl who broke up with him a month ago astounds me. Maybe some people's feelings turn on and off like a light switch, but that's never been the case for me. It can take more than a year for my feelings to fully die down after I've become emotionally attached to someone, so I completely understand this aspect of Kazuya.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 7, 2020 6:32 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kazuya saves Chizuru's life, but Chizuru ended up giving him CPR to save his life. Despite all of that Kazuya continues to be a sucker for love to Mami by jerking off to her pictures, but he has developed feelings for Chizuru. The two of eventually run into each other at the hot springs after being setup by their grannies.

Chizuru looked good in a kimono/bathrobe.
Aug 7, 2020 6:33 PM
Mar 2019
So there's about 14 minutes left.... and I'm done with this series. There is no need for a Kazuya fapping scene outside of hentai. It is crudely unnecessary and just.... a staple for any 6.0 score on MAL. I'll watch Hunter x Hunter instead.

Edit: 6 minutes left of the episode and we have reached My Sister, My Writer levels of unnecessary fan-service. We don't need to close up shots of Mizurihara's feet and body. And this is in the eyes of Kazuya. The fact that I was reminded of a 4.98 rated anime means this is the end muchachos. It's been a wild ride. Until the next shitty, lewd eyesore anime, stay golden. :)
EdgeoftheLordsAug 7, 2020 6:46 PM
Aug 7, 2020 6:45 PM

Dec 2016
Those grandma's are gold! Can't believe both set up their own grandkids so they could be in the same room together XD Hillarious!
Mami must still be very pissed at what happened earlier... not a problem, since he have Chizuru.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 7, 2020 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
Wouldn't a passenger boat at least have some kind of life guards who would immediately act in the event a passenger went overboard? The fact that they ended up washing up on one of the islands seems crazy to me, Kazuya diving first was great and all but I would've expected them to have been rescued immediately.

I'm glad that Kazuya is finally starting to see the light and recognize his feelings for Chizuru.

I laughed when the soundtrack started playing as Kazuya tried to do his 'business'.

Grandma alliance represents me.
Aug 7, 2020 6:54 PM
Apr 2019
I laughed so hard to the part where Kazuya is beating his meat while an intense music is playing on the background. I also watched this on TV using TV box, but I gotta pause slowly on that part because someone's gonna thought I'm watching hentai lol

Yes, yes, yes. We finally got to see Ruka on next week's episode. Can't wait for it!
Aug 7, 2020 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
oh god this is how they set them up huh, episode was pure cursed ahhhhhhh i hate it but i can't stop watching it ahhhhhhhh
who said i wanted to watch a very awkward masturbation scene that felt right out of a doujin H that went on way too long not this guy

finally a new girl shows up feel like she might be another rental girl cosplaying as a high schooler ,but then theres a actual high schooler so no idea whats up with that other one
Aug 7, 2020 8:06 PM

Dec 2010
Ahh yess... Naobou finally appears in the next episode.

Alright episode. Just felt really disturbed during the masturscene but whatever...
Aug 7, 2020 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is being one of the best in this season, i know it feels kinda weird saying this after everything great that's been released this week, but it's been so great to watch this.

Now about the episode, this whole episode was insane! So much happened that i don't even know how to start.
Kazuya was the MVP in the first half of the episode, he actually got the balls to save her and was rewarded for that, no i am not talking about the Kiss after this episode finally something changed in both of them. But to be honest its quite hard to understand Chizuru sometimes, but i guess the fact that he rented her makes it x10 worse for her, so i do get that part. But we must also take in count Kazuya's attitude and feelings, i do hate him a lot of the times because of his decision but a lot of them make sense, he is indeed ridiculous sometimes but he is doing his best on his own way, and let's be honest who wasn't ridiculous during or did stupid things in his childhood, or even adulthood...
And the whole moment where he saves shows that.

This was probably the best episode since Mami didn't get almost any screentime xD
And Kibe is obviously the MVP friend.

The whole fap scene was just insane, but i am glad they showed his conclusion about that moment xD

The true MVP of this episode was, of course, Kazuya's grandma ahaha

If it weren't for her their "relationship" would have died a long time ago.
"The grandma axis is conspiring to get the grandkids to form an alliance!" hahaha holy sh**!

Now, especially judging from the preview, it's time for Chizuru's feelings to evolve, and what's the best way to evolve feelings? Of course, it is jealousy xD

This episode was definitely the best so far! Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 7, 2020 8:29 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
They cut the some content in the previous episodes but they couldn't cut this beating scene. Even the readers dislike the mc the manga after binge through a 100 chapter, showing more of his lame side in the anime just take up the time slot. I kinda expect it coming especially since it shown at the end of the ending theme song. Does he ever change? Yes but the anime isn't going to. lol

Man, they also need to cut Mami screen time and focus on getting the other girls to show up. Glad they did a preview of Ruka but if this gonna take several episodes to get to Sumi...Sumi isn't gonna get enough screen time.

#NoMoreMami starting with next week ep, right???
Fuwa_sanAug 7, 2020 8:38 PM
Aug 7, 2020 8:30 PM

Feb 2011
this show is almost bad enough to overtake pupa as #1 worst show ive ever watched.
the dumpster fire shall continue.

Aug 7, 2020 8:33 PM
Apr 2020
You know how shit your feelings are
Shits just fcking happens all of a sudden and you don't know why
I am really happy how the story just folds on slowly and its characters growing
Really psyched about nxt episode ahhhhh tooo long
Aug 7, 2020 8:50 PM

Mar 2020
I think people criticizing Kazuya sympathizers (which I sometimes jump in on) are misrepresenting the point that people often say that he is "relatable". We aren't saying we find every literal action he takes relatable (i.e renting a girlfriend then trashing her job, stretching out a lie in the most uncomfortable way to all around him, being flustered to the point of being comical), rather the general idea he represents of awkwardness, and how we can relate to being awkward in general. You can relate to the awkwardness embodied in Kazuya and still find the majority of his actions disgusting and unrealistic.

To give an example of this, you can relate to a shonen main character's idea of never giving up without actually relating to them blowing up planets, destroying their bodies fighting, or doing any other actions under the pretense of not giving up. Thinking the ideals a character embodies (whether it is Kazuya or the shonen character from above) are relatable while not finding their specific actions relatable at all are not mutually exclusive.

Personally, I find Kazuya's character to be much more interesting than the standard romcom because rather than being a golden boy who always does the right thing, he screws up and the situations brought from that are a fresh take. That doesn't mean I find anything he does relatable or I like him as a character, but I find it funny that people's opinions of him are starkly white and black when really, there are things you can appreciate from his existence.
plz_nofindmeAug 7, 2020 8:53 PM
Aug 7, 2020 8:56 PM

Oct 2018
I could've lived a long and happy life without seeing Kazuya beat his meat or seeing his grandmother naked. Other than that pretty good episode.
Aug 7, 2020 9:47 PM

Jul 2020
Rinji- said:
tfw you pinch your nipples while masturbating.

lol ikr that sht weirded me out wtf kazuya

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 7, 2020 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
That CPR scene reminded me why I hate romance, harems, reverse harems, etc. It's fucking CPR, the motherfucker could've died but it's sexualized and romanticized lol As someone who interned in a hospital, administering CPR is never romantic. You're thinking, "Oh shit, this person is dying." Sometimes resuscitation bags are not available and you have no choice but to use your own mouth.

That fap scene was best part of the episode. Seeing him fail to nut was great.

Kazuya's grandma is fucking annoying. She's pushing him into a relationship. Honestly, I haven't met a parent or grandparent like her before. He's only 20 years old. He's not gonna die if he doesn't have a girlfriend now.

Also, we're getting a new character next week. Except for Chizuru, I'm tiring of seeing the same faces. I'm glad we're getting someone new.
臭い-
Aug 7, 2020 9:57 PM
Feb 2020
Can someone explain to me why chizuru keeps on saying that she’s his gf after every time kazuya finally gets the courage to say they broke up. She did this for the second time now and then it backfired on the Mc.
Aug 7, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2019
god, if i had a penny for every time Chizuru or Kazuya said they were gonna announce a "break up" between them, either to their friends or grandparents, i'd have more then 2 which is weird that they've talked about it more then once and agreed on it, but never seem to be able to followed through with it. I guess asides from Kazuya manning up last episode but that seems to have gone down the drain.

Hm, i guess the weeks wait to see the conclusion of the last scene from the previous episode was worth it, Kazuya did save Chizuru i'll give him that. Both of them have also seemed to have flicked a weird switch concerning the other, maybe not as noticeably shown in Chizuru, but definitely in Kazuya. Jfc that one like 2 min scene was probably the most uncomfortable thing i've ever had to watch, second to getting first row seats to my friend break up with his gf in a freak argument and me just kinda... sitting and watching .

But i'd like to see this whole change of heart in Kazuya as a big "no more Mami" because honestly i just want her whole existence to perish at this point.
Axis of grandmothers is definitely a phrase i never thought i'd hear in my life, but they definitely live up to it's name i'll tell you that much. What absolute schemers, well at least Chizuru and Kazuya can get to know one another more, plus Chizuru seems to be having fun.
Code0018Aug 7, 2020 11:16 PM
Aug 7, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2020
Kazuya jumping to save Mizuhara must had tugged her heart strings lol. I feel classic tsundere vibes coming from her.

Damn Kazuya is thirsty as hell. Beating his meat comsumed by his thoughts of her ex, Mami-chan. But here he begins to suspect that he developed a certain feeling towards Chizuru.

So yeah we also got the cliche grandma alliance thing going in this episode with the whole Hot Spring bath scene and sharing the same room tropes.

But overall a decent episode. Honestly I hope they reduce the amount of "meat beating" on next episodes because it just makes the MC's character more scummier. We get it that his a helpless college virgin but yeah I think they showed that plenty enough from the past weeks.

Btw I forgot to mention Ruka's coming to next ep. I wonder what is her role to Kazuya's life. Very excited because Touyama Nao is her VA and I just love her cute voice.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 7, 2020 10:24 PM
May 2016
Uggh the grandma scene was grosser than the fap scene, wash you "inside and out"? Geez run Chizuru, if the grandma is that gross imagine what he is like. And why does Chizuru's grandma hate her? She should take one look at Kazuya and be like "nope, my granddaughter is too good for him, f this friendship, I'll meet another old lady".
Aug 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Oct 2016
I guess this is the start of Kazuya gradually forgetting about Mami and then slowly falling in love with Chizuru. N i c e forget about that hoe man, and I also think Chizuru is gaining some feelings a lil bit for Kazuya.

Looks like Ruka will finally appear next episode fiinally.

And the grandmas really be the best characters lmao.
Aug 7, 2020 10:44 PM

May 2020
Farmaceut said:
I swear Kazuya's PP is the most relatable character in this show!
And Grannies playing the role of perfect wing man!

of course thats what dweeb irl will do
Aug 7, 2020 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
She is the one who fell off the boat and drowned, why is HE unconcious? I get it, he's a pathetic virgin. Stop beating it into my skull. And yeah, me too, get flustered by a CPR when I'm literally dying. Realistic and relatable MC am I right?

Now they both have feeling for one another, so the little drama of "we have to break up" can go on forever. I, for one, am not looking forward to that, dropped.
Aug 7, 2020 11:25 PM
Jun 2013
I'm kind of getting tired of Kazuya and Mizuhara. They're both annoying. Hopefully new character next week will be good.
Aug 8, 2020 4:08 AM

Jan 2016
Kazuya went to save Chizuru but instead she had to save him with CPR, what a good "girlfriend".

Kazuya having some strange imaginations about Mami-chan and Chizuru and suddenly got a realization about his own feelings.

Yay, it's the hot springs episode, time for some family relax time, right?
Surprise, it's Nagomi's friend Sayuri and she brought her grandaughter.
As always these two try to bring them together.

Chizuru calmed down and is just trying to have a good time, now it even seems like she is having fun with Kazuya, surprisingly!
DororunAug 8, 2020 4:15 AM
Aug 8, 2020 5:37 AM

Mar 2017
Gu1do said:
katie_potaty said:
The beginning of this ep was weird; Kazuya can talk underwater, apparently, you can only save someone because you love them (not cause you don't want another human to die haha), Mizuhara needs to relearn her first aid skills and the masturbation scene was just... yeah.

BUT the really liked the second half of the ep with the two Nan's setting them up. Plus, you can't have a romance without an onsen trip haha
I actually also learned the 30 chest pumps to mouth on mouth air, while doing a first aid course.

Not that part haha She didn't check if he had a pulse or was actually breathing before she did the chest compressions and she took her sweet ass time before giving him mouth to mouth (I know that was all to build up the romance or whatever though!)
Aug 8, 2020 6:05 AM
Jan 2016
The hell with that Kazuya's scene lol, it's really hilarious...but yeah, honestly Chizuru is my real ideal type of girl. Once again, I don't know why Kazuya likes Mami...her personality is suck, man...she didn't even ask how was his condition after that life threatening scene...really bad personality.
Aug 8, 2020 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
Hilarious episode and finally we are getting more character development between them before the other characters arrive. But still MC is pretty much annoying for the 999th time, bragging about he doesn't deserve Chizuru, he's a nuisance or a bother to her.

I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THAT BRUH, BEATING YOUR MEAT ON 2 GIRLS. OUTSTANDING MOVE.

The grandmas plotting something and putting them in a trap. Likewise they can't confess to the grandmas that they've broke up because of the plot armor or Kazuya being a pussy.

OMFG RUKA-CHAN WILL BE IN THE NEXT EPISODE FINALYY!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Nov 2018
That scene... That scene, it was longer than it should have been, Kazuya, why Kazuya.

Well, he has feelings for two different girls, when he finds out about Mami's true personality, I guess things will change. Somehow Chizuru and Kazuya never get to tell everyone that they broke up, I guess destiny really wants them together.

There is still too much that needs to happen...

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aug 8, 2020 7:45 AM

May 2019
Hmm it seems like things are progressing, with a little nudging from the grandmothers. Almost as if Mizuru is being guilt-tripped into a relationship lol. Wouldn't surprise me if Gran knew that they weren't really together.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 8, 2020 7:46 AM

Oct 2012
Τhis is all my life:
Aug 8, 2020 8:35 AM
Apr 2018
A kiss to NIRVANA.

A funny conversation --
KAZUYA : I'm broke.
CHIZURU : I'm low this month, too.
KAZUYA (in his mind) : When you're that expensive?

Doutei-kunAug 8, 2020 8:40 AM
Aug 8, 2020 9:01 AM

Jun 2019
A CPR Kiss and Kazuya's fapping to Mami's pictures lol.
Damn, Chizuru is a literal goddess.
Aug 8, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2017
"Life ain't as easy as you think,

but it ain't as hard as people make it out to be."

plz @ me
Aug 8, 2020 9:56 AM

May 2018
Not bad. Lol Kazuya couldn't fap properly before Chizuru kept entering his mind
Aug 8, 2020 10:47 AM

Feb 2019
She's coming next week!
Aug 8, 2020 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
dude Mizuhara was just doing CPR chill
Aug 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Jun 2020
reading the thread is the cherry on top of watching the week's episode loooooooooool

what was he gonna do before the coast guards found them? touch her face? hug her? couldn't really tell....

only in anime do you get your grandmas encouraging you & your "boyfriend" to have sex lol what even

chizuru is SO GORGEOUS - best girl!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 8, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
Yoo Kazuya just called Mizuhara underwater?? and Mizuhara heard him shouting her name?? no wonder he almost drowned and needs CPR to regain his consciousness.

that 2 grandma setting up the scene at the onsen is hilarious.
also, this ep fanservice is quite great I'd say

So the 3rd girl coming next ep. I don't know why but I think the Mami and Chizuru are great enough for this anime to keep me interested. hope the 3rd and 4th girl won't ruin this anime. :/
Aug 8, 2020 12:08 PM

Mar 2019
How do I explain this... I feel like I kinda hate this show but yet really dont wanna drop it and I have no clue why?
Aug 8, 2020 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIIINGGG
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IIIIIIII MUUUUUUUSTTTTTTT SNIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HHHHUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

basically my episode impression.

I like those bazoonkers the show is displaying right now but where are the cutie tomboy and the shy flattie, I wan't some real harem war because Mami isn't putting any concurence to Chizuru whatsoever considering how trash she is for now.
Aug 8, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2020
timiXtimi said:
Kazuya fans making the argument that “if you do not like kazuya’s character you are unrealistic and only like fantasy, perfect and cool characters”. Firstly, just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you fit a certain label. If you don't like a character, you don't like them, it is what it is. Personally, I don't particularly like his character because he's ignorant, selfish, outrageously awkward and makes bad decisions. Despite this, I am willing to give his character a chance. But then you have people in the comments sucking up to him and criticizing people who don't like his character. It just makes us dislike his even character more.

Secondly, it seems like they are making him out to be one of the best main characters ever who is soooo relatable and realistic. Just because a character is realistic does not mean we have to like them. Look at the likes of subaru (re; zero) and 8man (Oregairu). They are REALISTIC characters and are still likable. But then you have kazuya. You can be a realistic character and be unlikable. Reaslitic ≠ Likable or Good. The exaggeration of how good Kazuya's character is just annoying and serves no purpose. After reading the comments it makes me realize how bad a fan base this anime has and we are only 5 episodes in! The fanbase just has a load of people who exaggerate how good the anime is because its 'Realistic'. Realise how I am using the word ‘Realisitic’ so much because that’s the only thing people use to defend his character. I don't even hate the series and I really want it to do well. But its people like this who spoil it for you.

Thirdly, I don’t see the realism in his character. I saw a comment that said “The people complaining don’t understand that if they face the same situation, they will also act like him. They just cannot accept it ”. I cannot help but to laugh at this comment. Who in real life faces a situation where they rent a girlfriend and pay her for her services? A normal person would know that you can’t buy love with money (bear in mind he’s 20 years old). What person in real life is so awkward that he can’t even hold a conversation with his own friends without getting flustered and nervous? I’ve seen awkward people before and I’m a bit awkward myself. But I’ve never seen someone awkward to his extent. The only realistic part of his character is that he is a simp and a push over. However, I am not too bothered by this side of his character because I understand everyone has flaws. Hopefully, he improves himself as a character by the end of the series. So yes, I don’t understand because your point is complete nonsense. You can’t assume someone’s personality based on their like or dislike for a character. Do you know me? How would you know if I would act in the same way?

To all the people shitting on Kazuya....

You guys realize that's the point of his character right? He's a f-cking loser. If you're cringing at everything he does, then the show is doing its job lmao. That's literally the intent. If you hate him, that's a GOOD thing. Y'all really think the show wants you to like him (as he is)? As of now, he's supposed to be unlikable. We'll see how he develops. If he's still unlikable by the end of the series, then that criticism is valid, but using the fact that Kazuya is unlikable right now as a fault against the show makes no sense. Because that's the f-cking point.
Aug 8, 2020 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
Idk how you save someone and end up drowning yourself but it wasn't that bad. Ah we can see the young youth of attraction. The fap segment was actually well done.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 8, 2020 3:58 PM
Jul 2020
sphxre said:

To all the people shitting on Kazuya....

You guys realize that's the point of his character right? He's a f-cking loser. If you're cringing at everything he does, then the show is doing its job lmao. That's literally the intent. If you hate him, that's a GOOD thing. Y'all really think the show wants you to like him (as he is)? As of now, he's supposed to be unlikable. We'll see how he develops. If he's still unlikable by the end of the series, then that criticism is valid, but using the fact that Kazuya is unlikable right now as a fault against the show makes no sense. Because that's the f-cking point.

I understand your point but I think your misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. As you've said yourself " hes an unlikable character" and as in my argument I said " I am willing to give his character a chance". Buts its the people gassing up his character that I'm targeting not the character himself. I agree that it might be the writers objective to gradually develop kazuya into a better person which is good character development. That's why I said i will give him time but you probably missed that bit.
Personally, I think the show will have to do a lot to revive itself. I'm into rom-com's but this one is just not for me. Even if they do end up making kazuya a better character, I think its a long way to making this a good anime for me. The jokes are bland and overused, the only good character so far is mizuhara and the fan-service is so overused they may as well label it hentai lmao. But I'll wait till the end to see if the show gets better. I highly doubt it tho.
Aug 8, 2020 6:58 PM
Nov 2019
Can't say I expected a full-blown masturbation scene in this. WTF was that?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.