Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2020 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
Honestly I regret owning them all but I have a shirt of MHA, Black Clover and Death Note.

Anime clothes outside of Japan are too exposed for me. I don't want to walk around in public and people see me from a distance and think "Oh, she's one of THOSE people".

May 1, 2020 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
I don't have one and also wouldn't wear one.

May 1, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2018
tsubasa_ said:
*bathes in cold sweat as she stares at her room infested with weeb stuff*

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
May 1, 2020 5:37 PM

Jul 2011
Luchse said:
tsubasa_ said:
*bathes in cold sweat as she stares at her room infested with weeb stuff*

I shouldn't have showed you pictures of my room *instant regret*

May 1, 2020 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
I have one of those expensive custom made Pokemon shirts by Original Stitch. I'd like to get a second one now that they released Johto designs too.

I also have a Sailor Moon shirt and a couple of Pokemon shirts from Uniqlo.
May 1, 2020 7:33 PM

Mar 2008
Usagi said:
I have one of those expensive custom made Pokemon shirts by Original Stitch. I'd like to get a second one now that they released Johto designs too.

*looks up the price*
Damnnn I didnt even know shirts can go up to $100
May 2, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
traed said:
Usagi said:

*looks up the price*

They are pretty pricey lol. I can kind of understand the price, though, since they are made to order shirts which you can customize quite a bit.
May 2, 2020 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
Usagi said:
traed said:

*looks up the price*

They are pretty pricey lol. I can kind of understand the price, though, since they are made to order shirts which you can customize quite a bit.
Might as well buy something premium with that kind of price tag. There's no reason for anyone to pay that much for "customization", especially when the person is a MAL basement dweller.
May 2, 2020 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
Usagi said:
traed said:

*looks up the price*

Still seems a little overpriced. I would expect something more like $80 at most .
May 2, 2020 5:43 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah, I have DN hoodie my friend bought for birthday and a FMA t-shirt I encountered by chance. Not much of a shopping kind of person as you could prob guess.
May 2, 2020 11:20 PM

Mar 2018
Auron_ said:
Yeah, I have DN hoodie my friend bought for birthday and a FMA t-shirt I encountered by chance. Not much of a shopping kind of person as you could prob guess.
What a f*cking weeb you are... major sounds of disappointment

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
May 3, 2020 3:18 PM

Oct 2015
Luchse said:
Auron_ said:
What a f*cking weeb you are... major sounds of disappointment

I've always been an opponent of the stigma against anime. You just haven't been looking hard enough. To me this 'I must hide my weebhood or else I'll be outed as a disgrace to my friends/family!' sentiment is fucking toxic, joking or otherwise.
May 7, 2020 2:56 AM

Sep 2018
I have a MHA ua hoodie which looked cool af from hot topic.
May 7, 2020 3:51 AM

Mar 2020
nope !! i own some other anime themed stuff tho. i would like to own some tshirt or a hoodie, but i dont have money for it yet. i mean, i do, but i dont want to spend the money on clothes rn. but if i find some shirt i really like, id probably go for it ??
May 7, 2020 3:56 AM

Jul 2019
Yes I own anime t-shirts. I have a Bunny Girl Senpai, Hitori Bocchi, Ponyo, Kochou Shinobu, Mugi from K-On, and an Evangelion hoodie. I also have the Haikyuu t-shirt like their practice shirts. I have the Aoba Johsei one and Karasuno one
May 7, 2020 6:08 AM
Aug 2018
guych said:
Yes I own anime t-shirts. I have a Bunny Girl Senpai, Hitori Bocchi, Ponyo, Kochou Shinobu, Mugi from K-On, and an Evangelion hoodie. I also have the Haikyuu t-shirt like their practice shirts. I have the Aoba Johsei one and Karasuno one

Where do you find shirts for those things? They aren’t very popular. I only manage to find shirts for popular and semi-popular shows like Death Note and Gurren Lagann. Not complaining though since those are two of my favorite shows.

May 7, 2020 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
I have shirts from anime cons and wear them at night. Also a warm, cosy Pikachu pullover for cold winter days. I will wear it at work too (at least in the little otaku shop and as caretaker, kids loved it. xD)
May 7, 2020 7:21 AM

Sep 2019
Nah.
For some reason, they're just not my style. Usually, stick with a plain coloured t-shirt with a complimentary colour.
Now if it's summer, I usually wear a shirt, and I've got a few different patterns. I won't deny my guilty pleasure for Hawaiian shirts.

For inside, I just wear what is most comf.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

May 7, 2020 9:15 AM

Jul 2019
Xickonaut said:
guych said:

Where do you find shirts for those things? They aren’t very popular. I only manage to find shirts for popular and semi-popular shows like Death Note and Gurren Lagann. Not complaining though since those are two of my favorite shows.

When I can, I always try to buy anime merch from their official sites but most of the times they are too expensive or unflattering so I get artist-made ones. They still have the official art but the shirt itself isn't official merch. I usually go on Redbubble since they have official character designs
May 7, 2020 10:06 AM
Aug 2018
guych said:
Xickonaut said:

When I can, I always try to buy anime merch from their official sites but most of the times they are too expensive or unflattering so I get artist-made ones. They still have the official art but the shirt itself isn't official merch. I usually go on Redbubble since they have official character designs

Thanks I’ll go check out RedBubble then

May 7, 2020 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Don't own any as of this moment but ordered two a few days ago, one for my husband (MHA) and one for myself (Haikyuu), son has an AoT one he loves.
May 7, 2020 2:15 PM

May 2017
I own tons, besides some plain T-shirts here and there my entire closet is filled with shirts that have my interests plastered on them. I wear them out in public because I don't care if anyone thinks it's weird; I haven't even been picked on for it once in my life so I'm content with doing so.

It's also a nice way of meeting other fans of anime if they're willing to compliment or mention it.
May 7, 2020 4:31 PM
Aug 2018
LocalTrashcan said:
I own tons, besides some plain T-shirts here and there my entire closet is filled with shirts that have my interests plastered on them. I wear them out in public because I don't care if anyone thinks it's weird; I haven't even been picked on for it once in my life so I'm content with doing so.

It's also a nice way of meeting other fans of anime if they're willing to compliment or mention it.

Yeah I actually met a cashier at my local supermarket who liked anime because I was wearing a jojo shirt at the time. Then another time I was wearing a Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon shirt and someone said they were planning on watching it.

May 7, 2020 4:44 PM

Apr 2019
Chromephone said:
No I want a serial experiments lain shirt and a yuyu hakusho shirt so bad tho

Only anime related thing I own is a fake reprint of this vintage lain t shirt that I don't like wearing because the quality sucks ass.
I'd probably drop £100+ for a real one though.

May 7, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2017
I have 2 anime shirts. One One Piece shirt and one jojo shirt. I've had two strangers comment positively to my jojo shirt. It's a good conversation starter!
May 11, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Just wanted to flex a bit, because look what I've got!

God bless Uniqlo, they are the best!
May 11, 2020 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
I have a Blue Exorcist shirt and a Cowboy bebop one!
May 11, 2020 7:34 AM
Jul 2017
Yeah i do, because anime's clothing store in my country have a good stuff
May 11, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
I don't have one but I plan to order some after the lockdown is lifted
plus , I am a male and don't care about the style
I mean I have seen so many females on this thread saying that they don't fit their style ans they make them look wierd
I will never understand why females care so much about style , if I a have a t shirt I would wear it if it fits
It doesn't bother me if people say things to me about my fashion sense because I don't care about fashion,it is one of the most stupid idealogies
plus anime merchandise is not a way of style it is a way to show appreciation for an anime
May 12, 2020 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
feelingofgaze said:
Chromephone said:
No I want a serial experiments lain shirt and a yuyu hakusho shirt so bad tho

Only anime related thing I own is a fake reprint of this vintage lain t shirt that I don't like wearing because the quality sucks ass.
I'd probably drop £100+ for a real one though.

Yesss exactly those vintage lain shirts are glorious
May 12, 2020 9:51 AM
May 2020
I haven't found any in my country to buy yet, if I had I would buy it in an instant.

I have already gone out in public with a certain "quirk" in my look that made people stare sometimes, I don't really care what people think. I like to express what I like in my clothing.
May 12, 2020 10:00 AM

Dec 2019
Don't own any ahegao clothing lol, but I have three anime shirts that I wear pretty regularly!
May 12, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2012
I had a Pokemon t-shirt when I was in 5th grade, got my father to buy it for me after much insistence. I wore it till I grew big enough till the point it didn't fit me.

Don't have any right now, I do love anime but I'm not even interested in having one.
May 12, 2020 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
The only one I have is a bananya t-shirt I got as a gift. Sometimes I wear it but usually with a cardigan or jacket so it's not as obvious, but tbh not many people question it since it's just cartoon cats and not people.

May 12, 2020 7:54 PM

Jul 2017
I have yet to see an anime shirt that I would actually want to wear. It is all square images plastered on the front, loud mismatched colors, and degenerate garbage. Either that, or it is a show I don't care about.

Sometimes I search for anime shirts, but always end up disappointed.
May 13, 2020 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
I have a Dragon Maid shirt, I don't wear it often though.
May 13, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2020
i have konosuba & pop team epic shirts

sometimes i borrow my bf's who has a one piece & fma:b shirts
May 13, 2020 11:28 AM
Aug 2018
HashiEclipse said:
I have a Dragon Maid shirt, I don't wear it often though.

I have a dragon maid shirt too, but I wear it often.

May 13, 2020 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
I had a Parasyte t-shirt that I wore a lot in HS, people would often ask me where I got it from because it looked cool. :p
And I'm planning on getting more in the future.

May 13, 2020 9:27 PM

May 2020
I have a cute Kafuu Chino shirt that I wore to school once. People kept calling me a pedo, so I never wore it in public again.

holy fuck
theres a lotta cats
is this place heaven?

May 14, 2020 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
Well I used to wear a lot of Yuri on Ice and Haikyuu shirts during some anime/cosplay events. But not at work or other personal events lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 17, 2020 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
No. Simple white shirt with an anime character or phrase printed on it shouldn't cost more than double.

I also wouldn't be comfortable wearing one in public.
Nov 11, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2014
Yeah i have quite a lot, too many actually. I have no issue wearing stuff like that in public. It's just a shirt, why would i care what strangers think about it. If anything wearing anime stuff is like a scouter for other anime fans xD
Nov 11, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2008
I don't own any anime merch. I wish I did have something but not tacky looking.
Nov 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Aug 2018
No, I don't have any anime shirts to wear.
Nov 11, 2020 8:47 AM
Dec 2017
i wish i had them just to make people avoid me as far as possible irl

Nov 11, 2020 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Still have just the Hisoka shirt. I should get some more!
Nov 11, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2011
operationvalkyri said:
Still have just the Hisoka shirt. I should get some more!

You should get yourself a Vergil shirt ;)

Nov 11, 2020 9:31 AM

Sep 2020
ysphyr said:
I sure do! I own tons of anime t-shirts and wear them pretty often. I buy them at Uniqlo - they make cute designs and you get to support the creators.

that's similar to what I do! i usually don't really buy any of the like hot topic type anime shirts, but I have a few of the manga-style uniqlo ones that I feel are a bit more low-key and have more unique designs imo. i do have a spirited away hot topic shirt tho lol. not hating on the hot topic anime merch tho, i really like how it's becoming more normalized, it's just not really my style.

other than that i do buy anime shirts from artists at anime conventions, mostly ones that don't focus on a single anime, but more original art in an anime style. when i do wear specific anime merch i like it to be more lowkey with a cool design!
Nov 11, 2020 9:53 AM
Sep 2020
Wearing Anime shirts or whatever that is Anime and going out in public will attract a lot of attention. This society is scary and terrifying at the same time.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How did you meet your significant other?

Kinspie13 - 5 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» How to lose weight without going crazy, protect your mental health ( 1 2 )

Scorched_skin - Jan 12, 2023

61 by Chisuku »»
1 minute ago

» Do you think you're disposable to the people around you?

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

34 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
5 minutes ago

» Dominoes

UhOhSPAGET - Oct 3, 2019

16 by BernardSparks »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you watching the Paris Olympics?

DreamingBeats - Jul 26

36 by traed »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.