Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2020 4:28 AM

Sep 2017
Yutaka Nakamura and Yuki Hayashi are back, no wonder why this last episode was great. imo better than ep 13 and the best of whole season

Apr 4, 2020 4:37 AM

Apr 2013
Endeavor > anyone and everyone else. *100 emoji*

I seriously hate that the first episode of the season was wasted on a filler when it could have adapted a couple more chapters of this arc...

Apr 4, 2020 4:39 AM

May 2014
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I CRIED LIKE A BABY.

This was absolutely incredible. The OST, the animation, the freaking EMOTION. TOP NOTCH!

Just like Endevour's thighs!! oops not the right time to reveal my fetish

Apr 4, 2020 4:42 AM

Nov 2014
Really great episode. This whole fight was super excisting and Endeavour being badass is nice to watch. I didn't like this season as much as others, but that last, short arc pushed it up a lot for me.
Apr 4, 2020 4:43 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
This episode was good although this was definitely the weakest season of BnHA ever. No bakugou and sakuga also wasn't as intense. Although we gotta see hawks who turned out to be pretty interesting.

Also, I love it when todoroki's family gets some screen time other than endeavor.

This finale episode has best sakuga in the entirety of my hero academia. If you don't agree, you don't know anything about sakuga nor animation.
Apr 4, 2020 4:46 AM

Jul 2012
Man this was extremely rushed and the season ended at the middle of this arc. What happened after the fight was directly connected to this fight wtf? And my god they ruined the animation so badly too. But....

GOD i cant be not biased about this. I love Endeavor and he was so fucking cool.... I loved the episode even with the shitty animations and incredibly rushed/skipped directing.

ENDEAVOR IS SO BASED. HE CANT BE STOPPED FROM CARRYING THIS SHITTY SEASON. THIS SHITTY 4/10 SEASON BECAME 7/10 JUST IN 2 EPISODES.

Edit: Now that i watched the scenes again, i have to admit the animation was pretty good other than few meme parts like Endy ufo lol.
ShadzzoApr 4, 2020 5:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2020 4:47 AM

Sep 2014
If not the best, then easily a top 3 episode of the series. What a way to end off an otherwise mediocre season. This is how it's done. The music and animation was perfect. Second time this season where MHA actually felt like MHA again. This episode gives me hope that some of the things moving forward will be corrected and better adapted than what we got in the manga, and not turned into an unemotional slideshow like the Overhaul arc
Apr 4, 2020 4:48 AM
Sep 2013
This EP gave me the chilles
Apr 4, 2020 4:51 AM

Sep 2014
Shadzzo said:
Man this was extremely rushed and the season ended at the middle of this arc. What happened after the fight was directly connected to this fight wtf? And my god they ruined the animation so badly too. But....

GOD i cant be not biased about this. I love Endeavor and he was so fucking cool.... I loved the episode even with the shitty animations and incredibly rushed/skipped directing.

ENDEAVOR IS SO BASED. HE CANT BE STOPPED FROM CARRYING THIS SHITTY SEASON. THIS SHITTY 4/10 SEASON BECAME 7/10 JUST IN 2 EPISODES.

Lol, exactly this. It's as if Bones knew how sh*tty their season has been, so they had to pump out a movie quality episode just to justify the sh*t they have been releasing for the past 6 months. Also, it's certainly weird but I am not too mad about where they ended this episode. It works well within the anime when you don't know what happens next. But it could definitely have been better planned. Right now I'm wondering if we will get some sort of special episode to bridge the two seasons or if season 5 will start out with where we left off
Apr 4, 2020 4:55 AM
May 2016
10/10 episode, best in what was otherwise a really mediocre season. Imo this was the last good moment of the manga, the next arc has one of the worst power-ups/"plot developments" I've ever seen in a shounen and I honestly cannot with good faith say the series interests me past this point. At least Endy got to shine as an awesome character and was done justice (unlike fucking Mirio, god damn Bones what were you thinking?)
Apr 4, 2020 4:55 AM

Oct 2017
Endeavor vs Nomu was the best of this season! I'm just a bit sad that they skipped Dabi's appearance which happens right after the fight. It makes me think that if they had covered this in the next season, it would've been better. One more scene that they skipped (not from this episode) was when Bakugo and Todoroki fight together against some minor villain right after they got their licenses. That's all I've for complaining. Overall, this was a great season. The pacing was better than the manga. Oh yeah, too many flashbacks! I like flashbacks tbh. But this season just had a lot more than the previous ones. And in some episode, it got annoying to watch.
Apr 4, 2020 4:57 AM

Dec 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's late in the season but we're getting some badass Endeavor and Hawk moments. Hell, I bet Endeavor wanted to showoff considering he is one of the most skilled pro heroes in their society.

This is actually one of the better episodes imo this season as it has a sort of cinematic feel compared to other episodes. It's like monster vs monster in the city. Really hope season 5 will be better. Season 4 disappointed me.

The finale was pretty good. They should bring GigantoMachina for S5.
Apr 4, 2020 5:01 AM
Oct 2013
Hey look, MHA is great when it's about Heros vs Villians. classic simple and way enjoyable.
I guess the whole season was not up to bar with its successors.
Overall 7.5/10, i expected alot from Overhaul arc and i was left disappointed. onwards to season 5 hoping it stays the course of these last 2 episodes.
Apr 4, 2020 5:03 AM
Aug 2019
Wow, this episode was amazing My hero season 4 went out with a bang.
Overall, this season was not great but I still enjoyed it. Can't wait for season 5 that after-credits scene though.

Apr 4, 2020 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
Truly the NUMBER 1 hero. BASED

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2020 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Overall, not as good as its predecessors but this season was good because we got to see Eri, Overall, Gentle Criminal, La Brava and a bit of Endeavor's character development.

For now, this season gets a 7/10 for me. I feel like I appreciated it more than most Anime onlys.
臭い-
Apr 4, 2020 5:07 AM

Sep 2017
This last episode was great, but the whole 4th season was a disappointment

Hope the 5th season will be a bit better, however the arcs it will cover aren't really interesting either
I hope they won't drag out the
Apr 4, 2020 5:08 AM
Feb 2018
Finally, we get a truly great fantastic episode this season.

After Demon slayer season 1 ended and after season 4 of My hero was near it's end, I was actually thinking if my hero academia was truly a show and a shonen that could become fantastic and not feel redundant.

I was starting to lose hope for the show after this season, i liked the overhaul arc but i feel it just didn't have any lasting impact to the story at all and the festival arc had one great episode with the two villains backstory because it gave us something different for once that felt original.

And here i finally really see why this episode was fantastic by focusing on someone else than midoriya.

By focusing on Zuko's father and his family, we actually get a very interesting and emotional story. It's even never been as emotional as now.
And hearing from many people, the mirio fight was supposed to show that as well but the show failed to adapt it to it's deserved greatness.

Here as a only anime watcher, I felt the greatness of the content and the animation done in a exemplary way and the best shonen episode since that episode 19 from demon slayer.

I had tears in my eyes while watching it, I think i probably even preferred it to the all might vs all for one episode.

It's definitely a top 5 episode of MHA.

But i do feel this episode came too late and this season is easily it's worst unfortunately.

But thank god they rushed the adaptation to give us this episode so at least it didn't leave fans on a sour note.

Now after finsihing the season with this one, i feel my anticipation for a new season was increased by tenfold.

With this and demon slayer, i can't wait for the next wave of shonen seasons and movies.

Apr 4, 2020 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
I was going to give this season a 6/10 (not bad, but the quality drop was obvious), but the fight of Endeavor elevated it to a 7/10. I knew when I saw the preview that it was going to be good, but this surpassed my expectations. One of the best fights of the year for sure, and the best way to end a season.
Apr 4, 2020 5:10 AM

Nov 2016
I was a bit disappointed with the Overhaul arc since it was my favorite in the manga and it didn't live up to what I expected based on the standards of the others seasons.

The school festival arc on the other hand absolutely delivered and managed to climb up the rankings. Feels overload with Gentle x La Brava and the performance.

And these last two episodes were just wow. Was at first a bit wary of pacing issues, but the directing and production, especially in this finale were incredible. While reading the managa I was like"oh cool, Endeavour is giving his all as Nr.1"

Me this episode

Also nice teaser for what's going to go down in season 5. Ngl, the curiosity as an anime only would kill me.

Plus Ultra/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2020 5:14 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah... I just love the ending of BNHA season 4. Endeavor just showed to the world that he deserved that #1 spot by showing how great he is by beating the upgraded nomu.

And by the way that upgraded nomu reminds me of lahmu (in FGO: Babylonia) since it can talk. Hahaha...

Anyways im excited for season 5.
Apr 4, 2020 5:15 AM
Mar 2019
This episode is amazing. Im getting goosebumps with Endeavor "Plus Ultra Prominence Burn". And that pink haired kid, he's the real fans. Im get tearing up a bit with his word.
Apr 4, 2020 5:16 AM

Dec 2018
this episode was awesome!
Apr 4, 2020 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was absolutely amazing, I’m super hyped for season 5 now, especially since the next few arcs are apparently really good.

The season may not have been the greatest out of all the seasons but I still enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully Season 5 will be even greater since the staff don’t have to work on the movie anymore.
Apr 4, 2020 5:19 AM
Apr 2018
The School Festival, Gentle arc, and the last two episode alone are solid 9/10 for me. Really don't care about the Overhaul arc, it is my least favorite this season (and even in the manga).

Can't wait for the next season! It's going to be SERIOUS. I hope Bones would be able to deliver.
Apr 4, 2020 5:30 AM
Mar 2019
Damn, they really did justice to this episode. Overall i enjoyed this season, although it has many flaws, underwhelming and unusual pacing, it could have been better tho. But there are also some of the best moments in this anime (like this one, Deku vs. Overhaul and the performance on Class 1-A). Let's hope this next season will be epic. I could give this season a light to decent 7/10.
Apr 4, 2020 5:32 AM

Jan 2012
this ... was one of the most epic fights in the whole series and it saved my rating of season 4

Apr 4, 2020 5:36 AM

Feb 2018
Endeavour fight was great, only second to AFO vs OFA

Post ED scene, Deku basically unlock Avatar state to meet 7 previous OFA holder (All Might is still alive) after just see their silhoutte on Sport Festival. Since 1st OFA holder, AFO little brother original is stockpile power. Deku will become Avatar.
Apr 4, 2020 5:37 AM
Dec 2015
20 damn minutes of pure BEAT DOWN. This episode was one of the best from all seasons
Apr 4, 2020 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
For an episode finale, this was bloody fantastic!

This might be one of my best animated fights in HeroAca to date. Just seeing Endeavour going all out against this regenerating Nomu was truly gripping. Hawks did very well with saving the citizens from the damaged skyscraper as well as assisting Endeavour during his intense struggle.

Plus, the post-credits scene was very interesting, with what Deku saw during his dream. What a way to hype up the upcoming 5th season! ^_^

Overall, this season was probably the weakest for me so far, mainly thanks to the Overhaul arc. It had its strong fights, but the Overhaul and Mirio fight was let down by the lack of animation fluidity, as well as being let down by the directing quality, too. Deku's fight with Overhaul was pretty good, but it didn't have as much of an emotional impact as all of the great fights before this one.

Despite that, this season still had many great moments. The school festival arc was a lot more fun than I thought it would be, Gentle and La Brava's time in the limelight was VERY enjoyable and they're one of my favourite villains in this series right now, and not to forget, the first time Eri was able to smile during class 1-A's performance will remain as one of my favourite moments in this series as well.

Now I can add Endeavour's heroic fight against the Nomu as one big highlight from this series. Good job, Endeavour. ^_^

8/10.
Apr 4, 2020 5:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good finale with Endeavor, very good season again, i'm looking forward to the 5th season
Apr 4, 2020 5:46 AM

Jul 2016
Best episode of this season for me, I really missed episodes like these in MHA.
Apr 4, 2020 5:49 AM

Feb 2011
Nope, this episode will not be enough to save this boring ass season. Sorry.

The animation was fantastic, but on the story side I can't help but feel like this is just a recycled version of All Might vs Nomu from the first season.
HatsuyukiApr 4, 2020 5:53 AM
Apr 4, 2020 5:53 AM
Aug 2017
Ok, I honestly don't know what the studio was thinking with this episode or this season in general. I am not one to complain normally and was actually willing to defend this season throughout. I love the Overhaul arc, but the execution was decent most of the time, awful in a lot of spots, and really good for parts of an episode. The Culture Festival is one of my favorite arcs in the series, including manga stuff, and was much better done than Overhaul but it was dragged out at least an episode longer than it should have been. The Pro Hero arc, also up there with my favorite arcs, while being the best executed arc adapted this season literally stopped the season 3/4 of the way through the arc. Not to spoil anyone but it might be pretty obvious they stopped the season mid way through an arc. Not only that, but they didn't even finish the fight that they were adapting. Like, what were they thinking? And it kills me cause the last two episodes were actually great and the problem would have been solved if they had just one more episode by not doing the unnecessary recap episode or trimming the Cultural Festival to the length it should have been. There are literally three chapters they'd have to adapt to reach a good stopping point that wouldn't be a cliffhanger.

I will say that I don't think the season was as bad as some of the other people on the thread are claiming. It is still good, but I can't just sit back and say it doesn't have major flaws. I'm don't agree with people who are saying that the writing is trash(although the presentation the season gave makes it seem that way) but there is a huge problem with prioritization of resources for this season. The majority of the season suffered from the production of the movie taking a good portion of the regular TV staff as well as the lead director that has been in charge of all the good parts of MHA's anime up to this point. I mean, there was a marked increase in the average level of the production when the movie released and the entire team returned somewhere around episode 18 or 19. I fucking love MHA, but I have to call it out that this season, which should have been the best to date, has been a severe drop in quality in the adaptation and shows that Bones really didn't put their best foot forward for the season.
darkstom248Apr 4, 2020 6:00 AM
Apr 4, 2020 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
DruMzTV said:
tbh im quite fed up with the people here who claim that all criticism is unjustified.

Constructive criticism is fine, but most negative post I've seen on this forum have nothing constructive about them. I feel like some people ignore all the good things about this season and overexaggerate bad staff for their own hate boner.

Bones just made one of the best episodes in MHA's history and people still call the season trash. I feel like I've been watching a different show this whole time.

Apr 4, 2020 6:03 AM
Aug 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
Nope, this episode will not be enough to save this boring ass season. Sorry.

The animation was fantastic, but on the story side I can't help but feel like this is just a recycled version of All Might vs Nomu from the first season.
I will say that the reason it felt that way is because the arc isn't finished. It takes on a different feeling and meaning if you get to see the rest of the arc that they left out for some reason.
Apr 4, 2020 6:07 AM

May 2017
Pylia said:
Definitely, my favorite episode in the entire series in pretty much any department, from narration to the presentation.
In the end though, by all its shortcomings, particularly in the production and story's structure, it's with certainty far from my least favorite season, as it was able to deliver in the impeccable moments, something I can say for sure, not being the case about S3, imo. Also, as I'm seemingly one of those minority individuals who've liked the School-Festival Arc, the second half, while partwise stretched out, could still entertain and emotionally resonate with me.
All in all a positve experience for me.

I completely agree. Lots of people see the festival arc as "filler" but I thought that the second half was much better than the first one. the 2nd half saved this season for me.
Apr 4, 2020 6:13 AM

Mar 2017
That was incredible! This episode portrayed the emotion, hope, and growth depicted in the manga so well. There were a lot of layers here such as Endeavour's step towards redemption, bringing hope back to society, the internal conflict of the Todoroki siblings and the hints of things to come.

If I was a Todoroki, I don't think I could forgive Endeavour for the past but I would respect him for admitting that he was wrong and trying to change.

One thing I took from this season (I don't know if anyone would agree) is that their society should learn from the absence of All Might that they shouldn't rely so heavily on a single person. As Hawks pointed out, no one really tried to do better because they had All Might and as we've seen that's a dangerous attitude to have when you're protecting people.

I can't wait for season 5... there are some amazing arcs coming!
Apr 4, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2016
As a BnH fan I'm already used at the haters of popular animes coming to this season and complaining about the "low animation" that it had (in like 3 episodes), the lack of fights in this season specially in the second arc, and tbh I think that they hate just to hate.
It's true that it isn't the best season if you compare it to the second, but how is this season that bad? Anyways, I'm looking forward to season 5 and I'm expecting for the team making it that they don't decide to make a unexpected movie that no one asked for that will take effort and animation time from the main season.
Apr 4, 2020 6:30 AM

Mar 2019
this was most "Plus Ultra" thing to happen after All Might's last battle
Apr 4, 2020 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
That hero society got too comfy under All Might and while Endeavor did horrible things he really was the only one striving for more.
Apr 4, 2020 6:35 AM

Mar 2018
okay that was nuts
Apr 4, 2020 6:39 AM
Apr 2015
I have literally no words that would describe my feelings after watching this episode. Just wow...
Apr 4, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2015
While I think this season was the weakest we've seen yet, I've got to admit that this episode was incredible. It had the emotion and animation chops that I feel most of the season was missing. This is definitely a top 3 episode, and I honestly might like this fight more than All Might vs AFO.

Apr 4, 2020 6:50 AM

Aug 2017
damn this episode was cool, didn't expect it to be this good
Apr 4, 2020 6:51 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, arguably the best one this season. They ended the season on a bang.

The production and animation were awesome and the OST was fantastic too.

Overall, as many have said this is definitely the weakest season of BnHA so far but it's still faithful to the source. I enjoyed the Overhaul arc in the manga and I did here too. My only gripe with the anime was that Mirio vs Overhaul felt severely downplayed, Bones had a real chance their to make it better than what it was but they didn't really capitalize on what should have been the highlight of this entire season. I'm very glad they put a lot of that production value into the Endeavor fight to finish the season on a high note. I'm happy S5 is announced but I'm not sure how good it'll be given I'm not a big fan of the developments of what will be S5 and my interest in the series went down after the events of S5 but I will still look forward to it.

9/10
Apr 4, 2020 6:55 AM

Mar 2016
God damn, what the actual hell is up with this series now? It has not been the same since All Might went out of commission.

Yea, this season did have its few sweet fleeting moments, but to me at least, that’s not close to enough to overshadow the dismal and questionable choices of scriptwriting and character development.

Gentle was a lone bright spot due to the potential of revisiting the flaws of this world and society run by Heroes and Villains. Instead the series has done nothing but rely on melodramatic focused or overly ambitious arcs to try to continue the script. Sure, the animation is still hella sweet for the most part, but does fantastic audiovisuals alone trump over mediocre scriptwriting and/or weak, halfhearted themes and concepts? Absolutely not.
Apr 4, 2020 6:55 AM
Sep 2019
Best Episode of this mediocre season.
Apr 4, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
Can someone tell me which chapter follows the end of this season?
Apr 4, 2020 7:03 AM
Mar 2019
This episode was amazing. Fight me. Who was not hyped throughout the episode?
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

231 by Sir_Zech137 »»
Sep 19, 5:29 PM

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM

» This season....

_anime_fan_698 - Oct 29, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.