Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2020 9:38 PM

Jan 2010
What do you do after finishing an anime? Especially one that you're invested in.

I almost always look for the fanwork everytime I finished an anime.
The more I'm invested in it (especially the characters), the more I'd spent time in looking for more content about it (be it official or fanwork), and the more I'd engage myself with the fanbase. Basically all of the above (my vote).

In a way, I actually enjoy the after-watching activities than the actual watching itself, lol. So it's always sad when the anime is unpopular (so there is no more content, nobody talk about it, the fandom is deserted, etc)

Wbu?
CrimsonMidnightJan 25, 2020 10:01 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2020 9:44 PM

Aug 2011
Definitely cry and have an anime hangover
Jan 25, 2020 9:45 PM

Jul 2012
Either more content or move on to the next series immediately.

Most of the other options are pretty much never a choice I'd pick. I don't care about fan made content, discussions or reviews. I don't have enough interest in areas such as staff for it to be particularly worthwhile. Outside of a few notable songs I'm highly unlikely to seek out a full soundtrack (those songs would also be things I look for while I'm watching it not after it ends).

Even the aspect of more content is a bit too broad, like I'll look for more anime specific content but I have no desire to view live events.
Jan 25, 2020 9:49 PM

Feb 2016
If I loved it, then I'll try to find anime that's similar to it. And whether or not I enjoyed or disliked it, I'll also go to forum discussions to read other people's thoughts on it
Jan 25, 2020 9:54 PM

Jan 2010
GamerDLM said:
Either more content or move on to the next series immediately.

Most of the other options are pretty much never a choice I'd pick. I don't care about fan made content, discussions or reviews. I don't have enough interest in areas such as staff for it to be particularly worthwhile. Outside of a few notable songs I'm highly unlikely to seek out a full soundtrack (those songs would also be things I look for while I'm watching it not after it ends).

Even the aspect of more content is a bit too broad, like I'll look for more anime specific content but I have no desire to view live events.

Thanks for the input! I guess I'd separate anime specific content and live content. Make sense!
Jan 25, 2020 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
I'd just move on to the next anime immediately. Got to fill up the list
Jan 25, 2020 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
I immediately move on to the next one.If I really enjoyed a show then I look for as many shows related to it(sequels, prequels,spin-off etc).
If I find the girls to be attractive or hot.I just look for the hentai doujins.lol.
Jan 25, 2020 10:04 PM
Sep 2018
I have a notebook where immediately after finishing an Anime I give its rating. I give rating like 8.4 or 9.3, means not restricted to integers.
After that I note down any Ep or OP that I have liked.
Then I move to another Anime.
And when I come to Mal I try to rate my watched Anime according to my fraction rating to Mal rating. My fraction rating system is really helpful for me as it can become very helpful references for Anime recommendations. Like if Anime rating fall under 8.7-8.9 than in Mal rating I give that Anime a rating of 9.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 25, 2020 10:24 PM

Mar 2013
In most cases, I'll leave it at that and move on to the next show unless there is more story (sequel, manga) to cover. Completion generally leaves a hole until I find something else to cover it.
Jan 25, 2020 10:27 PM

Jun 2019
Pewdie said:
fap

karacterulimitokaracterulimito

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Jan 25, 2020 10:27 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
I pace around and try to digest and savour the feeling

𝒫𝑜𝓅 𝒶 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹
𝒯𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒
𝒫𝓊𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Jan 25, 2020 10:32 PM

Jan 2019
Immediately play Azur Lane or Watch another.
Jan 25, 2020 10:35 PM
Jan 2012
Can't feel sad about a show ending if you never finish them
Jan 25, 2020 10:38 PM

Oct 2016
I either discuss with some friends or just move on to the next. After I finish a really good show it usually takes me some time to move on though. It's kinda like a hangover.

I look at fanart, merchandise or at the source material if I really like the show. I look for the OST if I liked the OST itself even if the show was not that great.

I also really like to watch analysis videos on YouTube. It's a way to understand more about the show and to deepen my love for it.
SarcasticJawJan 25, 2020 10:42 PM
Nyanpasu~
Jan 25, 2020 10:46 PM

Aug 2009
Basically nothing because almost nobody gives a shit about what I watch.

Jan 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2014
I don't put much value in individual anime. I even recently watched 250 of them in a single day. If the anime had some importance to me I might mention than I had completed it to the discords I'm a regular in and converse about my thoughts, but if it was unremarkable then I won't even bother.
Jan 25, 2020 10:48 PM

Nov 2011
- I read reviews before I watched the anime.
- I usually check for the good soundtrack before I finish the anime.
- If I really liked an anime, it is actually harder to me to watch other anime.

Look for sequel is the first thing I will do. If it doesn't count I guess I read sites like wiki first when I think I missed something. The next thing I do is join the discussion, or just read them for fun (stuff like favorite characters, favorite scenes, etc).
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 25, 2020 10:51 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
“All of the Above”, but not entirely. Fan-arts, AMVs and Merchandise aren’t really my thing but the rest to varying degrees more often than not.

I agree that it’s really sad to see the inactive-ness of the lesser-known but good (imo) shows too. One particular case that immediately comes to mind is that of Servant x Service, I’ve no clue as to why this wasn’t well-received in terms of popularity in particular both in and out of Japan.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 25, 2020 11:35 PM

Apr 2019
I do three things after I finish an anime: 1. I give a reasonable rating for the show. 2. I read other people's reviews and see how my thoughts and opinions compares to theirs and 3. Wait a bit before watching the next anime. The last one really depends on what I want to watch next. For example, if I want to watch a Slice of life after I watched a fast-paced action show, I would need to take at least a one day break due to the fact that transitioning between two different genres is difficult and could make me not want to watch the show again. If it's two of the same genre, then I would probably watch on the same day.
Jan 25, 2020 11:35 PM

Jan 2018
very rarely I would search for the song, moving on to next anime usually. I did discuss about Sword Art Online, I may do so with third season of log horizon in future.
Jan 26, 2020 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
i always go on yt and listen to anime soudtrack while reading comments and people opinions
Jan 26, 2020 12:14 AM

Sep 2018
Might read the last episode discussion about it and see some other peoples opinions about the show. Then, if I have sufficient time, start the next series I want to watch.
Jan 26, 2020 12:19 AM

Oct 2017
I like to look for the op,ed soundtracks and ost, as I consider music an essential piece to complete an artwork. Also in general I like to listen to music.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jan 26, 2020 1:42 AM

Feb 2019
I either move to next anime immediately or search for more related content if I'm seriously hooked up.
Jan 26, 2020 1:52 AM

Sep 2019
Well, since my weeb friends are but a few, i usually just move on to the next anime anyway. Until i've completed every weekly updates i either go look for the source material or just randomly look for a manga to read.

Sometimes, i go check on the seiyuu when i think i've heard of their voice before. Or maybe look for the name of the soundtracks i've heard on the anime.

The least thing i do is to read reviews, cuz it could impact my impression on the story drastically. Or even made me want to drop it. Also, i'm afraid i might find a toxic reviews that could leave a bad aftertaste.

One thing i never do is to look for merchandise after finishing an anime. I just look for fanarts of the anime not the merchandise.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 26, 2020 2:00 AM

Sep 2019
Fosn said:
It rather depends on the anime but I usually fap.
Shitaste said:
Pewdie said:
fap

karacterulimitokaracterulimito

That's legit... gimme all of your 6 digit codes '^')

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 26, 2020 2:37 AM
May 2019
I usually just move to another one, unless I really liked an anime in which case all of the above.
Jan 26, 2020 2:48 AM

Aug 2016
Xstasy said:
I usually just move to another one, unless I really liked an anime in which case all of the above.

Same for me. I only like to dive deeper into the series if it was actually good.
Jan 26, 2020 2:49 AM

Oct 2010
I quickly move on to the next one.

Or I take a break from anime and just read a couple chapters of manga until I feel like im ready to binge anime again.
Jan 26, 2020 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
It really depends - if I liked esp. the music, i might look for the soundtrack, or if a seiyuu caught my ear I will look them up - if it's the characters / character designs that impressed me most, I will def look for fanart or get a new figure for my shelf.
Yes, for some shows that does indeed mean I'd vote "all of the above".

I don't have many friends I can talk about a show I watched, but there is one who will always lend me an ear, since I neeeeed to talk about something I liked or even loved to watch <.< I feel guilty for adding to their PTW lists doing that, but well. This is something I do after finishing a show, that is not really in the poll options.

Occasionally I will hunt down the source material if it's an adaption, like the manga or novel it's based on.
Jan 26, 2020 3:32 AM

Oct 2018
I'll look for hentai of it, of course.
Why isn't that even an option?
Jan 26, 2020 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
Shicchi said:
What do you do after finishing an anime? Especially one that you're invested in.

The more I'm invested in it (especially the characters), the more I'd spent time in looking for more content about it (be it official or fanwork), and the more I'd engage myself with the fanbase. Basically all of the above (my vote).

In a way, I actually enjoy the after-watching activities than the actual watching itself, lol. So it's always sad when the anime is unpopular (so there is no more content, nobody talk about it, the fandom is deserted, etc)

Wbu?

Trueee....this is why i invest most of my energy in shounen more than anything else.(by that i didn´t mean that i don´t watch anything else,it´s just that I invest more time in shounen´s after-watching activites since they are extremely popular so there is more fanart of my fav characters,content related to it etc.).It´s a different case with other animes though because they are less popular so i kind of just read a few reviews and move on.
This is why my attachment to shounen goes a bit deeper than for other anime.Animes like dragon ball or one piece haven´t truly ended yet,so the fandom can never actually die since there is always more content to come.
SummerynJan 26, 2020 3:46 AM
Jan 26, 2020 3:52 AM
Jan 2020
Probably gaze into thin air due to a heavy heart cause all the adventures are over T^T
Jan 26, 2020 3:54 AM
Apr 2016
Discussion, context, deeper analysis of the themes.
Re:formed
Jan 26, 2020 4:06 AM

Dec 2017
Move on to the next anime. In rare cases I see specials/ovas/movies. It depends on how much I doesn't want the anime to end.
Jan 26, 2020 4:13 AM

Jan 2010
-Aincrad- said:

Yeah, I bet you fap to tanjiro x nezuko hentai :3

CrimsonMidnightJan 26, 2020 4:20 AM
Jan 26, 2020 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
Write a short summary or just the highlights in my memory and call it a day.
Jan 26, 2020 4:15 AM

Dec 2018
I made it kind of a thing for me to watch all the specials and OVAs after I'm done with the main anime, I just have to watch everything related to that series before moving on. Sometimes I cry that there will be no season 2........i definitely do that sometimes.
Jan 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
Shicchi said:
-Aincrad- said:

Yeah, I bet you fap on tanjiro x nezuko hentai :3

Yeah sounds pretty out of character for this person.Is it sarcasm,or is it genuine?Guess,we´ll never know.
Jan 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Jan 2010
Missaliensan said:
Shicchi said:

Wbu?

Trueee....this is why i invest most of my energy in shounen more than anything else.(by that i didn´t mean that i don´t watch anything else,it´s just that I invest more time in shounen´s after-watching activites since they are extremely popular so there is more fanart of my fav characters,content related to it etc.).It´s a different case with other animes though because they are less popular so i kind of just read a few reviews and move on.
This is why my attachment to shounen goes a bit deeper than for other anime.Animes like dragon ball or one piece haven´t truly ended yet,so the fandom can never actually die since there is always more content to come.

Pretty much this. :3
There are sooooo many contents of One Piece, official and fanwork, and more is still coming :3
Jan 26, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2016
I mostly don't follow the seasonals and am on mobile, so I usually don't participate in forum discussions. I like to read reviews that oppose my view of the anime I watched in an attempt to get a more critical understanding of it.
Jan 26, 2020 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
Look for the fanwork (fanart, fanfic, AMV, doujinshi, etc).
I mainly look for doujinshi and p**n fan pics of characters in the anime.

Afterwards maybe I will check what the forums of the anime are discussing and maybe add some comments of my own.
Jan 26, 2020 7:07 AM

Oct 2014
Fosn said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I don't put much value in individual anime. I even recently watched 250 of them in a single day.

I'm sorry, what? How can that even be possible? What method you could possibly have used to accomplish such goal?
I looked through MAL seasonal pages to find only the shortest anime (6 minutes per anime max) and then binged them all in one day.
Jan 26, 2020 11:08 AM

Nov 2015
Shicchi said:

Wbu?

I sorta do a lot of the things on that list, depending on how much I liked the show.

While I don't really go on the discussion forums, I do like to talk about a series I finished with friends that watched the same thing - especially if they were the ones pushing me to watch it in the first place.
If I see any videos talking about the series - either reviewing it or talking about some aspect of the plot or theme - I really enjoy watching those.
Staff and Studio is usually something I'll notice while I'm watching something, especially if I see a really cool bit of animation (and I wonder, 'man, what studio did this again? I love it')

I definitely try to watch a series in order, so after I finish the first season, I take a few minutes to add the rest of the anime to my PTW/HOLD list.

If I liked it a lot (8-10), I'll even spend a few days downloading wallpapers and images for my desktop backgrounds.

I've never been that big on buying merchandise, but I can certainly appreciate seeing it and recognizing it after watching the series it's from. At the very least, I love buying posters, so I'm always super hyped when I find some really awesome artwork
Jan 26, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
I'll check for fanart or rewatch memorable moments.
Jan 26, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
After I finish a show I look to see if there is a sequel or special and add it to my PTW if I liked the show enough. If not then on to the next show.

I look for art and OPs / EDs before I finish the series if I like them.
Jan 26, 2020 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Immediately search for doujinshi related the show
Jan 26, 2020 12:08 PM

Sep 2018
Usually I read reviews of it afterwards to see if my thoughts matched up with others. Helps me reflect on it more
That or if I really didn’t care about it I’ll just move on
Jan 26, 2020 12:11 PM
Jan 2020
Usually i find communities related to it, listen to the music (openings/endings/themes), sometimes watch the side content, continue reading the manga where the anime left off if its still going on and then move on to the next anime on my watch list.

That's how i have been doing things.
MisterLokiJan 26, 2020 12:15 PM
Daft Punk is love, Daft Punk is life

Jan 26, 2020 12:12 PM

Sep 2019
Usually immediately move on to another anime. Sometimes I look up the opening/ending on YouTube if I like the song. That's about it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

40 by rohan121 »»
2 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

10 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

235 by perseii »»
6 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

60 by Pinoffin »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

29 by Hitagi__Furude »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.