Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Feb 2019
Birdsanddrugs said:
Superns18 said:
Fuck asekladd fr fr. Piece of shit. Also, damn how the fuck did I miss Thorkell being a Christian, it was so obvious. This episode left me so angry man I’m not gonna lie

Was Thorkell a Christian? Wasn't he a 100% Norse warrior who only loves fighting?

I meant Thors sorry
Oct 15, 2019 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Not gonna lie, it was pretty meh.
I really dislike the direction in this show.

That monologue at the end... IDK, it was supposed to be dramatic, right?
I actually fell asleep.

Really average show so far.
Unfortunately.

Better stop watching it then.
Oct 15, 2019 4:56 AM

Jul 2017
Just like in the manga: "Wherefore dost thou forget us forever, and forsake us so long?" - Lamentations 5:20
This Bible verse meant that the end is near, and when the Devil won this battle by a landslide. God's resolution with the Devil's revolution.

The killing of Thors by Askeladd's men raíses questions from the captured Priest, but it was one of awestrucked shock. That was worse when he couldn't save innocent people from Askeladd and this men.

And from the perspective of Askeladd, being traditional Norsemen and Danish doesn't give them fucking scraps about killing innocent people, much less care about religion. It's to kill or be killed. It's about survival of the fittest. SO WHAT if civilians are killed? It serves nothing if the Danes cannot survive. God knew the sin of the world, and allowed evil to thrive in such environments like this.

Plus, the concept of Gods and Kings in the 10th Century weren't much defined, although the faith was there, but when staying alive meant more than religion.

What a chilling and impactful episode. Cold-blooded Askeladd is what I'd already come to expect when tactics and survival meant all to him and get things done efficiently AND EFFECTIVELY. ALL THOSE GORE and BRUTAL VIOLENCE, UNCENSORED, in front of people who are getting killed by others.
KANLen09Oct 15, 2019 5:07 AM
Oct 15, 2019 5:01 AM

May 2019
A very emotional episode showing another perspective on the Danes. Man, this show truly is unique. The art and composition just carried the message across even better.

I love this show so much, even in episodes like this that focus on worldbuilding, rather than the incredible characterisation of Thorfinn and Askeladd.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 15, 2019 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode as always it was sad too i give it 10/10
Oct 15, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
Don't know why some folks are calling this episode filler. It specifically sets up two things which will come into play in the next episode or two on top of furthering establishing Askeladd as a character. Like damn have some patience.
Oct 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Oh boy, this was one of the best directed episodes of the year. Although the dialogues were a bit weak in my opinion.
Oct 15, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
This was so damn edgy! just the perfect amount of edgy I wanted! honestly this was probably the only ep I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish. This series has been pretty weak for me for the most part, but this one really hit the nail.
Oct 15, 2019 1:45 PM

Mar 2018
Ragnar "Your luck will run out"

Askeladd later "We need to kill all of them"

Not to mention Canute, Ragnar and the priest are all Christians. I wonder if that's the other setup?

@GreenEmu I'm so tired of people in episode discussions (not just with VS) saying "nothing happened, all pointless, no purpose", as if there's any truth to it or that they're superior to other viewers for literally not caring about anything. I'll never understand the logic they use because they'll never respond back lol.
poop
Oct 15, 2019 3:05 PM

May 2018
Amazing, really. Loved this episode, despite being dark, this is really great. I feel bad for Anne for feeling like that, as well as for the civillians. I don't know if I will hate Askeladd for that, because that was disturbing. Great feels, and I hope Anne will show up again.

Oct 15, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
Middle-ages Euproa is just shitty place, I don't know why civilians who wish to live in peace even exist back in the day. They are literally just like animals where it's kill or get killed. I didn't really like the episode, it just there to show us how horrible those Vikings are but we already knew this.

Btw, does Thorfin take part in those raids? I don't recall ever seeing him taking part in those mass murders Askaland and his group commits.
I guess the author doesn't want to make him irredeemable
Devil_SlayerOct 15, 2019 4:16 PM
Oct 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Oct 2017
Devil_Slayer said:
Middle-ages Euproa is just shitty place, I don't know why civilians who wish to live in peace even exist back in the day. They are literally just like animals where it's kill or get killed. I didn't really like the episode, it just there to show us how horrible those Vikings are but we already knew this.

Btw, does Thorfin take part in those raids? I don't recall ever seeing him taking part in those mass murders Askaland and his group commits.
I guess the author doesn't want to make him irredeemable

Eh it wasn't all bad and granted it depends when in the Middle Ages I would much rather live in the 12th Century than say the 17th Century. Plus you can take your pick before the Middle Ages you had tons of brutality in Europe like Caesar's genocide in Gaul and Germania while bringing "civilization to Europe". No period is without it's atrocities.

Also not really he doesn't help Askeladd outside of earning his supper, fighting for his life and for duels. Throughout most of this part of his life Thorfinn has kinda summed up the world as it's eat or eaten. He isn't supposed to be a really good person (the manga is aware he isn't) for the most part all he cares about is looking to survive and earning his duel.
Oct 15, 2019 6:48 PM

Jan 2019
dIspOsAbLe cHaRActErs, wAsTE oF tImE, wE aLrEAdy kNOw ThAT tHeY rAiD.
- This episodes gives us empathy. They may be strangers and not relevant to the plot (except partly for Anne, you'll see next episode), but how this episode portrays them makes it feel real. They are innocent people caught between war and necessities require them to be slaughtered. Whilst how they portray Christianity does not match the brutality of some monarchs that defy it, they are just innocent good willed villagers nevertheless.
It let us see this chaos through the eyes of the undeserving and how they themselves suffer from it, not through the eyes of the Vikings (especially Thorfinn).
- It gives Askeladd more characterisation by telling us that this is a man is ruthless enough to do anything to achieve his goal. It also serves as a good contrast from the past few episodes.
- Anne has stolen a ring and has committed a sin, yet she is the only one who survives. She questions whether or not this was intentional by God, if she was not worthy enough to be part of her family. Quite ironic indeed. You can also see it as her being relieved that there are more evil people on the planet than her, making her feel "elated".
A lot to break down here, it tells a short story that is quite compelling while also expanding on it's raiding aspect and the ruthless necessities of it at the time. And Annes role is not quite over yet, she will be a catalyst for the main plot, trust me.
I just wish people wouldn't look at things on the surface sometimes.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenOct 17, 2019 12:56 PM
Oct 15, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2016
This was really hard to watch for all the right reasons. It makes me want to find a Dane and tell him to fuck off.

Oct 15, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 2019
Todd_ said:
Arguably the weakest episode in the series thus far. The gratuitous violence and empty monologues did nothing for the show. We already knew that this is a grim, cruel, and violent world and that Askeladd and his crew and the worst of the worst. This episode was wholly unnecessary.

On a personal level, I found it to be both disturbing and morbid. Seeing an innocent, God-fearing family, and village for that matter, cut down for no reason felt both wrong and like it was used for cheap shock value. I see that they were trying to establish empathy with this family by showing innocent children and how their hands have been beaten and battered by both the intense cold and the hard work that comes with living in that environment. But honestly, it all felt empty as we didn't know these people, nor do they have any impact on the story whatsoever. Same with the girl's monologue. I assume it was used to show that Askeladd and his men are beyond redemption and do not care about any consequences that may follow.

The priest's rambling continues to make zero sense, but his interest with Thorfinn's father is somewhat interesting. But I would hardly call it development for his character.

Other than that, this felt like a waste of time. Everything it established and put on display here are things we've known the first episodes.
Honestly there's not much of this 'free violence' thing in historical shows, it doesn't matter, humans always did atrocities, and nowadays people exploit this image, it's like asking for a war and not making it a massacre of men, or to say that a lion killing a warrior in the coliseum is gratuitous violence, everything is justified given its time, I think adopting this pattern of criticism is futile, even if the intention is to make us see progress from a different perspective (and empathy is subjective, so I will respect that) the previous episodes romanticized they, but here it was deconstructed by all this different view.
Oct 16, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2016
That was errr... emotionally confusing I guess would the best term. I like the bits I usually like, the visuals, the character interactions, but apart from that I just kinda zoned out when it went all grim-dark towards the end. One thing I really liked though was that slow panning when they show the sort-of-flashback to Thors. I couldn't tell if those were 3D models or not. Either way it looked great.

I really want to follow on the story of that girl, but knowing this show's formula so far, we're probably not gonna see her again for ages, if ever. That's something that's been kind of bothering me about this show. It keeps on introducing all these interesting side characters that you want to care about and then just drops them because the focus is always on Thorfinn and Askeladd's journey.
ChilliePeppersOct 16, 2019 5:11 AM
Oct 16, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2016
Whats sad is people still believe in this god 1000 years later.
False hope is false hope.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 16, 2019 5:37 AM

Jan 2016
this episode is a reminder to everyone that Askeladd and his people aren't good.
Oct 16, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
Totally agree with the OP. It was a dark christian episode, the reference to people killing each other without any hesitation was well done
Oct 16, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
RobinTheKing said:
this episode is a reminder to everyone that Askeladd and his people aren't good.

Wow, I came here to say the same pretty much. Episode 14 of Vinland Saga: A reminder for anyone that happened to forget that Askeladd and his bunch are pure shit. Some people might have genuinely forgotten that part.

I DESPISE them.
Oct 16, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
FUCK YES!
I didn't realize 24 minutes have passed until the ending song started playing. I'm starting to like Askeladd more and more.
Oct 16, 2019 5:26 PM

May 2017
I really hope the motley crew of merry Danes get their comeuppance sooner rather than later, Askleladd's lack of morality and general smugness is really starting to grate my gears aha.

Great episode all in all, some truely jaw dropping scenes visually this ep
Oct 16, 2019 5:43 PM
Jul 2019
I was watching the second opening again and all I got from 0:47 minute is death flags all over Ragnar. I'm not a manga reader but I hope they didn't spoil such a thing here. It looks like he will die to allow the prince character to develop and stand for his own though.

https://youtu.be/2e1t5VM9jTk

The opening is great btw when you listen to it multiple times.
Oct 17, 2019 4:38 AM

Sep 2019
That family scene was adorable, and as always, they make bread look really nice in these kinds of shows, but as Spice & Wolf has taught me that it probably isn't the best bread due to quality of the oats, milling price/tax, wheat quality, and some bastards good/bad oats together just to make it look better.

And then... the raid happened... well, that hurts my heart. I keep forgetting that these guys are still friggin raiders. Damn you Askeladd, you charismatic bastard alongside with the tragic Thorfinn (and co).

But really, that is certainly the saddest episode yet.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Oct 17, 2019 5:29 AM
Jul 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
Not gonna lie, it was pretty meh.
I really dislike the direction in this show.

That monologue at the end... IDK, it was supposed to be dramatic, right?
I actually fell asleep.

Really average show so far.
Unfortunately.

Average? With which show did you compare this anime? In the line of anime show, I don't think this is average

Neji said:
Another shit episode. Characters that we don't care about, violence that we have seen countless times already. All of the people who comment on realism, how many burned villages we have seen already? What the hell you think that dane invasion is anyway. Everyone knows that innocent die, so what was the purpose of this episode. Also those two brothers didn't know why Thor died or who he was? That is idiotic, this show is going down the drain, but fanboys are too blind to see it.

P.S. Also can people please stop going crazy about background and such, yes we got it it looks good, but how many episodes are we going to discuss it.

"what was the purpose of this episode"
For you to ask this... I see, you are completely missing it then. Should I give you a spoiler so you can see how important this episode is? Or would you like to wait calmly until you can understand how important this episode is?

"Also those two brothers didn't know why Thor died or who he was? That is idiotic"
What is idiotic about this? They are passed out. Watch the episode 03 again. Also, Askeladd didn't know much about Thor himself, and Thorfinn didn't talk about his father with them.

Summary, learn to observe a story.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenOct 17, 2019 12:54 PM
Oct 17, 2019 5:47 AM
Jul 2019
Neji said:
Another shit episode. Characters that we don't care about, violence that we have seen countless times already. All of the people who comment on realism, how many burned villages we have seen already? What the hell you think that dane invasion is anyway. Everyone knows that innocent die, so what was the purpose of this episode. Also those two brothers didn't know why Thor died or who he was? That is idiotic, this show is going down the drain, but fanboys are too blind to see it.

P.S. Also can people please stop going crazy about background and such, yes we got it it looks good, but how many episodes are we going to discuss it.

For you to ask this... I see, you are completely missing it then. Should I give you a spoiler so you can see how important this episode is? Or would you like to wait calmly until you can understand how important this episode is?

"Also those two brothers didn't know why Thor died or who he was? That is idiotic"
What is idiotic about this? They are passed out. Watch the episode 03 again. Also, Askeladd didn't know much about Thor himself, and Thorfinn didn't talk about his father with them.

Summary, learn to observe a story. What kinda story did you watch usually? A slice of life? Or did you too dependent on a flasback?
Oct 17, 2019 6:16 AM

Dec 2013
AngryAf said:

Lol, you must be kidding. Are you blaming this guy for bad directing in this show?
Also, I heard that argument many times while I was watching Tate no Shit Anime Nariagari. Spoilers didn't help. The explanations were pure garbage.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenOct 17, 2019 12:53 PM
Oct 17, 2019 6:25 AM
Jul 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
AngryAf said:

Lol, you must be kidding. Are you blaming this guy for bad directing in this show?
Also, I heard that argument many times while I was watching Tate no Shit Anime Nariagari. Spoilers didn't help. The explanations were pure garbage.

Does your taste so good that you have to say "garbage" or "shit"?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenOct 17, 2019 12:52 PM
Oct 17, 2019 6:53 AM

Dec 2013
AngryAf said:
Does your taste so good that you have to say "garbage" or "shit"?

I was talking about Shield Hero.
Fanboys were trying to defend this show with spoilers, but jk, it was getting worse and worse.

I'm not saying that's the case here. I just wanted to point out that's a terrible argument (spoilers). If you need spoilers to explain something, then the direction must be ultimately bad.
Oct 17, 2019 7:21 AM

Mar 2018
@Kamiyan3991 Basically, just like when you accused KnY of having bad animation, you're being disingenuous. So because some random guy said the episode had no purpose (without giving any arguments) the directing is bad? It can't be the fault of the viewer? Just so you now, it was all foreshadowed and pretty obvious in retrospect. Like very clearly, see my post #234. Even then this episode clearly had a purpose, the characters needed shelter and food more than ever.

I don't understand what's cheap about the monologue when it's trying to capture the thoughts of a very religious christian girl who feels guilty after a slaughtering. Whatever

poop
Oct 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2013
@Esquirtit you need to read carefully, fam.
I wrote about it before even seeing that "random guy" comment. I only commented on that "another random guy" post because that part about saying spoilers was unironically funny.

Huh, I don't know what KnY have to do with anything. Yeah, it has your typical ufotable "animation" (aka dynamic came moves) but I don't see how's that related.

Esquirtit said:
I don't understand what's cheap about the monologue when it's trying to capture the thoughts of a very religious christian girl who feels guilty after a slaughtering. Whatever

I think you don't understand. I'm not talking about what she said (I couldn't care less honestly). I was talking about how it was shown. Extending the monologue with some weird pauses between every word doesn't magically make something like this more dramatical. Hell, I was just (un)patiently waiting for the end.

And generally, pacing is not the best in this show. Same goes for story progression. At least now we don't focus on Thorfinn, since he's boring and way too straighforward.
Oct 17, 2019 7:57 AM
May 2016
I like how this ep was just rich in atmosphere all the way through, the art was fantastic and the OST got me in the gut, especially at the end. They really didn't pull back any punches on depicting the vikings as they were in real life, god that was really heavy.
Spot on work for this ep, probably my favorite one yet, the direction was great and the pacing was perfect as well, it built up that looming feeling of dread and when it all went down at the end I like how... Quiet it was, it didn't feel the need to make the last scenes overly melodramatic or overly gruesome, it was perfectly dark. Good shit.
Like fuck I have to expand on it. This ep felt so different to all the eps we've seen previously. Stuff like displaying the prayers silently on the screen in text, the major use of quiet/ambient noises, the change of perspective from the vikings/Thorfinn to seeing the effects of a raid from the perspective of the villagers, this ep's really gotten me to appreciate the series a lot more. Bravo WIT.
ModernoirOct 17, 2019 8:04 AM
Oct 17, 2019 8:11 AM

Mar 2018
@Kamiyan3991 Fine, then it was a misunderstanding on my part because you still said

I just wanted to point out that's a terrible argument (spoilers). If you need spoilers to explain something, then the direction must be ultimately bad.

Some people do need spoilers because they get pissed off when it doesn't go the way they want it to and for that reason call episodes pointless. You called the directing bad so I thought you referred to this case as well

Well that's just subjective as you said, it wasn't necessarily to make it more dramatical. Maybe it was delivered that way for people who did find her character engaging and wanted to see her perspective. Same goes for the pacing and story progression. I think the way it's structered isn't best for weekly watching, but that's not because of any flaws, it depends on how you enjoy your anime. I assume you believe it's ''too slow'', well many people don't and I don't, what's wrong with it?

poop
Oct 17, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2019
Damn Askeladd bastard, and his men! Stupid prince! He could have stopped you from committing that horrible massacre. I was very sad and angry at what happened in this episode, ... children, women and the elderly, many innocent and humble people died. But well, that was the harsh reality in those times. A minute of silence for those people.

Ps: At least the priest had mercy, but it was too late.
Oct 17, 2019 1:08 PM
Nov 2007
AngryAf said:
Neji said:

Summary, learn to observe a story. What kinda story did you watch usually? A slice of life? Or did you too dependent on a flasback?

Just going to ask one thing. Are you saying that after the brothers woke up and found out that the legendary warrior was killed they wouldn't have asked anyone about the details? There is nobody in that camp should be unaware of this. This are vikings who warship the strong and for anyone to claim that they would have just gone on their way without getting details is deluded. The show is using this point to add mystery, but what mystery when the facts are knows to everyone. There were countless witnesses. Just the fact that Thorfin wants the public duels would have pushed anyone to find out the details. Try and explain that?
Oct 17, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Removed all the baiting, flaming and insults. As a reminder, those aren't allowed on the forums and posts like those will be removed and might result in further consequences. See the Site & Forum Guidelines Section I.

Calling other people trolls isn't allowed either and is considered self-modding. Those posts will also be removed.

Please use the report function if you see posts that are breaking the rules.
Oct 17, 2019 2:08 PM
Feb 2016
Neji said:
AngryAf said:

Just going to ask one thing. Are you saying that after the brothers woke up and found out that the legendary warrior was killed they wouldn't have asked anyone about the details? There is nobody in that camp should be unaware of this. This are vikings who warship the strong and for anyone to claim that they would have just gone on their way without getting details is deluded. The show is using this point to add mystery, but what mystery when the facts are knows to everyone. There were countless witnesses. Just the fact that Thorfin wants the public duels would have pushed anyone to find out the details. Try and explain that?

They actually did know how and why he died. You are misinformed. Please go rewatch the episode. This anime needs to be watched more than once to catch onto the nuance.
Oct 17, 2019 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Askeladd is such a bastard not because he killed a bunch of innocents but because those are his own people to whom he looked at with cold eyes speaking to them with their language just to send the fear into their souls before killing them and all of that after what he said to the kings of those lands about protecting his home.

He is a hypocrite who is ready to do anything for his own benefit.

That makes him a great antagonist though.

Oct 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
Agamenon said:
Askeladd is such a bastard not because he killed a bunch of innocents but because those are his own people to whom he looked at with cold eyes speaking to them with their language just to send the fear into their souls before killing them and all of that after what he said to the kings of those lands about protecting his home.

Not that it justifies the act but those are not his people, the villagers are English. The same people his ancestor Artorius was fighting against.
Oct 17, 2019 3:29 PM

Jun 2015
TopgunUK said:
Agamenon said:

Not that it justifies the act but those are not his people, the villagers are English. The same people his ancestor Artorius was fighting against.

Ok I thought they were still in Wales. Thanks for rectifying me.
Now that does change a little bit the way I look at the situation but it's still cruel enough.

Oct 17, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2019
Neji said:
AngryAf said:

Yes, this is an unnecessary mystery, we all know that mr obvious. Therefore, this is not a mystery. Those two is merely an idiot. They are a viking whose only know how to get money from fighting and killing, they've never went to school, they have no goal(all they care about is fun and money). Thor's story is merely a story to them. What kinda intelligent did u expect from them?

Heck, this is better like this, it shows how unintelligent they are. Why they only know about getting money is from killing. Why they could be so cold with all the killings and raping. They don't have a strong personality. They only live from impulse.

Yes, they know how and why he died, but they don't know the details about who Thor is. I thought that's what you're asking?
AngryAfOct 17, 2019 4:49 PM
Oct 17, 2019 8:40 PM
Jan 2019
Damn I’m shook. I really enjoy Askeladd but yeah, he’s a Viking and not a good person. That was really hard to watch and the tension was done perfectly. As soon as it cut to the family sitting around the table enjoying dinner I just had a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Askeladd really said fuck them kids. 😔
Oct 18, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
could have been a lot more dramatic if there were screams during the slaughtering, the violence is toned down too much
Oct 18, 2019 11:22 AM
Nov 2017
Realistic, to think the world was --and still is, such a cruel place
It isn't my favourite episode unlike the other 13 but this still interesting. I hope to see more of Thorfinn and Canute in the next episode :>
Oct 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
When I read this part in the manga, it was really hard to take in. It depressed me but remember, a long time ago, in various wars that took place, this happened. I am more sensitive when it comes to young children, especially babies, dying or being murdered in cold blood. Of course, the innocent adults dying hurt me too but when I know that they also killed the children, it hurt me more.

Gonna be honest, after this part in the manga, I didn't care for Askeladd's men. I still like Askeladd, why? He's a well-written character. He's not a "good guy" nor could you say that he's entirely evil. He's a mix of evil, disturbed, determined, has some good traits, etc. He has a goal and wants to achieve that. He does not mind sacrificing others to achieve that goal. I like him as a character in this series, in real life, I would stay far away from anyone like him and most especially, people like his men.
臭い-
Oct 18, 2019 9:42 PM
Jun 2019
I feel like this is just a filler episode that has almost nothing to do with the main characters
Oct 18, 2019 11:04 PM

Jan 2019
JolteonRL said:
I feel like this is just a filler episode that has almost nothing to do with the main characters
Nope, part of the manga
Oct 19, 2019 2:19 PM
Feb 2018
nullius_ said:
supernicolasman said:
First episode i stopped.

I guess i can't do it anymore, the rape and killing done by askelaad and his group is just too fucking much.

I get the realism of the time. But i just can't enjoy watching characters going through comedy moments and making funny quips because they think they are cool and then murdering an entire village or raping all the women around.

It's just not entertaining to me to follow these types of characters.

I understand that it's hard to view/follow a story from the perspective of awful people. I have a hard time with it too.

I first read the manga years ago. It was easier to get through this first part as it only took me a few hours to get to read.

In the rest of the story it's a lot easier to empathize and rout for the characters.

I hope you give this series one more try from the beginning. (If you're done with the anime. Try the manga)
If not from the beginning. Then try read the manga from chapter 55 and onwards, if your confused about the plot, PM me and I'll send you a quick recap.

I think if Vinland Saga gets a season 2 it begins at chapter 55 or 56 do there's that too :)
Sorry for my bad english...

Yeah i did read abit forward and it helps knowing what happens after.

But i'll wait for more episodes to come out before i watch the show again.
Oct 19, 2019 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
poor fodder village...
3/5.

Oct 20, 2019 3:57 AM

Jan 2019
matias067 said:
poor fodder village...
3/5.

I'm genuinely surprised with this score, considering that you're such a positive and charismatic guy.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Vinland Saga has an amazing plot... ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 21

53 by peterross »»
Yesterday, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

404 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 6, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

797 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

256 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
Apr 26, 1:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.