Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Nov 2014
Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:

in the stone age with lim

It's possible. Human body can be that strong. Just go to the gym and ask one of those experienced body-builders
do you even know how much can trained guiy dead lift at 5 cm from self so evry e 15 cm far from self weight increases by 30 percent .. so how long that spear is ... normal spear be 2 meter 200cm so count mister if he normaly weights like 70 kg for average young guy ... pls dont be ridicilous .. plus he catch him in the the mid air with all faling down 70 kg force with that spear.
so plsl take 70kg weight throw it down and let the dude with 2 meters long stick catch it with wery end of it ... if you show anyone who can do that i suck your c***
trust me there're hundreds of people in this world who can do that. Ginrou may act as a wimp but he's still a guard of the village. Why choose a 'loser' like Ginrou when they have a strong buff guy like Magma? Obviously it's cause Ginrou isn't as weak as we think. Not to mention in extreme situations the human body can show strength that far surpassed their limit, like that mother who lifted a car to save her child.

Wanna see someone who can do that?

How about this

Of course Ginrou doesn't look like that, but who knows what he's hiding under those clothes ;-)
Sep 20, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
I'm the only one who remembered Atelier series in this episode of Dr. Stone? A quest for create an item, but first you need some ingredients to build a tool for collecting another ingredient for create the main item.
Sep 20, 2019 12:54 PM
Nov 2015
ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:
do you even know how much can trained guiy dead lift at 5 cm from self so evry e 15 cm far from self weight increases by 30 percent .. so how long that spear is ... normal spear be 2 meter 200cm so count mister if he normaly weights like 70 kg for average young guy ... pls dont be ridicilous .. plus he catch him in the the mid air with all faling down 70 kg force with that spear.
so plsl take 70kg weight throw it down and let the dude with 2 meters long stick catch it with wery end of it ... if you show anyone who can do that i suck your c***
trust me there're hundreds of people in this world who can do that. Ginrou may act as a wimp but he's still a guard of the village. Why choose a 'loser' like Ginrou when they have a strong buff guy like Magma? Obviously it's cause Ginrou isn't as weak as we think. Not to mention in extreme situations the human body can show strength that far surpassed their limit, like that mother who lifted a car to save her child.

How about this

Of course Ginrou doesn't look like that, but who knows what he's hiding under those clothes ;-)
now you just make no sense you just ignored evry science based fact i put to you and you talk abstract nonsence. we all seen what is those muscles of his an no mister no ffuckjing way no one ever did that even Jay cant do that :P if you like show its okay but no need say that evrything what it shits is gold okay :)?
Sep 20, 2019 1:05 PM

Jan 2017
That was a great way to personify the risks of sulfuric acid, she was essentially a siren and I really enjoyed that
Sep 20, 2019 1:06 PM

Nov 2014
Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:

How about this

now you just make no sense you just ignored evry science based fact i put to you and you talk abstract nonsence. we all seen what is those muscles of his an no mister no ffuckjing way no one ever did that even Jay cant do that :P if you like show its okay but no need say that evrything what it shits is gold okay :)?
and as we all know you can't trust anime's depiction of characters. A tinyass girl can have the strength of a thousand man and a frail looking boy can be a boxing champion. You can't tell how much muscle a character has just by looking at his design.

And like I've said over and over again, it is possible irl. There are people so strong they're borderline inhuman. Reality isn't as realistic as you may believe. There're insane unbelievable things happening in reality every minute. Don't assume something's impossible without looking into it.

And lastly, your average anime/Japanese guys usually weighs around 47kg. Asians' body structures is different from us. They have smaller bones and thus lesser weight.

Maybe next time learn to speak with proper grammar and less swearing before talking to me.
Sep 20, 2019 1:09 PM
Mar 2019
Great friendship development between Senkuu and Chrome... A glimpse of ChromeXKohaku too... The winner of this episode for me was Ginro... He too cute
FanBoii
Sep 20, 2019 1:13 PM
Apr 2016
That shit looks NOTHING like a real sulfuric acid lake in real life. The animators fucked up. They should have looked it up a bit more.
Sep 20, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Why is a lot of people are arguing about how this episode is so not realistic. I mean, I know a lot of things here are based in real life but can we just say the fact that this is only just an anime, the creator and director can do what they want with it. Plus it makes more entertaining to watch so let's just enjoy it.
Nov 2015
ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:
and as we all know you can't trust anime's depiction of characters. A tinyass girl can have the strength of a thousand man and a frail looking boy can be a boxing champion. You can't tell how much muscle a character has just by looking at his design.

And like I've said over and over again, it is possible irl. There are people so strong they're borderline inhuman. Reality isn't as realistic as you may believe. There're insane unbelievable things happening in reality every minute. Don't assume something's impossible without looking into it.

And lastly, your average anime/Japanese guys usually weighs around 47kg. Asians' body structures is different from us. They have smaller bones and thus lesser weight.

Maybe next time learn to speak with proper grammar and less swearing before talking to me.
ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:

ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:

ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:

YOU SAY IS SO SHOW ME AT LEAST ONE WHO CAN DO IT ... to only say there its not enough we need facts dude XD facts doesnt care about your opinion ma friend ...show teh person or video who p actually pulled it off then i say ok you right ..but now you just shit talker thats all
Nov 2018
ElZavier said:
MenchiK1 said:

They didn't make it clear, the "water" was Sulphuric acid but bubbling up from it was Hydrogen Sulfide gas, which is heavier than air and can kill you IF you're stupid enough to walk into it. There were probably a dozen ways to get the water out of there without having to risk breathing that in, that's why this show is dumb, they over complicate everything for dramatic reasons.

Yeah, i mean just search "boating on acid" on youtube, the dude just boating on sulphur lake at Ijen Crater without gas mask

Note. Senku says it's the geography that bothers him. Because the mountain forms a bowl around the lake, the gas can't escape. That's why it's dangerous.
Sep 20, 2019 1:47 PM
Nov 2018
Jans6ever said:
That shit looks NOTHING like a real sulfuric acid lake in real life. The animators fucked up. They should have looked it up a bit more.

You mean like this one?

https://i.imgur.com/tuoO85X.jpg

Yes, how inaccurate by the animators.

Go Google "Sulfur lake" and click on Images.
Sep 20, 2019 1:47 PM
Feb 2009
another banger of an episode props to ginro for overcoming his fear
Sep 20, 2019 1:50 PM
Nov 2018
The episode gets a 5 as usual. Also, it's fun to laugh at the people who complain about the show being "dumb" and "unrealistic" but they're still watching at episode 12, and they can't do a simple google search for pictures of sulfur lakes, which look exactly like the one in the show ... or understand that the danger lies in the gas being bottled up by the geography around the lake. Which is right there in Senku's comment, "The geography bothers me". If the gas can escape, no danger. If the gas can't escape, danger. But I know, complaining cynically sounds intelligent.
Sep 20, 2019 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting bonding this episode, as they put their lives on the line to aquire Sulfuric Acid!

I never had really great grades when it came to chemistry at school, but this definitely made me look back into the stuff again. H2S is some nasty stuff, so I can understand that Senku wanted to be very cautious obtaining the Sulfuric Acid. Even after going together, to help and look after the other, it's Ginro who saves the day!

That Sulfuric illusion was pretty cute, until yeah, time to forget that... pure nightmare stuff.
Sep 20, 2019 2:02 PM
Sep 2017
unlike most of this series that at least captures the art style well enough the latest episode just completely missed the mark certain things went on way too long and the visual of the sulfuric acid wasn't nearly as good as it was in the manga
Sep 20, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2017
I absolutely love the way the Sulfuric Acid adventure is told; like the chemical is a demon that the scientist have to battle.

I'm so proud of my weak and lazy son for doing the right thing even though he was scared... it's these little moments that make Ginro so awesome! I'm totally here for the Senku x Chrome bromance too!
Sep 20, 2019 2:37 PM

Jan 2008
Nice, finally we get some development from Chrome and some more emotional moments. His man-to-man talk with Senku was really nice and it made for a good parallel with Kohaku and her situation. I thought it was so cute when she asked Chrome whether he would take her for a bride but they had to ruin it with the gorilla joke. Seriously, when will they stop with the slapstick jokes.

Other than that it was nice that Ginro overcame his fear at the end, but he's still a wimp and an idiot. Unfortunately this moment alone is not enough to overcome my impression of him. Old dude is cool though, he really manipulated Ginro to do the right thing.
Sep 20, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
"nature doesn't have a mind to think with" - Max Planck, the father of quantum physics, disagrees:

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
Sep 20, 2019 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
Good thing Ginjo was there. Chrome nearly freaking died!

Collecting the sulfuric acid definitely wasn’t easy, but they got the job done.
Sep 20, 2019 3:19 PM

May 2014
Wow that sulphur lake was terrifying. I thought Chrome was a goner for a moment there.
Sep 20, 2019 3:38 PM
Jul 2019
Man, Chome almost lost his life
Sep 20, 2019 3:41 PM
Jul 2019
aLotQuestion_ said:
To be honest, I don't understand how this work.
From what I saw, they just don't need to breath during the process.
They could have just:
1. Hold their breath, there are primitive people, someone should have better stamina to hold their breath and find this someone to help.
2. Make a long (glass)pipe and pump the acid out from a safe distance.
Why no one has thought about that? Am I fundamentally wrong about logic?

Nah you ain't wrong, it's just that in doing so, destroys any dramatic effect
Sep 20, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2017
another great episode. nothing much to say really. i truly enjoyed it. looking forward to the next one.
Sep 20, 2019 4:34 PM
Oct 2018
Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

YOU SAY IS SO SHOW ME AT LEAST ONE WHO CAN DO IT ... to only say there its not enough we need facts dude XD facts doesnt care about your opinion ma friend ...show teh person or video who p actually pulled it off then i say ok you right ..but now you just shit talker thats all

Science isn't my strongest subject but even I know these things are possible. There's always stories about people doing "superhuman" stuff, one of them is called adrenaline. I've heard one where a man lost one of his leg on farming equipment and drove to an hospital (obviously I don't know the full details). Also I heard about the story about mother who lifted the car too. How many stories have you heard about survivors surviving near enough impossible odds, it's for this very reason. Adrenaline doesn't give you superpowers or anything, but it does push your body to it's absolute limit when needed. Look it up. Most of these events are unexpected and unplanned, I doubt people waited for a camera to show up before doing these feats.

Dr Stone may have exaggerated this fact, plus the fact that it's an anime where often characters do the impossible. Look at Kohaku, she's lacking a lot of muscles. She doesn't exactly look like she has "gorilla" strength.

You might not be able to lift a car up by choice, but if it was blocking you or someone else from safety, you may be able to achieve that (key word is "may", because it doesn't always work out well). Instead of asking for evidence to prove this, why don't you look for the evidence to disprove this instead of just going "Nope! What nonsense!". You're just arguing without anything to back up your claims. Look these things up, we're not here to spoonfeed you on demand.

Oh yeah, remember the online video of the two toddler siblings? One crushed by furniture while the other managed to actually help their sibling get out, admittedly struggling to help at first because well...their age. One example you can find on YouTube.
Sep 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

I never knew it was so risky to obtain H2SO4. I remember using it back in school but I guess those solutions are heavily diluted to avoid averse risks that could occur if something goes wrong.

Loved the Senkuu and Chrome interaction, Kohaku's little flashback was great too and her interaction with Chrome was great too.

ttcchen said:
4Ag + H2S + O2 → 2Ag2S + 2H2O
Silver when in contact with hydrogen sulfide in the air will lose its silver shine, resulting in the blackness which is Ag2S

I was hoping someone would post the equation, thanks. xD

aLotQuestion_ said:
To be honest, I don't understand how this work.
From what I saw, they just don't need to breath during the process.
They could have just:
1. Hold their breath, there are primitive people, someone should have better stamina to hold their breath and find this someone to help.
2. Make a long (glass)pipe and pump the acid out from a safe distance.
Why no one has thought about that? Am I fundamentally wrong about logic?

I don't think holding their breath would work, you would definitely end up inhaling a little bit of air but yeah I actually wondered about the second thing too. If they could've just created some kind of pump which probably would've worked fine. Maybe they just didn't have the means to do it or create a long enough pipe for that matter.
Sep 20, 2019 4:44 PM
Oct 2018
ElZavier said:
Dr Stone : "SULPHUR IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IT WILL KILL YOU IN SECONDS!!!!!!"

Kawah Ijen Sulphur Miners : "Hold my pick axe"

Seriously, is sulphur THAT dangerous?, i knew it's dengerous but not THAT deadly since i live in Indonesia where it's common to mine those thing especially in Kawah Ijen where they mine it on daily basis.
Did you know that there are many geothermal manifestation that more dangerous than kawah ijen? Remember Dieng Plateu inccident? Yea, that shows you how dangerous geothermal manifestation are.

Senku warns them because he dont know that geothermal manifestation chemical composition and concentration are, so he just play safe by wearing gas mask. Its common knowladge for any geologist.

Dont Underestimate Geothermal Manifestation Hazard are!

ps. Im also from Indonesian, so I can tell you that most Indonesian people still dont know about geothermal
Inori_HatsuneSep 20, 2019 4:53 PM
Sep 20, 2019 4:49 PM

Sep 2018
Really enjoyed seeing Senkuu and Chrome together as usual, I wonder if were gonna get a new intro soon?
Sep 20, 2019 5:23 PM

Jun 2015
Though it may be a bit exaggerated, and some people may say something like "Oof, this 'dangerous' gas couldn't be that dangerous" and "I saw people go through that with his nose wide open", but does it truly matter??

Yes, Dr. Stone is using a 'supposedly' real life science concept. But it's still not a real science!! It's a science fiction. Though maybe a sudden intake of sulfuric acid's gas could cause nausea at most in real life, every element could go into the story with the purpose of 'entertainment'. Please stop relating some work of fiction toward reality. Your kind of people cringe me the most.
Sep 20, 2019 5:34 PM

Oct 2015
If it wasn't for Ginro, Chrome Would've been cuddling with acid in that pond/dam! He certainly did his part as a bodyguard!

That Kohaku/Chrome little moment was a bit touching. I think the writers thought they were baiting us to thinking Chrome was going to die with those lame death flags.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2019 5:54 PM

Nov 2014
Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

ttcchen said:

no body is gonna post a vid of them holding a stick with another person dangling on the other end of it. fact is humans that strong exist. get it through your thick skull. also, don't quote me three times.
Sep 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2009
heg said:
just activate our suspension of disbelief for shonen shows dudes lol

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. 👆
Like, maybe it's not an actual science documentary? Maybe it doesn't have to be absolutely accurate in every little detail? Heck, it even says so at the end of every single episode:
This is a work of fiction [...] based on reality.
Based on reality, but not actual reality. Same thing when Hollywood decides to make a movie about some dead people found in a weird location somehwere with no actual explanation on how they died - and spins it into a horror with a maniacal serial killer or an alien monster or a ghost or whatever else.
Come on. If you haven't jumped off the train where this kid stayed alive for 3700 years inside a stone shell, forcing himself to be awake by counting the passing seconds, surely you should be able to overlook much smaller inaccuracies and just enjoy the series. People go on about how tropes and stereotypes and yelling get tiring so fast - the same is true for harping on nitpicked inaccuracies and impossibilities.
yellowheartrenSep 20, 2019 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Until know I thought that the antibiotic will be just a stepping stone, but looking at the pace and episode count I assume it's pretty much the endgoal?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2017
HDVision said:
Until know I thought that the antibiotic will be just a stepping stone, but looking at the pace and episode count I assume it's pretty much the endgoal?

I think so. The rest of the missing components are:

Sep 20, 2019 8:22 PM
May 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
MariusMan said:
So slow pace, but i love it anyway

I don't find it slow. I mean it makes sense in the context of the anime
Plus senku is fascinating to watch
i know senku is brilliant but every episode is the same, a new thing for the medicine
Sep 20, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2016
Word of the wise: Those gas masks would have not helped much. Way to much exposed areas, namely the eyes. Theirs a reason so many soldiers in WW1 went blind for periods of time. Sulfuric Acid, and any of it's components in the gas form are dangerous as heck.
Sep 20, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2014
Vooo said:
They are making penacillin, why does Senku need all these extra ingredients? alterior motives? Is he the real villain?
Did you miss the part where Senku explained that penicillin is a mold that was discovered by accident and it would be nearly impossible for them to find again in time to save Ruri? They need all those chemicals to make the alternative to penicillin: sulfa drugs
Sep 20, 2019 9:57 PM

May 2019
A very suspenseful episode. Some really good character development going on, and the plot progression is fulfilling.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
A lot of people don't know shit about Chemistry yet they criticised this show "so stupid". Just google how toxic, dangerous H2S, SO2, SO3 is. And making protective mask is the best way to deal with any type of toxic gas. "Just hold your breath!" lol. People can only hold their breath for like 3-5 minutes at best. People who deal with H2SO4 need to be extremely careful and not at rush since that shit can literally get you burnt heavily if you touch it.
Sep 20, 2019 11:35 PM
Nov 2015
ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:
no body is gonna post a vid of them holding a stick with another person dangling on the other end of it. fact is humans that strong exist. get it through your thick skull. also, don't quote me three times.
its just your opinion do you even know that 50 kg weigh droping down from one meter when he reach ground wiegts 10 times more? so 50 kg weig at the time of impact it hits ground with 500kg force ? so you want say that gumans posible to catch such wieight with sticks ...ok dude you won just go watch anime more :) evry meter of droping velocity weight increases 10 times .. so yeah do the match or go back to school.
striperrelaSep 20, 2019 11:39 PM
Sep 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Well... That was chilling.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Sep 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Sr_N said:
HDVision said:

I think so. The rest of the missing components are:

I wonder if they'll take a quick detour to make Cola when they get to the carbonic acid stage

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Sep 21, 2019 12:26 AM

May 2019
still waiting for the cola
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Sep 21, 2019 12:38 AM
Oct 2007
This episode is full of shonen moments lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 2:54 AM

Sep 2016
Yoo those nasty fairy's face is disturbing
Sep 21, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 2017
ElZavier said:
Dr Stone : "SULPHUR IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IT WILL KILL YOU IN SECONDS!!!!!!"

Kawah Ijen Sulphur Miners : "Hold my pick axe"

Seriously, is sulphur THAT dangerous?, i knew it's dengerous but not THAT deadly since i live in Indonesia where it's common to mine those thing especially in Kawah Ijen where they mine it on daily basis.

It's easier to breathe in Sulfur when it's in the air floating around you than when it's a solid mineral..
It might be common in the place you live, but still extremely dangerous (since, as you know not only from dr. stone, the best bet of finding solid sulfur is around a volcano). Just google up "mining sulfur in indonesia" and check out some top results.
Sep 21, 2019 3:48 AM
Dec 2014
Just skipped around the dialogue this episode.

This pacing is so slow. From beginning to end all they did was make gas masks and get sulfuric acid. They mixed in enough melodramatic drama and flashbacks to make it poisonous to watch though.
Sep 21, 2019 4:17 AM

Jan 2018
> Ginro's taunt against Kinro about that spear. It was amusing.
> I really like those gas masks. They look cool.
> Chrome proving himself that he and Senku will make science great again.

Love it or hate it, Dr. Stone is making me interested in science again. That's what I can say about it.

Sep 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
Ginro finally got his silver spear, but it is not like what he envisioned it to be. Looks like Senku's next step is to make sulfur drugs, plus the thought of sulfuric acid is quite deadly as well.

An expedition to find sulfuric acid may turn heads from the usual that Mother Nature is 100% unpredictable of. And in the case of Senku's death, Chrome is dealt the knowledge of science of 2 million years, too soon maybe? But it is a gamble for the future. And of course, Chrome being himself, doesn't back down from a challenge that involves death, but rather, teamwork. And Kohaku has a duty too, similar in ambitions.

Gas masks to take in the sulfur onee-sama "demon", and trembling in the name of science. There's many risks in scientific research and improvement, but for the future, conquer that fear to keep safe and move on. And Ginro took that shot to save Chrome from the impending accídent and overcome his fears to acquire sulfuric acid.

It's been 3 months since this started, and I'd have to say this quality has held up constantly well! Onward to the 2nd cour of this series!
Sep 21, 2019 5:35 AM
Nov 2008
best ep. of dr.stone feelings and friendship.

i loved it
Sep 21, 2019 7:43 AM
Jan 2016
Senku and Chrome relationship as friends has increased, was amazing how Chrome made senku realize that would be better if they go gather the sulfuric acid together!

We got to know more about why Kohaku chosed to be that way!

We got some cute shots about Kohaku, she is so pretty!

That ending scared me, but i was expecting Ginro to save Chrome!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.